Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
161,741 - 161,760 of 200,325 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
<quoted text>
m not exactly a "hemp head' as hekp and cannabis are two related, but different plants...
I DO have a medical recomendation to use MMj for slipped disks in my back, suffered when i was 15.
I'm sorry to have referred to you as "hemp head". That's what the other guy called you in a comment to me. I knew that you and I hadn't spoken before, so I used that name in my comment back to him.

He was simply trying to stir things up between two people who are on the same side of the issue.

When I see your TOPIX name I think of Berkeley, CA. I lived in the San Francisco for 15 years.

Cheers...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well what is happening is that the republican leadership is starting to realize that they cannot have the Limbaugh's and O'Reilly's leading the party down the road to oblivion
The Tea Party is part of the problem with being the party of stupid.
It is a civil war within the party, they only have 2 choices, leave the idiots vetting their candidates ( which is the road to oblivion ) or shed them and start working on more serious, and viable candidates that are willing to work with both sides of the isle.
The tea party stupid because they want a balanced budget?

No wonder you thing redumbant gendered couples are the same as marriage...

Big D for dumb and denial.

Smirk.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I guess it's okay for another gay dude to say it's wrong what you said. Stop acting like a sissy. Stand up for what you believe in.
When I stand up, I am 6'5", 250#s of pure and proud SISSY! Take your attempts at shame somewhere else. It won't fly up my skirt...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
More and more people are realizing there just isn't a rational argument against gay marriage. Even people who don't like the idea are realizing that.
No, that is a lie. You just choose to ignore the rational, well-thought out, and clearly-presented arguments, just as the child ignores the reasons that their parents deny them cookies right before dinner, mean old parents...

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Randy for -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a war on gays, merely telling them "no". It is not a war on children to tell them "no", either. And if it takes a Constitutional Ban to render a definitive statement about marriage, then so be it. Someone, somewhere, has to talk sense, and if it takes that, then it's long past time. Not a war, merely a reminder, about the need for common sense to prevail.
Equal rights go against common sense?

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know your post has nothing to do with mine?
There are many examples in nature of genetic mistakes. I mean epigenetic epi-marker mistakes.
Smile.
Dear Kim...

My post has everything to do with your posts. It is from THE ORIGINAL U.S. News article that you keep referring to. Maybe you didn't see that the "Rice" you keep referring to is he same "Rice" that wrote the piece I quoted. I gave you the link so you could read it yourself. I'm sure you won't because you're not interested in the REALITY of the topic.

Pull your skirt down, dear, you ignorance is showing...

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're certainly an authority on what dogs do, with cat poo...
And you are certainly an ignoramus when it comes to animals, just like you are about everything else.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Hey, Chongo, all of my posts after #185202 are lacking in Lucky Charms, can you help a brother out and hook me up some mo'? Break me awf a few mo' Lucky Judgits?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal rights go against common sense?
Not at all. The Constitution enumerates the rights that we all, as Americans have. It does not mention marriage.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yeah, yeah, a typo. And don't forget "what I meant to write...". you have no arguments, at least in the classic sense of the word. you have insults, like "should you have been aborted" and "go back to giving your kids pearl necklaces" and your favorite "your mom gave out a backdoor pass", that's always accurate.... Stupid Chongo, there'll be no bananas.....for you.
Bigfoot, you are so dumb you can't even figure your way around that typo.
And why do you racists call black people monkeys when monkeys have light skin, straight hair, thin lips and flat butts?

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes, that's almost certainly "thoughtful and insightful". a great post, based upon rationality and intellect. Hell, Chongo, you have certainly outdone yourself this time, I do believe that you finally surpassed the cat poo in IQ points....
Too bad you haven't, Bigfoot!

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Not at all. The Constitution enumerates the rights that we all, as Americans have. It does not mention marriage.
I know you are really stupid, but the Constitution mentions equal protection under the law. And that includes the laws covering marriage.
Duh, Bigfoot.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Not a war on gays, merely telling them "no". It is not a war on children to tell them "no", either. And if it takes a Constitutional Ban to render a definitive statement about marriage, then so be it. Someone, somewhere, has to talk sense, and if it takes that, then it's long past time. Not a war, merely a reminder, about the need for common sense to prevail.
still clinging to

the "common sense'

arguement?? AGAIN?

religious common sense??

moral common sense..

the constitution protects me from your MORAL veiws..

quit pushing them on others..

all gays want is to do marry, and it will cost you NOTHING!

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
In six months they'll verify.
Soon after, they'll develop an eraser for mistaken epi-marker marks.
Read the follow-up comments.
Did you mean left handed or limp brained?
Smirk.
Have any of the scientists who have had anything to do with the study said ANYTHING about developing "an eraser" (please God, give this man a brain) for "mistaken epi-marker marks" (hurry up God, he's slipping fast)?

Please show ANY potential studies planned that will end homosexuality based on "epi-marker marks"

I believe your poor lexicography skills are an example of an epigentic marker mistake. I will dip into my swear jar and begin a study to cure you immediately! Help is on the way!!

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
In six months they'll verify.
Soon after, they'll develop an eraser for mistaken epi-marker marks.
Read the follow-up comments.
Did you mean left handed or limp brained?
Smirk.
Monster, they can test to see if a fetus is a chimera or not, right?
Do you think people would choose to abort them?
:)
Lilith_Satans_wh o_re

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Monster, they can test to see if a fetus is a chimera or not, right?
Do you think people would choose to abort them?
:)
Hola sweetie

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
No, that is a lie. You just choose to ignore the rational, well-thought out, and clearly-presented arguments, just as the child ignores the reasons that their parents deny them cookies right before dinner, mean old parents...
IOW, there isn't a rational argument against gay marriage, Bigfoot. That's why you didn't post one, and just made silly jabs at me.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Lilith_Satans_who_re wrote:
<quoted text>Hola sweetie
Back at ya.:)

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
When I stand up, I am 6'5", 250#s of pure and proud SISSY! Take your attempts at shame somewhere else. It won't fly up my skirt...
I didn't mean it in a physical sense. What does your size have to do with your bravery? You made a comparison of gays to animals in their behavior, the pot head said anyone that does that is a bigot, it's funny to see how a gay club member gets the queen light. lol. lol....Shows what a bigot you are.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
<quoted text>

all gays want is to do marry, and it will cost you NOTHING!
Yeah we get it, they want that trophy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 19 hr Ocean 7,835
Vacationing family loses thousands in bicycle t... 20 hr Donny B 5
Black Hair salon in hemet Wed Chris 43
topix needs to remove ads Wed ads 5
Annoying Teachers! (Aug '11) Wed underpaid 72
Illegal immigrants in Menifee Wed thot 13
Support the 2nd Amendment? Vote for Chad Bianco... Wed what 2
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 24 at 2:28AM PDT