Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,210)

Showing posts 164,181 - 164,200 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 13

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose now you'll be even meaner, nastier, dumber and more crude.
Oh boy! lucky us.
yeeeep i'm evil
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>yeeeep i'm evil
Have fun. We'll tell you all about it in the morning.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

really wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says it never qualifies? YOU??? Your book??? For a man of God you sure pick and choose what you want to believe from that book, don't you? What do you think God thinks of your deceit, anger, hatred and bitterness posted here daily? How many minds do you think you have changed posting here? How many people have you drawn closer to God? I will tell you, NONE! What is your intent? What do you wish to accomplish? Marriage equality will happen, your whining about it is not going to stop anything.
Why don't you go pray about it...
I don't argue faith with faithless people. Hence the scientific disqualification of ss couples; At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

But since you brought up one of my vocations, Jesus offers marriage or abstinence;

Matthew 19:4-12 (NJB)
4 He answered,‘Have you not read that the Creator from the beginning made them male and female
5 and that he said: This is why a man leaves his father and mother and becomes attached to his wife, and the two become one flesh?
6 They are no longer two, therefore, but one flesh. So then, what God has united, human beings must not divide.'
7 They said to him,‘Then why did Moses command that a writ of dismissal should be given in cases of divorce?'
8 He said to them,‘It was because you were so hard-hearted, that Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but it was not like this from the beginning.
9 Now I say this to you: anyone who divorces his wife—I am not speaking of an illicit marriage—and marries another, is guilty of adultery.'
10 The disciples said to him,‘If that is how things are between husband and wife, it is advisable not to marry.'
11 But he replied,‘It is not everyone who can accept what I have said, but only those to whom it is granted.
12 There are eunuchs born so from their mother's womb, there are eunuchs made so by human agency and there are eunuchs who have made themselves so for the sake of the kingdom of Heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.'
Trench coats

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

C & C can bee seen here:

http://msnvideo.msn.com/...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
SCOTUS did no such thing.
Interracial marriages are as old as human history.
Sparkle wrote:
<quoted text>so are same sex marriages... google it dumbazz
First, I quickly proved VV wrong again.

Second, I have studied history, but maybe I missed something. On the other hand, you may have only read gay twirl sites.

Why don't YOU educated me?

Snicker smile.
really

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't argue faith with faithless people. Hence the scientific disqualification of ss couples; At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
But since you brought up one of my vocations, Jesus offers marriage or abstinence;
You know nothing of my faith...I am just taking you to task for yours. You can not demand all live by one part of the Bible when you so clearly disregard the most important message in it. That makes you a hypocrite!

Why are you not a eunuch? You by your own definition do not qualify for marriage. Shouldn't you have chosen the life of a eunuch? Or is that just another one of your many lies?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
It certainly wasn't legal in the ancient Hebrew culture. And it certainly wasn't legal from colonial days through 1967 in this territory.
Moses was married to a black woman. Pretty ancient Hebrew culture...

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Same-gender marriage is nothing new either. Couples have been trying to have their marriages legalized for over 40 years.
And I'm sure that when interracial marriage started here in the U.S. it was considered unthinkable to the vast majority of citizens--just like you think same-gender marriage is unthinkable.
Now we don't even give interracial marriages a second thought.
Marriage laws have evolved in this country. There is no denying that.
At one time it in the U.S. was legal for people to marry as young as 12 years old. And in some parts of the developing world, that's still possible.
You guys seem to think that marriage has been static and unchanging for thousands of years. But you know that isn't the case.
Whether it's been between one man and one woman, one man and multiple women, one woman and multiple men, a man and a man, a woman and a woman, one man (or woman) and deceased people (look up "ghost marriages"), arranged marriages--the fact of the matter is that marriage has looked very different over time and throughout the different cultures on this planet.
That we are evolving marriage to include same-gender couples is just another example of the changes in the definition of marriage.
40 years? You are wwwaaaayyy short VV!

ss couples have clearly covertly existed since human history began. However, for some reason, not a single culture ever accepted them from start to finish. No where did calling ss couples 'married' pop up, establish itself and spread.

The other examples you list? Been around and practiced in many places.

Quite an astounding difference.

Smirk.

