Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,377

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189253 Apr 18, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
he may not be the king - butyou sure are the queen.
the queen of disgruntlement.
By the way, I have no aversion to SSM. I fully support it as do most polygamists. Too bad you don't reciprocate. After all you want the same thing. Marriage equality. That is what you want isn't it?

Polygamists generally support SSM. SSM advocates generally do not support poly. That's the facts. You interpret them as you will. I interpret them to mean you are a hypocrite.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189254 Apr 18, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
he may not be the king - butyou sure are the queen.
the queen of disgruntlement.
You donít need to take him seriously, he has already admitted he has no personal interest in Poly at all, his only goal is to use Poly to try and attack anyone in favor of Same Sex marriage.

And if you notice, that is all he does

He is like Mr Cellophane, you can see right through him

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#189255 Apr 18, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm happy with my rudimentary understanding of the law. I know enough about it that I've been able to live without being incarcerated for nearly half a century.
If you find comfort in having a superior grasp of all things law, then I'm fine with that.
I know when to not get into a pissing contest with a skunk.
In other words, you are tired of having your a$$ handed to you and are trying to apply whit in an attempt to save face. Something else you aren't very good at.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#189256 Apr 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a poor little moron that doesnít even understand the arguments being presented in court.
I have read the briefs, you haven't. Nuff said!
magic johnsons son

Los Angeles, CA

#189257 Apr 18, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, I have no aversion to SSM. I fully support it as do most polygamists. Too bad you don't reciprocate. After all you want the same thing. Marriage equality. That is what you want isn't it?
Polygamists generally support SSM. SSM advocates generally do not support poly. That's the facts. You interpret them as you will. I interpret them to mean you are a hypocrite.
Mistah Frankie... you gonna be working booth 3 or 4 at Pink's Gloree~Hole tonite?? Dab some chanel #5 on your lips so i know which. Easy on the teeth this time, okay?
Yopper

Covina, CA

#189258 Apr 18, 2013
If there was a reason to care I would have told you when and where to do that.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189259 Apr 18, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read the briefs, you haven't. Nuff said!
I have heard and read the transcripts of the arguments, you obviously didnít comprehend what you read

Nuff said

The equal rights case was made, in both the appellate and supreme courts about equal rights with those same sex couples who are legally married, and those that are denied the right to marry.

You are in for one disappointing day here pretty soon
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#189260 Apr 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You donít need to take him seriously, he has already admitted he has no personal interest in Poly at all, his only goal is to use Poly to try and attack anyone in favor of Same Sex marriage.
And if you notice, that is all he does
He is like Mr Cellophane, you can see right through him
i guess i'll just go back to scrolling past his posts as they don't pertain to the topic at hand.
i tried to address him, acknowledge what he'd said, in the hopes he'd move on...but he's stuck on this one note like a broken record.
maybe if we all just ignored him, didn't respond to any of his posts?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189261 Apr 18, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
i guess i'll just go back to scrolling past his posts as they don't pertain to the topic at hand.
i tried to address him, acknowledge what he'd said, in the hopes he'd move on...but he's stuck on this one note like a broken record.
I try to keep reminding myself, I keep making the mistake that I am talking to a person with an actual opinion. But he is not honest enough to converse with

I disagree with others, but at least they are honest about what they are saying
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189262 Apr 18, 2013
magic johnsons son wrote:
<quoted text>
Mistah Frankie... you gonna be working booth 3 or 4 at Pink's Gloree~Hole tonite?? Dab some chanel #5 on your lips so i know which. Easy on the teeth this time, okay?
REPORTED!

Cyber bullying!
Homophobic ANTI-GAY slurs!
Foul off color language.
Extreme dopiness and stupidity!
COWARDLY trolling behavior!
Homophobia!
Hate crimes!
Bullying!
Homophobia!
Failed attempt at humor!
HOMOPHOBIA!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189263 Apr 18, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe. You are quite boring. And you are a bigot and hypocrite.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189264 Apr 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to keep reminding myself, I keep making the mistake that I am talking to a person with an actual opinion. But he is not honest enough to converse with
I disagree with others, but at least they are honest about what they are saying
Why would I lie? You lie very easily and casually. I do not.

I support marriage equality you and heart and mind do not. The end.
Ignore my posts if you can. But I don't think you will.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189265 Apr 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard and read the transcripts of the arguments, you obviously didnít comprehend what you read
Nuff said
The equal rights case was made, in both the appellate and supreme courts about equal rights with those same sex couples who are legally married, and those that are denied the right to marry.
You are in for one disappointing day here pretty soon
I don't think AK Pilot is as heavily invested in this as you are. I'm not either. I just want to discuss it. Perhaps this is the heart of your frustration with me and him. D

We are here to on this discussion forum to discuss the issue, you are here to preach to us. And act superior to anyone elses right to an opinion.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189266 Apr 18, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think AK Pilot is as heavily invested in this as you are. I'm not either. I just want to discuss it. Perhaps this is the heart of your frustration with me and him. D
We are here to on this discussion forum to discuss the issue, you are here to preach to us. And act superior to anyone elses right to an opinion.
He should be, it is what Prop 8 will be overturned on, which is the topic of this forum.

If you want to discuss unrelated topics go start a forum on those topics
born AG

Covina, CA

#189267 Apr 18, 2013
The embarrassment should be born by the City manager (Chris Jeffers), Police Chief (Robert castro), City attorney (D. wayne leech) and his boss, with out forgetting the Glendora, California city council member's Joseph Santoro, Judy Nelson, Gene Murabito, Karen Davis and Douglas Tessitor.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#189268 Apr 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
well perhaps I am not as hopeful int he near term as you are.
I donít expect all of DOMA to fall, only section 3
If all of DOMA goes down the tubes you will be exactly right regardless of the results of Prop 8, it would be the death knell of every state constitution banning same sex marriage, it would still take time.. but it would happen swiftly.
What I expect with DOMA is section 3 to be struck... taking away the federal definition, but leaving definitions and recognitions to individual states. Not the swift outcome, but progress.
On Prop 8, I honestly donít know which way it will go, there are 4 outcomes I can think of
1 Uphold the case against Prop 8 ( and Prop 8 goes down )
2 Decide those defending Prop 8 do not have standing ( and prop 8 goes down )
3 Donít rule ( like they did with Gore vs Bush ) and toss it back to the state, that has already ruled ( and prop 8 goes down )
4 Uphold Prop 8, not likely, however it will be quickly resolved in the next election cycle with another ballot measure that will easily pass.
1, 2 and 3 are equally likely in my opinion, I doubt we will see 4
But unless they overturn all of DOMA, and go for a broad ruling on Prop 8 I seriously doubt it will affect other states much in the short term.
In the long term.. oh yeah.. it is pushing the door that is already open wider and wider and either way it is only a matter of time before all states will recognize same sex marriage.
You are very right that nowÖ it is only a matter of time, like geology, time and pressure
it'll take chipping away i suspect. but like the miners, someday we'll strike gold or diamonds.
honestly, i never thought 20 yrs ago we'd have come this far.

i'm just thinking of all those state laws & how they compare to Prop 8.....maybe i'm being a bit hopeful, and feeling a bit energized by the past couple of years of change, but that one by one, the state's laws will be declared unconstitutional by a federal judge on some level.

if part 3 is struck down, then that would mean federal recognition insofar as taxation, etc. which would be a giant step forward for same sex marriage. the case that was heard - that of the widow who's sueing for the tax money she'd paid on the inheretance of property both she and her partner paid for (some are calling her the rosa parks of this movement) despite being legally married in NY.

