Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,136)

Showing posts 162,701 - 162,720 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no tolerance at all for the intolerant my wife often tells me :)
If you have "no tolerance at all" then you are intolerant. And have no tolerance for yourself.

Since: Apr 13

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>That's what I meant by vice versa. Lesbians bother me more than gays do
Why????? you being bothered by two people in love bothers me!!!

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Can you cite a problematic outcome of a baby born from an incestuous relationship? Do you have any biology or medical references that describes the problems of incestuous births?
More likely, modern incest laws are based on biblical laws that prohibit incest in order to desexualize the home. That's why biblical law condemns inccest even in the case of adoption, where there is no close genetic relationship.
You must really have a lonely life
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Can you cite a problematic outcome of a baby born from an incestuous relationship? Do you have any biology or medical references that describes the problems of incestuous births?
More likely, modern incest laws are based on biblical laws that prohibit incest in order to desexualize the home. That's why biblical law condemns inccest even in the case of adoption, where there is no close genetic relationship.
Continued inbreeding may increase some medical problems slightly but occasional inbreeding hardly ever.

So there is no reason I can't marry my sister. Besides, procreation is irrelevant to marriage we have been recently taught, correcting centuries of improper thought.

And sis is SMOKIN' HOT!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>You must really have a lonely life
That's irrelevant.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>Why????? you being bothered by two people in love bothers me!!!
Are you still dancing the pole at 45? Good for you! How's tips though?

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you still dancing the pole at 45? Good for you! How's tips though?
Still very good!!!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Since I'm not a biologist or a medical professional, I have to rely on the Internet. Here's a bit I found... "Inbreeding leads to a higher probability of congenital birth defects because it increases that proportion of zygotes that are homozygous, in particular for deleterious recessive alleles that produce such disorders."

Another article states, "Doctors are worried about all close incestuous parings that result in a child, since such children have a much higher risk of disabilities."

Regarding incest and religion...

--According to most Biblical scholars, it is widely believe that Cain married his sister (since there were no other people on the planet).

--Abraham married his half sister Sara. They shared the same father, but not the same mother.

--Nachor (Abrahamís brother) married Melcha (his niece).

--Two of Lot's daughters got Lot drunk and had sex with him to preserve "the seed" of their father.

--Amram took to wife Jochabed his aunt by the fatherís side: and she bore him Aaron and Moses (so Aaron and Moses were the result of a marriage between their father and their father's aunt).

--Amnon, the son of David, fell in love with his sister, Thomar and had sex with her against her will.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>Still very good!!!
Good for you!

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all, I'm saying all holy texts either define marriage as male/female or they don't discuss marriage at all. Here, I'll list some of them for you to check:

Pyramid texts, the Epic of Gilgamesh, the Rigveda, the Avesta, the Diamond Sutra, the Guru Granth Sahib, the Vedas,the Bhagavad Gita, the Qur'an, Homeric Hymns, Theogony, the Great Hymn to the Aten, the Ayyavazhi, The Akilathirattu Ammanai, the Arul Nool, Bah√°'√≠ Faith, the Kit√°b-i-Aqdas, Kit√°b-i-√ćq√°n, B√∂n, Kangyur and Tengyur, the ravada Buddhism, the Tipitaka aka Pali Canon, Vinaya Pitaka, Sutta Pitaka, Digha Nikaya, the "long" discourses, the Majjhima Nikaya, the "middle-length" discourses, Samyutta Nikaya, the "connected" discourses, Anguttara Nikaya, the "numerical" discourses, Khuddaka Nikaya, the "minor collection", Abhidhamma Pitaka, the East Asian Mahayana, the Chinese Buddhist Tripi?aka, the Heart Sutra, the Shurangama Sutra and its Shurangama Mantra, Pure Land Buddhism, Infinite Life Sutra, Amitabha Sutra, Contemplation Sutra, other Pure Land Sutras, Tiantai, Tendai, and Nichiren, Lotus Sutra, the Shingon, the Mahavairocana Sutra, Vajrasekhara Sutra, the Tibetan Kangyur and Tengyur, Cheondoism, the Donghak Scripture, the Songs of Yongdam, the Sermons of Master Haeweol, the Sermons of Revered Teacher Euiam, Nag Hammadi library and other Gnostic texts, the Book of Mormon, the Pearl of Great Price, the Doctrine and Covenants, the Apocrypha, the Book of Enoch, the Five Classics of Confucianism, the Four Books, the Thirteen Classics, the Principia Discordia, Rasa'il al-hikmah (Epistles of Wisdom), Coffin Texts, the Book of the Dead, Book of Caverns, Book of Gates, Amduat, Book of the Heavenly Cow, Litany of Re,
the Cippus of Perugia, 3rd or 2nd century BCE, Cippus Perusinus, Liber Linteus, Pyrgi Tablets, Tabula Cortonensis, Hermetica, Emerald Tablet and associated writings, Sruti, Vedas: Rig Veda, Sama Veda, Yajur Veda, Atharva Veda, Brahmanas, Aranyakas, Upanishads, Smriti, Itihasas, Mahabharata, Ramayana, Puranas, Bhagavata Purana, Tantras, Stotras, Ashtavakra Gita, Gherand Samhita, Gita Govinda, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Yoga Vasistha, Purva Mimamsa Sutras, In Vedanta (Uttar Mimamsa), Brahma Sutras of Vyasa, Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Samkhya Sutras of Kapila, Nyaya Sutras of Gautama, Vaisheshika Sutras of Kanada, vaikhanasa Samhitas, Pancaratra Samhitas, Sakta Tantras, 64 Bhairavagamas, 28 Shaiva Agamas, Shiva Sutras of Vasugupta, Vijnana Bhairava Tantra, Pashupata Sutras of Lakulish, Panchartha-bhashya of Kaundinya (a commentary on the Pashupata Sutras), Ganakarika, Ratnatika of Bhasarvajna, 28 Saiva Agamas, Tirumurai (canon of 12 works), Meykandar Shastras (canon of 14 works), Brahma Samhita, Jayadeva's Gita Govinda, Krishna-karnamrita, Chaitanya Bhagavata, Chaitanya Charitamrita, Prema-bhakti-candrika, Hari-bhakti-vilasa, poems of Kabir, poems of Dadu, the Qur'an, the Hadith, Svetambara, 11 Angas, 12 Upangas, 4 Mula-sutras, 6 Cheda-sutras, 2 Culika-sutras, 10 Prakirnakas, Digambara, Karmaprabhrita, also called Satkhandagama, Kashayaprabhrita, Jina Vijaya, Tattvartha Sutra, GandhaHasti Mahabhashya, the Tanakh, Torah, Nevi'im, Ketuvim, the Talmud, Mishnah, Gemara, the Satanic Bible, Siddhanta Shikhamani, Vachana sahitya, Mantra Gopya, Shoonya Sampadane, 28 Agamas, Karana Hasuge, Basava Purana, the Ginza Rba, Book of the Zodiac, Qolusta, Canonical Prayerbook, Book of John the Baptizer, Diwan Abatur, Purgatories...
You are great at cut and paste.

