Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,058)

Showing posts 161,141 - 161,160 of199,126
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#184549
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, Christians are on the right side of science in agreeing that marriage is distinct from ss couples.
Ironic isn't it.
Smirk.
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
well, hmm. not exactly. many christian churches and denominations and other faiths are accepting homosexuals as clergy. many are also performing same sex marriages.
i know, this is about as disturbing to the "conservative" sects as allowing women to become preachers and pastors back in the 70s was. but they all continue.
and you might take note of the pre research study regarding faith in america. take particular attention to the numbers of the more conservative denominations that are falling at a greater pace than that of more "liberal" denominations (read : those that are on opposing sides of the same sex marriage debate).
good luck kimar. you'll be needing it.
Quite a stretch to say 'many'. The reality is that it is a shrinking minority who are a shadow of the substance and number of their heritage.

Please, why not post the specific survey? Might not say what you claim. Again.

Snicker.
Less Problems

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#184550
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Cyprus strikes last-minute EU bailout deal
Agreement set to involve heavy losses for wealthy investors, while those with savings under €100,000 will be spared.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#184551
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as gay 'marriage'.
The minute you apply the word to ss couples, it no longer has the original meaning, and is diluted to simply a friendship.
Looks like the joke is on you...
Snicker.
then don't get gay married if it has no meaning to you.

you make your own marriage. just like anyone else does in their own marriage. if your marriage is diluted because some stranger across the street marries a same sex partner, or someone across town or across the state....that's pretty sad for you and a lousy excuse to use because you're not happy with marriage.

try again. you won't succeed. but try again.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#184552
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, Christians are on the right side of science in agreeing that marriage is distinct from ss couples.
Ironic isn't it.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Quite a stretch to say 'many'. The reality is that it is a shrinking minority who are a shadow of the substance and number of their heritage.
Please, why not post the specific survey? Might not say what you claim. Again.
Snicker.
Thousands of churches, there are over 120,000 legal same sex marriages in the US today

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#184553
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
no, really, no bullshit.
the reality is that the tea partiers and republicans don't want their money going to help the needy. they want the money in their pockets. otherwise there wouldn't be the debate about the budget and taxation.
yea, gee, that reality thing, when it bites ya on the arse, must really hurt. never had it happen to me so why don't you tell us how it feels there chumly?
First, I was referring to Christians.

Second, Tea Partiers want a balanced budget. A mandatory precursor to self-sufficiency.

Third, Republicans are in a same sex political marriage with liberals, big government and big business

As for arse's, keep in mind you can't fit a bent stick in a straight hole.

Smile.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#184554
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, Christians are on the right side of science in agreeing that marriage is distinct from ss couples.
Ironic isn't it.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Quite a stretch to say 'many'. The reality is that it is a shrinking minority who are a shadow of the substance and number of their heritage.
Please, why not post the specific survey? Might not say what you claim. Again.
Snicker.
LOL. you might want to read the public statements and the decisions made by the ELCA. they specifically mention science chum.

you want to know...then check with PEW RESEARCH. simple google search will get you there.

American denominations that accept and embrace homosexual members of the congregation and / or clergy:
United Church of Christ
Unity School of Christianity
Most Church of the Brethren groups
many but not all Anglican, United Methodist, Northern Baptist, and Congregational groups.
Reform Judaism
Conservative Egalitarian
Judaism
Reconstructionist JUDAISM
Metropolitan Community Church
Association of Welcoming Affirming Baptists
Ecumenical Catholic Church
International Christian Community Churches
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
US Episcopal Church
Global Alliance of Affirming Apostolic Pentecostals
Restoration Church of Jesus Christ (Latter Day Saint denomination)
United Church of Canada
USA Presbyterian Church
In Europe, the following denominations accept and embrace homosexuality in it's members or clergy :
Evangelical Church in Germany
Swiss Reformed Church
Protestant Church - Netherlands
Church of Denmark
Church of Norway
Church of Sweden
Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland
Church of Iceland
The following are specific churches that are open, accepting & embrace homosexuals as congregants and / or clergy :
Bethlehem Community, Faithful Companions of St. Francis religious community within Ecumenical Catholic Church (Liverpool, England)
Broadway United Methodist Church (Indianapolis, IN)
Cathedral of Hope (Dallas, Texas, USA)
Community Parish of St Bernadette Liverpool - congregation of Ecumenical Catholic Church (Liverpool, England)
Glide Memorial Church (San Francisco, California, USA)
Most Holy Redeemer Catholic Church (San Francisco, California, USA)
Grace Gospel Chapel (Seattle, Washington, USA)
Light of Love Fellowship (St. Louis, Missouri, USA)
Pullen Memorial Baptist Church (Raleigh, North Carolina, USA)
Tong-Kwang Light House Presbyterian Church (Taipei, Taiwan)
University Baptist Church (Austin, Texas, USA)
St. Paul's Anglican Church (Vancouver, BC)
Wake Forest Baptist Church (Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA)
Walnut Creek United Methodist Church (Walnut Creek, California, USA)
Broadway Baptist Church - Ft. Worth, TX.
Celebration Community Church - Ft. Worth, TX
Royal Lane Baptist Church – Dallas, Tx

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#184555
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t want Atheism mandated, I want freedom for both those that believe in one of the billions of Gods man has dreamed up or not as they choose.
"Billions of Gods man has dreamed up..."? Sounds like the Carl Sagan view of religion.
Dissent is a good thing not a bad thing.
Absolutely....unless one criticizes that secular sacred cow, same sex marriage, then the critic becomes a "bigot", "homophobe", or a "anti gay". Now if the person who opposes SSM, is gay, and offers the same rational reasons that a straight person who opposes it does, well by gosh by golly, that gay person is a traitor to the cause, a self hater....don't they know all gay people have to march lock step behind the rainbow flag?
Nope not the place for me
Are ya sure? Oh wait...I get it now...you have to compete for attention with "The Leader"...yeah can't have TWO people on the mountain.
but you really should check out the Taliban... you would fit right in
I don't think they'd be too fond of a nice Italian American boy like me. Maybe if I brought them a nice bottle of vino rosso, AND an autographed picture of "Big D"....now that would impress them. Perhaps if I throw in a "Big D" bobble head doll to sweeten the deal...yeah bay bee...now we're talking!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#184556
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The one study that you have brought up--which has been widely panned by other scientists--indicates that children do better in homes of opposite gender parents.
It DOES NOT indicate that children in same-gender homes are at risk or do so poorly that they should be immediately removed.
There is a HUGE difference between "not doing as well" and "failing to be fit".
Using your own arguments, all children who aren't in two person, opposite parent homes should immediately be placed in foster care, because only biological, opposite parent homes are the "Gold Standard".
And that's just stupid.
Another lie.

If you used my argument, you would use my example. My wife and I fostered over ten children who were restored to their parent(s).

Why is it VV, that you can never argue from the facts? Does that not trouble you inside? Are you that seared? Sad.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#184557
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A gay telling us what girls love?
Priceless funny~!
Smile.
so you must think EVERY body who supports civil rights for the LGBT community is gay??

that is an interesting mental disorder you have there...

by that logic??

58% of the country would be gay....

and it is only really a small percentage of folks that ARE gay..

but they are going to make HUGE leaps ahead in their cause, this week.

and that is where the joke is on you....

the bigots are clearly on the wrong side of history.....

I mean the social conservatives...

down with DOMA
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#184559
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"Billions of Gods man has dreamed up..."? Sounds like the Carl Sagan view of religion.
<quoted text>
Absolutely....unless one criticizes that secular sacred cow, same sex marriage, then the critic becomes a "bigot", "homophobe", or a "anti gay". Now if the person who opposes SSM, is gay, and offers the same rational reasons that a straight person who opposes it does, well by gosh by golly, that gay person is a traitor to the cause, a self hater....don't they know all gay people have to march lock step behind the rainbow flag?
<quoted text>
Are ya sure? Oh wait...I get it now...you have to compete for attention with "The Leader"...yeah can't have TWO people on the mountain.
<quoted text>
I don't think they'd be too fond of a nice Italian American boy like me. Maybe if I brought them a nice bottle of vino rosso, AND an autographed picture of "Big D"....now that would impress them. Perhaps if I throw in a "Big D" bobble head doll to sweeten the deal...yeah bay bee...now we're talking!
I remember a cartoon of Sagan when he was a child looking at the night sky saying, "look at the star's there must be hundreds and hundreds of them" LOL

My statement was fact, man as believed in billions of different gods, all equal in the amount of evidence for their existence. If you knew much of religions you would realize there are over a billion different gods are believed in today, looking back into history it gets closer to 9 billion.

