Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,038

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
mrsk

Rialto, CA

#185433 Mar 29, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Then, I suppose that we need to do away with "Men" and "Women' on the outside of bathrooms. A man can go into the "Mens Room", why can't a woman? And why can't a man go into the "Womens Room"? This is plainly unfair to everyone. What you call "passing gas", we know to be you exhaling.
You better SAY THAT!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185434 Mar 29, 2013
No Harm No Foul wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hay oh great ignorant one! Maybe you should educate yourself on the medicinal and medical properties of Cannabis! There are many legitimate uses for Pot and it can be of great help to those who are suffering from medical conditions like Cancer, glaucoma,and really to many others to name in a post! It also helps immensely in cancer patients going through chemo and radiation therapy who have no appetites where pot helps stimulate! Many people who suffer from chronic pain use it also and again it is of great help to them,so don't judge!You sound like a very bitter whatever but maybe like I said do a little reading on the subject before you spout off like this! The answer is NO we need to look into the further uses of Pot as a medicinal thing! The honest truth is that it's a lot less harmful than alcohol is and doesn't do the damage that alcohol does! Ban pot? How did trying to ban alcohol work out for the country? You sound as I said like a bitter uneducated fool!
Off-topic. Take it to a Pot Forum.
mrsk

Rialto, CA

#185435 Mar 29, 2013
So WHAT'S NEXT?, because you know this isn't over, who else is going to come out of the woodwork and hop on this bandwagon. Polygamist? Adults wanting to marry children? Minors wanting to marry other minors? People wanting to marry their pets? Oh, and what about marrying oneself? I mean how far will this be taken in the future? I know one thing, I want it kept out of public schools and High School Health classes, and that's not me being hateful because I don't hate the homosexuals and I'm not scared of them.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#185436 Mar 29, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Tommy
Not just the Bible as he pointed out. It happens in all religions to some extent. Like V said, most Muslims are not the picture we see on TV. Well, I think he meant that. And the message of the Bible is not what Church you attend or how you look or your lifestyle, it's a personal relationship with Him. And it's not our job to judge others. Someone being gay doesn't bother me. People can disagree on gay marriage and still be in support of equal rights in my opinion. But if it happens, it won't bother me unless some Churches get sued for refusing to perform the ceremony.
And the volcano worshipers are also not as bad as TV makes out either, I give them all equal consideration
Hank

Compton, CA

#185437 Mar 29, 2013
God bless America!
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185438 Mar 29, 2013
mrsk wrote:
So WHAT'S NEXT?, because you know this isn't over, who else is going to come out of the woodwork and hop on this bandwagon. Polygamist? Adults wanting to marry children? Minors wanting to marry other minors? People wanting to marry their pets? Oh, and what about marrying oneself? I mean how far will this be taken in the future? I know one thing, I want it kept out of public schools and High School Health classes, and that's not me being hateful because I don't hate the homosexuals and I'm not scared of them.
Agreed. They have no business teaching and promoting aberrant sexual behavior to our young, all so that they can benefit, financially.
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185439 Mar 29, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Tommy
Not just the Bible as he pointed out. It happens in all religions to some extent. Like V said, most Muslims are not the picture we see on TV. Well, I think he meant that. And the message of the Bible is not what Church you attend or how you look or your lifestyle, it's a personal relationship with Him. And it's not our job to judge others. Someone being gay doesn't bother me. People can disagree on gay marriage and still be in support of equal rights in my opinion. But if it happens, it won't bother me unless some Churches get sued for refusing to perform the ceremony.
it is true!

religious fanatics are all over the world.

thats why ill take constitutional law over sharia, judaic or biblical law.

my favorite amendment is the tenth...

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#185440 Mar 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
And the volcano worshipers are also not as bad as TV makes out either, I give them all equal consideration
and the puddle of crud worshipers and famous atheist like pol pot and Stalin are not as bad as other atheist make them out to be. I have no problem if you want to worship the puddle, just keep it away from my kids. I don't have enough faith to believe in that fairy tale.

Elk Grove, CA

#185441 Mar 29, 2013
Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
it is true!
religious fanatics are all over the world.
thats why ill take constitutional law over sharia, judaic or biblical law.
my favorite amendment is the tenth...
So are atheist fanatics.
Tommy cochrane

Anderson, CA

#185442 Mar 29, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>The rulers in Government are exactly what you got, Gender and skin color qualified.
they are a reflection of the people ??

arnt they?? hillary and Obama??
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185443 Mar 29, 2013
I've had an epiphany! My god, a full blown revelation! We can all be haters, as long as we do it from the left side of the fence, and not the right side! How could I have been so blind? All the hate rant levelled at me has convinced me that I was wrong for picking my side to hate from. Since I wish to be a bigot, my transgression was to not be on the side of the gays. that would have made my bigotry perfectly acceptable. All of those names and insults that I have received have shown me how wrong I was, to have missed out on being a liberal. The hate-fueled rants have convinced me that the gays are really the lovers and peaceful ones. Silly me... Chongo has especially me shown the true way to practice tolerance. By his use of the children of some of the posters, he has shown me that his point of view is the correct one, the delicate one. By asking KiMare about abortion, he has shown me the practice of love at work. How could I have missed these valuable points?

