Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,191

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#187595 Apr 8, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a solution to that... Right before one of you dies, sign over all interest to the survivor. That way, you won't have to pay inheritance tax.
sure...i can see it now - "stop the car! i'm about to die! let me sign over the property sweetie! love you!"

yea, that'll work like a charm, pal.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#187596 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Funny thing, this particular string was originally started because someone was calling KiMare "KMart"" LOL
Your description sounds a lot like mine...'cept my hair was auburn in its heyday...And I'm rather partial to long sleeve button downs, myself...Sporting some ink, too. Most notably, the large pentagram across both shoulder-blades...
:-D
I do believe I was the one that started calling him K Mart. Loads of my friends have ink. I've considered it myself - a tribute to my stepson would be all I'd go for. He was quite talented and did a number of drawings suitable for tattoos. Just haven't figured out which one or where I'd put it.

BTW, I saved the best celebrity look alike for last. Since I've greyed out I've been told I look like someone quite famous. The best occurence was when I entered a restaurant I frequent. There's a musician who plays there Friday nights and he was in the middle of a tune, I think it was To All The Girls I've Loved Before. Missus Sheesh and I were talking to the hostess and I noticed that a lot of people were staring at me, smiling. Subsequently I went to a Halloween party at a local dive. I was surprised at how many people didn't know who Willie Nelson was. Pretty much all I had to do was get my wife to put two braids in my hair too. Thankfully my skin doesn't look like I was riding around in a limo standing up in the moon roof during a hail storm.

Location hidden

#187597 Apr 8, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Its your body? Its not your heart that your stopping! You make the decision of having sex without protection you should take the responsibility the right way. The only time I think abortion should be necessary is in cases of rape or incest. You, no, you just bang people care free without even having the decency of making sure its wrapped because there are plan b alternatives. " Oh no don't worry you don't have to wear a condom, ill just get an abortion if I'm pregnant" right? Is that where your mind is set!?
Does this apply to rape victims?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#187598 Apr 8, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Its your choice to ignore reality Frank. The simple fact is this, we are all w hores. BTW you spend a vast majority of your day being off topic. You have never posted to the validity of the Judges actions.
Too funny! You're such a dopey jackass. I love your sillyass! If you weren't paying your wife for sex would you gay marry me Jizzy?

Please post more dopey stuff.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#187599 Apr 8, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe I was the one that started calling him K Mart. Loads of my friends have ink. I've considered it myself - a tribute to my stepson would be all I'd go for. He was quite talented and did a number of drawings suitable for tattoos. Just haven't figured out which one or where I'd put it.
BTW, I saved the best celebrity look alike for last. Since I've greyed out I've been told I look like someone quite famous. The best occurence was when I entered a restaurant I frequent. There's a musician who plays there Friday nights and he was in the middle of a tune, I think it was To All The Girls I've Loved Before. Missus Sheesh and I were talking to the hostess and I noticed that a lot of people were staring at me, smiling. Subsequently I went to a Halloween party at a local dive. I was surprised at how many people didn't know who Willie Nelson was. Pretty much all I had to do was get my wife to put two braids in my hair too. Thankfully my skin doesn't look like I was riding around in a limo standing up in the moon roof during a hail storm.
I look like Brad Pitt. Except fat and old and way uglier.

Location hidden

#187600 Apr 8, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>A will supersedes marriage; don't rewrite marriage laws because your partner doesn't want to include you in his will. If he didn't write you to make medical decisions in a living will, maybe he doesn't trust your judgement.
Marriage would resort in more challenged wills and disputed living wills; that's how same sex marriage harms gays.
You really don't know how the legal system works in this country do you? Wills get contested all the time. Living wills are open to contest as well. Courts operate on their own time frame and death operates on its own schedule regardless of court decisions.

How will marriage resort to more challenged wills and disputed living wills? You make this type of claim frequently and don't give a bit of supporting evidence. Soooo, if you can, provide proof for your claim.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#187603 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>Not at all. And, in case you haven't noticed, you keep putting your balls in the gutter. Double entendre intended.
My balls are nowhere near your wife's mouth.

Since: Apr 13

Bellevue, WA

#187606 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>
It does matter, but it is not yours, to claim. That is why they fail to grant recognition. Rightly so. You're not a legally recognized couple by the government. That is also rightly so.
sorry bigot but your losing state by state.. next

oh and doma soon to fall

Bellevue, WA

#187609 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>
It does matter, but it is not yours, to claim. That is why they fail to grant recognition. Rightly so. You're not a legally recognized couple by the government. That is also rightly so.
your just pissed cause you have no one... sad.. try smoking less
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#187610 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>
it is mine, just as your wife has a right to ownership of the property you both worked to pay for and maintain.

and as for the legal recognition....that's changing buddy. and that is rightly so.

