Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,971

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Rock Hudson

Candler, NC

#189827 Apr 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Are we done holding hands?
Snicker.
It's "Kumbaya" time... Or, is it "We shall overcome"?
Rock Hudson

Candler, NC

#189828 Apr 23, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they flat out say there is another explanation and it should be researched further.
I guess you do have trouble with the English Language.
<quoted text>
Google? Seriously?
Perhaps you have heard of Webster or Oxford? Neither if which contain the term "Disproven".
That would also be the reason why you get that little red line under the word, because it is at best- slang.
You should ask for a refund for your tuition, that is if you actually paid for your degree and you aren't just another "internet genius."
Google, what a laugh... You are like that commercial- They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true..
I don't think that he wishes for you to trouble him, with sticky little details... He just wants for you to let a brother be, and shit...
Rock Hudson

Candler, NC

#189829 Apr 23, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
So what, whether Iím a hater or a hypocrite it doesnít matter, I still deserve Gay Marriage rights. And I donít have to care about others rights in order to deserve them. Thanks for the tantrum though, you never disappoint with your silly retorts.
Why do you make that bogus claim? Is it because we happen to disagree with your opinion? Grow up.

And..
"I donít. All the haters like he/she/it are willfully and arrogantly ignorant."
Try harder, pigeon-chest. WE know what's right, and we are not going to allow you to railroad us.
Rock Hudson

Candler, NC

#189830 Apr 23, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Go try speaking freely in China.
Why, are you planning on moving there?
Rock Hudson

Candler, NC

#189831 Apr 23, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
So what, I'm a hypocrite. Still doesn't change the fact that I deserve Gay Marriage equality. Now what do you have to say about that silly man? roflmao at you.
Actually, there is no equality in your request, as there is a disparity in your team..
Rock Hudson

Candler, NC

#189832 Apr 23, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
On second thouht, I have no idea what you're talking about, care to expain?
Is English that difficult.......for you?
Rock Hudson

Candler, NC

#189833 Apr 23, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
I read it super slowly, still don't understand. Care to explain?
Go and ask mommy to draw you some pictures.
Rock Hudson

Candler, NC

#189834 Apr 23, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
From Wikipedia...
The Bill of Rights lists specifically enumerated rights. The Supreme Court has extended fundamental rights by recognizing several fundamental rights not specifically enumerated in the Constitution, including but not limited to:
The right to interstate travel
The right to intrastate travel
The right to privacy (which includes within it a set of rights) including:
a. THE RIGHT TO MARRIAGE (emphasis added)
b. The right to procreation
c. The right for a woman to choose to have an abortion before fetal viability
d. The right to contraception (the right to use contraceptive devices)[16]
e. The right of family relations (the right of related persons to live together)
----------
Now, I'm not an attorney. I won't pretend to be one. But it's my understanding that "the right to marry" has been supported by 14 Supreme Court Cases.
I would say that your claim has been disproven!
Marriage, yes, in the accepted and traditional terms, as was understood then.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189835 Apr 23, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Go and ask mommy to draw you some pictures.
Marram doesn't understand what a right is. But he wants the "right to gay marriage" and we must give it to him dammit!

What a dope.
Rock Hudson

Candler, NC

#189836 Apr 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so ignorant
Can you please show me the law where Human Fruit is mentioned?
What it is called is marriage, equal regardless of Race, Creed, Color, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National Origin
You are the one avoiding the point, there are already 18,000 legally married same sex couples in California right now, MARRIED, as legal and as recognized as your marriage or any other.
The legal question is why are new same sex couples not given the equal opportunity to marry as the 18,000 same sex couples that already are married.
Which means that the real question is why should new SSC's be given something that the first 18K shouldn't have been given..
Rock Hudson

