Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,038

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185176 Mar 28, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, they take turns, every 8 years.
not if the tea turds get their way...

like i said, were eagerly awaiting for you to put forth a 'real conservative" .....then you can see how much america likes that FAR reich wing corporate/soclially oppresive agenda..

you rethugs will be wooped soundly.

but we still need to keep you around(in a petri dish), to show future generations what NOT TO DO.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185177 Mar 28, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I ever talk to Hemp Head? I think you're just trying to stir things up. Probably not a good idea.
m not exactly a "hemp head' as hekp and cannabis are two related, but different plants...

I DO have a medical recomendation to use MMj for slipped disks in my back, suffered when i was 15.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#185178 Mar 28, 2013
hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
<quoted text>
not if the tea turds get their way...
like i said, were eagerly awaiting for you to put forth a 'real conservative" .....then you can see how much america likes that FAR reich wing corporate/soclially oppresive agenda..
you rethugs will be wooped soundly.
but we still need to keep you around(in a petri dish), to show future generations what NOT TO DO.
I wish they finally would run that "real conservative" and get it out of their system

It will be the landslide of the century against them
Big D

Modesto, CA

#185179 Mar 28, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
The founders didn't disagree, they wrote Article V.
The problem is you don't want to use the process, you want to bypass the Amendment process and the States and simply use the court.
please point to the post where I said I wanted to bypass the process.

or admit you are lying ( or making an ass out of yourself by assuming )

thanks

I think the process is a good one, used quite a number of times successfully ( and even more times unsuccessfully ) as it should be

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#185180 Mar 28, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful what you say. Our politics swing like a pendulum. Eventually the "other" party takes over. It isn't because the "other" party has come up with a spectacular solution for the problems at hand, it is because the one with the most power has done such a spectactular job of disappointing us.
Remember boys and girls the American Eagle has two wings, a left and a right, both are needed for it to fly. Hempty Dumbty wants to cut off the right wing and keep the eagle grounded.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#185183 Mar 28, 2013
we don't need to prove why queers should get the same rights as hetero married coulples. It is proof enough that queers lived in closets for the better part of their lives, that in itself says its wrong.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185186 Mar 28, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
What a lovely, yet meaningless metaphor. The right wing is cancerous. Cut it off.
my favorite un-exsupportable metaphor from a right winger??

mike huckabee compared letting gays legally marry to lowering a basket ball hoop from 8 to 6 feet.

another methaphor for gay marraige being LESS THAN equal(in their eyes) to staright marriage.

go figure.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185187 Mar 28, 2013
Bruno wrote:
we don't need to prove why queers should get the same rights as hetero married coulples. It is proof enough that queers lived in closets for the better part of their lives, that in itself says its wrong.
you are a typical example of why education in this nation needs a huge overhaul, and LOTs of money..
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185188 Mar 28, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember boys and girls the American Eagle has two wings, a left and a right, both are needed for it to fly. Hempty Dumbty wants to cut off the right wing and keep the eagle grounded.
that is up to your party!!

how irrelevant you become is entirly up to people like you.

if you keep up with the campaign of exclusion...

like voter supression, vaginal probes, union busting, medicare voucherzing?

you guys keep pushing for tax breaks for the wealthy...

the war on Gays is classic!! there are still people on your side talking about a constittuional ban on Same sex marriage.

start by being more inclusive to gays, minorities and women.....

then you might have a chance...

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#185189 Mar 28, 2013
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
That's easy for the Homosexual and non-Homosexual "Blacks" and the lesbians to say, but how long are we dog lovers going to be denied our RIGHT to marry the Honeys of our own choosing? How would YOU like to be a "second class citizen", as well as having to suffer the H8ate of the majority?
Ronald
Sorry, Ronald, dogs eat cat poop out of the box, but they do have some standards. No dog would marry you.

Santa Monica, CA

#185190 Mar 28, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You marriage???
It was a typo, stupid.
You can't counter my arguments, so you pick at typos.
LOLSER!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#185191 Mar 28, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
What a lovely, yet meaningless metaphor. The right wing is cancerous. Cut it off.
"Golly gee Mr. Cleaver, how is the American eagles suppose to fly if we cut off it's right wing/".

"It won't Eddie, it just start flapping its left wing so much that before you know it, it will just tire itself out and eventually die"

"That's awful Mr. Cleaver, I hope no one is ignorant enough to cut off the American eagle's right, or left wing".

"Let's hope not Eddie, sadly there are some folks out there whose thinking is far too political, treating those that have a differnt view, from them, as the enemy. They'd cut their own nose off to spite their face".

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#185192 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
mike huckabee compared letting gays legally marry to lowering a basket ball hoop from 8 to 6 feet.
another methaphor for gay marraige being LESS THAN equal(in their eyes) to staright marriage.
go figure.
Hempty Dumbty

It's either same sex marriage, or opposite sex marriage. There are opposite sex marriages of "mixed orientation", unless of course you're implying that those marriages are inferior to other marriages.

Santa Monica, CA

#185193 Mar 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!
It simply exposes the ignorant bigotry of their position. A mindless opposition to anyone who disagrees with their demands. Childish and silly.
Smile.
Disagreeing with people and monsters who are against equal rights is not mindless. Wanting to deny people equal rights for no good reason is childish and silly.

Do you have bolts on your neck?:)
Hey, you say you are a monster.

Santa Monica, CA

#185194 Mar 28, 2013
More and more people are realizing there just isn't a rational argument against gay marriage. Even people who don't like the idea are realizing that.
carly shay

United States

#185195 Mar 28, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So am I, but many of the people here can only be happy if they make other people unhappy.
That is thier goal
I totally Agree with they don't care about any body these days
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185196 Mar 28, 2013
Ninteen more wrote:
http://signon.org/sign/please- investigate-the-1.fb24?source= c.fb&r_by=498540
There are at least two people who told me they signed the petition but their signatures are not on the list. Please check the list if you signed the petition to make sure your name is there?
Thank you for caring and trying to help me and these other 62 families.
"Thanks for signing! Now, pass it on.

Now that you've signed, help it grow by clicking the buttons below and asking your friends, family, and colleagues to sign." Hope it helps.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#185197 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
that is up to your party!!
Oh but of course, its always the "other guy or gal" who has to change.
how irrelevant you become is entirly up to people like you.
if you keep up with the campaign of exclusion...
"Campaign of exclusion"? Hmmmmmm....and those who dissent from the orthodoxy of the democratic left, are called, "bigots", "Uncle Toms", "traitors", etc. Remember this is the party that had Reverend Al as a candidate for president.
like voter supression,
Uhhhh...huh
vaginal probes,

Ahhh yes the abortion issue.
union busting,
These aren't the same unions that channel millions of dollars of union dues to overwhelmingly deomcratic candidates, even if not all union members, agree with that?
you guys keep pushing for tax breaks for the wealthy...
Define wealthy? What percentage of Americans pay no federal income tax?
the war on Gays is classic!!
Seriously, "war on Gays"? Oh madone!
there are still people on your side talking about a constittuional ban on Same sex marriage.
Would that constituional ban only ban ssm, or would it also ban polygamy as well?
start by being more inclusive to gays, minorities and women.....
then you might have a chance...
What specific minorities are you refering to? Ethnic minorities, racial minorities, religious minorities, sexual minorities, etc?

Remember not everyone voted for Obama, Romney received 60 million plus votes. It wasn't a slam dunk.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185198 Mar 28, 2013
Cements wrote:
You mean BUSH is going to blow us all again?
....Jeb. Get used to it, now, so that it will not be so painful on the day ...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#185200 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
go figure.
A highly accurate metaphor, if you ask me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 58 min Misty Me 7,968
Do you approve of Jeff Stone as Supervisor? (Oct '11) 3 hr EastEndResident 10
Do you approve of Robert Youssef as Council Mem... 3 hr EastEndResident 2
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 16 hr do it here 16,011
Why Is There So Much Racial Tension In Hemet? (Oct '08) 23 hr sax 193
HemetFor now, judge won't block Hemet fire switch Mon EastEndResident 1
HemetHEMET: Firefighters want voters decide dep... Mon EastEndResident 3

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match

Hemet Jobs

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hemet News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hemet

Personal Finance