Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,180)

Showing posts 163,581 - 163,600 of200,224
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Assuming that "being gay is not a choice", what are the ramifications, societal obligations, personal responsibilities, etc.?

Why not just a societal "so what"? It is what it is. Why does that mean marriage redefinition? SSSB is not new, why does it require redefinition of legal marriage?
Because we want to have the same rights and benefits as a traditional m/f marriage. Why can't we have that how does it hurt anyone?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you like all others that don't understand gay or bisexual people think that it's all about sex.
It's not?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those stores still exist? Not that I would ever or have ever shopped there. Walmart on the other hand is probably your type of store. I can imagine seeing pics of you on the people of Walmart website.
K Mart is still around. Not quite the job killing entity that MalWart is though. I won't say I've never ducked into either store, but I'm not a regular. I try to support local businesses with my trade. Not that there are many of them left. I really don't mind paying a little bit more.

Keep on imagining those pics though. I'm flattered you're thinking about me. Just to enhance your fantasy, think long hair, dishwater blond going grey, beard doing the same, denim, T-shirt, and Caterpillar boot wearin' motorcyclist. No ink, full set of teeth except the four pulled for braces (no white bread and mayonaise smile too, clean 'em in the morning and after each meal, not afraid of floss either) average build. Lots of scars, mostly inflicted by critters and a dirt bike wreck or two. Not too tall, not too short.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have an issue, I can quit cold turkey without giving it a thought. Its just staying away that's difficult when everyone and I do mean everyone around me smokes!
Everyone? The US has about 20% of adults smoking. It shouldn't be too hard for you to find a new crowd. It ain't as easy to smoke while you're out on the town these days either, not at least here. Even the prisons are smoke free. Which is a mistake as the stuff tends to be calming in stressful situations.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Walmart is the shiz! Its the one stop for all my needs:)
Get a job at MalWart and get back to us. Oh, and try to buy a Huffy bicycle made in the US. You'll have to use eBay and find an old one though. MalWart killed off the last bicycle factory on US soil. As much as some folks think we don't need manufacturing jobs there are large numbers of folks that could use them. I also have fond memories of someone showing me a pair of nail clippers they'd purchased for their dog. I didn't know metal could be made to be so soft. They had all the strength of American cheese single slices. Capitalism with out soul or conscience, that should be MalWart's slogan.

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>Well excuuuuuuse me!

K Mart's been around probably over 50 years, don't write the obituary just yet. Great fishing tackle. Ammo.
I prefer Cabella's or Gander Mountain for my Ammo.

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>K Mart is still around. Not quite the job killing entity that MalWart is though. I won't say I've never ducked into either store, but I'm not a regular. I try to support local businesses with my trade. Not that there are many of them left. I really don't mind paying a little bit more.

Keep on imagining those pics though. I'm flattered you're thinking about me. Just to enhance your fantasy, think long hair, dishwater blond going grey, beard doing the same, denim, T-shirt, and Caterpillar boot wearin' motorcyclist. No ink, full set of teeth except the four pulled for braces (no white bread and mayonaise smile too, clean 'em in the morning and after each meal, not afraid of floss either) average build. Lots of scars, mostly inflicted by critters and a dirt bike wreck or two. Not too tall, not too short.
Yeah I just threw up in my mouth a little from your description.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

<quoted text>
Everyone? The US has about 20% of adults smoking. It shouldn't be too hard for you to find a new crowd. It ain't as easy to smoke while you're out on the town these days either, not at least here. Even the prisons are smoke free. Which is a mistake as the stuff tends to be calming in stressful situations.
In my town you cannot smoke in your apartment or on it's grounds or even the parking lot. You can only smoke in a single family unattached house. No duplexes.

