Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,166

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Apr 13

Bellevue, WA

#186600 Apr 4, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
VV
After reading that, I went back and forth in my mind...yes and no. Personally my view on homosexuality, it is what it is. That doesn't mean marriage has to be legally redefined to address it, when other options are available.
I still don't quite get the media circus that accompanies the "I'm gay" pronouncement from some celebrity or athlete. There are times when, after hearing the latest "coming out" on the boob tube, I think "enough already....so you're no going to slap a rainbow sticker on your car....we get it".
Why do you fight gay rights... why not just accept that others are different from you and move on with your life... I mean really doesn't that make the most sense

Bellevue, WA

#186601 Apr 4, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if he patrols the city in his hot air balloon.....which I'm sure he inflates it himself....or does he have some sort of BigDmobile....maybe even a conversion van......do ya think Commissioner Gordon summons him by shining a big "D" in the sky?
Look i'm a hetero female with a transsexual child and in no way does gay rights impact my life as a hetero female and its just ludicrously silly when people make the claim that marriage will be harmed

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#186602 Apr 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I had no idea
Is that any different than republicans homosexual wet dream of coming into Reagan?
And you go into schools? You should be reported in Modesto for writing sick stuff here. You should not be allowed to be around little boys anymore.

Elk Grove, CA

#186603 Apr 4, 2013
poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you fight gay rights... why not just accept that others are different from you and move on with your life... I mean really doesn't that make the most sense
Fighting gay rights or gay marriage?

Bellevue, WA

#186604 Apr 4, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if he patrols the city in his hot air balloon.....which I'm sure he inflates it himself....or does he have some sort of BigDmobile....maybe even a conversion van......do ya think Commissioner Gordon summons him by shining a big "D" in the sky?
Marriage is actually strenghtened by gay marriage

Elk Grove, CA

#186605 Apr 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He posts like some spun out post monkey all day, all the while directing his staff from conference rooms in his multinational corporation (in Modesto!) And talking to kids in school about astronomy and don't forget balloon piloting.
True, it's creepy how he keeps writing about talking to little boys all the time.

Bellevue, WA

#186606 Apr 4, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Fighting gay rights or gay marriage?
both
Across The Pond

Netherlands

#186607 Apr 4, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as both couples are of the opposite sex.....
Obviously not anymore,what are you the village moron? 10 states and counting now isn't it? That makes your bigoted post a lie! Try again sport! Yuk,Yuk,Yuk!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#186608 Apr 4, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
VV
After reading that, I went back and forth in my mind...yes and no. Personally my view on homosexuality, it is what it is. That doesn't mean marriage has to be legally redefined to address it, when other options are available.
I still don't quite get the media circus that accompanies the "I'm gay" pronouncement from some celebrity or athlete. There are times when, after hearing the latest "coming out" on the boob tube, I think "enough already....so you're no going to slap a rainbow sticker on your car....we get it".
Do you know how some Christians like announce over and over again that they are Christian? They have crosses around their necks. They have that "Jesus fish" think on their bumper. They always seem to have a piece of scripture on their tongue. Heck, there are entire network stations devoted to Christianity.

The same can be said for Judaism. The same can be said for Islam.

Are you as frustrated with these folks who seem to always be pushing their religion on you? Do you get as outraged at them when they want to "indoctrinate" your children in public schools or in other public areas?

Here's the thing... The dust will eventually settle down. LGBT people won't always have a need to "come out". At some point in the future--probably long after you and I are gone--being gay will be seen as perfectly normal. There won't be any need for us to make an special effort to make our presence known.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#186609 Apr 5, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
You've schooled no one. You referring to anyone as a liar is quite hilarious. Your claims about yourself are unproven and a bit farfetched as I've pointed out recently and not so recently.
Homosexuals are no more barron that heterosexual couples that resort to artificial insemination, surrogates, etc.
I suppose the numerous legally married gay couples will be surprised to find out you've declared their legally recognised marriages don't exist.
Smirk!
There is a difference between couples childless because of medical reasons and ss couples who are inherently desolate and barren.

There is also a difference between a default mother and father, and a duplicated half of parenthood. Especially to the child.

Another proof that ss 'marriage's are an oxymoron

Another schooling too...

Smirk.

Location hidden

#186610 Apr 5, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No sir, there is a big difference between making a publicity stunt, and voicing our opinions about the current state of marriage law. That is below your intelligence to even try that. I am now the disappointed one. You infer that merely voicing opposition to your cause is "coming out', and that is not the case.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
"...a desire to feel equal to us..."
"...bombarded by your inferior side trumpeting on about how equal you are..."
"We don't want our kids indoctrinated..."
"You have no right to tell us about yourselves..."
----------
1.) I DO feel equal to you. Is there any doubt in your mind that people like me are not your equal?
2.) No one is indoctrinating your kids. I don't know about you, but knew about gays when I was very young. If I'm not mistaken, it was a preacher who talked about it. Then I clearly remember a pamphlet from church that talked about Sodom and Gomorrah--showing men touching other men.
3.) What is it that bothers you so much about our telling you about ourselves? I doubt that any gay person has ever said anything more to you than "I'm gay". If anyone has regaled you with explicit details of their sex life, then that person was an idiot.
Typically, it's you guys who let your imaginations run wild--grossing yourselves out with lurid images--wondering to yourselves, "who's the man and who's the woman?".
When I haven't spoken to someone in years and I reconnect with them on facebook, one of the first questions they ask is "Are you married?" Second question is "do you have kids?"
I respond honestly and say, "No, I'm gay."
What's so disturbing about that?
More verbose gay twirl that you lied.

