Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,197

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#184527 Mar 25, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
From a legal standpoint, since both acts are legal expressions of sexuality, then they are equal.
Hmmmmmmm.......not quite. There's coital sexual intercourse, which is the act referenced regarding consummation of the marital relationship by husband and wife, and can result in conception. Anal intercourse is......well....just a pain in the arse. Remember if sex is a pain in the arse, you're doing it the wrong way.

Sorry VV, couldn't resist.:)

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#184528 Mar 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not lonely at all, everyone I know works for their marriage, and knows that divorce is an easy option that they do not choose.
The folks I know work at their marriages too, Big D.
Here you are again working to take rights away from people, to lock them into bondage, hammering wedding rings into handcuffs does not make marriages stronger, it makes it a joke.
How do you possibly get "working to take rights away" from what I wrote? Perhaps it's because you read into what I wrote your own preconceived notions. Remember government grants the right to marry and regulates it. Clearly "no fault" divorce has not been the enlightened idea it was supposed to be. But considering it originated in California, the left coast, signed into law by a divorced man, it no wonder you defended it as you do. That is what makes marriage a joke, "no fault divorce". Amazing isn't it. A person can cheat on their spouse, and be divorced by the offended spouse for "no fault" even though they were clearly at fault, but still be criminally prosecuted in some states. Go figure.
]
The dark ages are over, you lost.
No Big D, the family lost, society lost, each successive generation pays the price for the "free love, no fault divorce, marriage is just a piece of paper, California generation. No, the kids are not all right. Come down from the mountain in between pontificating to the uneducated masses, once in a while, you'll see that.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184529 Mar 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmmmm.......not quite. There's coital sexual intercourse, which is the act referenced regarding consummation of the marital relationship by husband and wife, and can result in conception. Anal intercourse is......well....just a pain in the arse. Remember if sex is a pain in the arse, you're doing it the wrong way.
Sorry VV, couldn't resist.:)
Referenced where?

Is this a fedreal or state law?

I dont give a crap about any religon

Which law mandates this for a marrage to be valid?

and dont talk about divorce, you can be divorced for no reason at all.

I am asking where is the law that will automatically invalidate, against both parties wishes, a marrage that is not consumated in the way you are describing?

I am pretty sure there isnt one, the government wont step in agains the wishes of a married couple and force them to devorce because they didnt have sex correctly ( according to you )
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184530 Mar 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The folks I know work at their marriages too, Big D.
<quoted text>
How do you possibly get "working to take rights away" from what I wrote? Perhaps it's because you read into what I wrote your own preconceived notions. Remember government grants the right to marry and regulates it. Clearly "no fault" divorce has not been the enlightened idea it was supposed to be. But considering it originated in California, the left coast, signed into law by a divorced man, it no wonder you defended it as you do. That is what makes marriage a joke, "no fault divorce". Amazing isn't it. A person can cheat on their spouse, and be divorced by the offended spouse for "no fault" even though they were clearly at fault, but still be criminally prosecuted in some states. Go figure.
<quoted text>
No Big D, the family lost, society lost, each successive generation pays the price for the "free love, no fault divorce, marriage is just a piece of paper, California generation. No, the kids are not all right. Come down from the mountain in between pontificating to the uneducated masses, once in a while, you'll see that.
My family won, sorry about yours

we are married happily with a strong relationship that we chose, not managed by some all-powerful big government law.

The way to strength is through actual commitment, not some mandated commitment from your big government.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184531 Mar 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
My personal favorite was "Another Black family in government housing"
They cannot overcome this without letting go of the far right, but they are addicted to depending on those votes, the far right win and fundamentalist religious.
Without the ignorant vote, they donít think they have any chance.
The truth is, moderate republicans arenít that bad ( I know blasphemy but bear with me here ) they really arenít.
Moderate republicans and democrats agree on 95% or more of the issues.
But again, I donít think they can give up the ignorant vote, and as long as they let that constituency decide who is nominated, they are sunk.
It may take a long time for them to fully understand this, and until they do, the Republican party will continue down the hole.
congradualtions to Bostonian scott prouty, who let romney define himself on that issue...... with that 47% video.

it let the country know where romney stood on fairness issues....

he was having trouble defining himself, so mr. prouty did it for him.....
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184532 Mar 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrats used to be the party of the ethnic voter, the working class, blue collar workers, civil servants, Jews, Catholics, supporters of the middle class, and the military. There was a time when conservative democrat wasn't an oxymoron. Not anymore, they morphed into the demo-rats. The "C", as in conservative, concern for the working class/middle class, caring about national defense, etc, has been dropped. Now it's let's see how far to the left we can go.
it still the party of all those catagories......except catholics.

it almost sounds like you tuned into an election on another planet.

the president clobbered romney on the fairness issue, and letting the bush tax cuts expire, which of course a vast majority supported..
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184533 Mar 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrats used to be the party of the ethnic voter, the working class, blue collar workers, civil servants, Jews, Catholics, supporters of the middle class, and the military..
Still is

the difference is we try to be inclusive, as we are better at math than republicans, they are trying to divide themselves into a majority, and they donít understand when they remove these people or those people, why they are getting smaller, every time they lose ground they talk about getting rid of RINOís

I will never forget a story from a political strategist that walked out of a republican strategy meeting, when asked why he left he said,ď Call me when you are more serious, when you understand that you need more votes, not lessĒ

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#184534 Mar 25, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
Gender apartheid is segregation of the sexes. Complete segregation. Homosexuals make up somewhere between 2 & 10% of the population depending upon what figures you cite. Just because two gay men get married doesn't mean they'll exclude women from their lives.
Of course everyone was born from male/female union (even if it is just through AI). So that is a non-starter. That still isn't a rational argument against same sex marriage. It is just your opinion. And I really don't see what you mean by it being anti-gay. That seems like quite a stretch IMHO. Perhaps you would like to explain how it is anti-gay.
I can take flying lessons and become a pilot. I do happen to have the qualifications to perform surgery. That was through a lengthy education and licensing process. The analogy still doesn't apply to homosexuals in general. Loads of heterosexuals don't really qualify as suitable marriage partners. At least not in my opinion, which should have no bearing on their ability to get married.
Even 'just a little bit' of segregation and apartheid is bad. Same sex marriage introduces a new form of segregation to perfectly integrated and diverse male/female marriage.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184536 Mar 25, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Even 'just a little bit' of segregation and apartheid is bad. Same sex marriage introduces a new form of segregation to perfectly integrated and diverse male/female marriage.
I agree that even a little bit is bad, that is why I am in Favor of same sex marriage, the same rules, the same law, justice for all, regardless of Race, Creed, Color, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National Origin.

I donít think you understand the meaning of the words you are using.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184537 Mar 25, 2013
Sparklestrips4u wrote:
<quoted text>Wow you take stupid to a special catagory
My money is on "home schoolĒ

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#184538 Mar 25, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Even 'just a little bit' of segregation and apartheid is bad..

Neither word applies to marriage, which is a legal joining of two adults that results in forming a family.

Why do you think that posting and re-posting such silly things will have any bearing on the topic? It doesn't get more sensible or relevent with age.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#184540 Mar 25, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither word applies to marriage, which is a legal joining of two adults that results in forming a family.
Why do you think that posting and re-posting such silly things will have any bearing on the topic? It doesn't get more sensible or relevent with age.
maybe it's like baying your finger with a hammer....the more you do it, the more desensitized your finger becomes & after a while, it just isn't noticed anymore?

then again, some folks are into that kinda thing. not me. but i've heard of them.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184541 Mar 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Referenced where?
Is this a fedreal or state law?
I dont give a crap about any religon
Which law mandates this for a marrage to be valid?
and dont talk about divorce, you can be divorced for no reason at all.
I am asking where is the law that will automatically invalidate, against both parties wishes, a marrage that is not consumated in the way you are describing?
I am pretty sure there isnt one, the government wont step in agains the wishes of a married couple and force them to devorce because they didnt have sex correctly ( according to you )
it is going to be a BIG blow to bigotry when the court strikes down prop hate tommrow, and then DOma

ALL of the arguemnets have been heard, and ALL of them from the right were pure non-sense...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#184542 Mar 25, 2013
endocannabanoid system wrote:
<quoted text>
how could i be lying??
you just confirmed what my claim was, that gays have LOWERR divorce rates....so far.
I didnt differentiate between gay and lesbian couples...
other countries are a good place to start when looking to see how an issue might play out here in america.
universal health care is another good example....
try to calm down, were more or less on the same side of this issue??? right??
you want GAYS to be able to marry??
I want gays to be able to be married...
cheers!!
There is no such thing as gay 'marriage'.