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>We have the freedom to practice our religions; you don't have the right to force your radical secular extremism on us.

Where do you think laws against incest come from, if not religion?
Incest laws come from not wanting children with a third eye or some other defect. Gays and lesbians can't reproduce as a couple so nothing to worry about there.

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>We have the freedom to practice our religions; you don't have the right to force your radical secular extremism on us.

You are forcing your religion on us not the other way around. I wouldn't want you at my wedding nor would you be invited. If I marry another man it wouldn't affect you at all. You wouldn't even know it happened. By you imposing your beliefs you are affecting me directly from stopping me from getting married. So before you preach to me please look in the mirror and start with yourself.

Milwaukee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:

It's the same argument as abortion. You can have your beliefs and disagree with it but you can't impose those beliefs upon someone else that does not believe the same thing. It's apples to apples gay marriage is the same thing. You are trying to impose your beliefs upon others that don't agree with you. I hope you are smart enough to realize its the same basis for argument and judgement.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are great at cut and paste.
His other strong suits include but are not limited to:
A complete inability to articulate a point.
A complete inability to give a rational answer to a valid question.
Great leaps of faith with bizarre logic.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are forcing your religion on us not the other way around. I wouldn't want you at my wedding nor would you be invited. If I marry another man it wouldn't affect you at all. You wouldn't even know it happened. By you imposing your beliefs you are affecting me directly from stopping me from getting married. So before you preach to me please look in the mirror and start with yourself.
Invite me! Gay weddings are the best. Been to three. Had fun!

P.S. I gift well.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
His other strong suits include but are not limited to:
A complete inability to articulate a point.
A complete inability to give a rational answer to a valid question.
Great leaps of faith with bizarre logic.
Wouldn't be the same without him and the guy never uses insults.

Unless of course you are a progressive, believing having a different opinion is a grave insult!

How's that Old Honda running? My son just sold his Yamaha R6 at a tidy profit after having much fun with it for a few years.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not writing about a particular religion or cult, I'm writing about all holy texts ever collected since the dawn of literacy. Marriage is ALWAYS defined as male/female in ancient religious texts and myths.
What's up with that?
I donít give a darn about any 'holy" texts anywhere

are you not aware that there are thousands of churches that want to preform same sex marriage or are you ignorant of the fact?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I'm not a biologist or a medical professional, I have to rely on the Internet. Here's a bit I found... "Inbreeding leads to a higher probability of congenital birth defects because it increases that proportion of zygotes that are homozygous, in particular for deleterious recessive alleles that produce such disorders."
Another article states, "Doctors are worried about all close incestuous parings that result in a child, since such children have a much higher risk of disabilities."
Regarding incest and religion...
--According to most Biblical scholars, it is widely believe that Cain married his sister (since there were no other people on the planet).
--Abraham married his half sister Sara. They shared the same father, but not the same mother.
--Nachor (Abrahamís brother) married Melcha (his niece).
--Two of Lot's daughters got Lot drunk and had sex with him to preserve "the seed" of their father.
--Amram took to wife Jochabed his aunt by the fatherís side: and she bore him Aaron and Moses (so Aaron and Moses were the result of a marriage between their father and their father's aunt).
--Amnon, the son of David, fell in love with his sister, Thomar and had sex with her against her will.
There is a very slight risk of first generation incestually born children having medical problems. The bigger problems occur when it continues for a 2nd or 3rd generation.

Any child can have 2 recessive genes which lead to birth defects, not just children of incest. So the chances aren't any higher for the first generation incest born children than any other child.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Can anyone imagine what kind of loser would rig the judge-its? Automatically good for the approved opinion, bad for any other.

Like the judge-its matter or something! Get a job!
Wasteful

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Once again those crazy people in city hall of Glendora, California have wasted tax payers dollars in

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 162,701 - 162,720 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
Hemet Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
•••
•••