Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
161,101 - 161,120 of 200,343 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

endocannabanoid system wrote:
<quoted text>
BOOM, you nailed it in that last papargraph....
such is the nature of civil war, when there is a larger enemy(the democrats) to vanquish....
have you seen the right wing dingers like freshman, ted cruz of texas??
bringing "news' he heard from the internet, to the floor of the senate, to argue as to why chuck hagel is a "friend of hamas'??
some of those stories that the reich wingerdingers have been falling for, were fabricated just for that purpose, by the leftist onion newspaper......they do parody news.
for instance, when Obama was elected...
the headline was
"black man, given worst job in nation"
but it is perfect for the far reich-wingding party, who actually live in a make believe world, like that.....
My personal favorite was "Another Black family in government housing"

They cannot overcome this without letting go of the far right, but they are addicted to depending on those votes, the far right win and fundamentalist religious.

Without the ignorant vote, they donít think they have any chance.

The truth is, moderate republicans arenít that bad ( I know blasphemy but bear with me here ) they really arenít.

Moderate republicans and democrats agree on 95% or more of the issues.

But again, I donít think they can give up the ignorant vote, and as long as they let that constituency decide who is nominated, they are sunk.

It may take a long time for them to fully understand this, and until they do, the Republican party will continue down the hole.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the door naked, they dont come back, in fact they will make an effort to stay far away from your house.
a young cutie from the jehovah's JUST visited me not a hour ago!!

I wish(to god) i had read your comment before that!!

she was likely WAY OFF IN LOONY RIGHTWING DING VILLE

we have droves of those types in our purple county....

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And since then, those 'studies' used to equate with biological families were discredited as knowingly unscientific.
The latest, largest and most scientific study to date of seven family types ranked lesbian couples as last, AFTER single parents, and could not find enough long-term gay couples to even rate!
You know this, and still add gay twirl lies on top of gay twirl lies. At the expense of a child. By a supposed social worker!
So sick and disgusting!
The one study that you have brought up--which has been widely panned by other scientists--indicates that children do better in homes of opposite gender parents.

It DOES NOT indicate that children in same-gender homes are at risk or do so poorly that they should be immediately removed.

There is a HUGE difference between "not doing as well" and "failing to be fit".

Using your own arguments, all children who aren't in two person, opposite parent homes should immediately be placed in foster care, because only biological, opposite parent homes are the "Gold Standard".

And that's just stupid.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>

The truth is, moderate republicans arenít that bad ( I know blasphemy but bear with me here ) they really arenít.
But again, I donít think they can give up the ignorant vote, and as long as they let that constituency decide who is nominated, they are sunk.
It may take a long time for them to fully understand this, and until they do, the Republican party will continue down the hole.
In all honesty both sides have a fair number of ignorant votes. And in all fairness we need both sides to keep things from spinning off into lunacy either to the right or the left. I think we'd be better off with a third and possibly a forth party with as much clout as the two we currently have. We could also stand to have the ones we've got go through a bit of a maturation process so both sides could sit down like adults and work things out for a change.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
In all honesty both sides have a fair number of ignorant votes. And in all fairness we need both sides to keep things from spinning off into lunacy either to the right or the left. I think we'd be better off with a third and possibly a forth party with as much clout as the two we currently have. We could also stand to have the ones we've got go through a bit of a maturation process so both sides could sit down like adults and work things out for a change.
It is a matter of degree, the far left of the democratic party is a small minority and has no real voice in the party.

Not so with the far right for the Republican party, who are currently vetting every nominee. Rush speaks to them every day, they will only watch Faux news.

3rd party is likely to happen in the next 20 years, the republicans will spin off the Tea Party

But like other 3rd parties I donít expect it will survive.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
the democrats have been filling the void in the middle that the far right left behind...

obama care, cap and trade ect ect....many rethuglican proposals.

if a third party splinters off, it will lilely be on the far right.

that is the only laRGEr group that seems thoroughly dissatisfied with the way things are going.....

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly feel sorry for you that your marriage is in such jeopardy, my wife and I have had many struggles, with a lot of issues, our love for one another and our commitment to one another got us through that, regardless of the fact that a divorce would be easy.
It must be tough up on that mountain, all by your lonesome, dispensing such time honored wisdom that seems flow effortlessly from your advanced intellect. Oh well we are fortunate to be in the presence of such knowledge. But I digress....My bride and I, as well have had our share of stormy seas, and we have weathered the storms.
TAHT is a strong marriage, not forging wedding rings into handcuffs
The fact that we could easily split, but worked together to get past our issues is why we have a strong marriage. Not because we viewed our marriage as a prison as you would have it.
I do not wish marriage to be a prison, rather society, and by extension government treat it with the privilege it deserves. What is the point of making it "easier to get out of"? Divorce existed before "no fault", did it needed to be renderer end "no fault"? We're there not other steps that could have been taken to assist marriages in crisis, to,protect the spouse, and by extension, children, that needed protection. Did it really have to take a generation or two past the "free love" generation to see the damage done? The children are not all right. Divorce takes its toll on the next generation. Who speaks for them?
Less Problems

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Miller chooses wealthy over all others

Republican crazy - Rep. Gary Miller's smoke screen about the sequester and how he and fellow Republicans are doing their best for the middle class. Unfortunately for Miller, not all of us are Fox News viewers.

Here are the facts.

Now, I understand that most Republicans run from science, but what I am going to share is the truth of the matter concerning the sequester. Those are called "facts."

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

endocannabanoid system wrote:
<quoted text>
the democrats have been filling the void in the middle that the far right left behind...
obama care, cap and trade ect ect....many rethuglican proposals.
if a third party splinters off, it will lilely be on the far right.
that is the only laRGEr group that seems thoroughly dissatisfied with the way things are going.....
The Democrats used to be the party of the ethnic voter, the working class, blue collar workers, civil servants, Jews, Catholics, supporters of the middle class, and the military. There was a time when conservative democrat wasn't an oxymoron. Not anymore, they morphed into the demo-rats. The "C", as in conservative, concern for the working class/middle class, caring about national defense, etc, has been dropped. Now it's let's see how far to the left we can go.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be tough up on that mountain, all by your lonesome, dispensing such time honored wisdom that seems flow effortlessly from your advanced intellect. Oh well we are fortunate to be in the presence of such knowledge. But I digress....My bride and I, as well have had our share of stormy seas, and we have weathered the storms.
<quoted text>
I do not wish marriage to be a prison, rather society, and by extension government treat it with the privilege it deserves. What is the point of making it "easier to get out of"? Divorce existed before "no fault", did it needed to be renderer end "no fault"? We're there not other steps that could have been taken to assist marriages in crisis, to,protect the spouse, and by extension, children, that needed protection. Did it really have to take a generation or two past the "free love" generation to see the damage done? The children are not all right. Divorce takes its toll on the next generation. Who speaks for them?
Not lonely at all, everyone I know works for their marriage, and knows that divorce is an easy option that they do not choose.

Here you are again working to take rights away from people, to lock them into bondage, hammering wedding rings into handcuffs does not make marriages stronger, it makes it a joke.

The dark ages are over, you lost.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
From a legal standpoint, since both acts are legal expressions of sexuality, then they are equal.
Hmmmmmmm.......not quite. There's coital sexual intercourse, which is the act referenced regarding consummation of the marital relationship by husband and wife, and can result in conception. Anal intercourse is......well....just a pain in the arse. Remember if sex is a pain in the arse, you're doing it the wrong way.

Sorry VV, couldn't resist.:)

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not lonely at all, everyone I know works for their marriage, and knows that divorce is an easy option that they do not choose.
The folks I know work at their marriages too, Big D.
Here you are again working to take rights away from people, to lock them into bondage, hammering wedding rings into handcuffs does not make marriages stronger, it makes it a joke.
How do you possibly get "working to take rights away" from what I wrote? Perhaps it's because you read into what I wrote your own preconceived notions. Remember government grants the right to marry and regulates it. Clearly "no fault" divorce has not been the enlightened idea it was supposed to be. But considering it originated in California, the left coast, signed into law by a divorced man, it no wonder you defended it as you do. That is what makes marriage a joke, "no fault divorce". Amazing isn't it. A person can cheat on their spouse, and be divorced by the offended spouse for "no fault" even though they were clearly at fault, but still be criminally prosecuted in some states. Go figure.
]
The dark ages are over, you lost.
No Big D, the family lost, society lost, each successive generation pays the price for the "free love, no fault divorce, marriage is just a piece of paper, California generation. No, the kids are not all right. Come down from the mountain in between pontificating to the uneducated masses, once in a while, you'll see that.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmmmm.......not quite. There's coital sexual intercourse, which is the act referenced regarding consummation of the marital relationship by husband and wife, and can result in conception. Anal intercourse is......well....just a pain in the arse. Remember if sex is a pain in the arse, you're doing it the wrong way.
Sorry VV, couldn't resist.:)
Referenced where?

Is this a fedreal or state law?

I dont give a crap about any religon

Which law mandates this for a marrage to be valid?

and dont talk about divorce, you can be divorced for no reason at all.