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses was married to a black woman. Pretty ancient Hebrew culture...
Smile.
Apparently never heard of the Lemba. They're cohenim! lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn’t ultimately matter what SCOTUS does, if they do the right thing and prop 8 is overturned... it is over
If they do the wrong thing and Prop 8 is upheld, we easily pass a ballot measure overturning Prop 8 wiht the majority of voters in California supporting same sex marriage.. and it is over
It is going down the toilet one way or the other... only a matter of time now.
What it won't change is this;

They can't be married. It is impossible.
It is visibly obvious they are only ever a senselessly duplicated half of marriage. A desecration of sacred design. A barren imposter relationship that is always a devastating deprivation of family imposed on a child for the sake of an illusion. A violent imitation of sexual intimacy.
There is nothing, at any level that equates a ss couple to marriage.

If you call the tail on a dog a leg, what is it?

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who are fighting for same-gender marriage recognition have drawn the line at just that. To my knowledge, no major group in the LGBT community is promoting plural marriage. And I'm 100% certain that no one is promoting incest.
That is where we in the LGBT community are drawing the line.
Problem is, when you draw the definition that low, anyone can qualify.

You pretend that isn't important, but only one thing is important to you.

Smile.
Anonymous

Millbrook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

poledancer45 wrote:
me and my freind are drunk lol/... so hi people
Be carefull with that heavy lifting, you don't want to do anything you may regret in the morning. Oh wait... there's nothing you won't regret, you don't set the bar high enough to ever be dissappointed with what you do! Yug,yug,yug,yug,yug:)LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no desire to
You contradict yourself.

Your desire for 'legal' definition, by your own admission redefines it for everyone.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
really wrote:
<quoted text>
You know nothing of my faith...I am just taking you to task for yours. You can not demand all live by one part of the Bible when you so clearly disregard the most important message in it. That makes you a hypocrite!
Why are you not a eunuch? You by your own definition do not qualify for marriage. Shouldn't you have chosen the life of a eunuch? Or is that just another one of your many lies?
You don't know my faith.

I simply pointed out a clear scientific fact and a clear Biblical quote by Jesus Christ describing marriage and disqualifying ss couples.

You have nothing but gay troll attacks.

Smile.
momentarynow

Paradise, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
40 years? You are wwwaaaayyy short VV!
ss couples have clearly covertly existed since human history began. However, for some reason, not a single culture ever accepted them from start to finish. No where did calling ss couples 'married' pop up, establish itself and spread.
The other examples you list? Been around and practiced in many places.
Quite an astounding difference.
Smirk.
Grin

Thing's change and right now

We're all becoming

One

Grin

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently never heard of the Lemba. They're cohenim! lol
Says who?

What does that have to do with Moses being married to a black woman destroying another one of VV's lies?

Smile.
really

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know my faith.
I simply pointed out a clear scientific fact and a clear Biblical quote by Jesus Christ describing marriage and disqualifying ss couples.
You have nothing but gay troll attacks.
Smile.
What are your attacks called...biblical troll attacks? Do you ever answer the questions you are asked? Twirl twirl twirl!

Smirk

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>All the technological advances doesn't change the facts of life, and biology. Its quite simple actually.
What does biology have to do with it. I've seen male dogs hump other male dogs so don't say it's abnormal. It happens with many species

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

really wrote:
<quoted text>
What are your attacks called...biblical troll attacks? Do you ever answer the questions you are asked? Twirl twirl twirl!
Smirk
Quoting Jesus is a troll attack?

Silly stupid.

Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
What does biology have to do with it. I've seen male dogs hump other male dogs so don't say it's abnormal. It happens with many species
They eat and roll in shit too. Oh wait, you are saying gays do that too.

Smirk.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 164,181 - 164,200 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
LA FITNESS Membership Sales People (Feb '12) 5 hr MuffenTop 38
Edy's Placed Closed by Health Department 6 hr Hugo 2
Why is hemet racist ?!? 6 hr End of YOUR World 6
el toro markets busted! (Jul '13) 6 hr End of YOUR World 47
HEMET: Council OK's Tres Cerritos project (Mar '12) 7 hr End of YOUR World 5
Vagrants (Homeless) in Hemet 7 hr End of YOUR World 45
Single men in Hemet 8 hr Lisa 6
•••
•••