Elk Grove, CA

#185444 Mar 29, 2013
Tommy cochrane wrote:
<quoted text>
they are a reflection of the people ??
arnt they?? hillary and Obama??
I want the best possible people running this country, not mirror images of gender and skin tones. I read your rant earlier about our next President needs to be a latino woman, if you really want to be fair, since the land was originally native Americans, the next leader needs to be that. Let's see how far that circus goes before we are no country anymore. We saw enough of Hilary's incompetence in Benghazi.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185445 Mar 29, 2013
Chongo, would you show me some more tolerance, by having me banned again? Please? Your suppression of my right to freedom of speech has taught me about the real use of the First Amendment.

Elk Grove, CA

#185446 Mar 29, 2013
Here's another Atheist nation leading the charge, go for it Big D and anderson, plus all pay scale is equal. Fair elections...

(Reuters)- North Korea said on Saturday it was entering a "state of war" with South Korea in a continuing escalation of tough rhetoric against Seoul and Washington after coming under international sanctions for its nuclear test.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185447 Mar 29, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I want the best possible people running this country, not mirror images of gender and skin tones. I read your rant earlier about our next President needs to be a latino woman, if you really want to be fair, since the land was originally native Americans, the next leader needs to be that. Let's see how far that circus goes before we are no country anymore. We saw enough of Hilary's incompetence in Benghazi.
No, we didn't see enough of it, yet. We'll see plenty more...

Elk Grove, CA

#185448 Mar 29, 2013
Let's not forget the Helicopter Crash in Afghanistan that Kills Members of SEAL Team 6 August 2011

Funny how the investigation was swept under the rug as to who leaked the information to the taliban?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185449 Mar 29, 2013
But, all joking aside, the Govt needed Benghazi to happen. They needed to have more fuel for the fires of demonization. The hatred towards the Muslims had waned, and they needed to rekindle the fires of Draconian Measures. They needed some new Congressional Acts to be ramrodded, and they needed to have some propaganda to throw at us, to fool the majority into silence.

http://arewelivinginthelastdays.com/news/vid/...
This was the result of Benghazi...The ability to force many in Congress to accept this type of legislation... "The (classified) is going to (classified) against the (classified)", etc... Remember that? Connect the dots. Cause And Effect, at work. Fabricated Cause to achieve Desired Effect. Terrorism 101. Establish an enemy, then institute smothering laws to subdue the populace.
mrsk

Rialto, CA

#185450 Mar 29, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
I've had an epiphany! My god, a full blown revelation! We can all be haters, as long as we do it from the left side of the fence, and not the right side! How could I have been so blind? All the hate rant levelled at me has convinced me that I was wrong for picking my side to hate from. Since I wish to be a bigot, my transgression was to not be on the side of the gays. that would have made my bigotry perfectly acceptable. All of those names and insults that I have received have shown me how wrong I was, to have missed out on being a liberal. The hate-fueled rants have convinced me that the gays are really the lovers and peaceful ones. Silly me... Chongo has especially me shown the true way to practice tolerance. By his use of the children of some of the posters, he has shown me that his point of view is the correct one, the delicate one. By asking KiMare about abortion, he has shown me the practice of love at work. How could I have missed these valuable points?
LOL! Now you know if you don't quote Harvey Milk and O.C. Allen it's a no no.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185451 Mar 29, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
Let's not forget the Helicopter Crash in Afghanistan that Kills Members of SEAL Team 6 August 2011
Funny how the investigation was swept under the rug as to who leaked the information to the taliban?
THAT was NO ACCIDENT! THAT was NOT random.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185452 Mar 29, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I want the best possible people running this country, not mirror images of gender and skin tones. I read your rant earlier about our next President needs to be a latino woman, if you really want to be fair, since the land was originally native Americans, the next leader needs to be that. Let's see how far that circus goes before we are no country anymore. We saw enough of Hilary's incompetence in Benghazi.
Don't annoy the bleeding heart liberals. We all know that skin color and gender count for more than actual competence, or experience. How can anyone run the country if they are not imbued with "instinctive" traces of common sense, such as those magically granted by ethnicity, or gender?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr big meech 16,010
Why Is There So Much Racial Tension In Hemet? (Oct '08) 3 hr sax 193
HemetFor now, judge won't block Hemet fire switch Mon EastEndResident 1
HemetHEMET: Firefighters want voters decide dep... Mon EastEndResident 3
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sep 28 No Time for Tea 5,084
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 27 Bucketeers 7,965
Diamond valley middle school Sep 25 Hopeing this is n... 1

Hemet News Video

Hemet Jobs

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hemet News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hemet

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]