Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#185573 Mar 30, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>What makes it a "right" for you to define as you choose, but not for the others?
I'm not imposing my choice on you but you are on me. My marriage will never effect you directly but your choice to keep me from marrying does directly effect me. Big difference. You can have your beliefs but let me have mine as well.

Milwaukee

#185574 Mar 30, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>But, "Chortle", these issues DO apply. The governments entire justification for even interfering in marriage law at all is to provide for the natural family, and the continuation of same. If the government has no business banning SSM, it also has no business banning polygamy. Didn't you read the story, published by Patheos, posted by Pietro yesterday, listing the "friend to the court" brief, submitted by no less than 18 lawyers, detailing the same concerns? Really, you should read more.
You should wake up from your bigotry and realize the world evolves.
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185575 Mar 30, 2013
mr.Reichardo...the bigot.

when you see a older man and a youger man together in harmony and love??

you see a child molester....

because that is what you want to see.

whe i see a 16 year old who really loves his older man??

i say "be careful" ...only as i would anybody dating someone that much older...

16 year old women date 30 year old men all the time..

some of them want their daddies??

mabey?

whatever....

it is a pretty permissive society when it comes to sexuality....

at the one I live in...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#185576 Mar 30, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
And I post this will all the respect I can deliver. Damn, if I was going to change sides, that would have been the post that did it. But I believe that there must be some sort of middle ground to be reached that satisfies both your needs and my desire to reserve a title for a specific pairing. That is the best case I have heard presented for your side, in spite of all the kudos that your side has heaped upon Chongo/ross-no-hope, for its lunatic, non-stop hatefest insults that even Don Rickles would have cringed at, in embarrassment. To be honest if Chongo wasn't the foremost champion of your side, I might have loosened up a long time ago. Salute, sir, and BTW, what is yer dogs name, if I may ask? I'm a bit of a softie for critters...
:D
In any dispute of such magnitude you'll find all sorts of malcontents on both sides of the fence. Why let that detail get in the way of reason and fact? I have presented the same argument about inheritance and end of life issues as marriage relates to them. The difference is I am not gay so I cannot deliver from his perspective.

I'm surprised that, in spite of having known and been friends with numerous homosexuals, veryvermilion is the one who made you think you could change your tune.

Location hidden

#185577 Mar 30, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
I believe in God but I'm not a bible thumper. Think about it. Unless you are gay does it make sense for a man to have sexual relations with another man. And same for women? It's an abomination! I'm not the type of person you are going to see walking down the side of the road with a sign that has some bigoted statement on it, but seriously! Marriage is a relationship between a man a woman and God, that is what it is. Holy matramony! It says in the bible a man shall not lye with another man! You don't have to be religious to know that! Their going to be pushing to have same sex marriage in every state soon, and its not right! Marriage is different than just a regular relationship keep it at that if you can't convert to heterosexuality!
*thump thump thump*

Location hidden

#185578 Mar 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage means more wasteful government spending, more intrusive regulations and higher taxes to pay for the whole mess:
Is there no mole hill you won't see as an entire mountain range?

Let me ask you a question, again...

If same sex marriage will lead to forced gay prison marriages, higher taxes, and all the other stuff you keep banging on about, why won't the same sex unions that you support do the same?
Dan

Roseville, CA

#185579 Mar 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Since he was a child predator and child molester, if you like him, you might approve of that lifestyle, do you? MLK or Gandhi were not pedophiles, Milk was.
Oh what a bunch of bullshit. Harvey Milk was no pedophile you loon...LOL!!!

I suppose Bugs Bunny was a mass murderer then.

LOL!!!

Location hidden

#185580 Mar 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I never heard MLK or Gandhi molesting boys. Harvey Milk was in his 30s when he started having sex with 16 year old McKinley. Typical with pedophilia, as soon as McKinley's body begain to mature, Harvey Milk discarded him for younger [looking] sexual partners.
Milk was open and unapologetic about his sexual exploits with underaged and of-age at-risk youth, discarding one after the other as they matured. Again, typical of pedophilia. Today there is a law called "Meghan's Law" which requires that pedophiles be registered so that communities can recognize them and keep their children away from them. This Law didn't exist back when Milk was alive but if it had, would it apply to him?
Tommy: IS Jerry Sandusky a hero of yours too? Why are your hero's child predators?
I'm not suggesting that it is okay for someone in their 30s to be having sexual relationships with teenagers, but you need to realise that sex with a 16 y.o. doesn't make one a pedophile.
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185581 Mar 30, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not imposing my choice on you but you are on me. My marriage will never effect you directly but your choice to keep me from marrying does directly effect me. Big difference. You can have your beliefs but let me have mine as well.
AK is NOT to good at walking in other peoples shoes...

you can see they range from highly limited to outright insane(ronald and brian)
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185582 Mar 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
HE SEES what he WANTS to see...

he is only in his late 40's, but he might as well belong to his dad's generation.
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185583 Mar 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
mickey mouse is one evil bastard!!

but bugs is ok.....
Dan

Roseville, CA

#185584 Mar 30, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
The overwhelming tide is to allow gay marriage. I wouldn't worry about those diminishing squinty eyed fools not liking it. Within 10 years it will be a non-issue if Tommy Two Tones wants to marry Slim Jim.
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185585 Mar 30, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not suggesting that it is okay for someone in their 30s to be having sexual relationships with teenagers, but you need to realise that sex with a 16 y.o. doesn't make one a pedophile.
he doesnt, dont bother
Andy

North Las Vegas, NV

#185586 Mar 30, 2013
Gay movement first put pressure on mental health industry to CHANGE being gay from mental illness to normal lifestyle.

Yea, less than 2% of population is living gay lifestyle, and the other 98% are expected to accept they are not crazy.

Its the end times...
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185587 Mar 30, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
In any dispute of such magnitude you'll find all sorts of malcontents on both sides of the fence. Why let that detail get in the way of reason and fact? I have presented the same argument about inheritance and end of life issues as marriage relates to them. The difference is I am not gay so I cannot deliver from his perspective.
I'm surprised that, in spite of having known and been friends with numerous homosexuals, veryvermilion is the one who made you think you could change your tune.
mabey he hasnt gotten a chance to tell those he knew personally how he really feels about them.....after all, it is some pretty ugly stuff.....enough to start a good fight...

where as on the internets...he can really vent his feelings..

and thus become more vulnerable to the truths he is hiding from.

Milwaukee

#185588 Mar 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>The overwhelming tide is to allow gay marriage. I wouldn't worry about those diminishing squinty eyed fools not liking it. Within 10 years it will be a non-issue if Tommy Two Tones wants to marry Slim Jim.
Exactly. Most people against it think it's icky and makes them uncomfortable. That's how most people feel about spiders and snakes. Maybe we should ban them. Lol

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#185589 Mar 30, 2013
Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry
ricardo..
living in california, I just
thought you might be more
....familiar with that term..
it means that our personal connection with the universe doesnt involve a religion..
that is what "spiritual but not religious" means.
LOL..in other words you are an atheist.
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185590 Mar 30, 2013
Andy wrote:
Gay movement first put pressure on mental health industry to CHANGE being gay from mental illness to normal lifestyle.
Yea, less than 2% of population is living gay lifestyle, and the other 98% are expected to accept they are not crazy.
Its the end times...
they need to add an icon to the list of icons you can judge other posts.

we can take a picture of you sitting in the corner thumping his foot, facing the wall, with a dunce cap on.(of course.)
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185591 Mar 30, 2013
the title of this new icon, is of course "bigoted"

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#185592 Mar 30, 2013
Tommy cochrane wrote:
mr.Reichardo...the bigot.
when you see a older man and a youger man together in harmony and love??
you see a child molester....
because that is what you want to see.
whe i see a 16 year old who really loves his older man??
i say "be careful" ...only as i would anybody dating someone that much older...
16 year old women date 30 year old men all the time..
some of them want their daddies??
mabey?
whatever....
it is a pretty permissive society when it comes to sexuality....
at the one I live in...
It's against the law. It's perversion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
corruption with Riverside county CPS 10 hr SAD BUT TRUE 11
How come all Hemet sex offenders addresses aren... (Dec '08) Thu lARRY mILLER9626 12
Review: R G Deck Coatings Inc Thu Annonymous 1
San Jacinto Woman Accused of Stabbing Boyfriend... Dec 24 lupita garcia 1
One of Two Suspects Arrested in Jack-in-the-Box... Dec 23 Amazed 12
San JacintoUnlock parks, San Jacinto residents say Dec 22 SJskin 1
Water main Break Shadow Mountain Way Dec 22 hemetone 2

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hemet News, Events & Info