Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#184432 Mar 25, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Brian. Children raised by a married mother and father have better outcomes. That DOES NOT mean that all other combinations fail 100%. There is no rational reason to deny the benefits of marriage to children same sex parents... unless you think punishing their children is a moral thing to do.
According to a recent study, children of a 'committed relationship' have better outcomes. Moreover, the government benefits for default family situations exceed those for married couples! SS couples have a problem with the committed part.

Smile.

Location hidden

#184433 Mar 25, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Check with any university library. Hell, Google it, LazyBoy.
I already did regarding the law.

See my next response to VV.

Location hidden

#184434 Mar 25, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Morality? Who's talking morality? I'm talking science.
Look, the world is round, the sky is blue, and homosexuals are normal. It's not up for discussion.
Why is this so hard for people to get?
More BS gay twirl lies.

The latest science says homosexuality is a epi-marker mistake.

Moreover, the most intimate imitation of natural sex, anal sex, is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. I've posted that fact from a gay friendly medical site many times if someone doesn't have the common sense to know the anus is not a vagina.

Could be just a couple reasons why it's so hard for every culture in all of human history to get...

Snicker.

Location hidden

#184435 Mar 25, 2013
endocannabanoid system wrote:
<quoted text>
that is not QUITE what the american pediatrics association said last week, when they came out in favor of gay marraige.
Yeah, they said anyone outside a 'family' can take the place of a dad. Tell that to your father and see how it goes...

And that was using the same studies that were discredited as unscientific and biased.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#184436 Mar 25, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
"The petitioners [Lawrence and Garner] are entitled to respect for their private lives. The State CANNOT DEMEAN THEIR EXISTENCE OR CONTROL THEIR DESTINY by making their private sexual conduct a crime." (Justice Anthony Kennedy, Lawrence v. Texas).
Sounds like he was saying that homosexual behavior cannot be considered a crime. And if it's not a crime and heterosexual behavior is not a crime, then they must be equally legal under the law.
The ruling made no claim of 'normal' as you claimed.

The ruling was based on private behavior and self-incrimination. If the law made the determination you claim, it would conflict with scientific fact that sodomy obviously is harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

Nor can you claim that sodomy is 'equally' legal under the law. It can only be legal by the avoidance of exposing the inherent harm, unhealthiness and demeaning nature of sodomy. Natural sex has no such hindrance.

Smile.

Location hidden

#184437 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>
"man and women were put on this earth with complimentary sex organs"..........is that your proof?
kinda specualting there arnt we??
Speculation? And you are a doctor?

Funny stupid scary.

That goes along with claiming that pot makes you smarter than common sense.

Smirk.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#184438 Mar 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
More BS gay twirl lies.
The latest science says homosexuality is a epi-marker mistake.
Moreover, the most intimate imitation of natural sex, anal sex, is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. I've posted that fact from a gay friendly medical site many times if someone doesn't have the common sense to know the anus is not a vagina.
Could be just a couple reasons why it's so hard for every culture in all of human history to get...
Snicker.
You are an unadulterated liar! The latest science DOES NOT SAY that homosexuality is an epigenetic mistake.

They have made no final decision re: epigenetics.

And NONE of them are calling it an "epigenetic mistake". That is YOUR own term that you continue to pull from the recesses of your ASS.

Knoxville, TN

#184439 Mar 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The ruling made no claim of 'normal' as you claimed.
The ruling was based on private behavior and self-incrimination. If the law made the determination you claim, it would conflict with scientific fact that sodomy obviously is harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Nor can you claim that sodomy is 'equally' legal under the law. It can only be legal by the avoidance of exposing the inherent harm, unhealthiness and demeaning nature of sodomy. Natural sex has no such hindrance.
Smile.
The courts found no evidence that sodomy is "demeaning", "unhealthy", or "harmful".

They had access to scientific facts when they made their determination.

Bottom line, heterosexual intercourse and homosexual intercourse are both legal acts in the U.S. This makes them equal in the eyes of the law.

Knoxville, TN

#184440 Mar 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Speculation? And you are a doctor?
Funny stupid scary.
That goes along with claiming that pot makes you smarter than common sense.
Smirk.
Well if that's not the pot calling the kettle "black"... You're a disgraced "pastor", pretending you know about medicine, psychiatry, genetics, etc.

You're a joke...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#184441 Mar 25, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
When the people arguing in favor of Proposition 8 had their days in court, they had the opportunity to bring experts indicating that homosexual relationships would have a negative impact on the family. Their experts COULD NOT prove this to Judge Walker's satisfaction.
When the 3 person appellate court heard their arguments, they also did not find in favor of the supporters of Proposition 8.
So, not even the best experts you guys could muster up were able to convince 4 federally appointed judges that homosexual relationships would have a negative impact on the family.
What makes you think that you could do better than them? What makes you believe you know more about the law? What makes you think you know more about same-sex relationships than them?
Judge Walker excluded evidence and witnesses; that's why he misruled. The US Supreme Court has reviewed a state's right to redefine marriage as one man and one woman in Baker v Nelson; that stands as precedent.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#184442 Mar 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
for now... if DOMA falls, any challenge to the states that ban them will be easily overturned on constitutional grounds
You are on the wrong side of right and wrong, and certainly on the wrong side of history
Time will tell as to whether or not I'm on the "wrong see side of history" or not. History may ultimately vindicate those who oppose SSM by proving it, as it did with "no fault' divorce, a bad idea.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#184443 Mar 25, 2013
'perfectly intergrated" really??
Marriage as one man and one woman is integrated, same sex marriage is gender segregated.

last time i checked, the divorce rate among straights was WAY higher than that for same sex couples.
Same sex marriage is so novel, there are no reliable statistics. Anecdotal evidence shows, one of the couples that first sued Massachusetts for same sex marriage has already divorced.

Divorce maintains consent in marriage; same sex marriage supporters don't understand that fact. If same sex marriage becomes legal, consent will be the next target for the left.

If you value consent, keep marriage one man and one woman.

and somehow I doubt you are for
"diversity" in marraige.
Male/female marriage is gender diverse while same sex marriage brings a new standard of gender apartheid to marriage.

“"It's Only Your Opinion"”

Since: Nov 11

Hollywood California

#184444 Mar 25, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Judge Walker excluded evidence and witnesses; that's why he misruled. The US Supreme Court has reviewed a state's right to redefine marriage as one man and one woman in Baker v Nelson; that stands as precedent.
No he didn't you are a liar! Try again,I've read the transcripts meny times and he did NO such thing! Try again bumper sticker boy! What are you going to do when the Supreme court upholds Judge Walkers decision and also the 9th circuit higher courts decision and DOMA also gets overturned? More whining perhaps? I'm betting you haven't even read the transcripts have you?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#184445 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>
last time i checked, the divorce rate among straights was WAY higher than that for same sex couples.
Which demonstrates "straights" no longer take marriage seriously as they did not too long ago. If they did, would SSM be legal, or a consideration at all? Time will tell whether or not married SSCs will continue to experience lower divorce/dissolution rates than "straights".

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#184446 Mar 25, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Bottom line, heterosexual intercourse and homosexual intercourse are both legal acts in the U.S. This makes them equal in the eyes of the law.
"Bottom line"? Pun intended? Simply because they occur does not mean they are equal. Would "homosexual intercourse" constitute "consummation" of the marital relationship?
Some Never Came Home

Beacon, NY

#184447 Mar 25, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Marriage as one man and one woman is integrated, same sex marriage is gender segregated.
<quoted text>Same sex marriage is so novel, there are no reliable statistics. Anecdotal evidence shows, one of the couples that first sued Massachusetts for same sex marriage has already divorced.
Divorce maintains consent in marriage; same sex marriage supporters don't understand that fact. If same sex marriage becomes legal, consent will be the next target for the left.
If you value consent, keep marriage one man and one woman.
<quoted text>Male/female marriage is gender diverse while same sex marriage brings a new standard of gender apartheid to marriage.
If you value Freedom and equality and fairness for all Americans,uphold the unconstitutionality of Prop rightfully rightfully so! 9 states now and D.C. and counting! 3 of those states by popular vote in the last election! 10 years in Massachusetts now and LO and behold not a damn thing has changed marriage wise,other than same sex marriages having a lower divorce rate than heteros! You're bigotry is in fact taking it's last dying gasp so enjoy it while you can!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#184448 Mar 25, 2013
Some Never Came Home wrote:
<quoted text>
If you value Freedom and equality and fairness for all Americans,uphold the unconstitutionality of Prop rightfully rightfully so! 9 states now and D.C. and counting! 3 of those states by popular vote in the last election! 10 years in Massachusetts now and LO and behold not a damn thing has changed marriage wise,other than same sex marriages having a lower divorce rate than heteros! You're bigotry is in fact taking it's last dying gasp so enjoy it while you can!
Absolutely.....freedom....fair ness....equality for all....polygamist families too.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184450 Mar 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Which demonstrates "straights" no longer take marriage seriously as they did not too long ago. If they did, would SSM be legal, or a consideration at all? Time will tell whether or not married SSCs will continue to experience lower divorce/dissolution rates than "straights".
You donít take it more seriously

We do, being forced to stay in a bad marriage is not the key to saving marriage but to belittling it

Staying in a marriage because you are in a good marriage strengthens it

we will see, very shortly, although in truth, we have already seen, more and more states and nations are recognizing gay marriage
christina remzy

United States

#184451 Mar 25, 2013
It does not matter to me gays and lesbos should be happy like any person I'm not going to be gay just because they pass that law I'm happy the way I'm
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184452 Mar 25, 2013
christina remzy wrote:
It does not matter to me gays and lesbos should be happy like any person I'm not going to be gay just because they pass that law I'm happy the way I'm
So am I, but many of the people here can only be happy if they make other people unhappy.

That is thier goal

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How come all Hemet sex offenders addresses aren... (Dec '08) 9 hr lARRY mILLER9626 12
Review: R G Deck Coatings Inc 10 hr Annonymous 1
San Jacinto Woman Accused of Stabbing Boyfriend... Wed lupita garcia 1
corruption with Riverside county CPS Wed Chris 10
One of Two Suspects Arrested in Jack-in-the-Box... Dec 23 Amazed 12
San JacintoUnlock parks, San Jacinto residents say Dec 22 SJskin 1
Water main Break Shadow Mountain Way Dec 22 hemetone 2

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE