Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,307)

Showing posts 166,121 - 166,140 of199,085
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am relaxed and yeah, frightened little weasels are what they are.
Scared to death that someone different than themselves will be recognized equally, even though that recognition will cost them absolutely nothing at all.
I wish that we were both in the same place, at the same time. I'd throw a drink in your face, and then, we'd see who the weasel really is.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
smirking dolt :
the law is central to the cases at hand and to what's been presented in court.
your opinion doesn't play into either the cases nor the law. just because you don't think that same sex couples can make a marriage doesn't negate the fact that they can (and will) obtain marriage licenses.
your opinion doesn't play into anyone else's marriages either.
if you consider the law a mockery, then your're free to leave and find a place of residence where you feel like you're surrounded by like minded people and you agree with the laws regarding marriage. good luck.
We'd prefer it if YOU left, and we could return to what is normal. If you don't like it here, then you should go and form your own country, instead of f**king ours up.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignorant haters sure do have a hard time reading for comprehension. Let me explain it for you, my point is that it doesn’t matter if I am a bigot, a hypocrite or anything else you want to label me to deserve Gay Marriage Equality. Essentially you feel you’re superior to Gay Americans and calling us names is your very lame (and I mean very lame) way of justifying your own hate. Cutting out all of your childish name calling and tantrums; you can’t present one valid reason why Gay Americans don’t deserve Gay Marriage Equality.
Did you say something, sugar, besides how you ignore all the rational arguments? I didn't think so.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Drunken losers like you aren’t even on the train, you’re just too stupid to realize it.
"Drunken"? "Loser"? You are funny, minimum-wage-boy. Go and flip some more burgers, and hate me, when I walk into your McPlace of employment and pull out a wad of C-notes.
TexOpens

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Rick Perry's and Mitt Romney's IDEA OF HANDS OFF BUSINES JUST BLEW UP in there faces.

BOOM - it's all gone.

Texas has another opening for a replacement business?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, that's an easy one. It's because the site is operated by biased moderators.
I actually appreciate the handicap. When I get banished, I know I have hit the sweet spot.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are all great reasons, but, you forgot the most important one. Gay Marriage should be legal because we deserve equal rights and we’re Americans. By the way, who is the “we” you are referring to? Could it be the arrogant elitist ignorant haters? When are “we”(being you and all your hater friends) going to realize you have no say when it comes to people’s rights. That’s why “we”(being you and all your hater friends) are losing the fight to suppress Gay Americans right to marriage. But, thanks for the silly tantrum, you always amuse me.
As an American, you have equal rights, to marry according to the dictates of the majority. That's it. Elitist haters? You steal my words. You have no rights to marry a man, you moron. you may be changing that, but you are making the law recognize monstrosities. Such as yourself.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish that we were both in the same place, at the same time. I'd throw a drink in your face, and then, we'd see who the weasel really is.
Call me first! I'll pay for that drink. And then a few more while we laugh as Big D dries off.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmm.... let's see..... what was that post of yours? "You must be some kind of wimp, to threaten people on the internet."

Curious.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, that's an easy one. It's because the site is operated by biased moderators.
Paranoia....... very sad.

It couldn't POSSIBLY be that you're a wing-nut, now could it?
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays don't force straight people to desecrate families by having 40,000,000 abortions each year.
Gays don't force straight people to spend more on a wedding ceremony, very often going into debt, than they do on a good, midsize sedan.
Gays don't force straight people to divorce at a rate unseen in human history.
You guys seem to think we're the cause of your marriage and family woes.
Go look in the mirror, you yutz! You're your own worst enemy!
Back to quoting non-relevant statistics again? And you wish to be seen as equals, when you use these stats, that prove how unequal you are.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
I am Jizzy's special project.
He wants to be you...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you say such a thing? It’s not the least bit funny.
Funny, no. But likely? Yes.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

