Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
161,061 - 161,080 of 200,324 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
When the people arguing in favor of Proposition 8 had their days in court, they had the opportunity to bring experts indicating that homosexual relationships would have a negative impact on the family. Their experts COULD NOT prove this to Judge Walker's satisfaction.
When the 3 person appellate court heard their arguments, they also did not find in favor of the supporters of Proposition 8.
S...
And since then, those 'studies' used to equate with biological families were discredited as knowingly unscientific.

The latest, largest and most scientific study to date of seven family types ranked lesbian couples as last, AFTER single parents, and could not find enough long-term gay couples to even rate!

You know this, and still add gay twirl lies on top of gay twirl lies. At the expense of a child. By a supposed social worker!

So sick and disgusting!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an unadulterated liar! The latest science DOES NOT SAY that homosexuality is an epigenetic mistake.
They have made no final decision re: epigenetics.
And NONE of them are calling it an "epigenetic mistake". That is YOUR own term that you continue to pull from the recesses of your ASS.
Calm down queen...

They found that epi-markers on a parent that were 'normally' erased were left on for opposite gendered children. That makes it abnormal.

Smile.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right about Prop 8, however the wording the Supremes use, could indeed have national implications. DOMA is another story with national implications.
How Prop 8 is overturned may make it very easy to overturn any such measures in other states.
on the social front....

clinton left us with some BAD luggage.

DADT and DOMA??

both of which the clinton's have both recanted on.

it was a shameful thing to do those things to gays, just to appease the middle and the center right.

now that the younger folks obviously have better attitudes than their parents and Grandparents??

we can undo the damage of that social lurch to the right.

it makes sense though, that was the LAST decade of the OLD century.

and there was bound to be one more victorian style uprising(started in 1980) before a new dawn in society.

....which is totally what it looks like now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The courts found no evidence that sodomy is "demeaning", "unhealthy", or "harmful".
They had access to scientific facts when they made their determination.
Bottom line, heterosexual intercourse and homosexual intercourse are both legal acts in the U.S. This makes them equal in the eyes of the law.
The courts don't make those judgements, medical doctors do. And they did, as I posted a few back.

Smile.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither is there a requirement to extend rights to an invalid group.
Just remember on the pot topic, endocannabanoid says he is smoking 2 ounces of pot a week.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if that's not the pot calling the kettle "black"... You're a disgraced "pastor", pretending you know about medicine, psychiatry, genetics, etc.
You're a joke...
You slander again. Pure gay troll behavior.

That is why you don't just post the accuser's web page, isn't it?

Go ahead, I dare you.

Smirk.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Marriage as one man and one woman is integrated, same sex marriage is gender segregated.
<quoted text>Same sex marriage is so novel, there are no reliable statistics. Anecdotal evidence shows, one of the couples that first sued Massachusetts for same sex marriage has already divorced.
Divorce maintains consent in marriage; same sex marriage supporters don't understand that fact. If same sex marriage becomes legal, consent will be the next target for the left.
If you value consent, keep marriage one man and one woman.
<quoted text>Male/female marriage is gender diverse while same sex marriage brings a new standard of gender apartheid to marriage.
brain, you talk as if homosexuality will take over the world if we let them get married...

are you serious??

a SMALL minority of gay folks want to marry...

only several hundred thousand have taken the plunge so far....

and their divorce rates are WAY lower.

I take it you found that out, as you didnt refute my claim.

makes sense though huh??

something you have to fight for??? you are not easily going to give up.!!

explain how "consent"

is the "new target" for the left.

you dont seem to have a really good grasp on politics.

equality HAS always been the TARGET for progressives.

hence their name.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been suggested that the far left emigrate to North Korea and join the Communists.
<quoted text>
Atheism is mandated, no one has s gun, social customs are all the same, everyone is "comrade", no dissent is allowed upon pain of "reeducation" or death.
Plus they have a great health system, pay scale is fair for all, it sounds like everything the average liberal desires like Big D.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The courts don't make those judgements, medical doctors do. And they did, as I posted a few back.
Smile.
he KI??

which coutry do you live in...

the country I live in?? the USA??

the courts are indeed the ultimate arbiters of all disputes.

.......and they use professional testimony to make their decisions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgetting for the moment whether anal sex is healthy or not, I ask you why it is that you, and others like you, seem to fixate only on anal sex. Are you aware that there are many gays who do not participate in that particular sexual practice? And there are those of that group who have long-term relationships that rival many heterosexual marriages? And would you say that heterosexuals who practice it are endangering their marriage? Since it is a legal sexual practice, what possible connection could it have on the subject of Marriage Equality?
First, I don't focus 'only on anal sex'.

Second, I made no reference to orientation when I noted the medically validated dangers of anal sex.

Third, when you abuse another person, it is not love. Anal sex is one of the most degrading things that a person could do to another person or in marriage.

Fourth, highlighting the inherent harm, unhealthiness and demeaning nature of anal sex simply and clearly distinguishes between natural normal sex and a defect of nature. It involves the most intimate union between genders, that a duplicate gendered couple can only ever half poorly copy.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

endocannabanoid system wrote:
<quoted text>
the courts are indeed the ultimate arbiters of all disputes.
.......and they use professional testimony to make their decisions.
Which is why I pointed out the professional medical opinion.

PS Most people use common sense to distinguish between a playground and a septic system...

Smirk.
Less Problems

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Another stupid RNC, GOP, Republican

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

endocannabanoid system wrote:
<quoted text>

and their divorce rates are WAY lower.
"their" as in male couples. in the UK male couples were much less likely to dissolve their relationship than were female couples: By the end of 2010, 1.6 % of male civil partnerships had ended in dissolution compared to 3.3 % of female partnerships. Women who want out of their heterosexual marriages file for divorce much sooner than do men who want out of their heterosexual marriages.

A recent US study: Their research found that on average the annual divorce rate for same-sex couples is similar to, though slightly lower than, the rate for different-sex couples. About 1.1 percent of same-sex couples in legal unions end their relationship, they found, while about 2 percent of married different-sex couples divorce.

Why do you lie so much?

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why I pointed out the professional medical opinion.
PS Most people use common sense to distinguish between a playground and a septic system...
Smirk.
Remember you are replying to a person that on the pot topic admitted he smokes 2 ounces of pot a week.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
til it winds up back in court.

get it??
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text> "their" as in male couples. in the UK male couples were much less likely to dissolve their relationship than were female couples: By the end of 2010, 1.6 % of male civil partnerships had ended in dissolution compared to 3.3 % of female partnerships. Women who want out of their heterosexual marriages file for divorce much sooner than do men who want out of their heterosexual marriages.
A recent US study: Their research found that on average the annual divorce rate for same-sex couples is similar to, though slightly lower than, the rate for different-sex couples. About 1.1 percent of same-sex couples in legal unions end their relationship, they found, while about 2 percent of married different-sex couples divorce.
Why do you lie so much?
how could i be lying??

you just confirmed what my claim was, that gays have LOWERR divorce rates....so far.

I didnt differentiate between gay and lesbian couples...

other countries are a good place to start when looking to see how an issue might play out here in america.

universal health care is another good example....

try to calm down, were more or less on the same side of this issue??? right??

you want GAYS to be able to marry??

I want gays to be able to be married...

cheers!!
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Remember you are replying to a person that on the pot topic admitted he smokes 2 ounces of pot a week.
what does that have to do with prop hate??

come on riccardo, it just makes you look small and frustrated when you attack me personally(beyond calling me a leftist)

we agree on this subject.... gays should be free to marry if they please.

you EVEN TRIED medical marijuana once, but didnt like it.

now you are pushing your beifes on the subject......none of which are based on scientic study...

everyubody know there is TONS of worthless conrarian agiprop out there....

circulated by big pharma....

to discredit any good MMJ does...

read the "emporor wears no clothes" by jack herer.

he is former reich winger like you.....so mabey you can see eye to eye.......ok he is dead, but his book lives on.

this subject(MMJ) mirrors gay rights, in that both have come a long way in the lst 25 years and receieved widespread approval by the masses.....

we can see that in recent polling.....almost half of american think pot should be legal(including you)

and two thirds of them are for AT least some sort of federal decriminaliztion.

were on the SAME SIDE fool!!

you just dont like my OTHER politics...

and you are also understandable frustrated that romney blew it so badly....
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Medically validated dangers of anal sex? Demeaning, unhealthy?
ahahahahah
ahhaahhaahha
ahahahahhahaha
Then don't do it, prude face. YOU don't get to make that decision for anyone else.
I dont think she realizes how pervasive anal sex is these days....

chicks love it!!

especially the younger ones!!
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh puh-leez. Quit trying to act like you know anything about science. The FACT that there has been a stable gay population across time and all cultures PROVES that homosexuality is normal. Homosexuality is found in EVERY species of animals (that reproduce sexually).
The government isn't "forcing" any view on you. You are free to be the country's biggest dumbass. No one can force you to accept the facts, but no one is going to excuse you for being a liar.
boy does she excersise that right often...

most of anyone here, even more than reichardo...
Less Problems

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Tea Partiers boycott 'too liberal' Fox News because that will show 'em..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 10 hr Ocean 7,835
Vacationing family loses thousands in bicycle t... 10 hr Donny B 5
Black Hair salon in hemet 15 hr Chris 43
topix needs to remove ads 21 hr ads 5
Annoying Teachers! (Aug '11) 21 hr underpaid 72
Illegal immigrants in Menifee 21 hr thot 13
Support the 2nd Amendment? Vote for Chad Bianco... 21 hr what 2
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 23 at 7:52PM PDT