Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
164,601 - 164,620 of 200,336 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

We don't want gender segregation marriage, take your sexism back home with you. Nobody cares about same sex cohabitation; the issue is recognition, not freedom.

Same sex marriage is vanity at the expense of human rights.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Polygamy was already illegal. Prop 8 could not possibly make it more illegal, you cant make something double-illegal. Prop 8 removed/ made an existing right illegal based upon the gender of same sex marriage couples. Two men or two women cant marry each other, because they are the same sex. DUH, read the damn lawsuit.
How about it prohibited any future possibility of it be legalized by the judicial decree, or legislatively.
Francis Albert Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
How about it prohibited any future possibility of it be legalized by the judicial decree, or legislatively.
"Just the facts" will twist like a pretzel trying to convince us that "ONE man ONE woman" doesn't discriminate against polygamy. Amusing.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly is SSSB?
You have a computer. Look it up for yourself.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you have walked the streets asking strangers if they think that gay people should have sex with other gay people, or with straight people?
How often do you do this?
And most people REALLY think that gay folks should only have sex with only straight folks?
Sounds absurd.
To clarify: "SSSB" is my little anachronism for SSM. I drive around the country, and ask people, both on the CB radio in my truck, and face to face if they agree with legalizing SSM, and have not yet had anyone say "Yes". Now I know that there are some that would think this to be odd behavior, but I am a rather singular guy, and can get past the difficulties that present themselves, when asking odd questions of strangers, and once past the "WTF" stage, and I explain why I am asking this, I get a rather puzzling phenomenon. People don't agree with legalizing SSM. No-one that I have talked to seems to agree with it. This, in spite of the repeated trumpeting from the crowd in here, doesn't match up with these "Polls" that supposedly represent the cross-section of American sentiment. Peculiar, eh?
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Do you enjoy a ittle oral sex with the wife, you know tuna pie, hairy taco??
You didn't take the bet. I asked if you had as much as $5. Too late now.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Wow Frank you are infatuated with anal sex.
Here again my question was directed at Mr Hudson, he is married. You are not, so please do return to your delusional postings
Frank is allowed to post. This is still America. And this is a forum, not private correspondence.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>I guess the question does not apply to you either. As you roll down the street in your chair. Any more dumbass remarks Frankie?
Frank did provide the correct response, however, in spite of the fact that you called it dumbass. Like yourself.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>No it did not. The laws in Cali already existed and have not been changed. You can't make something double illegal . Gays had the right to marry, Prop 8 was to deny them that right. Its all in the legal brief all you have to do is read it. Look if people want to have more that one spouse, file a damn law suit.
You mean, after this was changed, correct?
"In 1778, Thomas Jefferson wrote a law in Virginia which contained a punishment of castration for men who engage in sodomy, however, what was intended by Jefferson as a liberalization of the sodomy laws in Virginia at that time was rejected by the Virginia Legislature, which continued to prescribe death as the maximum penalty for the crime of sodomy in that state.
Prior to 1962, sodomy was a felony in every state, punished by a lengthy term of imprisonment and/or hard labor. In that year, the Model Penal Code (MPC) developed by the American Law Institute to promote uniformity among the states as they modernized their statutes struck a compromise that removed consensual sodomy from its criminal code while making it a crime to solicit for sodomy. In 1962 Illinois adopted the recommendations of the Model Penal Code and thus became the first state to remove criminal penalties for consensual sodomy from its criminal code, almost a decade before any other state. Over the years, many of the states that did not repeal their sodomy laws had enacted legislation reducing the penalty. At the time of the Lawrence decision in 2003, the penalty for violating a sodomy law varied very widely from jurisdiction to jurisdiction among those states retaining their sodomy laws. The harshest penalties were in Idaho, where a person convicted of sodomy could earn a life sentence. Michigan followed, with a maximum penalty of 15 years imprisonment while repeat offenders got life."
I thought you did.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Frank are you confused about the topic again. Here let me explain. At one time same sex marriage was legal. Prop 8 was created to remove an existing right. Now when has polygamy been legal in the state of California. Prop 8 has nothing to do with polygamy. It was written to prohibit same sex marriage. Prop 8 did not add to or change existing laws on polygamy.
Or do you think that prop 8 also limits your ability to marry a dog, cat, goat and or oak tree?
"Sigh". You mean: " Throughout time, SSM was illegal. Then it was legal, then it was illegal again, and now it is being deliberated again."
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a computer. Look it up for yourself.
Touche!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>No it did not. The laws in Cali already existed and have not been changed. You can't make something double illegal . Gays had the right to marry, Prop 8 was to deny them that right. Its all in the legal brief all you have to do is read it. Look if people want to have more that one spouse, file a damn law suit.
Does prop 8 allow polygamy Jizzy? Simple question, yes or no?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Frank is not an American, he is a petty troll.
I am a two tour Vietnam combat veteran punk. How dare you say I am not an American.

Your lies have been bad enough.

You can't win an argument with me so your resort to insulting a disabled veteran?

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Frank are you confused about the topic again. Here let me explain. At one time same sex marriage was legal. Prop 8 was created to remove an existing right. Now when has polygamy been legal in the state of California. Prop 8 has nothing to do with polygamy. It was written to prohibit same sex marriage. Prop 8 did not add to or change existing laws on polygamy.
Or do you think that prop 8 also limits your ability to marry a dog, cat, goat and or oak tree?
You ridicule the marry your dog, cat, oak tree schtick when used against same sex marriage but you think it's witty and spot on when used against polygamy.

You are dumb. And a hypocrite. And a punk for insulting veterans.

Hope that helps!
Fr Caloggio SJ

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Pope Benedict is rumored to have been de-selected from the Holy See for having discovered, and then demanded the pronouncement of the Essauis Letter from the Epistles of St. Gerome de Fournay. That document apparently traces the epistalic command as delivered for Augenon by Herodius and thence to Paulus Romanus that dis-claims all (ALL) formalization of marriage by the combinant religious and secular hierarchy(s). This would have, were it viewed and disseminated rather than interpreted, invalidated all marriages so performed, and would have left the institution of such "earthly" contracts to the invocation and ratification solely by those so entering into such contracts. No more, no less. No need.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Other laws in Cali. do. Simple huh.
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage
A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.
They do? I though you couldn't make something doubly illegal, jackass.

You did say that right dummy?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Bull shat, you stole the Vietnam vet story from Old Swift Boater. If your disabled its not due to combat, perhaps its from being a constant wanker.
Old Sniffsbutt is a fake hero. I'm sure he appreciates you outing him yet again.

All my medals are real punk.
Loud

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Chuck Conners
Rico Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
False Claims About Receipt of Military Decorations or Medals. Whoever falsely represents himself or herself, verbally or in writing, to have been awarded any decoration or medal authorized by Congress for the Armed Forces of the United States, any of the service medals or badges awarded to the members of such forces, the ribbon, button, or rosette of any such badge, decoration, or medal, or any colorable imitation of such item shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than six months, or both.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/704
Watch your step Frankie.
All my medals are real and hanging proudly on the wall in my office. Next to my Honorable Discharge.

Old SniffsButt Billy needs you to watch your step. His bronze star is FAKE. I'm sure he doesn't appreciate you reminding ereryone of his stolen valor.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
False Claims About Receipt of Military Decorations or Medals. Whoever falsely represents himself or herself, verbally or in writing, to have been awarded any decoration or medal authorized by Congress for the Armed Forces of the United States, any of the service medals or badges awarded to the members of such forces, the ribbon, button, or rosette of any such badge, decoration, or medal, or any colorable imitation of such item shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than six months, or both.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/704
Watch your step Frankie.
http://www.stolenvalor.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
the water is poison 30 min no its not 6
GOScH Auto Group Sucks (Dec '11) 31 min car there 33
black friday is a scam! (Nov '12) 32 min when 5
HEMET: Steakhouse owner arrested on sexual assa... (Dec '11) 33 min is duke open 8
ugly women with ugly tattoos!!!!! (Oct '12) 34 min inky dinky do 88
why is there not a tv news broadcast for rivers... 35 min lanewssss 5
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 5 hr roaster 7,846
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
Hemet Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hemet Jobs