Bellevue, WA

#187611 Apr 8, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
My balls are nowhere near your wife's mouth.
sweetie he ain't got no wife... or girlfriend for that matter
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#187612 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>
...Have them previously drawn up, and postdate them. Notarized and the whole 9 yards. Damn, do I have to do all your thinking for you?
well, damn, first you have to prove to me that you CAN think.

sorry pal. your scenario fails as it also ignore the other 1300+ priviliges extended to legally married couples. inheretence is but one example of the issues.

Bellevue, WA

#187613 Apr 8, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>you're not going to catch very many gays where I live:)
hey i just saw a smart unretarded person in your village... oh... sorry... they were just stopping for fuel and a soda

Location hidden

#187614 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>

4) Most of your side has dumped shit on God. Funny how you, again, run with the hare and hunt with the hounds, use religion against us, and nullify its use against yourselves. Double standard.
I think that most of "his" side have been dumped on by religious folk. Consistently and frequently. Is it any wonder that they'd feel an aversion to religion? BUT, many gays are devoted Christians. So you really need to avoid confusing the two.

Personally, I've no use for organised religion. I was raised Methodist. I've got a brother that is now Baptist and another that is Pentecostal.

I attended my niece's Baptist wedding. Somehow it went from marriage ceremony to member recruitment for the church and a pitch for money. His church actively recruits high earners.

We even had a Baptist church refuse to give aid to a family that had their house burn to the ground. They lived in the community but weren't members.

I've also seen racism run rampant in my old Methodist church. A disturbing amount.

The Pentecostal church has some pretty weird notions too.

I'm happy to attend to my religious needs by walking in the woods.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#187616 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Those rules were in place, in this country, we don't shove anything down anyone's throats, Mr. Misdirection. If you don't like it here, why don't you go and create a new Utopia, instead of muddying up ours? Remember, I suggested that you call it "Libertine-istan"? You can be the first president... President "Shylock" Super Big D.
Yes they "were in place" Along with the rules that made people slaves and denied women the vote etc etc

just because something was true before doesnít make it a good thing

Go back far enough and you would be tied to a stake and burned for being a protestant

Just because something used to be true, doesnít make it a good thing or somehow "right"

Location hidden

#187617 Apr 8, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Did I ever say that I was a saint? No, I don't live my life directly by the bible, I just know for a fact that it says in there a man shall not lie with another man, so that is why I throw it out there!
That, my dear, is up for debate. What the original Hebrew texts refer to is the wife's bed. In the Jewish faith that bed is sacred.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#187620 Apr 8, 2013
poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>sorry bigot but your losing state by state.. next
oh and doma soon to fall
LOL I love it when they mention "there are 38 states that..... "

Used to be 50, now 38, and dropping fast.

Justice is going to triumph, and same sex marriage will eventually be recognized in all 50, it is just a matter of time.

I donít think DOMA can survive what just happened, we will know in June probably, but I would be shocked if section 3 didnít fall, and it would not surprise me if the entire thing was overturned.

It will eventually anyway
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Pennington, NJ

#187621 Apr 8, 2013
Funny how some people can get so upset about an issue that is not likely to affect their personal lives in any way like same sex marriage! What a bunch of nosy busybodies! Could someone please explain how same sex marriage will disrupt their personal life? I think it's that old American fear that someone, somewhere, sometime may be having a good time and we can't have that!

Location hidden

#187624 Apr 8, 2013
HEY! Brian_G! DO ME A FAVOR!
Read the following post and tell me how a will fixes it. Then explain to me just exactly how same sex marriage will make this problem worse for homosexuals. I'll just sit back and wait for your wisdom.
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
congratulations on mutual home ownership.
my partner of 23+ yrs and i own 2 homes, a few vehicles, a boat and a trailer for vacations.....yet, when one of us dies, the other will have to pay inheretance taxes, despite both of us being on the titles, deeds and mortgages as well as the insurance policies for them all. we've both worked full time our whole time together in order to pay for all those things.
unlike you and your legal husband - when one of passes away, the other will not have to pay those inheretance taxes.
so how does that make sense? if we've both paid for the asset, then why should we have to pay inheretance tax when the other passes?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#187626 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>
...Have them previously drawn up, and postdate them. Notarized and the whole 9 yards. Damn, do I have to do all your thinking for you?
Suggesting that someone commit fraud hardly grants you the moral high ground.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HemetHEMET: Food market's ex-owner convicted of... 3 hr lupita garcia 11
2 females found dead on Girard St in Hemet (Nov '13) 9 hr Chris 59
Boy, Man Found Dead Inside Hemet Home 9 hr Chris 3
more section 8 housing coming soon 12 hr Chris 16
ugly women with ugly tattoos!!!!! (Oct '12) Thu Stupid asses 99
el toro markets busted! (Jul '13) Thu SMAR 44
less blks in hmt since ebola Wed Kuntakinta 3

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match