Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
165,521 - 165,540 of 200,365 Comments Last updated Thursday
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

melanie krupps wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't a sad Ohio queer like yourself, be contemplating suicide rather than posting here on Topix?
Why don't you lead, by example? I'll follow...Please, make a Youtube video and post it, so that I may exactly follow your steps...
TheComps

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

As many residents already know of Gary Clifford's workers compensation claim, while he worked as a motorcycle police officer. But to go on and become a Glendora City Council man, Mayor, Instructor at Citrus College and finally CFO for Athens Services?

Don't want to leave out his work for other businesses, vactations include water, snow skiing, piloting a small airplane, marching and or jumping up and down at political rallies.

So whats the difference between what John X. Vach and What Gary Clifford did and has gotten away with for several years?
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

melanie krupps wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't a sad Ohio queer like yourself, be contemplating suicide rather than posting here on Topix?
Why don't you go and play a nice game of "Super-Sharp Eye Sticks" with one of your kind?
SEYMOUR DUCK

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Guess if you want some thing done do it yourself, RIGHT. GENERATOR & DREDGE PUMP 6am minyona Taking my Bar B Q too!
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

melanie krupps wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you even guess why it's called that? And why it only comes with 3 sticks, and is unofficially called "The game you'll only play once"? I'd like it so much if you let your opponent go first...
MR Panos

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Who's the idiot posting about draining a pool?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodness! I didn't realize I was talking to someone who studies "rocks". That must take some REAL training. After all, they have brains and are complex, thinking objects.
That's funny, one could say the same about an MSW. Takes a real genius to pay for 6 years of college for the privilege of working a dead-end, underpaid, and overworked career.

Good for you.

Now tell us again how stupid we all are?

Oh, and you are a social worker, don't break any limbs patting yourself on the back, acting like you deal with the complexities of the brain. There is no Dr. in your name.
Thissial

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Tumble weeds are blowing down the street.
akpilot

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

DR350S
UrObsessedWithGa yMarriage

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like someone is going to say, "you know, you're right" and end it?
It's called being a grown up, you know being mature?? Maybe one of these days you'll figure that out.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read the study? Here is the abstract...
Did you? Nah, I am pretty sure you simply read the abstract and liked what you saw so you stopped there. Otherwise, you wouldn't have made this stupid comment:
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't assert it; the authors of the study did. I just happen to agree.
You see, because had you read the actual study cover to cover, which I just did since you brought it up.(Bet you didn't expect someone to do that?) You would have known that the very people who conducted the study presented in their conclusion OTHER valid reason's for the results they recorded- other than your beloved homophobes are closeted gay's.

Here ya go, since I guess you missed it the first time you pretended to read it.

"Another explanation of these data is found in Barlow, Sakheim, and Beck's (1983) theory of the role of anxiety and attention in sexual responding. It is possible that viewing homosexual stimuli causes negative emotions such as anxiety in homophobic men but not in nonhomophobic men. Because anxiety has been shown to enhance arousal and erection, this theory would predict increases in erection in homophobic men. Furthermore, it would indicate that a response to homosexual stimuli is a function of the threat condition rather than sexual arousal per se. Whereas difficulties of objectively evaluating psychoanalytic hypotheses are well-documented, these approaches would predict that sexual arousal is an intrinsic response to homosexual stimuli, whereas Barlow's (1986) theory would predict that sexual arousal to homosexual stimuli by homophobic individuals is a function of anxiety. These competing notions can and should be evaluated by future research. "
UrObsessedWithGa yMarriage

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, a 'professional' social worker is asserting that those who disagree with ss couples being called married is secretly a closet gay.
Meanwhile, while posting a study of college boys asserting their masculinity, you still avoid answering my questions about parenting studies.
Clearly a bigoted contradiction...
Smile.
Here are a list of people who post on this thread every single day atleast 3-15 times per day. These people claim not to be gay, yet they are OBSESSED with gay marriage. These people will be on this thread seven days a week, 30-31 days a month (28-29 in February) and 365 days a year (366 on leap years). You couldn't pay these people to stop commenting about gay marriage. These people are about one or two more times getting cut off in traffic from either hanging themselves, or being the lead story on the 5 o'clock news, and it's only this thread that keeps them going for the time being....atleast here they have something to live for. Without this thread the suicide rate in their respective cities/towns would be just a little bit higher. This thread is to them, as the White House is to the President.

Frankie Rizzo approx. 82,000 comments about gay marriage
KiMare 12,115 comments about gay marriage
Pietro Armando 3,538 comments about gay marriage

Frankie Rizzo himself has almost 50% of the almost 200,000 posts on this thread. You can often find him posting 10-15 times in a row. TALK ABOUT OBSESSED!!

KiMare is obviously a lesbian. This level of hate can only be bread from an inner hatred towards ones own self. She hates herself on a very dangerous level. The only way she can live w her true self is by bashing other gays as much as possible, and cutting herself on a daily basis. Don't be too hard on her.

Pietro Armando was just dropped on his head as a baby one too many times.

So don't be too hard on these people. After all they are the frontrunners to be America's next unabombers, movie theater terrorists, anthrax killers, etc. etc.

Smile, snicker, chuckle, laughter,(I think u get the jist of it)
SEYMOUR DUCK

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Quit Duckin around! Im callin DUCK ON IT ALL.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

UrObsessedWithGayMarriage wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are a list of people who post on this thread every single day atleast 3-15 times per day. These people claim not to be gay, yet they are OBSESSED with gay marriage. These people will be on this thread seven days a week, 30-31 days a month (28-29 in February) and 365 days a year (366 on leap years). You couldn't pay these people to stop commenting about gay marriage. These people are about one or two more times getting cut off in traffic from either hanging themselves, or being the lead story on the 5 o'clock news, and it's only this thread that keeps them going for the time being....atleast here they have something to live for. Without this thread the suicide rate in their respective cities/towns would be just a little bit higher. This thread is to them, as the White House is to the President.
Frankie Rizzo himself has almost 50% of the almost 200,000 posts on this thread. You can often find him posting 10-15 times in a row. TALK ABOUT OBSESSED!!
KiMare is obviously a lesbian. This level of hate can only be bread from an inner hatred towards ones own self. She hates herself on a very dangerous level. The only way she can live w her true self is by bashing other gays as much as possible, and cutting herself on a daily basis. Don't be too hard on her.
So don't be too hard on these people. After all they are the frontrunners to be America's next unabombers, movie theater terrorists, anthrax killers, etc. etc.
You expect that I should be gracious toward Kuntmary (Kimare)?

Ain't gonna happen...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
So who's the spun out psych case wing nut here? People who post a lot or the semi illiterate jackass who carefully counts their posts and reports the results?

Too funny! Counts posts and reports results! Does that matter a lot there in whacky land?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Relax Swizzlestick.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Calling opponents homophobes and bigots is ad hominem fallacy. Their arguments aren't as good as ours protecting one man and one woman marriage.

Calling segregation and disunity, marriage by devaluing gender integration and gender diversity. Why risk it?

Keep marriage as is, one man and one woman.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, a 'professional' social worker is asserting that those who disagree with ss couples being called married is secretly a closet gay.
Meanwhile, while posting a study of college boys asserting their masculinity, you still avoid answering my questions about parenting studies.
Clearly a bigoted contradiction...
Smile.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't assert it; the authors of the study did. I just happen to agree.
I've answered your parenting studies question. Shall I tell you again? Here it is. Don't forget it this time.
The best parents for children are ones who are responsible, supportive, loving, disciplined, resourceful, etc... Sometimes they're heterosexual, sometimes they're homosexual. Sometimes they're married, sometimes they're single, sometimes they're unmarried, sometimes they're divorced.
You cannot say with 100% certainty that all heterosexual couples make good parents. They just don't. And not all homosexual couples make good parents.
It is the SKILL of the parents, not the sexuality, that makes all the difference.
Silly queen, you diagnosed, on line, those who simply disagree with calling ss couples married, and you gave your opinion about parenting.

The first is idiotic and unprofessional, and the second is avoiding the fact that you only have fraudulent, unscientific studies supporting ss parents.

You not only support a lie, you do so at the expense of little children.

From the article YOU posted;

"A separate analysis in the same journal edition by Loren Marks, associate professor at Louisiana State University, more directly challenges previous same-sex parenting studies as inadequate, biased and unreliable. He lists seven concerns with the science, including the fact that "well-educated, relatively wealthy lesbian couples have been repeatedly compared to single-parent heterosexual families instead of two-parent marriage-based families." Single-parent families typically have poorer child outcomes across several measures, so it's easier to look better against them, he said.

W. Bradford Wilcox of the National Marriage Project at the University of Virginia said biological married families are the gold standard for better outcomes for children."

You are a disgrace VV too your profession, and an embarrassment to your cause.

Snicker smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You expect that I should be gracious toward Kuntmary (Kimare)?
Ain't gonna happen...
Do you understand that you just proved that the issues isn't closeted gays in denial, but heterophobia hatred toward anyone who disagrees with calling ss couples married.

Smile.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny, one could say the same about an MSW. Takes a real genius to pay for 6 years of college for the privilege of working a dead-end, underpaid, and overworked career.
Good for you.
Now tell us again how stupid we all are?
Oh, and you are a social worker, don't break any limbs patting yourself on the back, acting like you deal with the complexities of the brain. There is no Dr. in your name.
Baby, I'm an EXCELLENT social worker. Hardly went into it for the money or glamour. I'm particularly good at taking a person's train wreck of a life and putting them onto a much more successful course.

The reward I get from my job is the satisfaction that I have positively impacted lives for over a quarter of a century.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
hemet police not doing their job 5 hr Chris 27
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Thu seekers 4,900
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Pole swap 7,855
what keeps hemet from going bankrupt? (Sep '12) Thu Chris 27
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Thu rain or snow to slow 15,928
Rancho Cordova hires city manager Thu saays who 4
Review: VIP Autos (Dec '13) Jul 30 Guess who 2
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
Hemet Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hemet Jobs

•••