Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
162,961 - 162,980 of 200,655 Comments Last updated 44 min ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186537 Apr 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nooooo!
Xemu International :D
There is a bill to rename SFO Harvey Milk International. I don't mind but I like Emperor Norton International better.

If they rename it Harvey Milk, I would have to endure my crude New York relatives "Flying" out to visit me. "We'll be FLYING into Harvey Milk around COCKTAIL hour..."
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186538 Apr 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on, just when I thought you might be getting reasonable in your late youth.
I am trying to be as reasonable as you are :)

It isnít easy to be that unreasonable
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186539 Apr 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a bill to rename SFO Harvey Milk International. I don't mind but I like Emperor Norton International better.
If they rename it Harvey Milk, I would have to endure my crude New York relatives "Flying" out to visit me. "We'll be FLYING into Harvey Milk around COCKTAIL hour..."
Ah, I had no idea

Is that any different than republicans homosexual wet dream of coming into Reagan?

I suppose that is up to the people of SF

Personally I donít like it when they re-name stuff

I didnít like it when they re-named Cape Canaveral Cape Kennedy

I didnít like it when they renamed Washington national airport

but I suppose that is up to the people that live there.

I did however agree that Pluto is not ( and never really was ) a planet
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186540 Apr 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Families are the foundation of society, the building blocks. Especially marriages with children. Thus justified government perks. To encourage marriage. If there were no government perks for marriage, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
I believe there should only be government benefits for families with children regardless of their parents marital status or sexual preference. And lesser benefits if any for families without children since marriage is good for society. ALL marriage, even unpopular ones like those child molesting welfare cheating polygamists. And yes, siblings.
WOO HOOO! Gimme some lucky charms.
Having children is a choice, and people should take careful stock of their situation before having children to insure that their situation is stable, financially and emotionally before deciding to have or adopt children.

I donít think we should be handing out rewards for doing so, we are overpopulated already.

I love children, and I am part of the problem as I had several.

Your welfare cheating child molester friends aside, I donít think the government should be rewarding or punishing people's behavior trough taxation. That is a crutch, we should make our own decisions and take on the financial and emotional responsibility that go along with those decisions. I have never liked the idea of the government trying to control peopleís behavior though taxation.

Unfortunately there is not a political party that agrees with me.:)
Claudias

Covina, CA

#186541 Apr 4, 2013
The big threat?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#186542 Apr 4, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
How is not answering a simple question spot on. Well I guess for you avoiding intellectual debate is your typical style so you would think it to be spot on for someone else to do the same.
Says the sissy who ran like a girl/blonde.

Snicker.

Location hidden

#186544 Apr 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought I was just pointing out how idiotic it is to equate an ever only duplicated sterile half to the gender diversity of marriage.
Most people don't know I'm a lesbian trapped in a straight man until I tell them.
Kind of messes up your gay twirl, doesn't it.
Smirk.
Shit Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people DO know that you're a neurotic, delusional mess.
Troll attack because you have no logical argument.

Again.

Snicker.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186545 Apr 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am trying to be as reasonable as you are :)
It isnít easy to be that unreasonable
Yeah yeah.

Being reasonable in your mind means to respectfully look up at you on the mountaintop while you dispense your sage down to us.

Location hidden

#186546 Apr 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought I was just pointing out how idiotic it is to equate an ever only duplicated sterile half to the gender diversity of marriage.
Most people don't know I'm a lesbian trapped in a straight man until I tell them.
Kind of messes up your gay twirl, doesn't it.
Smirk.
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people know that is a tired old juvenile joke. Funny if you're a teenager, yawn provoking if you're mature.
Kind of messes up your validity, doesn't it?
Third response to my post that has no direct counter, just ad homoan attacks against me.

A clear sign of a failed position.

I'm a hermaphrodite and a genetic chimera.

Smile.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186547 Apr 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah yeah.
Being reasonable in your mind means to respectfully look up at you on the mountaintop while you dispense your sage down to us.
Only when you stoop as low as you have been :)

Location hidden

#186548 Apr 4, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>We're discussing same sex marriage laws and Jar wrote: "Incest laws come from not wanting children with a third eye or some other defect. Gays and lesbians can't reproduce as a couple so nothing to worry about there." It seems to me, this argues procreation and marriage are related.
Now, we get another story where marriage has nothing to do with procretion.
I'd contend, the reason people support same sex marriage are emotional, not rational.
They keep getting caught with their pants down and major rug burns...

Snicker.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#186549 Apr 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the sissy who ran like a girl/blonde.
Snicker.
Don't like women, eh?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#186550 Apr 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people don't know I'm a lesbian trapped in a straight man until I tell them..
...as they back slowly away from the crazy person.....
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186551 Apr 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Only when you stoop as low as you have been :)
"Stoop as low" translation- Not looking respectfully enough at you on the mountaintop. Or not agreeing with you 100%.
Non Psycho Mike DiDucci

Alhambra, CA

#186552 Apr 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because of the rabid rejection of any connection between marriage and procreation by SSM zealots. It's hard to let it go by when someone insists they are not at all related. Most of the government perks for marriage are based on raising children.
I say it is dumb and wrong to deny the connection. Much better to say, yes they are related but irrelevant. And that ssm couples often have children too.
No, dear,

There is no "rabid rejection" by SSM proponants. It is "rabid self-delusion" by SSM opponents that marriage ONLY has to do with raising children and that children are ONLY raised by hetero couples.

You need to take this argument up with them.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186553 Apr 4, 2013
Non Psycho Mike DiDucci wrote:
<quoted text>
No, dear,
There is no "rabid rejection" by SSM proponants. It is "rabid self-delusion" by SSM opponents that marriage ONLY has to do with raising children and that children are ONLY raised by hetero couples.
You need to take meds.
Towing charges

Covina, CA

#186554 Apr 4, 2013
Carnival, the world's largest cruise operator, has rejected a request from a powerful U.S. senator that it reimburse the U.S. government for the costs it incurs for rescuing the company's ships when they become disabled.

Location hidden

#186555 Apr 4, 2013
Shit Breath wrote:
<quoted text>...as they back slowly away from the crazy person.....
More ad homoan gay troll attacks from the brain of the group...

Snicker.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#186556 Apr 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
More ad homoan gay troll attacks from the brain of the group...
Snicker.
I thought it was HI-larious
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186557 Apr 4, 2013
Non Psycho Mike DiDucci wrote:
<quoted text>
No, dear,

he is far too busy defending them and this incredibly lame argument

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Many Sonic Booms or Earthquakes Felt in Menifee? (Jan '10) 4 hr fedup 28
Transportation plays a big role at home and reg... 4 hr fedup 2
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 hr Little Ricky 15,973
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 9 hr memo maddnes 5,020
8/27/2013 tuesday around 2:15pm state and menlo... (Aug '13) 13 hr hahahaha 14
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon punch tips 7,935
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) Mon Mikeymouse 477
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••