Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#185318 Mar 28, 2013
akaidiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal Right's do not always result in Equal Outcomes.
Equal Right's do? Buzz cut? Afro? Mullet?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#185319 Mar 28, 2013
hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
<quoted text>

then your a crusty old man who is OUTA touch with current trends.
that is obvious with your bigoted stance on gay marriage.
no one has EVER presented a cohearant arguement on why gays shouldnt marry.
Sorry pot head, I have respect for old people. I'm not a bigot like you. Stop drinking the hater aid. does the bong make all that hate come out?

Santa Monica, CA

#185320 Mar 28, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
But everyone IS treated equally under the law.
Not true.
A man is allowed to marry a woman, but a woman isn't.
A woman is allowed to marry a man, but a man isn't.
akpilot wrote:
Look Rose, people with an actual law degree
Unlike you. LOL!
akpilot wrote:
who's opinion matter's- unlike yours- explained it to you.
"Plaintiffs cite Loving for the proposition that a statute can discriminate even if it treats both classes identically. This misconstrues the Loving analysis because the antimiscegenation statute did not treat blacks and whites identically—it restricted who whites could marry (but did not restrict intermarriage between non-whites) for the purpose of promoting white supremacy. Virginia's antimiscegenation statute was the quintessential example of invidious racial discrimination as it was intended to advantage one race and disadvantage all others, which is why the Supreme Court applied strict scrutiny and struck it down as violating the core interest of the Equal Protection Clause.
In contrast, neither men nor women are disproportionately disadvantaged or burdened by the fact that New York's Domestic Relations Law allows only opposite-sex couples to marry—both genders are treated precisely the same way.
They are now. Gay marriage is allowed in NY. Try to keep up, stupid.
akpilot wrote:
As such, there is no gender [*16]classification triggering intermediate scrutiny.
Nor does the statutory scheme create a classification based on sexual orientation. In this respect, the Domestic Relations Law is facially neutral: individuals who seek marriage licenses are not queried concerning their sexual orientation and are not precluded from marrying if they are not heterosexual. Regardless of sexual orientation, any person can marry a person of the opposite sex. "- Hernandez v Robles
You really should get your GED before you attempt to interpret the law Rose.
I pass gas better educated than you are. You don't have a single earned degree. Admit it.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#185321 Mar 28, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You took an extension class on the Constitution, and think you "educated".
I'm much better educated than you. It's funny, really.
Rose_NoHo.

Yes. I agree. Not mentioning any names, of course, but anyone who "believes" the currently prevailing myth that the founding fathers had anything to do with the Republican's infamous 14th Amendment that did so much damage to the nation when high paid agenda driven Government judges departed from the Constitution to inflict their "Brown" dictate - as well as fostering the preposterous notion of Homosexual "marriage" - should take a beginning course in the Constitution. We dog lovers, though, can take heart knowing that we are next.

Ronald

Santa Monica, CA

#185322 Mar 28, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
This SSM argument isn't about marriage, it's about government benefits. Admit that, and we have some common ground upon which to stand.
Bigfoot, if it were just about government benefits, gay people would just marry someone of the opposite sex. So, it should be clear, even to a dummy like you, that it's not just about government benefits.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185323 Mar 28, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>A slip disk heals in 2 years or you need surgery. Smoking pot won't cure it fool. How old am I? I'm not old, but I have respect for elder folks. Even gays get old. Is that your best hate speech calling a person you have no idea the age "old"...lol
wasnt this thread about gay marraige...??

richardo...just to let you know...

there are a WHOLE slew of things that gay people joined in "UNIONS" dont enjoy the same way married people do....

look them up and get back to me...

you are such a lazy study...
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185324 Mar 29, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Well said, Hemp is proof that we need to take a further look into making pot illegal.
POT is illegal.....if you dont have a doctors recommendation.

it has been decriminalized in some some states, so that you wont get trouble for a small amount.

further criminalizing drugs will not work...prohibition hasnt worked from the start.. the proof is that weed is more popular and availible than ever.....

wait, I thought you wanted marijuana made legal??

because you thought the whole medical thing was a guise for people to get high...??

you lieterally change your opinion according to who you are talking to.

no moring at all!!

amazing!
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185325 Mar 29, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Did we vote or did the advocate do a poll? How old am I? are you? You are the idiot that says he has a slip disk at age 15 and has done nothing but smoke pot, hey fool pot won't cure a slip disk, I'm assuming you are 17 now? Because after 2 years if it's not better, you need surgery, or did u wait too long relying on pot to fix it? Now it's fuked for life. dumb you.
The justices’ voting
behavior is largely a product of their own ideological pref-
erences. Not the public opinion
that is not what most people gathered from the proceeedings...

considering you refuse to listen to them....??

you cant know much about what happened?

so ill tell ya..

all your arguements were literally laughed out of court....

both days.

this has been fun, i thank you for entertaining me by being so bassackwards....

you make me realize how evolved i am comaped to some..

Ps: im watching lincoln right now...

the bigots in the movie who are against the 13th amendment, sound just like you guys do.

regardless of party.....both party were full of bigots.

it is amazing they passed it.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185326 Mar 29, 2013
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
Yes. I agree. Not mentioning any names, of course, but anyone who "believes" the currently prevailing myth that the founding fathers had anything to do with the Republican's infamous 14th Amendment that did so much damage to the nation when high paid agenda driven Government judges departed from the Constitution to inflict their "Brown" dictate - as well as fostering the preposterous notion of Homosexual "marriage" - should take a beginning course in the Constitution. We dog lovers, though, can take heart knowing that we are next.
Ronald
lunatic fringe??

I know your out there.

your in hiding......and you go to your meetings...
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185327 Mar 29, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You are a sissy because you make a statement then back down when another gay person, a pothead says comparing gay lifestyle to animals is bigot language. Did you make a mistake saying that? Or did another gay man make you back down? no pun intended.
what else am I supposed to call you when you compare human beings to dogs??

racists do that to black people...

you are no different.

bigot.

fascist.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185328 Mar 29, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You took an extension class on the Constitution, and think you "educated".
I'm much better educated than you. It's funny, really.
amazing enough, just about everybody here is sharper than AK...

nicer too, even reichardo.

reichardo is just having a rough night. he gets this way when i tool him up and down on why he is bigoted..

this week wasnt the best for the bigots, you understand....

I know you do..

cheers
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185329 Mar 29, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You are a sissy because you make a statement then back down when another gay person, a pothead says comparing gay lifestyle to animals is bigot language. Did you make a mistake saying that? Or did another gay man make you back down? no pun intended.
you are still convinced everybody who is passionate about civil rights??

is gay??

wow!!

we must have more gays than we thought!!(sarc)

entertaining reich.....entertaining!
Gaffes

La Puente, CA

#185330 Mar 29, 2013
What do ya do when they happen?

“Dont hate cuz u aint me”

Since: Dec 09

Lynwood

#185331 Mar 29, 2013
Gay marriage should be legal everywhere

“"Secular Humanism Rocks"”

Since: Feb 13

Waco Texas

#185332 Mar 29, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Well said, Hemp is proof that we need to take a further look into making pot illegal.
Well hay oh great ignorant one! Maybe you should educate yourself on the medicinal and medical properties of Cannabis! There are many legitimate uses for Pot and it can be of great help to those who are suffering from medical conditions like Cancer, glaucoma,and really to many others to name in a post! It also helps immensely in cancer patients going through chemo and radiation therapy who have no appetites where pot helps stimulate! Many people who suffer from chronic pain use it also and again it is of great help to them,so don't judge!You sound like a very bitter whatever but maybe like I said do a little reading on the subject before you spout off like this! The answer is NO we need to look into the further uses of Pot as a medicinal thing! The honest truth is that it's a lot less harmful than alcohol is and doesn't do the damage that alcohol does! Ban pot? How did trying to ban alcohol work out for the country? You sound as I said like a bitter uneducated fool!
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#185333 Mar 29, 2013
<quoted text>
what else am I supposed to call you when you compare human beings to dogs??
racists do that to black people...
you are no different.
bigot.
fascist.
hemp for telelgraphs.

Yes. My African and non-African Homosexual friends often tell me they observe Homosexual behavior in the animal kind. Take my honey, Bowser, for example. Not only does he love me, but I consider him to be my best and most faithful friend as well.

Ronald
Gaffes

La Puente, CA

#185334 Mar 29, 2013
The gaffers keep on rolling along.

“Dont hate cuz u aint me”

Since: Dec 09

Lynwood

#185335 Mar 29, 2013
So happy for my friends and family who are gay i support and love and cherish them
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#185336 Mar 29, 2013
<quoted text>
that is not what most people gathered from the proceeedings...
considering you refuse to listen to them....??
you cant know much about what happened?
so ill tell ya..
all your arguements were literally laughed out of court....
both days.
this has been fun, i thank you for entertaining me by being so bassackwards....
you make me realize how evolved i am comaped to some..
Ps: im watching lincoln right now...
the bigots in the movie who are against the 13th amendment, sound just like you guys do.
regardless of party.....both party were full of bigots.
it is amazing they passed it.
hemp for telelgraphs.

I wish my Homosexual friends and the lesbians would get their history from some source other than the Government licensed Big Movie industry. For example, Big Government is now promoting the idea that the Republican's 13th Amendment "abolished slavery". Nothing could be farther from the truth. Until the Republicans imposed their 13th Amendment,- which expressly established the constitutionality of slavery - the Constitution never expressly permitted slavery.

Ronald
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185337 Mar 29, 2013
No Harm No Foul wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hay oh great ignorant one! Maybe you should educate yourself on the medicinal and medical properties of Cannabis! There are many legitimate uses for Pot and it can be of great help to those who are suffering from medical conditions like Cancer, glaucoma,and really to many others to name in a post! It also helps immensely in cancer patients going through chemo and radiation therapy who have no appetites where pot helps stimulate! Many people who suffer from chronic pain use it also and again it is of great help to them,so don't judge!You sound like a very bitter whatever but maybe like I said do a little reading on the subject before you spout off like this! The answer is NO we need to look into the further uses of Pot as a medicinal thing! The honest truth is that it's a lot less harmful than alcohol is and doesn't do the damage that alcohol does! Ban pot? How did trying to ban alcohol work out for the country? You sound as I said like a bitter uneducated fool!
he is the kinda guy who educates himself, then magically de-educates himself, once he is talking to one of his lunatic fringe buddies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How come all Hemet sex offenders addresses aren... (Dec '08) 14 hr lARRY mILLER9626 12
Review: R G Deck Coatings Inc 15 hr Annonymous 1
San Jacinto Woman Accused of Stabbing Boyfriend... Wed lupita garcia 1
corruption with Riverside county CPS Wed Chris 10
One of Two Suspects Arrested in Jack-in-the-Box... Dec 23 Amazed 12
San JacintoUnlock parks, San Jacinto residents say Dec 22 SJskin 1
Water main Break Shadow Mountain Way Dec 22 hemetone 2

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE