Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,038

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190337 Apr 27, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
So what, monster?
<quoted text>
Are you monster?
And you don't have to be able to reproduce in order to marry, so i dosen't matter.
<quoted text>
If you got married, one gender would be duplicated.
You are a monster with both male and female genes.(You called yourself a monster.)
Should you be allowed to marry?
Waiting...
You're sure right about "i dosen't matter". Yo sure dosen't. Yo is annoying noise that occasionally occurs. Static...
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#190338 Apr 27, 2013
poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>here's a solution legal ssm coming to all 50 states... thanks for playing
You stupid dumb blonde. You have been saying this for the past two years. All you morons thought this was an easy win, but you are wrong again. lol
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190339 Apr 27, 2013
BlueGlow wrote:
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) announced on April 16, 2013, that it is considering a license amendment that would allow Southern California Edison to restart the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Unit 2 at 70% power.
The public has 30 days to provide comments.
Lets not let them do that, why do we have to endure the shame of the Japanese had to with their nuclear power stations.
Because, we are free to make mistakes that others have already made, like legalizing SSM.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#190340 Apr 27, 2013
I can't believe you queers are still on this sick subject
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#190341 Apr 27, 2013
I have a fresh bunch of green bananas for you HO
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190342 Apr 27, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"White guy"? Don't forget the Italian half.
Jizzy has decided that I am into white power. Just indulging him.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190343 Apr 27, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You stupid dumb blonde. You have been saying this for the past two years. All you morons thought this was an easy win, but you are wrong again. lol
Bruno you silly third rate jackass! How they hanging?
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#190344 Apr 27, 2013
Why gays are NOT normal wrote:
Hi phellas- Im William Im just a dripppin cksker who luves some big honker driven up me rear end! Theres nothing like a poundin from a big hard throbin weenie. It makes me feel like the gay butt magnet I am.......and remember this: I am as NORMAL as any other person, just because I like a hard drivin anal pounding by a man , dont think Im not normal.\ ahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhh
lol ... I know just the man for you he goes by akpilot or something like that . you will finkd him here, talk to him
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190345 Apr 27, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
lol ... I know just the man for you he goes by akpilot or something like that . you will finkd him here, talk to him
He must have been good for you, you recommend him very highly.
GeeHauders

Covina, CA

#190346 Apr 27, 2013
Ask those Muslim's nicely to pack up their "GeeHaud" stuff and leave the USA.

So all you GeeHauder's pack up and destroy your former country you came from. or pick one and get lost back there.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190347 Apr 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
actually yes it does, more child abuse and domestic violence is reported because in the bad old days, no one dared report it.
He that does evil, hateth the light ( gee you may know that phrase )
I know children that were saved from hateful and abusive parents, I know what the old days you pine for were, and we as a people free from that tynary are never, ever going back
That's it, sir!! Pound your fist on the railing! Shout in a fit!! Work the crowd up into a lather, sir!! I think you're on to something, now...Think! Of the possibilities...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190348 Apr 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
When Kim Kardashian married Kris Humphries for 72 days, was that a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior?
When Anna Nicole Smith, who met 85 year old oil tycoon, J. Howard Marshall, at the strip club where she performed and then married him, was that a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior?
When the minister, Glynn "Scotty" Wolfe, married and divorced 29 times, were those cross cultural constraints on evolutionary mating behavior?
When Britney Spears married Jason Allen Alexander at The Little White Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas; only to have it annulled 55 hours later, was that a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior?
Face it, you boob, heterosexual marriage has been in decline for centuries. It has nothing to do with gays.
Perfectly normal, long-term gay couples wish to marry one another. It will have NO impact on marriage and families.
You have a cob up your jacksie about gays--that's all. You think we're "broken"--that we are genetic mistakes. You think these things even though you have no proof to back up your claims.
Get over it! Gays are normal, functioning, people. I would say that they're just like you, but that would be insulting to us.
No, those were predictable train wrecks, like SSM.
"heterosexual marriage has been in decline for centuries. "? Oh? I need for you to explain how less people have been getting married, over the centuries..Please provide documented data, and peer reviews. Please give your margin for error.
Or, you could simply admit that you have gone out on a limb, and made a false claim (again).
And don't flatter yourself by thinking that you are the rational ones. You have already been told.
Tell us when we get to the part where you set yourselves up as the originally rational ones, and how we heterosexuals have always been duplicating your idealogy.
And, please don't forget to include the bit about how we are "closet cases' for asserting that you are broken.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190349 Apr 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I still think they are desperately trying to preserve the holiness of Brittany Spears 3 day "just for fun" marriage
We already know that you are an idiot. No confirmation necessary.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190350 Apr 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times have you made this stupid argument? Equal protection of the law. PLEASE explain how 5 people in a marriage are equal to two people.
And where is it written that changing one aspect of a law means ALL aspects are required to be changed? It's such a bogus argument. If I thought you had any sense, I'd expect you'd be embarrassed, but somehow YOU think it's a valid point. Yeah, right.....
Those 2 people do not possess any more rights than do the 5. Or, any less. Ipso facto, equality. Any other simply inane questions concerning governmental restrictions on marriage?
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190351 Apr 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times have you made this stupid argument? Equal protection of the law. PLEASE explain how 5 people in a marriage are equal to two people.
And where is it written that changing one aspect of a law means ALL aspects are required to be changed? It's such a bogus argument. If I thought you had any sense, I'd expect you'd be embarrassed, but somehow YOU think it's a valid point. Yeah, right.....
And, ALL aspects are open for, and subject to, re-legislation, since you guys opened a can of worms. You cannot merely open a door for yourselves, and close it behind you. I think that falls under the "Equalitus For Allofus" argument.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190352 Apr 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee.... why do you bother to get out of bed in the mornings if you are so afraid of the unknown. What a wuss.
The only thing that I am afraid of is that you might one day wake up and think that you are his equal. "Yikes"
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190353 Apr 27, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times are you ignoring the equal protection of the husband AND wife within the marital relationship?
<quoted text>
Think about the simple requirements that are in place now XBox. The participants have to consent, be of age, not closely related by blood other than first cousins in some states, not currently married, and of the opposite sex in most states. If the opposite sex requirement is dropped, there's no need to prohibit same sex siblings from marrying. No chance of pregnancy there.
If the nature, conjugality (as in husband and wife) of the marital relationship is no longer a requirement, why should the number be a requirement? Why prohibit certain pairings? Why does it matter who marries who, or doesn't marry who?
That'd be due to the fact that even the kids on the short buses have a hierarchy of "coolness". "They're the 'tards, I don't know how I got mixed up with them".
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190354 Apr 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
OK... Let's look at "real America". In 2008, just over 40% of live births in this country were to single parent households. That's up from 18.4% in 1980.
I thought that evolutionary mating behavior (from a cross cultural perspective) depended on marriage.
Apparently not...
Don't throw gays under the bus just because you straight people can't seem to stay married.
Hundreds of thousands of us would love to be given the opportunity to marry someone for life.
You can't predict whether or not a gay couple will divorce any more than I can predict whether or not a straight couple will.
Umm, Simple Simon...
He made no predictions. He threw no gays under any bus, based upon statistics of straight people. Live births to single straight households have no bearing on SSM. You may marry, for life, anyone of the opposite sex. And if you stop objecting to polygamy, you may marry into a polygamous marriage, and have a "favorite". It won't have to be a person of the opposite gender then, now, will it? See, how accepting the desires of others can help you?
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190355 Apr 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. That's more your schtick.
And why would I rate my posts bad and yours good you big dummy? Boy are you stupid. Too funny!
P.S. Get an argument and get back to us.
Because he's f**ked-up?
I get this: "Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. "Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. " when I try to type the words that the gays get to use, with impunity...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190356 Apr 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You can, some of us cannot. Some posters are more equal than others on Topix.
Right. I get: "Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. "
What clearer example of one-sidedness is there?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HemetFor now, judge won't block Hemet fire switch 7 hr EastEndResident 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 8 hr RiccardoFire 16,008
HemetHEMET: Firefighters want voters decide dep... 10 hr EastEndResident 3
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sun No Time for Tea 5,084
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 27 Bucketeers 7,965
Diamond valley middle school Sep 25 Hopeing this is n... 1
Review: Hemet Eye Care Center Of Optometry (Oct '13) Sep 21 hi5432j 2

Hemet News Video

Hemet Jobs

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hemet News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hemet

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]