An observer wrote:
Huge misguding and propaganda goes around.
Marriage institute is not a personal preference and it is not about the rights or love.
It is a privilege establish by the society to the women, let her comfortable to have a child and be financially protected if man decide to live her after having sex with her.
If the married couple have love and live together they don't need a goverment to secure that living.
That institution made to share responsibility for the result of sex relationship which could end up with birth of child.
In many cultures marriage without children is annulled or could be annulled by that reason. Christian based culture more generos and not making the birth a contegency on the protection guaranties to the women.
If people want to have a protection on contract they need to write one and enforce it under regular law regardless to the fact that they have sexull intercourse or not.
But the real motive is a goverment benefits to the marriage institute.
The vote result shows that general public has no interest in sponsoring tax breaks for inheritance of individual who could not produce children. That tax break was design to protect children and women who could earn money because she was carring children.
Why are friends passing property to each other must be treated differently if they are f... or not? We all love friends, parents, siblings , children without sexual relationship and we want them the same privileges in the tax as well unfortunately we can't afford it now.(or may be we should vote on it?)
You see the question do we want to give tax brakes to rich homosectual or not, is the question for the majority and have nothing to do with human rights.
Unfortunaly the have huge money and good lobby to fix result of people vote.
It's nothing more, than a dash for the cash. "Gimme, gimme, gimme", nothing more.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Newsflash!
We live in US of A, procreation isn't a requirement for marriage. Ergo the rest of your comment regarding financial benefits for women with children is a bit irrelevant in the matter of the question of validating same sex marriage in the US.
The real motive for most couples in the US, apparently, is a pronouncement of love which is recognised in marriage. The legal ramifications of the contract are icing on the cake.
Not at all, sir. Nothing of the sort. It is about the "[enumerated] rights" that are to be had. If it was about "love", there'd be no need for any legislation, at all. they'd already have it. It's the icing on the cake that it is the REAL target, the $$. Children were the original reason for coupling and mating, and all the rest. Normal, natural family.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Fundamentalist wrote:
New revelation!!!
I think the gay hype is the alien invasion the world is talking about.... The whole idea around homosexuality reality is alien even to their DNA....
The transformation the human being must go through to become gay is alien..... They take up all levels of society demanding rights that is ALIEN....
Ya I can see the invasion and yes the Aliens are here....
Well my Alien friends your fight for rights is warping society to an alienated mind-set as never before, it is foreign to the norm that society should be building values on. This alien invasion is positioned in all levels of society influenced from right on top of world influence. Well you can draw in the Bible as a consion, but the fight all across the planet for an alien reasoning is big. Yes, the aliens are calling victim as far as they go....Victims of what? Society not wanting this invasion, I know the weed with the good seed will mature until the weed can be removed, plucked out from the human heart.
Outstanding post.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no... more churches today wish to be able to preform same sex marriages than 5 years ago.
But it hasn’t been fast enough
Your problem is that you are selling ignorance and hate, and that just does not sell as well as it used to
You have attempted in the last 50 years to shore up your numbers by aligning with a political party, but that has also backfired
Yes, the infiltration and subversion effort is far-reaching.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not try being honest? Your objection to same sex marriage is based upon your religion.
He IS being honest. You can't stand it. You should try to be honest, and admit that it is all about the money. Greedy little swine.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Paranoia....... very sad.
It couldn't POSSIBLY be that you're a wing-nut, now could it?
Yeah right. You're very sad.

If I type f*** as you routinely type it, my post will be deleted. I have tried it several times.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
The part where you think we should be denied marriage is where your opinion comes in.
Fact: there is no reason to deny SS marriage the same legal status as one penis/ one vagina marriages.
Fact: There is no compelling reason for us to fund SSM.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 166,121 - 166,140 of199,085
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr Ronald 4,554
ANTI-ABORTION: Roe v Wade commemorations in Hem... 3 hr NoahRS 4
sad sad sad:/ 5 hr Right 10
Single men in Hemet 18 hr mesohh 7
Recall papers served on 3 Hemet council members Thu Hemet is good 16
Hemet Council Election 2014. (Jan '13) Thu Hemet is great 31
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Thu Activity 15,657
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••