Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,158

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190331 Apr 27, 2013
Stimied wrote:
Medical and recreational marijuana may be legal in Colorado, but employers in the state can lawfully fire workers who test positive for the drug, even if it was used off duty, according to a court ruling Thursday.
The Colorado Court of Appeals found there is no employment protection for medical marijuana users in the state since the drug remains barred by the federal government.
I've been waiting for that to occur. I support the recreational use of marijuana, and have had several truck drivers revel in the legalization of it, and have told them that will be the result.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190332 Apr 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnít, they keep bringing up procreation as an argument against same sex marriage and I just keep reminding them that has no place in this argument.
And thank you I agree, when you argue with a child and they canít stand up to what you are saying they go after you personally, or criticize spelling or typos or what have you... I agree, you cannot stand up to the argument
You haven't been honest. You have been insisting "they" have stated that procreation is a REQUIREMENT for marriage. No one has said that.

Glad to see I have finally shamed you into toning down that lie.

I agree that even childless families are good for society. But to argue that children have nothing to do with the government's interest in marriage is ridiculous. Did you cut the first day of freshman sociology or cultural anthropology?
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190333 Apr 27, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they do, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, cousins, grandparents.
<quoted text>
That reasoning could be applied to a number of consenting adult relationships.
<quoted text>
Suppose the two men were brothers.....does it change the situation?
<quoted text>
And the brothers?
<quoted text>
Would the brother?
<quoted text>
Legally married opposite sex couple. They could be of "mixed orientation".
<quoted text>
Nor with siblings?
<quoted text>
It's not available to other adults in similar situations either.
<quoted text>
Why stop at couples? If marriage is simply a protection program, it's unfair to limit it to "couples". Plural marriages, adult siblings living together long term, etc., could also benefit from marriage protection.
On the money!
:D

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#190334 Apr 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
P.S. I am the only white guy in my family. All my descendents are Asian with a touch more or less of Grandpa Frankie.
"White guy"? Don't forget the Italian half.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190335 Apr 27, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about you.
Paraphrasing Shakespeare. Should have figured it would go over your head.
Yes, your "jig"gy moves really threw him ...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190336 Apr 27, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it doesn't. You don't understand logic at all. Logic dictates that your rights shouldn't depend on what's in your underwear.
Then, you support the complete removal of all gender-based restrictions? Then, my rights were violated, in school, by my not being allowed to take school showers with the girls....I mean the other "persons of non-relevant-gender"...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190337 Apr 27, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
So what, monster?
<quoted text>
Are you monster?
And you don't have to be able to reproduce in order to marry, so i dosen't matter.
<quoted text>
If you got married, one gender would be duplicated.
You are a monster with both male and female genes.(You called yourself a monster.)
Should you be allowed to marry?
Waiting...
You're sure right about "i dosen't matter". Yo sure dosen't. Yo is annoying noise that occasionally occurs. Static...
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#190338 Apr 27, 2013
poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>here's a solution legal ssm coming to all 50 states... thanks for playing
You stupid dumb blonde. You have been saying this for the past two years. All you morons thought this was an easy win, but you are wrong again. lol
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190339 Apr 27, 2013
BlueGlow wrote:
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) announced on April 16, 2013, that it is considering a license amendment that would allow Southern California Edison to restart the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Unit 2 at 70% power.
The public has 30 days to provide comments.
Lets not let them do that, why do we have to endure the shame of the Japanese had to with their nuclear power stations.
Because, we are free to make mistakes that others have already made, like legalizing SSM.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#190340 Apr 27, 2013
I can't believe you queers are still on this sick subject
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#190341 Apr 27, 2013
I have a fresh bunch of green bananas for you HO
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190342 Apr 27, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"White guy"? Don't forget the Italian half.
Jizzy has decided that I am into white power. Just indulging him.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190343 Apr 27, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You stupid dumb blonde. You have been saying this for the past two years. All you morons thought this was an easy win, but you are wrong again. lol
Bruno you silly third rate jackass! How they hanging?
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#190344 Apr 27, 2013
Why gays are NOT normal wrote:
Hi phellas- Im William Im just a dripppin cksker who luves some big honker driven up me rear end! Theres nothing like a poundin from a big hard throbin weenie. It makes me feel like the gay butt magnet I am.......and remember this: I am as NORMAL as any other person, just because I like a hard drivin anal pounding by a man , dont think Im not normal.\ ahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhh
lol ... I know just the man for you he goes by akpilot or something like that . you will finkd him here, talk to him
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190345 Apr 27, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
lol ... I know just the man for you he goes by akpilot or something like that . you will finkd him here, talk to him
He must have been good for you, you recommend him very highly.
GeeHauders

Covina, CA

#190346 Apr 27, 2013
Ask those Muslim's nicely to pack up their "GeeHaud" stuff and leave the USA.

So all you GeeHauder's pack up and destroy your former country you came from. or pick one and get lost back there.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190347 Apr 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
actually yes it does, more child abuse and domestic violence is reported because in the bad old days, no one dared report it.
He that does evil, hateth the light ( gee you may know that phrase )
I know children that were saved from hateful and abusive parents, I know what the old days you pine for were, and we as a people free from that tynary are never, ever going back
That's it, sir!! Pound your fist on the railing! Shout in a fit!! Work the crowd up into a lather, sir!! I think you're on to something, now...Think! Of the possibilities...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190348 Apr 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
When Kim Kardashian married Kris Humphries for 72 days, was that a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior?
When Anna Nicole Smith, who met 85 year old oil tycoon, J. Howard Marshall, at the strip club where she performed and then married him, was that a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior?
When the minister, Glynn "Scotty" Wolfe, married and divorced 29 times, were those cross cultural constraints on evolutionary mating behavior?
When Britney Spears married Jason Allen Alexander at The Little White Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas; only to have it annulled 55 hours later, was that a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior?
Face it, you boob, heterosexual marriage has been in decline for centuries. It has nothing to do with gays.
Perfectly normal, long-term gay couples wish to marry one another. It will have NO impact on marriage and families.
You have a cob up your jacksie about gays--that's all. You think we're "broken"--that we are genetic mistakes. You think these things even though you have no proof to back up your claims.
Get over it! Gays are normal, functioning, people. I would say that they're just like you, but that would be insulting to us.
No, those were predictable train wrecks, like SSM.
"heterosexual marriage has been in decline for centuries. "? Oh? I need for you to explain how less people have been getting married, over the centuries..Please provide documented data, and peer reviews. Please give your margin for error.
Or, you could simply admit that you have gone out on a limb, and made a false claim (again).
And don't flatter yourself by thinking that you are the rational ones. You have already been told.
Tell us when we get to the part where you set yourselves up as the originally rational ones, and how we heterosexuals have always been duplicating your idealogy.
And, please don't forget to include the bit about how we are "closet cases' for asserting that you are broken.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190349 Apr 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I still think they are desperately trying to preserve the holiness of Brittany Spears 3 day "just for fun" marriage
We already know that you are an idiot. No confirmation necessary.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190350 Apr 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times have you made this stupid argument? Equal protection of the law. PLEASE explain how 5 people in a marriage are equal to two people.
And where is it written that changing one aspect of a law means ALL aspects are required to be changed? It's such a bogus argument. If I thought you had any sense, I'd expect you'd be embarrassed, but somehow YOU think it's a valid point. Yeah, right.....
Those 2 people do not possess any more rights than do the 5. Or, any less. Ipso facto, equality. Any other simply inane questions concerning governmental restrictions on marriage?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hemet - The worst city to live in california 15 hr Really 12
bums on bikes 22 hr kmnine 5
Residents Of Hemet, San Jacinto Still Cleaning ... Wed Donna knight 1
corruption with Riverside county CPS Wed Chris 3
Review: Hemet Family Dentist,Dr Vimal Patel,DDS Dec 15 Michael2327 1
One of Two Suspects Arrested in Jack-in-the-Box... Dec 15 lupita garcia 8
One dead, one wounded after incident in Hemet p... (Dec '08) Dec 15 Chris 49

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match