Simple.

Snicker.

Location hidden

#186611 Apr 5, 2013
poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>Look i'm a hetero female with a transsexual child and in no way does gay rights impact my life as a hetero female and its just ludicrously silly when people make the claim that marriage will be harmed
When you impose an imposter relation on marriage, there cannot help but be damage.

At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Ss 'marriage' is an oxymoron.

Smile.

Location hidden

#186612 Apr 5, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how some Christians like announce over and over again that they are Christian? They have crosses around their necks. They have that "Jesus fish" think on their bumper. They always seem to have a piece of scripture on their tongue. Heck, there are entire network stations devoted to Christianity.
The same can be said for Judaism. The same can be said for Islam.
Are you as frustrated with these folks who seem to always be pushing their religion on you? Do you get as outraged at them when they want to "indoctrinate" your children in public schools or in other public areas?
Here's the thing... The dust will eventually settle down. LGBT people won't always have a need to "come out". At some point in the future--probably long after you and I are gone--being gay will be seen as perfectly normal. There won't be any need for us to make an special effort to make our presence known.
The goal of religious evangelism is to convert.

Are you trying to convert heterosexuals? How does that work for converting homosexuals?

Snicker.
Ballerina2b4ever

Sonoma, CA

#186613 Apr 5, 2013
My Mom says the real problerm is that there is no sanitary clause in the Xmas nutcracker and that makes god angry and he uses his tools, which are the north koreans, to demand a recount of the papal elections and to immediately force all gays to marry lesbians and avoid stop and frisk by off duty tsa operatives under cover of darkness in swim suits and masks on holy garbage collection days.
I dont get it. I think she has gone off on the dr. peeper again. But, who knows?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186614 Apr 5, 2013
poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>Look i'm a hetero female with a transsexual child and in no way does gay rights impact my life as a hetero female and its just ludicrously silly when people make the claim that marriage will be harmed
That is what I donít understand, I am a heterosexual male, married with 4 kids, none of the happen to be gay. 18,000 same sex couples legally married in California.

My marriage was not harmed in any way, none of my childrenís marriages where harmed.

What is the big deal?

They want to deny others happiness, out of what... meanness? spite? they canít claim any harm.

I just donít get what the big deal is, if they want to marry, let them, it harms no one.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186615 Apr 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to convert heterosexuals? How does that work for converting homosexuals?
Snicker.
The problem that evangelism is having is that hatred and spite does not sell as well as it used to.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#186616 Apr 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference between couples childless because of medical reasons and ss couples who are inherently desolate and barren.
There is also a difference between a default mother and father, and a duplicated half of parenthood. Especially to the child.
Another proof that ss 'marriage's are an oxymoron
Another schooling too...
Smirk.
Blathering on about your narrow minded opinion isn't schooling, dumdum. There are legally recognised marriages where both parties are of the same sex. They're married. Just because you can't accept that little inconvenient truth doesn't negate them.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#186617 Apr 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker.
Yes... In fact we are trying to convert heterosexuals. But not in the way you intimate.

We are trying to change your minds about homosexuality. We are in a movement to show you that we are equal to you in EVERY way; that we function normally in society just like you do. We are trying to show you that we will not be treated as a group of people who are willing to be hated and vilified out of your ignorance of science and your adherence to archaic religious beliefs.

In short, we're trying to get you to wrap your mind around the fact that we are like you in every way except a small aspect of our lives.

THAT is how we are trying to convert heterosexuals.

Unlike you, we ARE NOT on a mission to attempt to get you to change your attractions.

Get it now?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186619 Apr 5, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>I have a Friend who lives in Amsterdam, in the 12 years that same sex marriage has been legal, his marriage of 20 years has not changed at all. Why should it?
Exactly

what is it about those that oppose same sex marriage that their marriages are so terribly fragile that they are like frightened little children.

My marriage is fine, same sex marriage has not harmed me or my children in any way at all.

Why should it?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#186620 Apr 5, 2013
poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>Marriage is actually strenghtened by gay marriage
Oh do tell......how is marriage, the historical, cultural, social, legal, and/or religious union of husband and wife, strengthened by "gay marriage", by calling a personal intimate sexual union between two men/women, marriage?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hemet - The worst city to live in california 1 hr Joe Hemet 13
Water main Break Shadow Mountain Way 1 hr Joe Hemet 1
Marinello Schools of Beauty in Hemet is a Rip... (Jan '11) 21 hr fairplay 6
One of Two Suspects Arrested in Jack-in-the-Box... Fri SJ THEBOy 9
corruption with Riverside county CPS Fri lupita garcia 5
Residents Of Hemet, San Jacinto Still Cleaning ... Fri Chris 2
bums on bikes Thu kmnine 5

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match