People from the apartments huddle in front of the single family houses near them to smoke. Lots of them. At all hours. New laws new problems.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

<quoted text>
The best thing prison will do for criminals may be to make them stop smoking. Most of the other effects of prison are negative. Except keeping them away from us.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Denial of what?... Why SSM is virtually a modern Western creation?
It is making progress in the east, slowly, just like it has been doing here. What does it matter that it is a product of western civilisation? Lots of things are that you use every day.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

<quoted text>
K Mart is still around. Not quite the job killing entity that MalWart is though. I won't say I've never ducked into either store, but I'm not a regular. I try to support local businesses with my trade. Not that there are many of them left. I really don't mind paying a little bit more.
Hubba Hubba!
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming that "being gay is not a choice", what are the ramifications, societal obligations, personal responsibilities, etc.?
Why not just a societal "so what"? It is what it is. Why does that mean marriage redefinition? SSSB is not new, why does it require redefinition of legal marriage?
Because regardless of the moral issues surrounding the gay lifestyle, they are collectively outraged at being denied and they demand to be treated equally, even if it is by force of law. So once the outraged left can claim victory over the part of society that believes it is immoral, they will find a new cause celeb to direct their collective outrage and turn the bully crowd they run with on the rest of us again, until all of us and the country has been marginalized and weakened to the point that taking what little that is left will be easy. We will all give it up without so much as squeak. That is the end game.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Big D wrote:
again you have missed the point Ability or intent to have children has never ever once been a requirement for a marriage license, that is no argument whatsoever against same sex marriage, the point is moot, already dismissed in more than one court of law
Do you dismiss the value of husband/wife couples raising their children without government interference? Same sex couples are gender segregated, barren and break the perfect symetry of male/female marriage custom. Same sex marriage is taboo.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

So, if marriage to another man is marriage equality for gays and marriage to another woman is marriage equality for lesbians then marriage to another man and another woman is marriage equality for bisuexuals, right? Then, if we change marriage law based on orientation then polygamy must be legalized. That's not good.

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
So, if marriage to another man is marriage equality for gays and marriage to another woman is marriage equality for lesbians then marriage to another man and another woman is marriage equality for bisuexuals, right? Then, if we change marriage law based on orientation then polygamy must be legalized. That's not good.
Even gays believe you marry a (1) partner. A life partner. Any marriage of more than 2 individuals becomes another entity legally. Why do you try to broaden the topic. Oh I know because you have no good argument against it other than to change the topic and broaden its scope.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I just threw up in my mouth a little from your description.
You have something against nice teeth and long hair? I've been told I look like several celebrities. They've changed as I aged and cut my hair, Robert Plant & Roger Daltry were first (the hair was sunbleached blonde in my youth and very very long), Kenny Loggins (hair grew back darker after cutting it for grad school interview process). A few years and a hair cut later (for a job) I became Chuck Norris. And Jesus (that was one that stuck with me from teenage years to present each time my hair was long). That was hilarious. I told people to be careful as I might kick their arse instead of saving it. This was after I opened my own business and didn't have to answer to anyone about appearances. I wear it in a ponytail and cut off about a foot every three years to give to Locks of Love.

The Chuck Norris one was probably the most accurate for up close. I had a gaggle of kids follow me around a store one time giggling and hiding behind displays to get a peak at me. When I walked out they were waiting and sent the youngest one over to ask if I was Chuck Norris. Only he was a little confused and asked if I was Bruce Lee (absolutely no resemblance whatsoever). I nearly fell over with laughter. Kids can be really cruel at times, but they can be very cute and entertaining too.

Oh, I have been propositioned by gay men on a few occasions. Politely declined.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hubba Hubba!
Calm down Frankie, I'm married.:p
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even gays believe you marry a (1) partner. A life partner. Any marriage of more than 2 individuals becomes another entity legally. Why do you try to broaden the topic. Oh I know because you have no good argument against it other than to change the topic and broaden its scope.
Or maybe you believe that by dismissing anyone making a legitimate point, you narrow the argument to the point that only your side has any relevance or credibility.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Do you dismiss the value of husband/wife couples raising their children without government interference?
Why would he? Makes no sense to ask.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

<quoted text>
Calm down Frankie, I'm married.:p
Got carried away there. Sorry.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 163,581 - 163,600 of200,224
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 3 min sloading 7,817
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 46 min Brian_G 4,857
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 2 hr The right is wrong 2,225
Do you approve of Jerry Franchville as Mayor? (Apr '12) 9 hr Becki Fire 5
Why is hemet racist ?!? 9 hr Becki Fire 26
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Fri This topics peaked 15,911
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) Fri Vicky 473
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hemet People Search