Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,181

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Coral Wild

UK

#187715 Apr 8, 2013
THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING, text me on this number to discuss this matter with me - 07857410040

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#187717 Apr 8, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I say this with respect and appreciation, thanks. Often your posts, clarify my personal thoughts on this issue, puts it in a pespective that requires a tad more articulation. Thanks again.
A heartly heartfelt 'amen'!

Location hidden

#187718 Apr 8, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The Supreme Court "expanded" the definition of marriage in 1967 to include marriages between interracial couples.
SCOTUS did no such thing.

Interracial marriages are as old as human history.

Location hidden

#187719 Apr 8, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do those married couples that don't have children get the same benefits? Should they be taken away?
Hasn't been a problem.

If it is, it makes more sense to take them away, then to add a relationship that never qualifies, doesn't it.

Smile.
yea sure

AOL

#187720 Apr 8, 2013
did anybody notice that the mainstream press has not said a single WORD about this case ?

----they dont want us to know about it ----
The case of a same-sex Connecticut couple accused of repeatedly raping and abusing two of their nine adopted boys is headed for trial.

Married couple George Harasz and Douglas Wirth of Glastonbury were supposed to be sentenced Friday in Hartford Superior Court under a plea deal, but instead withdrew from their agreement with prosecutors. The men had already pleaded no contest in January to one felony count each of risk of injury to a minor — a reduction from even more serious charges related to sexual assault.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/gay-con...
Anonymous

Richmond, VA

#187721 Apr 8, 2013
lilith wrote:
<quoted text>LOl that's funny sh!t given you spelled it wrong... guess country fried is dumber than a hooker/stripper.... Guess thats why your village was picked ... eeeh!!!
LOL:) nicotine
sparkle

United States

#187722 Apr 8, 2013
Bottom line is no matter what bigots say lgbt people will achieve full equality under the law and religious beliefs will eventually vanish

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#187723 Apr 8, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>Thoughtful and insightful, as always. There you go, showing the consideration that your side is famous for. How awfully cute of you to try that. Should I go and whine to VV about how insulted I should feel? Nah. I'll just add that that to the list of outrages that your side is capable of. Like talking about semen cocktails on public radio, dildo parades on public streets, etc. It is a fitting mark of how much we had accomplished when America was great, until you poofs started to gain sway, then we all had to return to the gloomy past, respite with disease, filth and all sorts of low-brow phenomena. That was not very sophisticated, but it WAS off-topic.
But it was funny!!! ;)

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#187724 Apr 8, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Now marriage isn't about sex?

Anytime the issue starts exposing the fallacy of your position, all of a sudden, that's not what marriage is about.

It's not about children because ss couples are barren.
It's not about sex because gays only have a harmful imitation.
It's not about gender because ss couples are only ever a duplicated half.

Furthermore, I don't know a single heterosexual couple who got married so they could have the benefits the government provides.

Man up and get your own relationship, and quite your gay twirl whining!

Smile.
I was asking you a simple question you refuse to answer.
sparkle

United States

#187725 Apr 8, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL:) nicotine
not so smart is ya
Pietro Armando

Windsor, CT

#187726 Apr 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
To them, marriage is all about sex
It sure isn’t to me... she means a lot more to me than that.
The more I think about it their marriages are a lot more fragile if sex is all it is about for them.
sad
Its the reason marriage exists in the first place. There are two sexes, that have sex, and babies are conceived. Otherwise, why would it mattered who married who, or didn't marry who. Why bar blood relatives from marrying? Beeeeeeeeecuz they might have SEX, and a baby might result.

If SSSB is acceptable, SSM is legal, same sex first cousins can marry (in a state where both SSM and FCM is legal), why then should same sex siblings be prohibited from marrying?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#187727 Apr 8, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
For all the gay twirl, the fact remains that Judaism understood homosexual sex to be an abomination all through history.
Which happens to agree with medical science; Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Smile.
Isn't it funny how a "harmful, unhealthy, and demeaning" behavior has managed to remain for eons? You'd think that we'd be gone by now. But here we are. What's up with that?
really

AOL

#187728 Apr 8, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hasn't been a problem.
If it is, it makes more sense to take them away, then to add a relationship that never qualifies, doesn't it.
Smile.
Who says it never qualifies? YOU??? Your book??? For a man of God you sure pick and choose what you want to believe from that book, don't you? What do you think God thinks of your deceit, anger, hatred and bitterness posted here daily? How many minds do you think you have changed posting here? How many people have you drawn closer to God? I will tell you, NONE! What is your intent? What do you wish to accomplish? Marriage equality will happen, your whining about it is not going to stop anything.

Why don't you go pray about it...

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#187729 Apr 8, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It certainly wasn't legal in the ancient Hebrew culture. And it certainly wasn't legal from colonial days through 1967 in this territory.
Sparkle

Seattle, WA

#187730 Apr 8, 2013
yea sure wrote:
did anybody notice that the mainstream press has not said a single WORD about this case ?
The case of a same-sex Connecticut couple accused of repeatedly raping and abusing two of their nine adopted boys is headed for trial.
Married couple George Harasz and Douglas Wirth of Glastonbury were supposed to be sentenced Friday in Hartford Superior Court under a plea deal, but instead withdrew from their agreement with prosecutors. The men had already pleaded no contest in January to one felony count each of risk of injury to a minor — a reduction from even more serious charges related to sexual assault.
Maybe because there are thousands of hetero child molestation cases everyday... dumbazz jizzhead
Sparkle

Seattle, WA

#187731 Apr 8, 2013
yea sure wrote:
do you really want me to start cutting and pasting all the hetero guys who molest little girls.... Do you wanna play
Sparkle

Seattle, WA

#187732 Apr 8, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
so are same sex marriages... google it dumbazz
Sparkle

Seattle, WA

#187733 Apr 8, 2013
yea sure wrote:
oh look heres one now

"Wisconsin Stepmother Pleads Guilty In Starved, Tortured Stepdaughter Case"

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#187734 Apr 8, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
so, if marriage IS about sex....then everytime we see a married couple, we're supposed to visualize them having sex? is that it? is that what you do?
or, if marriage is about sex, then perhaps is a public declaration of one's sexuality - what one prefers.
Orrrrrrrrr...."there's an opposite couple, my mom and dad are/were an opposite sex couple, and they had sex and made me"
i don't know about you, but my relationship with my partner / spouse isn't all about sex. there's far more to our relationship than a physical act can express.
I don't know about u, but if my mom and dad hadn't had sex, I wouldn't be here.
if sex is all i wanted i wouldn't be in stable, long term and monogomous relationship.
If no one wanted sex, would marriage exist?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#187735 Apr 8, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
It certainly wasn't legal in the ancient Hebrew culture. And it certainly wasn't legal from colonial days through 1967 in this territory.
But it was in other parts of the U.S.

'A superior colored man ... and a Scotch woman': interracial marriages in New York City, 1850-1870.
When interviewed by a pension official in 1893, Ellen Davis stated that she was fifty-nine years old, employed as a washerwoman, and that she was born in Scotland. The widow spoke affectionately of her husband John Davis, a veteran of Company G of the 26th United States Colored Infantry who had passed away in 1887 at the age of seventy. The two had married at their home in Brooklyn in 1879 and settled down to raise Ellen's three children from her previous marriage. She recalled, "I had three children by my first husband [.H]is name was James Ronald [and] he was a Scotsman. I married him in Chanden, Scotland in 1859. We went to Australia within two weeks after we were married.... and lived on a sheep farm.... I lived there two years when his health began to fail and we moved back to Scotland." Her husband died soon thereafter and Ellen Davis moved to New York City in 1874 to stay with her cousin. Three years later, she met John Davis who worked as a sawyer in a mill. The Davis couple was well-liked in their neighborhood. According to a local official, "He was a superior colored man, a sawyer by trade, and was considered an honest and truthful man....[she] is a Scotch woman [who] speaks with a strong Scotch accent [and] appears to [be] honest and truthful." (1)
The marriage of John and Ellen Davis was one between a white woman and an African-American man, a Scottish immigrant and a native New Yorker, and two working class laborers. While one might assume that such relationships were rare in the nineteenth century, a close examination of United States Manuscript Census Records in New York City for 1850, 1860, and 1870 indicates that such interracial, cross-cultural marriages constituted five to seven percent of married couples living in predominantly black neighborhoods. The number of interracial marriages varied over the twenty year period under investigation but skyrocketed following the Civil War. Census records indicate that there were 29 interracial marriages in 1850, 19 in 1860, and 116 in 1870. The vast majority of such relationships occurred between black men and white women often between an African-American male born in the United States and a woman who had immigrated from Europe, most of whom were Irish, Scottish, or English.(2) While mixed-race couples in different regions and in different eras faced tremendous resistance, such couples were not uncommon in mid-nineteenth-century New York City. Interracial couples often married in black churches in New York, worked in the city, sent their children to local African schools, and successfully interacted with government institutions, including pension officials, local court representatives, and census takers.
This article examines why such interracial relationships were not unusual to New York City from 1850 to 1870.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Water main Break Shadow Mountain Way 7 hr hemetone 2
any Gay guys In San Jacinto 13 hr Wyd700 4
Officials: Missing Dog Was Dyed to Deceive Sun Parden Pard 3
John HunnemanHUNNEMAN: Trying to make Christmas... Sat mary 1
corruption with Riverside county CPS Sat gmaliscious 6
Hemet - The worst city to live in california Sat Joe Hemet 13
MenifeeRELIGION NOTES: Church to celebrate cent... Dec 19 Gerald Vonberger 1

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match