Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,937

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Payolla

Covina, CA

#188265 Apr 12, 2013
When those filthy Republicans changed the law, with "citizens United" ruling they opened up the gates of hell.

Did you know that the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has the authority to pull back the curtain on the secret corporate money that the Supreme Court's Citizens United ruling has unleashed into our elections?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#188266 Apr 12, 2013
I agree
Payolla

Covina, CA

#188267 Apr 12, 2013
Those Republicans are rocking on a three legged stool and it's not looking stable anymore.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188268 Apr 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful now
Remember their marriages are so tragically fragile, that other people being able to marry somehow damages their marriage.
They are right on the edge, you might push them off the cliff accidently
Fortunately my marriage is plenty strong enough that your being able to marry wonít affect mine at all.
Hard for me to even imagine the knife edge these peoples marriages ride on
Yes, you have already told us, so very many times. Your marriage is perfect. Your kids and grand kids are perfect and of course above all, you are perfect. And if we were all like you the world would be perfect. And it's hard for you to imagine not being perfect.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188269 Apr 12, 2013
FLRetiree wrote:
I agree
Me too.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188270 Apr 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are going to use that as your defense at your trial?
I would get another lawyer
I know this may end up with your dopey marry a goat nonsense but why can't I marry my sister? Why should I need a lawyer if I married my sister?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188271 Apr 12, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this may end up with your dopey marry a goat nonsense but why can't I marry my sister? Why should I need a lawyer if I married my sister?
Because she doesnít want you for one thing, we donít allow forced marriages in this country. If there is one thing we have determined in this forum is that you do not have the ability to learn.

so... go ahead, and we will let the judge explain it to you
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188272 Apr 12, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you have already told us, so very many times. Your marriage is perfect. Your kids and grand kids are perfect and of course above all, you are perfect. And if we were all like you the world would be perfect. And it's hard for you to imagine not being perfect.
so you degenerate to lying... not once can you ever find a post where I said my marriage was perfect, where my kids are perfect nor where I said I was perfect

As far as our marriages being stronger... that isnít a big deal, nearly everyoneís is.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188273 Apr 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
so you degenerate to lying... not once can you ever find a post where I said my marriage was perfect, where my kids are perfect nor where I said I was perfect
As far as our marriages being stronger... that isnít a big deal, nearly everyoneís is.
Uh-oh, here comes Big D's "Frankie is a liar" lie.

No lie. You're full of yourself. And full of it!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188274 Apr 12, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-oh, here comes Big D's "Frankie is a liar" lie.
No lie. You're full of yourself. And full of it!
Stop lying and I will stop pointing it out
That is totally up to you
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188275 Apr 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop lying and I will stop pointing it out
That is totally up to you
Oh boy here we go again!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#188276 Apr 12, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy here we go again!
Yeah.. you go find a post where I said I was perfect, my children are perfect etc

or you are lying.. that simple

As far as marriages stronger than those who fear SSM, I canít tell you why their marriages are so weak, they will have to tell you that
EVOO bottled

Covina, CA

#188278 Apr 12, 2013
Back with that olive oil business again

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#188279 Apr 12, 2013
Dorn wrote:
I am aware that men fear castration as much as women fear being raped. Castration is a fitting sentence for the crime of rape.
What about repeat offenders?
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#188280 Apr 12, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me about the Full Faith and Credit Clause.....
How can SCOTUS justify a couple being legally married in one State, but not in another?
and don't forget about that bothersome thing so many don't like to think about - the supremecy clause in the constitution.

yea, that usually puts some folks' panties in a wad, particularly when it comes to same sex marriage.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#188281 Apr 12, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's so cute of you, really, adorable, to accuse me of lack of ability to think, then to sidestep the issue that I presented you with, after spotting your errors, and then, then to act all dismissive, all the while, forgetting that your entire post was rubbish. How sweet of you, keep trying, maybe it's you who will end up at the grown-ups table... Because, after all, you needed the demonstration of thought, not me...
you mean that demonstration of thought that you failed at showing?

riiiight lil' buddy, right.

keep trying, though. someday you'll show some promise. we'll let you know when. i'm on your side, i do hope you do, show some signs of real thought.

hey, you started the insults.....all that does is devolve the discussion. it only serves your ego. so you make it look like your ego needs more support than does your mind - but we see it for what it is. so if you want to continue down the road of insults, then you're only worthy of ignoring as you don't really have anything of any relevance to add to the discussion.

good luck.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#188282 Apr 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A gay judge siding with a gay issue and back up by a Court that has more reversals than an old fork lift. In CA.
Didn't we have this conversation already???
Snicker.
joke's on you pal. the appeals court found that walker didn't need to recuse himself from the trial. the appeals court upheld his findings and rulings. now, your side isn't challenging whether or not he should've recused himself or not. guess you didn't get your memo out to them in time. well, that or they completely ignored your input.

and now we see the result is that SCOTUS is going to make a decision soon enough.

thanks for the belly laugh ki. you make me laugh every day.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188283 Apr 12, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Frankie, did you take way to many stupid pills today?
No. There's no such thing as stupid pills Jizzy, they are fibbing to you.

Those pills you take are antipsychotics, not stupid pills.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188284 Apr 12, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.. you go find a post where I said I was perfect, my children are perfect etc
or you are lying.. that simple
As far as marriages stronger than those who fear SSM, I canít tell you why their marriages are so weak, they will have to tell you that
Sure Big D. The liar straw man. I thought I had already shamed you out of that nonsense. Don't fall back on it.

You often crow how good your family and you are. No lie.
RNCgop

Covina, CA

#188285 Apr 12, 2013
John BoneHead od Ohio is an idiot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr scurall 5,066
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr pies 15,993
is there a hobby shop in town? (Aug '11) 1 hr hemet 7
Anyone hearing the damm alarm by hemet mall , b... 2 hr hmt cali 1
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 23 hr GOP bull 2,265
Editorial: Hemet ends long tradition, outsource... Sun the enforcer 2
HEMET: Confusion over write-in votes cleared up (Nov '12) Sun rebuildurcitynotmine 11
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
Hemet Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••