Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,197

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#188534 Apr 14, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly is SSSB?
Same sex sexual behavior.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188536 Apr 14, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Prop 8 does not mention space aliens. It only mentions monogamy and opposite sex marriage, making them the only marriages allowed. In other words, no same sex, no poly. It's a simple concept really.
Regardless of how illegal marrying a space alien was before prop 8, Prop 8 made marrying a space alien that isnít a man or woman even MORE ILLEGAL than it was before

( Note: more illegal is a new legal term coined by the new Poly/Space Alien consortium, we have now more than doubled the size of the constituency )

:D

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#188538 Apr 14, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
And, BTW, those polls that tout the lie about Americans supporting SSSB are ALL LIES!!!
That's demonstrable. Just ask people on the street. You'll be hard pressed to get anyone to say "Yes".
So, you have walked the streets asking strangers if they think that gay people should have sex with other gay people, or with straight people?

How often do you do this?

And most people REALLY think that gay folks should only have sex with only straight folks?

Sounds absurd.
GlassDoor

Covina, CA

#188539 Apr 14, 2013
Once again the glass door swings open and shut again.

Glendora, California hired these fools Inter-Con to handle parking issues through out Glendora, the money hungry city council only managed to stir up a hornets nest of public resentment.

The only person's to blame for the huge loss of tax and coffer monies is the city council and Chris Jeffers and his hoodlum friends.

Find out here:

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Inter-Con-Se...
Francis Albert Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188540 Apr 14, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of how illegal marrying a space alien was before prop 8, Prop 8 made marrying a space alien that isnít a man or woman even MORE ILLEGAL than it was before
( Note: more illegal is a new legal term coined by the new Poly/Space Alien consortium, we have now more than doubled the size of the constituency )
:D
No. Prop 8 didn't mention space aliens marriage dummy.

It only mentioned ONE man and ONE woman marriage. Effectively banning BOTH polygamy and same sex marriage. You know it banned them EQUALLY.

Hope I simplified it enough for you, but it is a very simple concept. I'm very surprised your superoir brain cannot grasp it.
Francis Albert Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188541 Apr 14, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Do you enjoy a ittle oral sex with the wife, you know tuna pie, hairy taco??
Do you know the percentages of straight men who do their wives and girlfriends up the butt, Jizzy?

Your sidekick Old SniffsButt Billy keeps careful track of these numbers. As does the awesome and wonderful Rose_NoHo. Consult them. Be informed!
Francis Albert Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188542 Apr 14, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you have walked the streets asking strangers if they think that gay people should have sex with other gay people, or with straight people?
And most people REALLY think that gay folks should only have sex with only straight folks?
Sounds absurd.
He's a truck driver. So he doesn't walk the streets asking, he drives them. It's a simple concept really.

Hope that helps.
Francis Albert Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188547 Apr 14, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>I guess the question does not apply to you either. As you roll down the street in your chair. Any more dumbass remarks Frankie?
You have the market cornered on dumb ass remarks Jizzy! I'll defer to you.
Francis Albert Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188548 Apr 14, 2013
Cat Purrs wrote:
<quoted text> Like I said, you're are just being a pain in the azz.
But Jizzy and you are not?

Too funny! Relax Fruitloops.
Francis Albert Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188549 Apr 14, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Polygamy was already illegal. Prop 8 could not possibly make it more illegal, you cant make something double-illegal. Prop 8 removed/ made an existing right illegal based upon the gender of same sex marriage couples. Two men or two women cant marry each other, because they are the same sex. DUH, read the damn lawsuit.
If the other laws against poly were repealed but prop 8 was still in force would polygamy be allowed in California Jizzy?

Just what don't you understand about "ONE man ONE woman"?

It's a very simple concept really, prop 8 discriminates against polygamy the same as it does against SSM. You know, EQUALLY. As in marriage EQUALITY.

Please try to grasp this simple concept.

Hope that helps dummy.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#188550 Apr 14, 2013
We don't want gender segregation marriage, take your sexism back home with you. Nobody cares about same sex cohabitation; the issue is recognition, not freedom.

Same sex marriage is vanity at the expense of human rights.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#188551 Apr 14, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Polygamy was already illegal. Prop 8 could not possibly make it more illegal, you cant make something double-illegal. Prop 8 removed/ made an existing right illegal based upon the gender of same sex marriage couples. Two men or two women cant marry each other, because they are the same sex. DUH, read the damn lawsuit.
How about it prohibited any future possibility of it be legalized by the judicial decree, or legislatively.
Francis Albert Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188552 Apr 14, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
How about it prohibited any future possibility of it be legalized by the judicial decree, or legislatively.
"Just the facts" will twist like a pretzel trying to convince us that "ONE man ONE woman" doesn't discriminate against polygamy. Amusing.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#188553 Apr 14, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly is SSSB?
You have a computer. Look it up for yourself.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#188556 Apr 14, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds absurd.
To clarify: "SSSB" is my little anachronism for SSM. I drive around the country, and ask people, both on the CB radio in my truck, and face to face if they agree with legalizing SSM, and have not yet had anyone say "Yes". Now I know that there are some that would think this to be odd behavior, but I am a rather singular guy, and can get past the difficulties that present themselves, when asking odd questions of strangers, and once past the "WTF" stage, and I explain why I am asking this, I get a rather puzzling phenomenon. People don't agree with legalizing SSM. No-one that I have talked to seems to agree with it. This, in spite of the repeated trumpeting from the crowd in here, doesn't match up with these "Polls" that supposedly represent the cross-section of American sentiment. Peculiar, eh?
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#188557 Apr 14, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Do you enjoy a ittle oral sex with the wife, you know tuna pie, hairy taco??
You didn't take the bet. I asked if you had as much as $5. Too late now.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#188559 Apr 14, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Wow Frank you are infatuated with anal sex.
Here again my question was directed at Mr Hudson, he is married. You are not, so please do return to your delusional postings
Frank is allowed to post. This is still America. And this is a forum, not private correspondence.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#188560 Apr 14, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>I guess the question does not apply to you either. As you roll down the street in your chair. Any more dumbass remarks Frankie?
Frank did provide the correct response, however, in spite of the fact that you called it dumbass. Like yourself.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#188561 Apr 14, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>No it did not. The laws in Cali already existed and have not been changed. You can't make something double illegal . Gays had the right to marry, Prop 8 was to deny them that right. Its all in the legal brief all you have to do is read it. Look if people want to have more that one spouse, file a damn law suit.
You mean, after this was changed, correct?
"In 1778, Thomas Jefferson wrote a law in Virginia which contained a punishment of castration for men who engage in sodomy, however, what was intended by Jefferson as a liberalization of the sodomy laws in Virginia at that time was rejected by the Virginia Legislature, which continued to prescribe death as the maximum penalty for the crime of sodomy in that state.
Prior to 1962, sodomy was a felony in every state, punished by a lengthy term of imprisonment and/or hard labor. In that year, the Model Penal Code (MPC)ó developed by the American Law Institute to promote uniformity among the states as they modernized their statutes ó struck a compromise that removed consensual sodomy from its criminal code while making it a crime to solicit for sodomy. In 1962 Illinois adopted the recommendations of the Model Penal Code and thus became the first state to remove criminal penalties for consensual sodomy from its criminal code, almost a decade before any other state. Over the years, many of the states that did not repeal their sodomy laws had enacted legislation reducing the penalty. At the time of the Lawrence decision in 2003, the penalty for violating a sodomy law varied very widely from jurisdiction to jurisdiction among those states retaining their sodomy laws. The harshest penalties were in Idaho, where a person convicted of sodomy could earn a life sentence. Michigan followed, with a maximum penalty of 15 years imprisonment while repeat offenders got life."
I thought you did.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#188563 Apr 14, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Frank are you confused about the topic again. Here let me explain. At one time same sex marriage was legal. Prop 8 was created to remove an existing right. Now when has polygamy been legal in the state of California. Prop 8 has nothing to do with polygamy. It was written to prohibit same sex marriage. Prop 8 did not add to or change existing laws on polygamy.
Or do you think that prop 8 also limits your ability to marry a dog, cat, goat and or oak tree?
"Sigh". You mean: " Throughout time, SSM was illegal. Then it was legal, then it was illegal again, and now it is being deliberated again."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
young gay guys in hemet 1 hr Chris 2
Two arrested in armored truck robbery (Aug '07) 14 hr freshout 30
OMG!! White trailer trash, what cities are they... (Dec '12) 17 hr Shannon25 33
Mountain view apartments on whittier WTF (Jun '11) 22 hr Chris 52
Vote yes on Measure AA to help our MSJC student... Thu Melissa C 2
HemetHEMET: Food market's ex-owner convicted of... Thu Melissa C 12
U.S. Post Office SUCKS (Apr '11) Oct 28 onlymy3 88

Flash Flood Watch for Riverside County was issued at October 31 at 1:27PM PDT

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating