Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,191)

Showing posts 163,801 - 163,820 of200,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Prior to it being a "gay disease", it was a disease of colonies in African nations. Scientists have found evidence that HIV/AIDS might have been running rampant as far back as the 1930s. Since so many people were butchering meat from apes, it is believed to have leapt from them to man. And since so many people died in those remote areas of "unknown origin", nobody really took notice. However, a blood sample was preserved from 1939. HIV was found in it. The disease then likely went to Haiti (HIV was found in blood samples collected in 1966) before it first arrived in 1968 in America. It wasn't until 12 years later that "patient zero" was identified in the U.S.
It cannot be known how many people actually died of the disease prior to it being fully studied in the U.S. in the 1980s. But I'm guessing that from 1939 to 1980 there were many.
Sometimes it helps to do a little research before making erroneous and misleading comments.
Context sweetie, context.

The context was the 70's and 80's, not the 30's.

Sometimes it helps to do a little research before making erroneous and misleading comments.

Smirk.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to get your panties in a wad. No one slandered you. I believe I said "accused"; not that you were convicted of anything. So, factually, I was correct. You were "accused".
And I didn't mention any names. Handing out this man's name will now allow others to look into what he has said about you. And when they do, you'll have no one to blame but yourself.
Doesn't change the distortion you knowingly engaged in.

Topping it off by the hypocrisy of judging me for identifying the accuser after accusing me.

You keep exposing your depravity VV.

How's that make you feel?

Smile.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>No, silly, if you refer the illustrated page, in the Anatomy chapter, in Biology 101, you'll note that men and women were developed differently, with complementary organs that, if used properly, result in new people, and that gays are misusing their equipment, and that this misuse is not to be considered any sort of grounds upon which to base a marriage. Got it yet? Good. If you don't, ask your mommy or daddy, they will be mortified at your confusion, yet happy to straighten you out.
So once again we are back to the marriage is all about sex? Which is it you keep going round and round. Is marriage about some religious sanctity or is it about sex. Stop flip flopping you sound like a politician.

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>No, silly, if you refer the illustrated page, in the Anatomy chapter, in Biology 101, you'll note that men and women were developed differently, with complementary organs that, if used properly, result in new people, and that gays are misusing their equipment, and that this misuse is not to be considered any sort of grounds upon which to base a marriage. Got it yet? Good. If you don't, ask your mommy or daddy, they will be mortified at your confusion, yet happy to straighten you out.
Oh and for your information my parents are perfectly fine with me being gay and they love my bf. thanks anyway

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>First, in order for u to marry another man legally, the state must redefine marriage from a legally recognized union of husband AND wife, to a two person non gender specific spouses for life union.

Second, there's no compelling reason to redefine marriage so that a man can marry another man, or a woman another woman. None. There's no issue that needs addressing. Why does society, in the 21st century need men/women to marry other men/women?
Clearly it is an issue or we wouldn't be discussing it you idiot.
dazzaz

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

youtube.com/watch... ……………… Wheres the Beef?
Its already here
Obskeptic

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>yes I have had several abortions.... thanks and its my body and my right to choose... not yours
Your parent must be so proud of you . To think your significant contribution as a human has been to add a few dead babies to the landfill and sell your body as a commodity. Add smoking, drinking, and drugs to that mix and I bet your a real prize to look at or spend time with.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly it is an issue or we wouldn't be discussing it you idiot.
So discuss then. Why does society need men to marry other men/women to marry other women? What is this compelling urge?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
So once again we are back to the marriage is all about sex? Which is it you keep going round and round. Is marriage about some religious sanctity or is it about sex. Stop flip flopping you sound like a politician.
Why does "marriage" exist in the first place? Why did it develop throughout time and place as virtually an exclusive relationship of either one man/husband one wife, or one man many wives?

Just ANSWER THE QUESTIONS, please. Thank you.
Obskeptic

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
So discuss then. Why does society need men to marry other men/women to marry other women? What is this compelling urge?
It is an attempt to establish what is otherwise unhealthy and abnormal sexual impulses as normal and equal to those of what God intended to be between a man and a women. I know you know that though.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does "marriage" exist in the first place? Why did it develop throughout time and place as virtually an exclusive relationship of either one man/husband one wife, or one man many wives?
When you use words like "virtually" you are agreeing that not all marriages over time and throughout all cultures have been between one man and one woman or many women.

And I think the point of his post is that while children are most often a product of marriage, it isn't a requirement; at least not in the U.S.

People aren't baby making machines. It's something that is possible. And most married couples do have children. But not all.

And since, legally, children ARE NOT a requirement of marriage, you cannot justify withholding legal marriage n this country based on the fact that a same-gender couple will not produce natural offspring.

And you continuously ignore the fact that at least in 2007 there were around 270,000 children in the country who lived with same-gender couples. According to the figures used in the recent Supreme Court hearings re: Prop 8, there are 40,000 such families in CA alone.

These couples have their children via adoption, in vitro methods, or one or both same-gender parents had children from a previous marriage/relationship--just like some opposite-gender marriages.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
It is an attempt to establish what is otherwise unhealthy and abnormal sexual impulses as normal and equal to those of what God intended to be between a man and a women. I know you know that though.
Much like the attempt we make to shed light on Christianity as the unhealthy, immoral and anti-American establishment it is.

We have been quite successful at removing their bad influence from our schools and away from our innocent children that these brainwashers prey upon.

Our job has become easier lately as their hatred and immorality have been brought to the forefront as they try and deny other Americans equal rights under US law. The fight continues and people are leaving their churches in droves.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Will u also point out what the Supreme Court meant by the term "marriage", the legal, historic, cultural, and/religious understand of that term as a union of husband and wife? Build on what things?
I'll just point out that the Supreme Court Justices between 1888 and 1966 meant that marriages were between members of the same race. In 1967, they agreed that legally married couples had to be of the same race.

Now, according to you logic, the "Loving" decision in 1967 (i.e. those who said marriage could only involve same race couples) should have continued to hold that marriages can only be between members of the same race. But the Justices "redefined" marriage at that time. They expanded it to include "different race couples".

We believe that the Justices will expand its definition of marriage again by adding same-gender couples.

This definition expansion has already happened in at least three recent federal court cases and the definition has been expanded in 9 states by legislative means.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

In my response above, the first paragraph Should read, "In 1967, they agreed that legally married couples could be of different races".

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>So discuss then. Why does society need men to marry other men/women to marry other women? What is this compelling urge?
So we too can be recognized as family's in society and share the same rights and benefits.

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Why does "marriage" exist in the first place? Why did it develop throughout time and place as virtually an exclusive relationship of either one man/husband one wife, or one man many wives?

You didn't answer mine. Stop answering questions with questions. Is marriage about sex or religion???????

Still waiting???
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer mine. Stop answering questions with questions. Is marriage about sex or religion???????
Still waiting???
Standing by ready to point out the millions of current marriages where procreation is not possible and many cases where even sex is not possible in the normal sense, and that religion is also not required as any part of a marriage, I have been to many where no religion is referred to in any way at all, including more than one of my children’s marriages.

Sad to say I have not yet been to a same sex marriage ceremony, but would certainly go if invited.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Standing by ready to point out the millions of current marriages where procreation is not possible and many cases where even sex is not possible in the normal sense, and that religion is also not required as any part of a marriage, I have been to many where no religion is referred to in any way at all, including more than one of my children’s marriages.
Sad to say I have not yet been to a same sex marriage ceremony, but would certainly go if invited.
Oh for chrissakes. You mean standing by ready to judge, hate and feel superior.

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>Oh for chrissakes. You mean standing by ready to judge, hate and feel superior.
I think he means ready to stand by once the other idiot decides which platform he is standing on about marriage so we can knock him down.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Much like the attempt we make to shed light on Christianity as the unhealthy, immoral and anti-American establishment it is.
We have been quite successful at removing their bad influence from our schools and away from our innocent children that these brainwashers prey upon.
Our job has become easier lately as their hatred and immorality have been brought to the forefront as they try and deny other Americans equal rights under US law. The fight continues and people are leaving their churches in droves.
Hating Christians like you do is anti-American.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 163,801 - 163,820 of200,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hemet Discussions

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 10 hr PMS will get yeah 7,821
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 14 hr all doned in 4,864
Omg!! I can't believe my eyes so many blacks in... (May '13) 18 hr Just once 168
The Waterfalls (May '09) 19 hr hiker2 14
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sat The right is wrong 2,225
Do you approve of Jerry Franchville as Mayor? (Apr '12) Sat Becki Fire 5
Why is hemet racist ?!? Sat Becki Fire 26
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
Hemet Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hemet Jobs

•••