Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#187616 Apr 8, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Those rules were in place, in this country, we don't shove anything down anyone's throats, Mr. Misdirection. If you don't like it here, why don't you go and create a new Utopia, instead of muddying up ours? Remember, I suggested that you call it "Libertine-istan"? You can be the first president... President "Shylock" Super Big D.
Yes they "were in place" Along with the rules that made people slaves and denied women the vote etc etc

just because something was true before doesnít make it a good thing

Go back far enough and you would be tied to a stake and burned for being a protestant

Just because something used to be true, doesnít make it a good thing or somehow "right"

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#187617 Apr 8, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Did I ever say that I was a saint? No, I don't live my life directly by the bible, I just know for a fact that it says in there a man shall not lie with another man, so that is why I throw it out there!
That, my dear, is up for debate. What the original Hebrew texts refer to is the wife's bed. In the Jewish faith that bed is sacred.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#187620 Apr 8, 2013
poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>sorry bigot but your losing state by state.. next
oh and doma soon to fall
LOL I love it when they mention "there are 38 states that..... "

Used to be 50, now 38, and dropping fast.

Justice is going to triumph, and same sex marriage will eventually be recognized in all 50, it is just a matter of time.

I donít think DOMA can survive what just happened, we will know in June probably, but I would be shocked if section 3 didnít fall, and it would not surprise me if the entire thing was overturned.

It will eventually anyway
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Pennington, NJ

#187621 Apr 8, 2013
Funny how some people can get so upset about an issue that is not likely to affect their personal lives in any way like same sex marriage! What a bunch of nosy busybodies! Could someone please explain how same sex marriage will disrupt their personal life? I think it's that old American fear that someone, somewhere, sometime may be having a good time and we can't have that!

Location hidden

#187624 Apr 8, 2013
HEY! Brian_G! DO ME A FAVOR!
Read the following post and tell me how a will fixes it. Then explain to me just exactly how same sex marriage will make this problem worse for homosexuals. I'll just sit back and wait for your wisdom.
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
congratulations on mutual home ownership.
my partner of 23+ yrs and i own 2 homes, a few vehicles, a boat and a trailer for vacations.....yet, when one of us dies, the other will have to pay inheretance taxes, despite both of us being on the titles, deeds and mortgages as well as the insurance policies for them all. we've both worked full time our whole time together in order to pay for all those things.
unlike you and your legal husband - when one of passes away, the other will not have to pay those inheretance taxes.
so how does that make sense? if we've both paid for the asset, then why should we have to pay inheretance tax when the other passes?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#187626 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>
...Have them previously drawn up, and postdate them. Notarized and the whole 9 yards. Damn, do I have to do all your thinking for you?
Suggesting that someone commit fraud hardly grants you the moral high ground.
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Pennington, NJ

#187627 Apr 8, 2013
But I can put one of those rubber thingys on my 'old fella' for I am a Protestant!

Location hidden

#187628 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Here's a solution to that... Right before one of you dies, sign over all interest to the survivor. That way, you won't have to pay inheritance tax.
Oh that works out just great!

"HONEY! I'm having a fatal (insert acute cause of death here), get out the property deeds and the auto/boat/motorcycle titles and go to our attorney's office, then the county courthouse and take care of all the legal matters. I don't wanna leave you twisting in the wind!"

Since: Apr 13

Bellevue, WA

#187629 Apr 8, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>you're not going to catch very many gays where I live:)
hey country fried... which scent you sporting for your man today... marlboro or camel... or maybe just a little smear of old motor oil on the neck and wrists
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#187630 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>
We can start out with a super-simple example of thoughts: I think that you have mis-spelled "inheritance". How's that? Add another: I think that you have omitted to capitalize the first letters of your sentences. Good so far? Need some more examples of thought?
LOL.

you do make me chuckle, chuckles.

your thoughts still remain a muddled mess.

good luck though.

Location hidden

#187631 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah, I just thought it was funny, how it digressed into a WalMart/KMart comparison.
:-D
LOL Willie is the shit. One of those who, in the 70's, smoked pot on the White House roof, think it was during the Carter years...
:-D
And, if your skin lacks that .....Hmmm......"weathered " look, you've been cruelly neglecting your bikes.
:(
....They miss you, man .....
More off topic stuff...

I wear a jacket, gloves, and full face skull bucket when I ride. Two summers ago I rode from the east coast to Boise Idaho by way of Sturgis (two weeks before bike week). I was with three other bikes/4 riders. We all had different ideas about appropriate gear. The temps were above 90 and for a while in excess of 100. Apart from crossing the Rockies where we went for a while in the mid 30s (no one bothered to stop and put on more gear, we'd been heat blasted for about a week). Out of all of us I was the most comfortable and didn't have a nasty sun burn when we got back home. Mesh jacket and lots of water, inside and outside too. Ya gotta hose yourself down at every gas stop when riding in those temps. It was that heat wave that hit the entire country in July of 2011. We only saw rain one time in 13 days and over 6000 miles of riding. And we wanted that rain to hit us. Unfortunately the storm was to the north of us so we only got to watch it falling in the distance off our left side coming home. That was the first time I actually wanted a downpour to occur when I was travelling.

Did a trip to Madawaska Maine last year and plan a four corners tour this year (the four corners of the lower 48 states that is).
Big D

Modesto, CA

#187632 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Tied to a stake, Yes. For being a Protestant, No. By those same Christians that you knock, so regularly, but I still note your hatred of them, with much less justification than I have. But I do not crusade against them, as you do.
History lesson

Learn why Bloody Mary became the nickname of Queen Mary child of Henry the 8th

She used to burn people that were not Catholic

You are wrong, I defend your ability to believe, I only attack when you try and shove your beliefs down the throats of those that are not of your belief.

Location hidden

#187633 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>
...Have them previously drawn up, and postdate them. Notarized and the whole 9 yards. Damn, do I have to do all your thinking for you?
Postdated for when?
"I think my aorta will burst on January 25th 2017."
BTW, a Notary is supposed to use the correct date for a document. Most of them won't fudge things. And it'd be a real hoot if that document dated January 24th 2017 was notarised by a person that died in 2015.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#187634 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Those who want homosexual relationships to be redefined as marriages say that many aspects of their relationships are like marriageóhaving sexual play, living together, loving one another, etc.óand therefore they should be allowed to call their relationships marriages and should be recognized in the law as marriage partners. But this cannot be a proper legal matter until the empirical case has been made that a homosexual partnership and a marriage are indistinguishable. Otherwise, the appeal amounts to nothing more than a request that homosexual partners be allowed to call themselves what they want to call themselves regardless of the differences that exist in reality.
I have not heard them say anything that way.

What I have heard them say is they want the same recognition and legal status for their lifetime relationships as others have, as they have the same level of commitment.

There is nothing on the license about particular kinds of sex that you are so obsessed with

I have never once heard a valid reason why they should not be recognized the same, there are 18,000 legally married same sex couples in California right now, certainly has not harmed my marriage.

In what way did it harm yours?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#187635 Apr 8, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Suggesting that someone commit fraud hardly grants you the moral high ground.
Thank you for stopping by just to share that thought.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#187637 Apr 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
History lesson
Learn why Bloody Mary became the nickname of Queen Mary child of Henry the 8th
She used to burn people that were not Catholic
You are wrong, I defend your ability to believe, I only attack when you try and shove your beliefs down the throats of those that are not of your belief.
Too dramatic. Comes across very silly. Shoving of stuff down throats, bloody Queen Mary, burning people and such. Tone it down. D minus.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#187644 Apr 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Too dramatic. Comes across very silly. Shoving of stuff down throats, bloody Queen Mary, burning people and such. Tone it down. D minus.
Someone else didnít know, again you donít have the context of what you are talking about.

You are like a little child in the back seat that keeps asking questions when you only comprehend about every 5th word said
Big D

Modesto, CA

#187645 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm well aware of Bloody Mary, little bit in the family history about her.
Doesn't give me cause to drag the Christians into every tirade, though...
I am not the one draging them in, they are all over this forum and it was thier out of state money that funded the campaign for prop 8

If they dont bring up thier faith.. I wont either
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#187647 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Calling SSSB a "marriage" is a fraud, but that hasn't stopped you, has it?
Have it YOUR way.

Suggesting someone commit a FELONY hardly gives you the moral high ground. I'll even go one step further, punkie Brewster. It's also a safe bet to assume you would cheat on your taxes.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#187648 Apr 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone else didnít know, again you donít have the context of what you are talking about.
You are like a little child in the back seat that keeps asking questions when you only comprehend about every 5th word said
Thank you for taking the time to share those thoughts.

However they are irrelevant, incorrect and unecessary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Winchester, CA (Sep '10) 11 hr Eric 12
San JacintoUnlock parks, San Jacinto residents say 19 hr mary 2
corruption with Riverside county CPS Fri SAD BUT TRUE 11
How come all Hemet sex offenders addresses aren... (Dec '08) Dec 25 lARRY mILLER9626 12
Review: R G Deck Coatings Inc Dec 25 Annonymous 1
One of Two Suspects Arrested in Jack-in-the-Box... Dec 23 Amazed 12
Water main Break Shadow Mountain Way Dec 22 hemetone 2

Winter Storm Watch for Riverside County was issued at December 29 at 4:55AM PST

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hemet News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hemet