I am asking where is the law that will automatically invalidate, against both parties wishes, a marrage that is not consumated in the way you are describing?

I am pretty sure there isnt one, the government wont step in agains the wishes of a married couple and force them to devorce because they didnt have sex correctly ( according to you )
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The folks I know work at their marriages too, Big D.
<quoted text>
How do you possibly get "working to take rights away" from what I wrote? Perhaps it's because you read into what I wrote your own preconceived notions. Remember government grants the right to marry and regulates it. Clearly "no fault" divorce has not been the enlightened idea it was supposed to be. But considering it originated in California, the left coast, signed into law by a divorced man, it no wonder you defended it as you do. That is what makes marriage a joke, "no fault divorce". Amazing isn't it. A person can cheat on their spouse, and be divorced by the offended spouse for "no fault" even though they were clearly at fault, but still be criminally prosecuted in some states. Go figure.
<quoted text>
No Big D, the family lost, society lost, each successive generation pays the price for the "free love, no fault divorce, marriage is just a piece of paper, California generation. No, the kids are not all right. Come down from the mountain in between pontificating to the uneducated masses, once in a while, you'll see that.
My family won, sorry about yours

we are married happily with a strong relationship that we chose, not managed by some all-powerful big government law.

The way to strength is through actual commitment, not some mandated commitment from your big government.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
My personal favorite was "Another Black family in government housing"
They cannot overcome this without letting go of the far right, but they are addicted to depending on those votes, the far right win and fundamentalist religious.
congradualtions to Bostonian scott prouty, who let romney define himself on that issue...... with that 47% video.

it let the country know where romney stood on fairness issues....

he was having trouble defining himself, so mr. prouty did it for him.....
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrats used to be the party of the ethnic voter, the working class, blue collar workers, civil servants, Jews, Catholics, supporters of the middle class, and the military. There was a time when conservative democrat wasn't an oxymoron. Not anymore, they morphed into the demo-rats. The "C", as in conservative, concern for the working class/middle class, caring about national defense, etc, has been dropped. Now it's let's see how far to the left we can go.
it still the party of all those catagories......except catholics.

it almost sounds like you tuned into an election on another planet.

the president clobbered romney on the fairness issue, and letting the bush tax cuts expire, which of course a vast majority supported..
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrats used to be the party of the ethnic voter, the working class, blue collar workers, civil servants, Jews, Catholics, supporters of the middle class, and the military..
Still is

the difference is we try to be inclusive, as we are better at math than republicans, they are trying to divide themselves into a majority, and they donít understand when they remove these people or those people, why they are getting smaller, every time they lose ground they talk about getting rid of RINOís

I will never forget a story from a political strategist that walked out of a republican strategy meeting, when asked why he left he said,ď Call me when you are more serious, when you understand that you need more votes, not lessĒ

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Gender apartheid is segregation of the sexes. Complete segregation. Homosexuals make up somewhere between 2 & 10% of the population depending upon what figures you cite. Just because two gay men get married doesn't mean they'll exclude women from their lives.
Of course everyone was born from male/female union (even if it is just through AI). So that is a non-starter. That still isn't a rational argument against same sex marriage. It is just your opinion. And I really don't see what you mean by it being anti-gay. That seems like quite a stretch IMHO. Perhaps you would like to explain how it is anti-gay.
I can take flying lessons and become a pilot. I do happen to have the qualifications to perform surgery. That was through a lengthy education and licensing process. The analogy still doesn't apply to homosexuals in general. Loads of heterosexuals don't really qualify as suitable marriage partners. At least not in my opinion, which should have no bearing on their ability to get married.
Even 'just a little bit' of segregation and apartheid is bad. Same sex marriage introduces a new form of segregation to perfectly integrated and diverse male/female marriage.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Even 'just a little bit' of segregation and apartheid is bad. Same sex marriage introduces a new form of segregation to perfectly integrated and diverse male/female marriage.
I agree that even a little bit is bad, that is why I am in Favor of same sex marriage, the same rules, the same law, justice for all, regardless of Race, Creed, Color, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National Origin.

I donít think you understand the meaning of the words you are using.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>Wow you take stupid to a special catagory
My money is on "home schoolĒ

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 5 hr snodder 2,252
stetson townhomes (Aug '13) 15 hr i want one 3
New to Hemet; Impression (Aug '12) 17 hr love hemet 15
good restaurants in Hemet (Jan '11) 17 hr love mickey ds 127
25 most dangerous citys in Us. (Nov '10) 17 hr senior center 27
hemet fireworks? (Jul '09) 17 hr no fireworks 33
HEMET: 28 jailed in sweep of parolees, probatio... 18 hr goguy 1
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs