Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
163,821 - 163,840 of 200,552 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Anonymous

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>Must feel priveledged to have grown up in a nonabussive home you stupid twit
A NONUBUSSIVE HOME?! Are you kidding me? I WAS ABUSED! From the age of 9 until I was 13 until I was able to beat the shit out of my step dad. That m0ther sucker broke my nose 3 times, broke my arm, almost ripped my ear off throwing me through a solid hard wood door, oh yeah but let me tell you it toughened me up. From looking at me you wouldn't know I can throw down like a man because I'm only 5'7'' and 130 lbs, but let me tell you I have yet to find someone who can beat my a$$! I brutely beat the hell out of guys and girls who were twice my size, and that earns you respect!
Anonymous

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what you're saying is that you sometimes do manly things and that you engage in premarital sex? I'm pretty sure those things are denounced in the scripture that you like to hurl at gays.
Did I ever say that I was a saint? No, I don't live my life directly by the bible, I just know for a fact that it says in there a man shall not lie with another man, so that is why I throw it out there!
Anonymous

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>You may not like what she does, that's your problem. She might sell her self, or should I say rent her body out for the pleasure of men, that however does not define who she is. Lets face it, you are married, your husband pays for sex with you.
How the hell do ya figure?
LetLyingBegin

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

California:

The goal should be to prevent CEQA from being abused by local governments, agricultural land owners, business rivals and labor unions to block or delay projects they don't like for reasons that may have nothing to do with concerns about the effects on air, water, wildlife and residents' quality of life.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he means ready to stand by once the other idiot decides which platform he is standing on about marriage so we can knock him down.
Perhaps you'd do better to try and convince him same sex marriage is a good thing, rather than to "knock him down".
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
We know for a fact that ability or intent to procreate is not a requirement for a marriage license
We know for a fact that the ability or intent to have sex of any specific kind or any at all for that matter is not a requirement for a marriage license
We know for a fact that religion is not any kind of requirement for a marriage license.
I am standing by to educate.
I also happen to know I am dealing with people that believe in the “golden rule” that you treat others the way you want to be treated. So I will happily oblige them and treat them exactly how they treat others.
We know for a fact that no one has said procreation is a requirement for a marriage license.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
We know for a fact that no one has said procreation is a requirement for a marriage license.
Brain_G says it all the time!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>You may not like what she does, that's your problem. She might sell her self, or should I say rent her body out for the pleasure of men, that however does not define who she is. Lets face it, you are married, your husband pays for sex with you.
Wow! That's the way your marriage works Jizzy, but not most others.

P.S. How much does your old lady charge you?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Dot feel picked on, I feel the same about Islam, no better or worse. Or scientology, or Volcano worship
I treat all of them equally
I don't care. It's irrelevant who you hate. We know you do.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>Brain_G says it all the time!
I don't think so. He says marriage is closely related to procreation he doesn't say it's a requirement. That's Big D's straw man.

Big D attempts a straw man so he can argue against religion instead of the other poster's position on marriage equality.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Frank, when you where married, what would you have done if your wife withheld sex for a year? You may not like it Frank, but the simple fact is this, we are all prostitutes. We all sell our services for money. Some jobs are legal some are not. The simple fact is we are all prostitutes, we have a service that we charge for. Legality of prostitution is all about location, location, location. In parts of Nevada, its legal. In parts of Europe, its legal.
When I was married my wife liked sex with me as much as I liked it with her. As it should be. Sorry for you it's not.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you like all others that don't understand gay or bisexual people think that it's all about sex.
I never said that, post it if I did. The Bisexual should be given the right to "love" one of each. Maybe the bisexual was born that way.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because we want to have the same rights and benefits as a traditional m/f marriage. Why can't we have that how does it hurt anyone?
same benefits? or the trophy? The trophy is for a man and a woman. Sorry.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>You may not like it Frank, but the simple fact is this, we are all prostitutes. We all sell our services for money.
Thank you for taking the time to share your sick dismal view of the world. I do not share it. It is also very off topic and irrelevant.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Off topic (Like Big D and Jizzybird) but funny.

http://www.politicalcartoons.com/cartoon/62a1...

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
When you use words like "virtually" you are agreeing that not all marriages over time and throughout all cultures have been between one man and one woman or many women.
Yes, it would be intellectually dishonest not to admit that. I have acknowledged in the past there are scattered historical example of various societies formally recognizing same sex unions, although of those that did not all equating them with marriage. There have been poly android practicing societies, but those are,extremely rare.
And I think the point of his post is that while children are most often a product of marriage, it isn't a requirement; at least not in the U.S.
We all know its not a requirement, why would you think it would need to be?
People aren't baby making machines. It's something that is possible. And most married couples do have children. But not all.
True, but human reproduction is sexual. Conception is a natural end result of sexual intercourse.
And since, legally, children ARE NOT a requirement of marriage, you cannot justify withholding legal marriage n this country based on the fact that a same-gender couple will not produce natural offspring.
Legal marriage is, at least in 32 plus U.S. states, defined as a union of husband and wife. If one wishes to enter into a legal marriage, one must do so as it is defined by the state. Sex is also not a legal requirement of marriage and cannot be used to justify withholding legal marriage from siblings who wish to marry.
And you continuously ignore the fact that at least in 2007 there were around 270,000 children in the country who lived with same-gender couples. According to the figures used in the recent Supreme Court hearings re: Prop 8, there are 40,000 such families in CA alone.
I do not ignore that, I disagree as to its relevance. How many children are,being raised by adult siblings, or a mother or father, and a grandparent? So the SSC gets marital benefits package because,they are,raising children, but the adult siblings don't? Of those children being raised by SSCs, how may were the product of either party's previous conjugal marriage or other os relationship?
]
These couples have their children via adoption, in vitro methods, or one or both same-gender parents had children from a previous marriage/relationship--just like some opposite-gender marriages.
Soooooo.....that means what? If two same sex adult siblings have adopted kids, or are raising their own bio kids just like SSCs, should they get the gov't bennies?

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I never said that, post it if I did. The Bisexual should be given the right to "love" one of each. Maybe the bisexual was born that way.
This is about gay marriage not bisexual marriage. One thing at a time.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>same benefits? or the trophy? The trophy is for a man and a woman. Sorry.
Trophy? What are you talking about this isn't a bowling tournament.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well when they stop mentioning it as if it is a reason to not allow same sex marriage I will stop pointing the obvious out.

you are arguing with the wrong person, talk to those who post as if it is

You may not comprehend what people are saying, but others here do.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Its your choice to ignore reality Frank. The simple fact is this, we are all w hores. BTW you spend a vast majority of your day being off topic. You have never posted to the validity of the Judges actions.
I laugh every time he does that, he is the worst offender but always calls everyone else on it.

He is nothing but a joke

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr Dragonflyer 15,928
McDonalds 7 hr tye 1 4
EBT Cards 19 hr TellThem 3
HEMET: Confusion over write-in votes cleared up (Nov '12) 21 hr Teabag Sanchez 10
Home Wrecker Mon mad mom 6
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon Mudflys to 7,901
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Mon Green Soilent 4,975
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
Hemet Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••