Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,207)

Showing posts 164,121 - 164,140 of200,320
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
so you are the hypocrite that you are calling others because they are not doing that.
It is nice that it isnít me calling you a hypocrite, but you calling yourself one.
There is something we can agree on :)
When did I "call out others who are not doing that"? Don't start lying again Mighty D.

I can discuss marriage equality without going out and gathering signatures etc. That's what this forum is for dummy!

I submit that your real problem is you have no argument against mine and it frustrates you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The shocker for them is just how much I and the rest of America donít care that their knickers are in a twist.
Sure.
Trench coats

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

I noticed that Loud mouthed D. Tedford didn't put his foot in his fat mouth with an editorial's about how great his running buddy Steve Herfert was and all the Racist comments he made during a public West Covina, California City Council meeting in 2013.

But has anyone has been taking notice of, George Ogden has kept his big fat racist mouth shut as of late, there are NO article or letters from the public being allowed in the SGVExaminer.com anymore.

Must be a lot of hate letters piling up on George Ogden's desk or shopping cart parked in front of his West Covina, Ca. driveway.

Event he SGVTribune.com n has had to shut down the letters being sent in concerning the Racists comments Steve Herfert made during a Februarys 05, 2013 west Covina city council meeting.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
It is because the human race has come to realise that homosexuality isn't a mental disorder or a disease (note that a lot of people still think it is)
Okaaaaaaay...so what? There's also bisexuality, pansexuality, etc.
and that as living social beings they're entitled to find a partner for life.
"Entitled"? No one need gov't sanction to "find a partner for life".
Marriage celebrates this accomplishment.
Marriage acknowledges the union of husband and wife, which the state recognizes and privelges.
All those things (slavery, religious persecution, etc.) are pertinent for comparison because they represent the same type of social progress. Sorting out authentic right from genuine wrong.
Social progress doesn't change the facts of life, and biology, nor the state's interest in marriage as a union of husband and wife. We don't put urinals in the women's locker room in the name of "social progress". Some things just don't proh gross.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It does put me in danger of a heart attack from laughing my behind off and the way people twist and turn trying to find any thread to hang onto to try and stop same sex marriage.
You have the trophy so far though, calling people a hypocrite for not actively supporting something you claim to support, although you donít actively support it either and act exactly the same as those you call a hypocrite
It is hilarious how you have to tie yourself in a pretzel trying to get someone... anyone to change their views, and you fail miserably
Personally I donít need anyone to change their views, I already have the majority of Americans on our side.
You're lying again.

Try and relax. This is a discussion forum. You are not discussing, you are dictating, accusing and lying.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. It is some o=polyamorists' fight. You don't get to dismiss it just like people against SSM don't get to dismiss your fight.
When I think of people who support SSM but not poly marriage, the first thing that comes to mind is "hypocrite". But perhaps you have a valid reason to deny marriage equality that I haven't heard yet?
so... you are saying that he is a hypocrite because he is not out fighting for poly marriage, he is not out getting signatures and putting signs on his lawn like you do.

Or... oh yeah... you donít either

so the first thing that comes to mind when you think about people that act like you do is... "hypocrite"

if you forget again I can post it again for you, I forgot that you donít like to ever look at previous posts and cannot even remember what you said a page or so ago.
Anonymous

Millbrook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Cat Purrs wrote:
<quoted text> Well if it isn't Spankie Frankie. What's the matter, did you get kicked out of the Cafe again?
Are you one of those lonely, creepy ladies that has like 50 cats. You know the ones that stink like ammonia cause they never clean the litter box and they just let the cats sh!t and p!ss all over the house? Yeah I think you are, here's some advice, replace all of your filthy cats with a dog! Or maybe clean yourself up and brush the rats nest out of your hair and go find a man! If one will have you!
Anonymous

Millbrook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I "call out others who are not doing that"? Don't start lying again Mighty D.
I can discuss marriage equality without going out and gathering signatures etc. That's what this forum is for dummy!
I submit that your real problem is you have no argument against mine and it frustrates you.
I hate that cut and paste crap! Their posts take forever to read and its just irritating! If these guys can't talk from the heart than its obvious they have no argument. They just dance around and waste their time surfing the internet for rhetoric to preach!