You are free to oppose whatever you choose, but we are a nation of law, You keep wanting for force your view on others. I do not, I am in a heterosexual marriage and no one is forcing me into a homosexual marriage, I only accept that homosexuals are Americans too and deserve the same rights and privileges as any other American, but I am a patriot and freedom and justice are probably more important to me than to you.

endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#184560
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure I expect the result tomorrow
But there is no real question in my mind that it will be struck down.
And that will be glad news no matter how expected
there is nothing like winning when you didnt expect to...

that said, it feels good to win, when YOU KNOW you are right, and it is simply a matter of the court backing US up and telling the bigots to finally....SIT DOWN.!!!!!

I had that same feeling last fall, when Obama trounced thurston howell the third, and his car elevator!!

all the racist bigots were ready for a big racist hurrah!!

unfortunately for them?? they were watching faux news, and were badly mislead into thinking they would win.!!

when they were trounced firmly....

many of them act as theough the election never happed, and amercia DIDNT shoot their agenda down.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#184561
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Even 'just a little bit' of segregation and apartheid is bad..
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither word applies to marriage, which is a legal joining of two adults that results in forming a family.
Why do you think that posting and re-posting such silly things will have any bearing on the topic? It doesn't get more sensible or relevent with age.
The irony is that gays claim the right to dictate which words apply and which definition applies to marriage.

The separation of children as a factor of marriage is a form of apartheid.

Deleting a gender from a marriage is clear gender segregation.

These words perfectly describe, within their current definitions what you are attempting to do. God blessed Brian with that insight. It fatally pierces the deception of calling ss couples 'married'.

Moreover, at it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. You have no defense of that fact.

All you can do is de-define marriage to a friendship dictated by the government and resulting in the deprivation of at least one of the only biological parents a child will ever have.

How romantic, and how costly for the child.

Happy?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#184562
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe it's like baying your finger with a hammer....the more you do it, the more desensitized your finger becomes & after a while, it just isn't noticed anymore?
then again, some folks are into that kinda thing. not me. but i've heard of them.
Thou dost protest too much...

Certainly not a heart and clearly not a mind.

Snicker.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#184563
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Another lie.
If you used my argument, you would use my example. My wife and I fostered over ten children who were restored to their parent(s).
Why is it VV, that you can never argue from the facts? Does that not trouble you inside? Are you that seared? Sad.
hopefully those ten kids recovered and didnt catch what ever mental disorder you suffer from.....some of the things coming out of you should be studied by psychiatrits and papers written about you!! you could make a signifigant contribution to medical science.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#184564
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes there is, in 10 states, one district and 17 countries
and more are entering into the 21st century every year
You forgot to stamp your feet.

No, it is not the same. Clearly only a duplicated half imposing an imposter relationship by legal manipulation because you could not convince many to deny reality.

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#184566
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

9

8

8

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
then don't get gay married if it has no meaning to you.
you make your own marriage. just like anyone else does in their own marriage. if your marriage is diluted because some stranger across the street marries a same sex partner, or someone across town or across the state....that's pretty sad for you and a lousy excuse to use because you're not happy with marriage.
try again. you won't succeed. but try again.
Words describe reality.

For instance, your tirade exposes you as an idiot.

See what I mean?

Marriage can never describe a ss couple. If you call the tail on a dog a leg, what is it?

At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

ss couples are a direct, defective contradiction to the singular goal of evolution. Literally 'unmarriage'.

Smile.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#184567
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember a cartoon of Sagan when he was a child looking at the night sky saying, "look at the star's there must be hundreds and hundreds of them" LOL
My statement was fact, man as believed in billions of different gods, all equal in the amount of evidence for their existence. If you knew much of religions you would realize there are over a billion different gods are believed in today, looking back into history it gets closer to 9 billion.
You are free to oppose whatever you choose, but we are a nation of law, You keep wanting for force your view on others. I do not, I am in a heterosexual marriage and no one is forcing me into a homosexual marriage, I only accept that homosexuals are Americans too and deserve the same rights and privileges as any other American, but I am a patriot and freedom and justice are probably more important to me than to you.
social conservatives sometimes remind me of a lost tribe in the amazon...

most of them are convinced we are all alone in the universe...

when in comparison with the culture that is likely OUT THERE??/

earth religions would be veiwed as quaint and relatively new...

according the rest of the galaxy?? our planet is like the missisippi of the milky way.....

....a back water.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#184568
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thousands of churches, there are over 120,000 legal same sex marriages in the US today
Still no specific survey? Wonder why. Not.

There are 120,000 imposter relationships that everyone knows the minute they see any ONE of them is distinct from marriage.

NO child will ever look at a ss couple and say, "mom and dad".

Smile.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#184569
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

7

6

6

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to stamp your feet.
No, it is not the same. Clearly only a duplicated half imposing an imposter relationship by legal manipulation because you could not convince many to deny reality.
Smile.
Yes it is, it is law, your bigoted opinion means nothing, your religion has no say in the matter.

As legal and just as any other marriage, regardless of your ignorance of the fact.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#184570
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. you might want to read the public statements and the decisions made by the ELCA. they specifically mention science chum.
you want to know...then check with PEW RESEARCH. simple google search will get you there.
American denominations that accept and embrace homosexual members of the congregation and / or clergy:
United Church of Christ
Unity School of Christianity
Most Church of the Brethren groups
many but not all Anglican, United Methodist, Northern Baptist, and Congregational groups.
Reform Judaism
Conservative Egalitarian
Judaism
Reconstructionist JUDAISM
Metropolitan Community Church
Association of Welcoming Affirming Baptists
Ecumenical Catholic Church
International Christian Community Churches
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
US Episcopal Church
Global Alliance of Affirming Apostolic Pentecostals
Restoration Church of Jesus Christ (Latter Day Saint denomination)
United Church of Canada
USA Presbyterian Church
In Europe, the following denominations accept and embrace homosexuality in it's members or clergy :
Evangelical Church in Germany
Swiss Reformed Church
Protestant Church - Netherlands
Church of Denmark
Church of Norway
Church of Sweden
Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland
Church of Iceland
The following are specific churches that are open, accepting & embrace homosexuals as congregants and / or clergy :
Bethlehem Community, Faithful Companions of St. Francis religious community within Ecumenical Catholic Church (Liverpool, England)
Broadway United Methodist Church (Indianapolis, IN)
Cathedral of Hope (Dallas, Texas, USA)
Community Parish of St Bernadette Liverpool - congregation of Ecumenical Catholic Church (Liverpool, England)
Glide Memorial Church (San Francisco, California, USA)
Most Holy Redeemer Catholic Church (San Francisco, California, USA)
Grace Gospel Chapel (Seattle, Washington, USA)
Light of Love Fellowship (St. Louis, Missouri, USA)
Pullen Memorial Baptist Church (Raleigh, North Carolina, USA)
Tong-Kwang Light House Presbyterian Church (Taipei, Taiwan)
University Baptist Church (Austin, Texas, USA)
St. Paul's Anglican Church (Vancouver, BC)
Wake Forest Baptist Church (Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA)
Walnut Creek United Methodist Church (Walnut Creek, California, USA)
Broadway Baptist Church - Ft. Worth, TX.
Celebration Community Church - Ft. Worth, TX
Royal Lane Baptist Church – Dallas, Tx
You are so funny!

If you take out the European add-ons, and specific Churches already included in the American denominations listed, not to mention the Jewish faith, you have a teanie minority that is rarely represented by more than one 'church' in any community of our country.

Why not just list the comparison honey? I know, it's worse then your obvious stretch. I guess when you are trying to convince people to accept an imposter relationship, this is only another step of deceit...

Snicker.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161,141 - 161,160 of199,126
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 55 min Pack coal in deeper 7,330
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) 7 hr Hgfdc 464
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 22 hr Hole 15,676
Recall papers served on 3 Hemet council members Wed Hemet is good 18
Single men in Hemet Wed lee 13
mobile home parks mismanagement, crime. (Jan '11) Tue POOHMNGR 12
Temecula: Three men arrested in connection with... Apr 21 cuntakinte 6
•••

Fire Warning for Riverside County was issued at April 24 at 1:55PM PDT

•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••