Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,029)

Showing posts 160,561 - 160,580 of199,079
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
I take it you are not familiar with Abraham Lincoln, the great Whig
Zzzz...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
The argument in the country is starting to change, anyone notice.
Now that 11 states and one district recognize SSM, the argument is now, why are same sex couples treated differently in one state than another, isnít freedom for all Americans?
Perfect :)
That is now what businesses are asking the federal government, they are saying it is a business imperative that they be able to attract and move the best people for the job from state to state regardless of their orientation, that SSM needs to be recognized nationally.
Yeah, who needs that silly 9th and 10th Amendment? To hell with it, let's just toss this entire silly idea of a Republican form of government.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not a theocracy, stud. We're a democratic republic.
Nope, we are a Constitutional Republic. The founders did not in any way shape or form create a democracy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Or just because a few states have redefined marriage in their states, why should they have to as well, when the voters of the latter states said no?
<quoted text>
Uh huh....so they can't get the best people without nationwide SSM? Sigh.....
So I guess that means my concealed carry permit is now good in all 50 States too now, right?

At least if we use their logic, but of course this philosophy really only counts when it is something they want.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Zzzz...
Quick, someone help Rose, she is forgetting to breath again.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
So I guess that means my concealed carry permit is now good in all 50 States too now, right?
At least if we use their logic, but of course this philosophy really only counts when it is something they want.
Good point.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, I said "IF that were the case, gay people would just marry a friend of the opposite sex." IOW, IF the only thing gay people were interested in were benefits, they would just marry friends of the opposite sex, and not fight for gay marriage.
That's funny, considering anyone could say they are married, hell they could even create a church that would perform homosexual marriages. BTW, they already exist Rose. Stop acting like this fight has nothing to do with benefits, benefits have EVERYTHING to do with it.

Your dishonesty combined with your illogical ranting are why people don't take you seriously.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in everything Rosie. Only native born citizens can becone president.
Natural- not native.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
If voters had their way in the South, blacks and other minorities would likely still not have equal rights.
It took federal intervention by way of physical force (The National Guard), federal laws, and Supreme Court decisions to make Southern states integrate the races, enact voting rights, etc.
All of which violated the Constitution.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Quick, someone help Rose, she is forgetting to breath again.
Breath again?
If you forget to breathe it would be best not to do anything.
Except laugh.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny, considering anyone could say they are married, hell they could even create a church that would perform homosexual marriages. BTW, they already exist Rose. Stop acting like this fight has nothing to do with benefits, benefits have EVERYTHING to do with it.
Your dishonesty combined with your illogical ranting are why people don't take you seriously.
Stupid, I never said the fight had *nothing* to do with benefits, it's just not the only thing. If it were, gay people could just marry friends, or strangers for that matter, of the opposite sex and get the benefits. Clearly something else is involved.

You take me seriously, you are fixated on me. You keep trying to "get" me. It's actually kind of funny.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Breath again?
If you forget to breathe it would be best not to do anything.
Except laugh.
Fail.

But that's nothing new for you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, I never said the fight had *nothing* to do with benefits, it's just not the only thing. If it were, gay people could just marry friends, or strangers for that matter, of the opposite sex and get the benefits. Clearly something else is involved.
You take me seriously, you are fixated on me. You keep trying to "get" me. It's actually kind of funny.
I don't need to try very hard to get you, I just need to show up.

BTW Rose, if there were NO benefits to marriage, you wouldn't see homosexuals fighting for the "right" to marry. This most certainly is about benefits Rose, you aren't fighting for the use of a word you moron.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to try very hard to get you, I just need to show up.
BTW Rose, if there were NO benefits to marriage, you wouldn't see homosexuals fighting for the "right" to marry. This most certainly is about benefits Rose, you aren't fighting for the use of a word you moron.

You are so stupid it's funny.
Do you have some kind of point?
If the point is that you are a moron who is fixated me, that was made long time ago.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so stupid it's funny.
Do you have some kind of point?
If the point is that you are a moron who is fixated me, that was made long time ago.
You are dancing again Rose.

People present "points" to you all the time, you simply can't reply to them intelligently so you dance.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, we are a Constitutional Republic. The founders did not in any way shape or form create a democracy.
split hairs, if you will, but we are most certainly NOT a theocracy.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dancing again Rose.
People present "points" to you all the time, you simply can't reply to them intelligently so you dance.
Dance? What are you talking about?
I'm quite direct.
If you had any integrity, you'd have to admit that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
split hairs, if you will, but we are most certainly NOT a theocracy.
It's not "splitting hairs" it is a very distinct difference. The founder's fought for month's through the ratification debates to show that we were not to be a "democracy" that we were not a "national" government, but that we were in fact a republic with a federal government that was restricted in its powers through the specific enumerations contained within the Constitution. Go read the State Ratification debates, hell, Madison and Hamilton devoted no less than 4 of the Federalist papers to this topic.

There are not minor things, they should be taught, and they need to be understood. Many people spend their days on this thread screaming about "Constitutional Right's" when they don't have a damn clue what the true meaning of the words contained within the document.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dance?
Does that term confuse you?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Apollo11911 wrote:
<quoted text>No Dummy Apollo is a god.
No Dummy Apollo is a theater.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 160,561 - 160,580 of199,079
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Single men in Hemet 9 min mesohh 7
ANTI-ABORTION: Roe v Wade commemorations in Hem... 3 hr there is no god 2
Recall papers served on 3 Hemet council members 5 hr Hemet is good 16
Hemet Council Election 2014. (Jan '13) 5 hr Hemet is great 31
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 8 hr Activity 15,657
Why is hemet racist ?!? 10 hr Farout 7
sad sad sad:/ 10 hr Sofia 9
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hemet People Search