Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,387

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#185541 Mar 30, 2013
Wat the Tyler wrote:
Some people are born transgendered. They can't choose how they were born or who they love.
Some people were born with big ears; that doesn't mean taxpayers have to pay for your elective cosmetic surgery.

“Dont hate cuz u aint me”

Since: Dec 09

Lynwood

#185542 Mar 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No difference.
Having taxpayers pay for your abortion is just as wrong as having them pay for your sex change operation and medication.
well it up to the tax payers let them vote for it

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#185543 Mar 30, 2013
There's a thirty day comment period, make sure you tell your representatives how you feel.
Dorn

La Puente, CA

#185544 Mar 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage means more wasteful government spending, more intrusive regulations and higher taxes to pay for the whole mess:
In shift, Medicare would pay for sex-change operations
March 29, 2013
For the first time since 1981, when it dubbed sex-change operations "experimental," Medicare has opened the door to covering transexual operations, adding to the growing list of operations that would be allowed under Obamacare.
Acting on a new request, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services said it is starting a new analysis that could lift the spending ban for sex-change operations with a goal of making a decision two days after Christmas and on the eve of Obamacare kicking in Jan. 1.
A 30-day public comment period just opened on the proposed "National Coverage Determination."
"Surgical Treatment for Gender Identity Disorder, formerly referred to as transsexual surgery in 140.3, is currently noncovered under the Medicare Part A and Part B programs. The existing policy, which became effective in 1981, states that transsexual surgery is considered experimental," said the notice just posted on the CMS.gov site....
http://washingtonexaminer.com/in-shift-medica...
----------
Sexual orientation is different from actually wanting to become the oposite sex.

Since: Mar 07

Drakes Branch, VA

#185545 Mar 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>If you want a sex change, pay for it yourself. Don't force your neighbors to pay for it by calling it a medical treatment.
Well, since it IS medical treatment, how do you get around that? Do you suggest that everyone, including yourself, receive reinsurance coverage only for the basics, and NEVER for reconstructive surgery of any kind?

Because THAT is what "sex change" surgery is.

You can't suggest such restrictions for others unless you accept it for yourself and your family.

Drakes Branch, VA

#185546 Mar 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Some people were born with big ears; that doesn't mean taxpayers have to pay for your elective cosmetic surgery.
And some people are born without a nose, or with twisted limbs, and you believe they should just be on their own.

I saw a story awhile back about a little boy with half of the top of his skull deformed, so it looked like his head had caved in. You believe that HE should pay for the surgery to correct it, not his insurance, or just live with it.

That's not how it works, and fortunately, YOU don't get to decide.

Drakes Branch, VA

#185547 Mar 30, 2013
Dorn wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
Sexual orientation is different from actually wanting to become the oposite sex.
If he tried to understand the simple truth that a transgendered person can be gay, straight, OR bi, and it was completely independent their gender, I think he might break out in hives.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#185548 Mar 30, 2013
Dorn wrote:
...Sexual orientation is different from actually wanting to become the oposite sex.
One thing homosexuals and transexuals have in common, they understand the importance of gender. Same sex marriage would remove the importance of gender from the institution of marriage.

Same sex marriage is bad because it harms homosexuals and transexuals.
Mammy Yokum

Sonoma, CA

#185549 Mar 30, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
I don't think that gays should be aloud to wed! It's like a slap in God's face! To all you gays God made women for a reason and to all you lezzies God made men for a reason!
`
Uh, let's see; the reason is to go to war and to get laid? Is that your BIG truth revealing the order of things and duty? No wonder we CREATED religion & God to control dumb twotts with blather and pomp that would keep them in place and force them to present children to the priests for rapture games.6363

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#185550 Mar 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>One thing homosexuals and transexuals have in common, they understand the importance of gender. Same sex marriage would remove the importance of gender from the institution of marriage.
Same sex marriage is bad because it harms homosexuals and transexuals.
False inference. For example, two gay men get married. Neither would marry a woman. I'm quite sure gender is important to both and their marriage.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#185552 Mar 30, 2013
Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
lets not forget two wars and a crashed economy!!
I hope we haven't but with that said, does that mean we should not investigate who leaked the information on the seals that died? Does going back in history clear the great obama?

Elk Grove, CA

#185553 Mar 30, 2013
Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree..im highly spiritual, just not religious...
all the other posts youve been leaving about BIg D and I being
'athiets" are just silly.
What does that even mean? "im highly spiritual, just not religious." Big D is an atheist, fool.

Elk Grove, CA

#185554 Mar 30, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hero was a mess:
"...Milk's continuing campaign, run from the storefront of Castro Camera, was a study in disorganization. Although the older Irish grandmothers and gay men who volunteered were plentiful and happy to send out mass mailings, Milk's notes and volunteer lists were kept on scrap papers. Any time the campaign required funds, the money came from the cash register without any consideration for accounting. The campaign manager's assistant was an 11-year-old neighborhood girl who joyfully ordered the volunteers to work. Milk himself was hyperactive and prone to fantastic outbursts of temper, only to recover quickly and shout excitedly about something else. Many of his rants were directed at his lover, Scott Smith, who was becoming disillusioned with the man who was no longer the laid-back hippie he had fallen in love with...."
well said, they never want to show the full picture on these so called hero's. Milk was sick.
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185555 Mar 30, 2013
gangstaprincess wrote:
<quoted text> so you want to deny people freedom to be who and what they want?
of course he does??

dont you know??

repubicons want small government for BIG companies...

but BIG government for everyone else.

(see vaginal probes in VA.)

they have intoduced over 1100 bills(in the red states) that restrict womens health care.
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185556 Mar 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>What does that even mean? "im highly spiritual, just not religious." Big D is an atheist, fool.
what i meant was

spirtitual BUT NOT religious...

sorry for the typo
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185557 Mar 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>well said, they never want to show the full picture on these so called hero's. Milk was sick.
what does rock's rant really say??

NOTHING.

as usual.

"they use money from the cash draw" so??

"they were disorganized"

gay people are anything but disorganized as a group...

you and ROCK obvious dont know any gay people.

basically rock is picking on an activist(martyr) because he dislikes gay people.

period.....

Harvey milk is like the gay MLK....or ghandi

if you dont like him, it is likely you arnt a big human rights activist.
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185558 Mar 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I hope we haven't but with that said, does that mean we should not investigate who leaked the information on the seals that died? Does going back in history clear the great obama?
GOING back in history would mean admitting you were wrong on Iraq...

lets hear about the embassies that were attacked on bush's watch....

NO?? yes there were...

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#185559 Mar 30, 2013
Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
of course he does??
dont you know??
repubicons want small government for BIG companies...
but BIG government for everyone else.
(see vaginal probes in VA.)
they have intoduced over 1100 bills(in the red states) that restrict womens health care.
republicans, like southern Baptists, believe that women are inferior to men. sadly, Sarah Palin didn't help disprove that.

Elk Grove, CA

#185560 Mar 30, 2013
Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
what i meant was
spirtitual BUT NOT religious...
sorry for the typo
I never said anything about a typo, just asked what being highly spiritual means?

Elk Grove, CA

#185561 Mar 30, 2013
Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
GOING back in history would mean admitting you were wrong on Iraq...
lets hear about the embassies that were attacked on bush's watch....
NO?? yes there were...
I didn't make the decision, therefore, I was never wrong. Bush was wrong, his advisers should be in jail. Why does it scare you so much to talk about the Seals that were set up and killed? Anytime something is said about obama, it's back to Bush..LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man assaults kids at McDonalds-east florida on ... (Jul '13) 17 hr RobWhitey 131
Is San Jacinto Dangerous? (Jun '10) Sun the investigator 25
The under ground tunnel , Florida ave. downtown... (Oct '11) Sun Jen 79
Scammed by Richardson RV; DO NOT do business w... Feb 26 hemet sucks 2
Husband, Wife Die In Apparent Murder-Suicide (Jan '07) Feb 26 tellinitlikeitis 18
Can white people call themselves African American? (Sep '12) Feb 24 TELETUBBIES CALL Me 102
Menifee Authors Feb 22 286author 1

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:59 pm PST