my question then is this....and i hope i can state it clearly. why wouldn't sect 3 falling and fed recognition of same sex marriages (as in for IRS purposes) affect all 50 states? i would think that it would - if the fed recognizes those contracts then the fed would expect all states to honor all marriage contracts from other states, just like any other contract. i suppose the work around would be for someone in texas (like me) go to one of the states that do offer same sex marriage & get married there in order to get fed recognition of the marriage for tax purposes. i suppose i'll have to wait and watch - and perhaps consult our attorney again (and make him richer, again) & see what he advises us to do to save on taxes in the long run in this regards.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189270 Apr 18, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He should be, it is what Prop 8 will be overturned on, which is the topic of this forum.
If you want to discuss unrelated topics go start a forum on those topics
This is a perfectly good marriage equality forum. Stop trying to censor it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189272 Apr 18, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
it'll take chipping away i suspect. but like the miners, someday we'll strike gold or diamonds.
i'm just thinking of all those state laws & how they compare to Prop 8.....maybe i'm being a bit hopeful, and feeling a bit energized by the past couple of years of change, but that one by one, the state's laws will be declared unconstitutional by a federal judge on some level.
if part 3 is struck down, then that would mean federal recognition insofar as taxation, etc. which would be a giant step forward for same sex marriage. the case that was heard - that of the widow who's sueing for the tax money she'd paid on the inheretance of property both she and her partner paid for (some are calling her the rosa parks of this movement) despite being legally married in NY.
my question then is this....and i hope i can state it clearly. why wouldn't sect 3 falling and fed recognition of same sex marriages (as in for IRS purposes) affect all 50 states? i would think that it would - if the fed recognizes those contracts then the fed would expect all states to honor all marriage contracts from other states, just like any other contract. i suppose the work around would be for someone in texas (like me) go to one of the states that do offer same sex marriage & get married there in order to get fed recognition of the marriage for tax purposes. i suppose i'll have to wait and watch - and perhaps consult our attorney again (and make him richer, again) & see what he advises us to do to save on taxes in the long run in this regards.
First off.. yeah, how fast this has happened in this amount of time is an astounding success. And you should feel energized, the majority of voting Americans are now behind you, and the young as they come of voting age are already with you.

I donít think section 3 of DOMA can survive what we saw in the supreme court, even some of your opponents here have agree that section 3 is unconstitutional... that part is toast. And tht does indeed mean federal recognition, that is a huge step, sit back and take it in, you are already recognized in a growing number of states ( Delaware next I believe ) and after this judgment, federally..

That is huge, donít take any other minor skirmishes as big as that one. California will recognize them one way or the other in the next couple of years regardless of the supreme courts ruling on Prop 8, the DOMA win is HUGE.

And to answer your last question, because of section 2 of DOMA which I expect to stand.... for now.

"No State, territory, or possession of the United States, or Indian tribe, shall be required to give effect to any public act, record, or judicial proceeding of any other State, territory, possession, or tribe respecting a relationship between persons of the same sex that is treated as a marriage under the laws of such other State, territory, possession, or tribe, or a right or claim arising from such relationship."

But I am no lawyer, and I donít know all the circumstances, I am nothing but an interested bystander
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189273 Apr 18, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
Gag me with a spoon. Are you always so giddy?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#189274 Apr 18, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you are tired of having your a$$ handed to you and are trying to apply whit in an attempt to save face. Something else you aren't very good at.
You're an angry person, aren't you?

You want to pick a fight with me over what I consider to be a ridiculous issue and I'm just not going to get involved with you.

If your goal is to go around handing people their ass, you've come to the wrong guy.

I'm not interested in being a part of your schtick.

Go work through your issues on someone else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is San Jacinto Dangerous? (Jun '10) 12 hr the investigator 25
The under ground tunnel , Florida ave. downtown... (Oct '11) Sun Jen 79
Man assaults kids at McDonalds-east florida on ... (Jul '13) Sat tellinitlikeitis 130
Scammed by Richardson RV; DO NOT do business w... Feb 26 hemet sucks 2
Husband, Wife Die In Apparent Murder-Suicide (Jan '07) Feb 26 tellinitlikeitis 18
Can white people call themselves African American? (Sep '12) Feb 24 TELETUBBIES CALL Me 102
Menifee Authors Feb 22 286author 1

Winter Storm Warning for Riverside County was issued at March 02 at 3:08AM PST

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:50 am PST