Candler, NC

#189837 Apr 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, this is the problem with only getting your information from Faux news
Are you really unaware of how much they have won so far?
25 years ago no states or nations recognized same sex marriage.
The tally is climbing so fast it is hard to keep up, Delaware is the next state I think, California already does recognize same sex marriage by the way, there are 18,000 legally and recognized same sex married couples in California right now, France looks to be the next nation
They are winning right and left, every month the numbers change, and always in their favor.
We both know that section 3 of DOMA will fall, that means federal recognition of same sex marriage, Prop 8 is doomed no matter what the Supreme Court decides, as it will just go on the next ballot and Prop 8 will go down in a walk.
Are you really this blind as to what is actually happening, open your eyes.
No, we are well aware of what is happening..
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189838 Apr 23, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Which means that the real question is why should new SSC's be given something that the first 18K shouldn't have been given..
Your opinion does not matter, just as my opinion that Charles Manson should be dead right now doesnít matter.

There are 18,000 legally recognized same sex married couples in California right now... not an opinion, a fact. As legal and as recognized as your marriage ( assuming you are ) and mine ( I am )

Now Same sex couples are not being treated equally, some were allowed to marry, others cannot, dont fool yourself into thinking that isnít a part of the equal rights issue because it is.

It is the most likely reason that Prop 8 will fail, there are 2 standards for same sex marriage in a state that recognizes same sex marriage.( yes California does, or there would not be 18,000 legally recognized same sex marriages in California regardless of Prop 8 )
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189839 Apr 23, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we are well aware of what is happening..
You may be, some of the folks on your side are obviously not.

The numbers are changing monthly, Delaware is about to recognize them, so is Nevada come the next election cycle, more nations are about to recognize them as well, it is in the news every day.

It is far too late to try and stop justice now.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#189840 Apr 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Great point! What's it prove again?
Get some substance for chrissakes Miss Ad Hominem.
You can't convert anyone into being gay, dumbass. Is it really THAT difficult for you to comprehend what you read? Jesus!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#189841 Apr 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Joisey is NY's funniest joke. You just need to say "Joisey" in NY and you'll get a laugh.
Not as big a laugh as your posts get!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#189842 Apr 23, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
The real question is how far are you willing to twist reality to fit your fucked-up thought process. "Shouldn't have been given" is a rather bogus claim, since it was given by the State.

I am SO looking forward to reading about your head exploding when SCOTUS tosses Prop 8.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189843 Apr 23, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't convert anyone into being gay, dumbass. Is it really THAT difficult for you to comprehend what you read? Jesus!
They donít comprehend that, they are so insecure in their own sexuality that they are afraid they will be "converted"

They are more afraid of you, than you are of them
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#189846 Apr 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
They donít comprehend that, they are so insecure in their own sexuality that they are afraid they will be "converted"
They are more afraid of you, than you are of them
Why would I be afraid of them? They are simple cowards and completely bereft of intellect.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#189847 Apr 23, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I am sure that you can cite specifically where in Article III of the US Constitution the court is granted the power to "interpret law" or for that matter where they are granted the power to create "right's"?
Hell, how about you tell us where the Federal Judiciary found the authorization in Article III to HEAR the Prop 8 Case in the first place?
This was a State matter, not a Federal one.
Well, apparently a number of people who are a whole lot more knowledgeable about the matter than you or I have decided that it was worth hearing.

And 14 Supreme Court rulings that identified marriage to be a right of all U.S. citizens seems to be at odds with your beliefs.

Maybe you believe that you know more about law than these people. Is that the case? If so, why didn't you offer your services to the proponents of Proposition 8? Maybe you did. Maybe they didn't want it.
nixxed

Covina, CA

#189848 Apr 23, 2013
France became the 14th country in the world to allow same-sex couples, when its parliament approved a law that has sparked often violent street protests and a rise in homophobic attacks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 24 min Go Blue Forever 2,272
david steidell (Aug '07) 4 hr huhwhathaha 13
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 12 hr zhuzhamm 5,079
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 17 hr Pizza 16,000
HemetHEMET: Firefighters not giving up fight to... Thu West end Resident 2
ugly women with ugly tattoos!!!!! (Oct '12) Wed Bad teachers 90
Why is hemet racist ?!? Wed Chris 26
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hemet People Search