Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
161,821 - 161,840 of 200,329 Comments Last updated 29 min ago
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

tea is served tognite!!

you guys sound compleatly hysterical, over the fact that you lost this one.

your lives WILL NOT change.

to think so is just silly!!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
What a lovely, yet meaningless metaphor. The right wing is cancerous. Cut it off.
Both wings are diseased. Cure them.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
<quoted text>
your arc of disbeliefe is entertaining!!
so now the scotus is ANTI-constittuional??
because they didnt agree with you??
sour grapes rock..
weve ALL had to live through decisions from them that we disagree with.....like bush vs gore or citizens united....
they arnt the activist body they were back in the good ole days of loving and roe.
now they are more conservative and generally refer to the states...
that is fine...
30 states have already banned it.
that leaves 20 states that might not.
But, I notice that you neglected to address the post addressing the issue of Constitutional prevention of the FED, as per decreeing marriage laws? Was this an oversight on your part, or did you find it impossible to scoff at the idea that the SCOTUS has no power to make any kind of ruling outside of its jurisdiction?
Arc of disbelief? That's a knee-slapper. The SCOTUS will be acting in an unconstitutional manner if it attempts to enact any kind of national decision pertaining to marriage laws, yes. We have had to live through decisions from them that we have disagreed on, but decisions that they were empowered to make, not like now. 20 that are not on your "I love XXXXXXXXXXXXX" list, I might add. Only 9 states actually give you what you want, and that is a small percentage. "they arnt the activist body"? That's a riot, they are more activist now, than they ever were, when they were unbiased. Unaffected by blatant and shallow lobbying. Immune to the filthy infiltration of a minority of libertines, as they are now.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
"we are slowly becoming a gulag"
really??
this is actually a pretty free country by most standards...
especially soviet standards(you cited a gulag)
what do you care what the rest of us think??
no one is trying to denounce you......
im just trying to get across, that you MIGHT be on the wrong side of history......
just like with roe, loving, brown ect ect...
all decisions that you social conservatives were AGAINST!!
Oh? What is my opinion on Roe V Wade? And Loving V Virginia? I don't care about what the rest of us think, I care about how we conduct our public selves. Think what you wish.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

This SSM argument isn't about marriage, it's about government benefits. Admit that, and we have some common ground upon which to stand.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, this bird ain't flyin', for whatever reason...

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, tell me that you haven't run out of steam, and have nothing left , except for the same old lame Chongo-esque taunts and insults used so often by brain-dead Chongo?
Are you serious, I know heís your new man crush and all, but, canít you see the hypocrisy of his/her/itís posts? Either heís lying about being a freak or lying about being a freak. Either way, heís a liar and a liar. Not to mention, he posts scientific THEORY as fact, and you sheep just eat it up without question. I had a bit of respect for you when you were a bigot just because you were a bigot, but, itís when you try to glom onto his deceptions that you lose all respectability. Why is it so important to you that you have common unity with your fellow haters?

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Oh, pshaw, Public opinion is being ignored, trampled and dictated to us. I have plenty to fear, when truth is distorted and rewritten by the official sources, in spite of the real truth. It is a mark of tyranny and dictatorship beginning to rear its ugly head.
Thatís what all haters say when they are losing. Grow up, you big baby. Haters like you are a diminishing sort. Not everything that you donít like is a conspiracy. And, the only tyranny here is your obsessive and hysterical posts.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks SheeVoH. Fair assessment.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention, he posts scientific THEORY as fact,
Don't use big words you don't understand Marram.

A "Scientific Theory" is a generally accepted explanation for an occurrence that is based on repeated testing. While it can be dis-proven with the addition of new evidence, your use of the word is incorrect.

Perhaps you should have used Hypothesis?

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

This SSM argument isn't about marriage, it's about government benefits. Admit that, and we have some common ground upon which to stand.
Itís about equality fool. You a-wipes are the ones who backed us into a corner. Now weíre fighting back and kicking your ---es and thereís nothing you can do to stop us but whine like a bunch of sniveling wimps. Donít like it, too bad mo-fo. The tide has turned and itís raining on you haters. Weíre smarter, better educated, organized and pissed off and we wonít stop until we have everything we want and maybe more. And all you can do is sit there and watch and run your toothless ignorant mouth. I suggest you got have another drink and beat your wife, maybe then youíll feel like a man.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Thatís what all haters say when they are losing. Grow up, you big baby. Haters like you are a diminishing sort. Not everything that you donít like is a conspiracy. And, the only tyranny here is your obsessive and hysterical posts.
"Haters"? Hmmmmm.....kind of proves Rock's point. Disagree with the leftist orthodoxy, their secular sacred cow, same sex marriage, and one is labeled a "hater".

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

http://politics.gather.com/viewArticle.action...

Justice Sonia Sotomayor was questioning former U.S. Solicitor General Ted Olson, a pro-gay marriage Republican. She brought up a very interesting question during the exchange: If gay marriage is legal, what about polygamy?

Sotomayor asked, "If you say that marriage is a fundamental right, what state restrictions could ever exist?" before referencing "polygamy and incest among adults," as reported by Matt Canham of the Salt Lake Tribune. The argument is an illustration of a broader issue about the culture of American society. To agree that gay marriage is indeed protected by the "equal protection" clause in the Constitution, wouldn't the same apply for all consenting adult relationships?

Justice Sonia Sotomayor's thought-provoking question was echoed by Bishop Harry Jackson, a minister at Hope Christian Church in Beltsville, Md. He believes that "the real issue is the religious liberty issue and the issue of whether we can practice marriage as we believe it on an ongoing basis," and further stated that if same-sex marriage "is allowed to be mandated by fiat...then, right behind it, polygamy and many other forms of marriage will automatically sweep the land within just a matter of a few years." Advocates of legalizing gay marriage, as opposed to offering a compromise of "civil unions," which they argue is no different than "separate but equal" should consider this question.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Oh? What is my opinion on Roe V Wade? And Loving V Virginia? I don't care about what the rest of us think, I care about how we conduct our public selves. Think what you wish.
i "wish" for marraige equality...

and ill have to settle for only a portion of the states covered.

which for now, i can deal with...

what do our "public selves" have to do with people getting their equal rights granted...??

what do the "public selves' of gay people who want to marry have to do with you???

or me??
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Itís about equality fool. You a-wipes are the ones who backed us into a corner. Now weíre fighting back and kicking your ---es and thereís nothing you can do to stop us but whine like a bunch of sniveling wimps. Donít like it, too bad mo-fo. The tide has turned and itís raining on you haters. Weíre smarter, better educated, organized and pissed off and we wonít stop until we have everything we want and maybe more. And all you can do is sit there and watch and run your toothless ignorant mouth. I suggest you got have another drink and beat your wife, maybe then youíll feel like a man.
that was really good.

check out the current issue of "time" magazine.

they have an article on wife beaters, laid out JUST like a national geograpic article(im not kidding)

you know?? where they show pictures inside some white trash residence, with pictures of this tattoed red neck ACTUALLY beating his wife!!

a pile of pabst blue riboon in the corner..

Im looking forward to the tolerant future....

and a shortage of hater(as they die off)

and greater understanding of some of the things people need to learn more about before making rash judgements on.

it will be great!!
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious, I know heís your new man crush and all, but, canít you see the hypocrisy of his/her/itís posts? Either heís lying about being a freak or lying about being a freak. Either way, heís a liar and a liar. Not to mention, he posts scientific THEORY as fact, and you sheep just eat it up without question. I had a bit of respect for you when you were a bigot just because you were a bigot, but, itís when you try to glom onto his deceptions that you lose all respectability. Why is it so important to you that you have common unity with your fellow haters?
why do they need unity with their fellow haters??

I think you already nailed it before....

they are getting their sorry a&&es kicked on this issue, like WE knew well they would.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
But, I have posted them before, and you have ignored them before, as you are doing now. True to form, and, you're a fine one to whine about cheap jabs. Go and tell someone to give their kid a pearl necklace.
I'll take that to mean you know you don't have a good argument against gay marriage, and you are just bigoted against gay people. If you did have a good argument, you post it, after all, Bigfoot, I'm not the only one who can see your posts.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
how are basic rights a trophy??
are a deluded old man??
You said you hurt your back when you were 15 and now you are an old man? The rights are already in place without marriage. What's funny is how the bong can decide everyone's age here....lol

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of silly question, I answer that every time I post.
'Monster mutation' Clearly major genetic mistakes.
If I can admit that, why are you such a sissy about admitting a epi-marker mistaken mark?
Smirk.
Do you think you should have been aborted?
What good are you?
:)

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
yet 58% of the population WANTS gay marraige.

it is time to wake up OLD man.
Did we vote or did the advocate do a poll? How old am I? are you? You are the idiot that says he has a slip disk at age 15 and has done nothing but smoke pot, hey fool pot won't cure a slip disk, I'm assuming you are 17 now? Because after 2 years if it's not better, you need surgery, or did u wait too long relying on pot to fix it? Now it's fuked for life. dumb you.

The justicesí voting
behavior is largely a product of their own ideological pref-
erences. Not the public opinion

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 7 hr cathyjudy 7,838
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 13 hr Mis kites 15,915
Vacationing family loses thousands in bicycle t... Wed Donny B 5
Black Hair salon in hemet Wed Chris 43
topix needs to remove ads Wed ads 5
Annoying Teachers! (Aug '11) Wed underpaid 72
Illegal immigrants in Menifee Wed thot 13
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
Hemet Dating

more search filters

less search filters