The minute you apply the word to ss couples, it no longer has the original meaning, and is diluted to simply a friendship.

Looks like the joke is on you...

Snicker.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184543 Mar 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that even a little bit is bad, that is why I am in Favor of same sex marriage, the same rules, the same law, justice for all, regardless of Race, Creed, Color, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National Origin.
I donít think you understand the meaning of the words you are using.
the central arguemnt of brown vs board of ed.....

is separate but equal.....which didnt fly...

because they wernt going to BE eqaul...

with far reich wingniuts like brain?/

im sure it is "separate and clearly not equal..."

do you know any marraige's that are descibed as 'perfect"??

me either....I think this is one of the most delusion baggers here.

Location hidden

#184544 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I dont think she realizes how pervasive anal sex is these days....
chicks love it!!
especially the younger ones!!
A gay telling us what girls love?

Priceless funny~!

Smile.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184545 Mar 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as gay 'marriage'.
The minute you apply the word to ss couples, it no longer has the original meaning, and is diluted to simply a friendship.
Looks like the joke is on you...
Snicker.
Yes there is, in 10 states, one district and 17 countries

and more are entering into the 21st century every year
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184546 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>
it is going to be a BIG blow to bigotry when the court strikes down prop hate tommrow, and then DOma
ALL of the arguemnets have been heard, and ALL of them from the right were pure non-sense...
Not sure I expect the result tomorrow

But there is no real question in my mind that it will be struck down.

And that will be glad news no matter how expected

Location hidden

#184547 Mar 25, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh puh-leez. Quit trying to act like you know anything about science. The FACT that there has been a stable gay population across time and all cultures PROVES that homosexuality is normal. Homosexuality is found in EVERY species of animals (that reproduce sexually).
Oh Bee Essss.

Quit trying to act like you know anything about science. The fact that many genetic defects have a stable existence across time and all cultures proves that homosexuality is a defect.

Same sex sexual behavior (SSSB) is present in all species idiot, not homosexuality. Learn the difference so you don't look quite so stupid!

The government isn't "forcing" any view on you. You are free to be the country's biggest dumbass. No one can force you to accept the facts, but no one is going to excuse you for being a liar.

Snicker.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184548 Mar 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Bee Essss.
Quit trying to act like you know anything about science. The fact that many genetic defects have a stable existence across time and all cultures proves that homosexuality is a defect.
Same sex sexual behavior (SSSB) is present in all species idiot, not homosexuality. Learn the difference so you don't look quite so stupid!
The government isn't "forcing" any view on you. You are free to be the country's biggest dumbass. No one can force you to accept the facts, but no one is going to excuse you for being a liar.
Snicker.
Wow... where you home schooled, you donít appear to know anything of science at all.

The government is not forcing a view on marriage in 10 states, one district, nor in 16 other countries.

And more are coming to the right decision every year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
young gay guys in hemet 9 hr Chris 2
Two arrested in armored truck robbery (Aug '07) 22 hr freshout 30
OMG!! White trailer trash, what cities are they... (Dec '12) Thu Shannon25 33
Mountain view apartments on whittier WTF (Jun '11) Thu Chris 52
Vote yes on Measure AA to help our MSJC student... Thu Melissa C 2
HemetHEMET: Food market's ex-owner convicted of... Thu Melissa C 12
U.S. Post Office SUCKS (Apr '11) Oct 28 onlymy3 88

Flash Flood Watch for Riverside County was issued at October 31 at 9:17PM PDT

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating