Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
160,581 - 160,600 of 200,325 Comments Last updated 26 min ago
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#183945
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
It raises an ethical question. Should such s "cure" be utilized? If it could be determined in the womb, and, obviously this is speculative, its possible to correct "unusual", or , no offense intended, "abnormality", should it be done? With any "abnormality" not just "orientation"?
I am not sure the religious can be cured, the only thing we can do for the abnormal followers of religion is to try and reason with them through the distortion of their disease.

If the religious could be cured I would be all for that.

I do certainly feel sorry for them

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#183947
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Big D wrote:
I am not sure the religious can be cured, the only thing we can do for the abnormal followers of religion is to try and reason with them through the distortion of their disease. If the religious could be cured I would be all for that. I do certainly feel sorry for them
Doctors used to feel that same way about homosexuality.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#183948
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure the religious can be cured, the only thing we can do for the abnormal followers of religion is to try and reason with them through the distortion of their disease.
If the religious could be cured I would be all for that.
I do certainly feel sorry for them
Oh Madone! Is it possible you could use your superior intellect and offer an opinion without invoking your distain for religion?
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#183949
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
you had me until your last sentence.
it's the selfish "godless" republicans of the 80s that turned me away from being a republican. i couldn't stand how they treated "those people" they deemed beneath them. and still do to this day.
my pastor likes to say that jesus was a liberal - he believed in feeding and clothing the poor, healing the sick. and not charging anyone for those services - he did this freely and willingly to all those that asked or needed his help.
yea, "godless liberals". indeed.
Yup you're right, it should have read moral-less liberals. As in lacking morals.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#183950
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in everything Rosie. Only native born citizens can becone president.
Shhhhhhhhh don't let him/her learn that, they'll want to change that too.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#183951
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure the religious can be cured, the only thing we can do for the abnormal followers of religion is to try and reason with them through the distortion of their disease.
If the religious could be cured I would be all for that.
I do certainly feel sorry for them
Smells like religious bigotry to me, and cumming from someone who claims to treat prople equally. Slurp!
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#183952
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

ooops - people .. don't want them to pee themselves over my spelling.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#183953
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

7

6

6

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
It raises an ethical question. Should such s "cure" be utilized? If it could be determined in the womb, and, obviously this is speculative, its possible to correct "unusual", or , no offense intended, "abnormality", should it be done? With any "abnormality" not just "orientation"?
Here's my thoughts on the matter... I'm not sure our scientist or medical professionals have the capability of changing genetic or epigenetic related issues while a fetus is developing.

At best, they may be able to (in the future) determine if a fetus is gay while in the womb.

And if so-called Christian zealots, who want homosexuals eliminated from the planet, get their way, they will simply decide to abort the "damaged", "broken", "defective", "abominable" (these are the words they use to describe us) fetus that women may be carrying.

They compare us to pedophiles, murderers, rapists, etc.

And if you think for one minute that they wouldn't abort a fetus that might genetically be prone to pedophilia, murder, or rape, then you don't understand these so-called Christian fanatics.

Their goal is total elimination of homosexual and transgender people from the face of the planet at ANY COST.

That is a disgusting concept.

To eliminate a group of people who are totally functional; who work and contribute to society; who are capable of full and happy lives--to eliminate such a group from the planet simply because you might have a spiritual belief that runs counter to a minute--a miniscule aspect of their lives, is a disgusting and deplorable act.

That is what Hitler attempted to do. And anyone who believes that eliminating homosexuals from the planet will improve the quality of mankind is simply following the directions of a maniacal mass-murderer.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#183954
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Madone! Is it possible you could use your superior intellect and offer an opinion without invoking your distain for religion?
I believe it's sometimes necessary for one Christian to point out to another Christian that they have strayed from Christ's teachings. This is not disdain for religion. In fact it's the very opposite.

When I hear so-called Christians talk about the elimination of gays from the planet, I don't see them following Christ's teachings at all.

He spoke of loving your neighbor as you love yourself. He spoke of living among one another without judgment. He also said, "Blessed are they that suffer persecution for justice sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#183955
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

5

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Doctors used to feel that same way about homosexuality.
I know they did, and I only talk like that to morons that still do
3up3dOWN

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#183956
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

5

Three UP and three DOWN, now it's Rizzo's turn in the barrel.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#183958
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that term confuse you?
No. And if you had any integrity, you would not have edited out this part of my post:
"What are you talking about?
I'm quite direct."

That shows the term does not confuse me.
And your post shows you are so desperate to "get" me, that you will resort to dishonesty.
LOLSER!

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#183959
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

KiMare wrote:
Fourth, I have already noted before, a cure will likely come. The vast majority of people do not want their children born with defects.
Guess your parents didn't want you! LOL!
:)

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#183964
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, quote where I said any such thing.
Smirk.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fourth, I have already noted before, a cure will likely come. The vast majority of people do not want their children born with defects." (Sunday Mar 17)
You want a "cure" for gay people. Does that not mean that you want us eliminated from the planet?
Noting that science will 'likely' discover a cure, and Christians will avoid utilizing it, in your mind means I want gays eliminated from the planet???

Come on VV, that has to be embarrassing as hell stupid!

I'd admit you were full of it and just plain wrong, simply to pray for some measure of restored credibility.

Or do you want to dig the shit hole deeper?

Smile.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#183965
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, quote where I said any such thing.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Noting that science will 'likely' discover a cure, and Christians will avoid utilizing it, in your mind means I want gays eliminated from the planet???
Do you think they will find a cure for your defect?
Do you think you should have been aborted?
:)
Your parents didn't want you.:)

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#183966
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's my thoughts on the matter... I'm not sure our scientist or medical professionals have the capability of changing genetic or epigenetic related issues while a fetus is developing.
At best, they may be able to (in the future) determine if a fetus is gay while in the womb.
And if so-called Christian zealots, who want homosexuals eliminated from the planet, get their way, they will simply decide to abort the "damaged", "broken", "defective", "abominable" (these are the words they use to describe us) fetus that women may be carrying.
They compare us to pedophiles, murderers, rapists, etc.
And if you think for one minute that they wouldn't abort a fetus that might genetically be prone to pedophilia, murder, or rape, then you don't understand these so-called Christian fanatics.
Their goal is total elimination of homosexual and transgender people from the face of the planet at ANY COST.
That is a disgusting concept.
To eliminate a group of people who are totally functional; who work and contribute to society; who are capable of full and happy lives--to eliminate such a group from the planet simply because you might have a spiritual belief that runs counter to a minute--a miniscule aspect of their lives, is a disgusting and deplorable act.
That is what Hitler attempted to do. And anyone who believes that eliminating homosexuals from the planet will improve the quality of mankind is simply following the directions of a maniacal mass-murderer.
The interesting thing about this post, is that it is exactly the same distortion tactics Hitler used to discredit Jews and Christians like Deitrick Bonhoeffer.

The fact of the matter is that Christians are on the front lines against abortion for any reason. You know that VV, and instead, make a bold-faced lie about what Christians believe and what they would do.

The same thing you foolishly attempted to do with my words and actions.

Do you understand how evil this type of thing is? How your blind pursuit of justifying homosexual behavior has darkened and perverted your thinking and spirit in every way?

I'm scared for you.
Good Old Bill

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#183967
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

7

6

6

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think they will find a cure for your defect?
Do you think you should have been aborted?
:)
Your parents didn't want you.:)
I guess Rose,according to his train of thought and line of thinking his mom should have in fact aborted him? Makes one go Hmmmmmmm........?? LOL,Damn that boy is definitely a whacka doodle do!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#183968
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

6

Some Never Came Home wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on prick,When the Supreme court again overturns Doma
Seriously, you are in your own world aren't you?

"When the SCOTUS AGAIN" What do you mean again, the law has already been invalidated by the lower courts, the SCOTUS wouldn't be doing anything "again" they would simply be affirming the decision.

Oh, and I guess you missed the part where I explained to you not only that Section 3 of DOMA was UNCONSTITUTIONAL but why it was.

You should read slower, and perhaps more than once, it seems you are a bit slow.
Some Never Came Home wrote:
<quoted text>
and Prop 8 in June who cares what you think the azz will be in your hand not mine and it will be you eating the shyte!
Why don't you give than another try, perhaps ask someone for help?
Some Never Came Home wrote:
<quoted text>

I will take great pleasure in that Bigot boy!
Perhaps you would care to share a link to a single post where I presented myself as a bigot? Maybe you could use the one where I explained that DOMA was unconstitutional, or you could even use the one where I stated I had voted against propositions that would limit marriage to one man and one woman- TWICE.

You truly are an idiot.
Some Never Came Home wrote:
<quoted text>

Be careful I've seen you make mistakes all the time but I'm big enough to let them slide,on the other hand you continue to show what an A-hole you truly are!
Excellent, I will wait while you post one.
Some Never Came Home wrote:
<quoted text>
Now move along as I can plainly see what others think of you! LOL
Yeah, I should move on because idiots like Rose, Xbox, and you whom can't formulate a single coherent post don't like me.

You certainly do have delusions of grandeur.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#183969
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The interesting thing about this post, is that it is exactly the same distortion tactics Hitler used to discredit Jews and Christians like Deitrick Bonhoeffer.
...
Godwin's Law.
You lose!
:)

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#183970
Mar 20, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Good Old Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess Rose,according to his train of thought and line of thinking his mom should have in fact aborted him? Makes one go Hmmmmmmm........?? LOL,Damn that boy is definitely a whacka doodle do!
I'm pro-choice.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 17 hr Ocean 7,835
Vacationing family loses thousands in bicycle t... 17 hr Donny B 5
Black Hair salon in hemet 22 hr Chris 43
topix needs to remove ads Wed ads 5
Annoying Teachers! (Aug '11) Wed underpaid 72
Illegal immigrants in Menifee Wed thot 13
Support the 2nd Amendment? Vote for Chad Bianco... Wed what 2
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 24 at 2:28AM PDT

•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hemet News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hemet
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••