Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
166,181 - 166,200 of 200,361 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
It's no secret that most Americans are dumber than a box of rocks, and they think no one can see through their lies.
Unfortunately, you and your type have been allowed to prosper, this is why most Americans are dumber than a bag of rocks. Somewhere, sometime, someone lied to you and told you that you mattered. They didn't fight the apparent idiocy that you displaying. You should have been beaten about the face and neck, until you straightened up.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I base my opinion on logic.
Heterosexual couples are legally allowed to marry. They make whatever promises to one another in front of groups of people or only to one another. This is a "ceremony"; an act that in the eyes of the law means nothing.
Homosexual couples can do the same thing. We have "commitment ceremonies" or other public/private exchanges of promises. They also, legally, mean nothing.
Heterosexual couples have the extra benefits and protections of legal marriage. These benefits and protections allow them to do any number of things--take FMLA, receive spousal Medicare or Social Security benefits, obtain base housing in the military, inheritance protection; the list goes on.
Gay couples pay into the same systems that straight couples pay into. They get the benefits, we do not.
Even straight couples who enter into "sham marriages" are able to get these benefits.
Every accepted scientific, medical, and legal collective,(ABA, AMA, APA, NASW, etc.) is in support of same-sex marriage. They all recognize that same-sex partnerships, at their foundation, are equal to opposite-sex partnerships.
There is NO REASON why same-sex couples should be denied the exact same benefits and protections that legally married heterosexual couples have.
Key word here is "take".
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Officer Baker Supporter wrote:
Gay Marriage is our modern day Civil Rights movement.
No, it isn't. It's a shit stain, on the trousers of rationality.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Let's take a refreshing break from Big D's angry ranting and raving!
Here's a little anecdote I wrote on a thread about British English-
Xavier Breath learns English. by Frankie Rizzo
This is a story of an Englishman going to an American service station to get some new windshield wiper blades.
He fills his tank with petrol and asks the dopey looking attendant with a patch on his shirt that says "Xavier B" for some windscreen wipers.
Xavier replies "Golly! What the hell is that for?" The Englishman answers "To wipe the rain off the windscreen." Xavier says "Windscreen? It's a windshield you dumbass Limey,'Mercans invented the car so it's called whatever we say it's called".
The Englishman replied, look jackass, we invented the language! Not only that but we invented windscreen wipers and patented them in 1911 so they are called whatever we say they are called!"
Xavier replied. "Sorry sir! Shall I wash your windshield now?" The Englishman said. "What a dipsh!t."
Xavier filed hate crime charges and won a civil suit for a million dollar settlement and that is why he now sits on his dopey ass and posts nonsense all day and night instead of pumping gas. The Englishman lost his million dollar fortune to Xavier and now he pumps gas at Xavier's old job.
The End.
:D
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Stimied wrote:
Medical and recreational marijuana may be legal in Colorado, but employers in the state can lawfully fire workers who test positive for the drug, even if it was used off duty, according to a court ruling Thursday.
The Colorado Court of Appeals found there is no employment protection for medical marijuana users in the state since the drug remains barred by the federal government.
I've been waiting for that to occur. I support the recreational use of marijuana, and have had several truck drivers revel in the legalization of it, and have told them that will be the result.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnít, they keep bringing up procreation as an argument against same sex marriage and I just keep reminding them that has no place in this argument.
And thank you I agree, when you argue with a child and they canít stand up to what you are saying they go after you personally, or criticize spelling or typos or what have you... I agree, you cannot stand up to the argument
You haven't been honest. You have been insisting "they" have stated that procreation is a REQUIREMENT for marriage. No one has said that.

Glad to see I have finally shamed you into toning down that lie.

I agree that even childless families are good for society. But to argue that children have nothing to do with the government's interest in marriage is ridiculous. Did you cut the first day of freshman sociology or cultural anthropology?
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they do, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, cousins, grandparents.
<quoted text>
That reasoning could be applied to a number of consenting adult relationships.
<quoted text>
Suppose the two men were brothers.....does it change the situation?
<quoted text>
And the brothers?
<quoted text>
Would the brother?
<quoted text>
Legally married opposite sex couple. They could be of "mixed orientation".
<quoted text>
Nor with siblings?
<quoted text>
It's not available to other adults in similar situations either.
<quoted text>
Why stop at couples? If marriage is simply a protection program, it's unfair to limit it to "couples". Plural marriages, adult siblings living together long term, etc., could also benefit from marriage protection.
On the money!
:D

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
P.S. I am the only white guy in my family. All my descendents are Asian with a touch more or less of Grandpa Frankie.
"White guy"? Don't forget the Italian half.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about you.
Paraphrasing Shakespeare. Should have figured it would go over your head.
Yes, your "jig"gy moves really threw him ...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it doesn't. You don't understand logic at all. Logic dictates that your rights shouldn't depend on what's in your underwear.
Then, you support the complete removal of all gender-based restrictions? Then, my rights were violated, in school, by my not being allowed to take school showers with the girls....I mean the other "persons of non-relevant-gender"...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
So what, monster?
<quoted text>
Are you monster?
And you don't have to be able to reproduce in order to marry, so i dosen't matter.
<quoted text>
If you got married, one gender would be duplicated.
You are a monster with both male and female genes.(You called yourself a monster.)
Should you be allowed to marry?
Waiting...
You're sure right about "i dosen't matter". Yo sure dosen't. Yo is annoying noise that occasionally occurs. Static...
Bruno

Wilmington, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>here's a solution legal ssm coming to all 50 states... thanks for playing
You stupid dumb blonde. You have been saying this for the past two years. All you morons thought this was an easy win, but you are wrong again. lol
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

BlueGlow wrote:
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) announced on April 16, 2013, that it is considering a license amendment that would allow Southern California Edison to restart the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Unit 2 at 70% power.
The public has 30 days to provide comments.
Lets not let them do that, why do we have to endure the shame of the Japanese had to with their nuclear power stations.
Because, we are free to make mistakes that others have already made, like legalizing SSM.
Bruno

Wilmington, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

I can't believe you queers are still on this sick subject
Bruno

Wilmington, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

I have a fresh bunch of green bananas for you HO
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"White guy"? Don't forget the Italian half.
Jizzy has decided that I am into white power. Just indulging him.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You stupid dumb blonde. You have been saying this for the past two years. All you morons thought this was an easy win, but you are wrong again. lol
Bruno you silly third rate jackass! How they hanging?
Bruno

Wilmington, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Why gays are NOT normal wrote:
Hi phellas- Im William Im just a dripppin cksker who luves some big honker driven up me rear end! Theres nothing like a poundin from a big hard throbin weenie. It makes me feel like the gay butt magnet I am.......and remember this: I am as NORMAL as any other person, just because I like a hard drivin anal pounding by a man , dont think Im not normal.\ ahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhh
lol ... I know just the man for you he goes by akpilot or something like that . you will finkd him here, talk to him
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
lol ... I know just the man for you he goes by akpilot or something like that . you will finkd him here, talk to him
He must have been good for you, you recommend him very highly.
GeeHauders

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Ask those Muslim's nicely to pack up their "GeeHaud" stuff and leave the USA.

So all you GeeHauder's pack up and destroy your former country you came from. or pick one and get lost back there.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hemet Discussions

Search the Hemet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Rancho Cordova hires city manager 3 hr saays who 4
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr Commander Bunny 4,897
Review: VIP Autos (Dec '13) 17 hr Guess who 2
what keeps hemet from going bankrupt? (Sep '12) 19 hr Rob Whitey 26
Hemet wife beaters 20 hr bigdave 1
Devin F you're my secret crush! Tue weird 7
Man assaults kids at McDonalds-east florida on ... (Jul '13) Tue Riverside Dave 129
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 30 at 12:00PM PDT

•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
Hemet Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••