Since: Apr 13

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you one of those lonely, creepy ladies that has like 50 cats. You know the ones that stink like ammonia cause they never clean the litter box and they just let the cats sh!t and p!ss all over the house? Yeah I think you are, here's some advice, replace all of your filthy cats with a dog! Or maybe clean yourself up and brush the rats nest out of your hair and go find a man! If one will have you!
so says the nasty biatch that smells like the marlboro man and leaves a smoke and ash trail everywhere she goes... stfu loser
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
so... you are saying that he is a hypocrite because he is not out fighting for poly marriage, he is not out getting signatures and putting signs on his lawn like you do.
Or... oh yeah... you donít either
so the first thing that comes to mind when you think about people that act like you do is... "hypocrite"
if you forget again I can post it again for you, I forgot that you donít like to ever look at previous posts and cannot even remember what you said a page or so ago.
Try and relax Mighty D.

Yes, I'll repeat that for you. Supporting SSM while dismissing polygamy seems hypocritical to me. Tell us why it's not. Take a deep breath first!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>so says the nasty biatch that smells like the marlboro man and leaves a smoke and ash trail everywhere she goes... stfu loser
Aw, Big D is a real icehole and all, but he doesn't smoke.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>I hate that cut and paste crap! Their posts take forever to read and its just irritating! If these guys can't talk from the heart than its obvious they have no argument. They just dance around and waste their time surfing the internet for rhetoric to preach!
Yeah, Big D is a real cut and paste butthead. Many people have commented on that.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you one of those lonely, creepy ladies that has like 50 cats. You know the ones that stink like ammonia cause they never clean the litter box and they just let the cats sh!t and p!ss all over the house? Yeah I think you are, here's some advice, replace all of your filthy cats with a dog! Or maybe clean yourself up and brush the rats nest out of your hair and go find a man! If one will have you!
Not sure how many cats Big D has. Probably even more than 50!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Try and relax Mighty D.
Yes, I'll repeat that for you. Supporting SSM while dismissing polygamy seems hypocritical to me. Tell us why it's not. Take a deep breath first!
Yes just as you claim to be for SSM but are not out getting signatures and stumping for Poly as he said he was not doing.

So why are you just a hypocrite as you claim you are?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure how many cats Big D has. Probably even more than 50!
2 cats

Marriage is a compromise

I am a dog person my wife is a cat person

So we have no dogs and 2 cats

I donít actually own the cats, as anyone with a cat in the house knows, the cats just let me live there.

One of the cats we actually went out and got for my wife, the other was a stray, starving and dying found on the side of the road, wife worked it back to health and it has no intention of leaving.
fassas

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

youtube.com/watch... Ö
Wheres the Beef? The Judge is Gay

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes just as you claim to be for SSM but are not out getting signatures and stumping for Poly as he said he was not doing.
Simply because one expresses an opinion favoring SSM, does not mean one has to wave the rainbow flag, or collect signatures. Same for plural marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a hypocrite. I support marriage equality. For opposite sex, same sex and poly marriage. They all deserve EQUAL respect and consideration.

You perhaps are a hypocrite, it's hard to tell, polygamy seems to make you very hostile and angry but you sometimes grudgingly express support. So grudgingly it makes me suspect your sincerity.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. It is some o=polyamorists' fight. You don't get to dismiss it just like people against SSM don't get to dismiss your fight.
When I think of people who support SSM but not poly marriage, the first thing that comes to mind is "hypocrite". But perhaps you have a valid reason to deny marriage equality that I haven't heard yet?
Basically, Frank, I don't know enough about plural marriages. You know, I've been dealing with one-to-one marriage for so long that it just hasn't come up. I don't know how the dynamics work in a relationship where there is more than two people.

And it's not the kind of relationship that I could ever see myself being involved in.

I guess, in some ways we already have a type of plural relationships in our society by way of divorce. I try to think of it from the perspective of a kid who has a father and step-mother 4 days a week and a mother and a step-father 3 days away. That kid is living with two sets of parents who are intimately connected by that child's birth.

As I said before, it's not something that I'm going to run out and support. But I wouldn't likely great opposition to it.

It's not on my radar. I don't know of those kinds of families. And I could never see myself being in anything other than a monogamously coupled relationship.

That's how I'm built.
Laura

Lake Elsinore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

It is not discrimination to not allow everyone to be married. Not everyone needs or should be married. It is not about equal rights. I'm a woman and lived with a man for 20 years. I didn't have to be married to him and didn't want to be married to him. It doesn't mean we couldn't be together.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 164,121 - 164,140 of200,320
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hemet Discussions

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Black Hair salon in hemet 5 hr red 42
topix needs to remove ads 5 hr ads 5
Annoying Teachers! (Aug '11) 5 hr underpaid 72
Illegal immigrants in Menifee 5 hr thot 13
Support the 2nd Amendment? Vote for Chad Bianco... 5 hr what 2
Musty water? 5 hr water 3
The Waterfalls (May '09) 5 hr water 16
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 23 at 2:48AM PDT