Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,148

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
right

United States

#183903 Mar 19, 2013
The first sign of aids is a pounding sensation in your ass.
Randy-Rock-Hudso n

Midland, NC

#183904 Mar 19, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose has the memory and attention span of a goldfish. Damn near the IQ of one too, though I think the fish has her on that one.
Yes, but I believe that he has his sights set on "prawndom" ...
Randy-Rock-Hudso n

Midland, NC

#183905 Mar 19, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're claiming you do have to be able to procreate in order to marry? LOL!
What pisses you off is that gay marriage has now been passed by popular vote, and you are on the losing side. Well, you are a loser.
You guys just keep spouting off with that most obvious of lies...

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#183906 Mar 19, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
If voters had their way in the South, blacks and other minorities would likely still not have equal rights.
The flaw in that argument is that as a man, you have the same right to marry as any other man. No one voted to declare men and women interchangeable, the voted to constitutionally define a relationship that apparently some folks were confused about.
It took federal intervention by way of physical force (The National Guard), federal laws, and Supreme Court decisions to make Southern states integrate the races, enact voting rights, etc.
Prior to federal intervention, blacks had two choices; leave the South or stay and be subjected inequality.
Should we call in the National Guard to enforce gender integration in marriage?
Gays are doing the same thing. We've moved away from our rural hometowns into urban areas where there are more tolerant and affirming communities. Gay and lesbian people are statistically more educated and affluent. We take pride in our urban neighborhoods, raising the property value of the properties around us. In fact, many rural communities study “Gay Brain Drain” to see what they can do to keep us from moving away.
Very commendable.
Until politicians, religious leaders, and communities are willing to make us welcome, we will continue move to urban areas. We will also fight laws and policies that do not support the rights we believe we are entitled to. We will do this at the ballot box, in the court house, through community organization, in the media, through education, etc.
That's the American way.
We aren't going away. We will never go away. It is up to YOU to learn to live with us.
Sigh...relax VV put down the rainbow flag, simply because people oppose redefining marriage, including some gay folks for the very same reason I do, doesn't mean ya have yo run for the hills.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#183907 Mar 19, 2013
RicardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on a fake profile here because I'm pretty sure the real ricardo fire annoys everyone on this forum. I just got done reading your arguments w this other person and I gotta say I would usually never get involved in someone else's beef, but this person is owning u so bad its pretty funny. You're not on the same intelligence level so y r u trying to sound intelligent. U think that by writing smile or snicker at the end of ur post that somehow it makes it better? U sound like u have a very low self-esteem and ur trying ur hardest to prove that you're right, but deep down inside u know that you're totally being owned. You're beef isn't w this other person, its with yourself homie. What about u is so insignificant, that other peoples sexuality, and rights threaten who u r? U should probably think hard about what is the actual root of your insecurities, and figure out how you're going to change that.
Snicker (nah jk I'm not as insecure as u r....Smile haha)
Wow, that was so deep, I almost couldn't understand that you were trolling me because you have no logical response.

But hey, thank you for your 'opinion'.

Snicker smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#183908 Mar 19, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I compare you to Hitler because you both advocate the same thing. You both believe that purity of the human race is in part based on the elimination of homosexuals. Is this not true? If I'm mistaken, please "straighten" me out.(wink)
Please, quote where I said any such thing.

Smirk.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#183909 Mar 19, 2013
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D.
Yes. I agree. Although Adams might have been motivated by ulterior considerations, he could have truthfully represented the United States to not have been "...in any sense, founded on the Christian religion" because the founders did not establish an "official" Government Christian church, as I previously stated.
Ronald
Good you know more than most Christians I have talked to, I will give you that.

And I will defend your rights to believe, and will even defend your children from being indoctrinated in a religon other than you prefer, as long as you grant me the same right and protect them from yours.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#183910 Mar 19, 2013
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
I take it you are not familiar with Abraham Lincoln, the great Whig
Zzzz...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#183911 Mar 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
The argument in the country is starting to change, anyone notice.
Now that 11 states and one district recognize SSM, the argument is now, why are same sex couples treated differently in one state than another, isn’t freedom for all Americans?
Perfect :)
That is now what businesses are asking the federal government, they are saying it is a business imperative that they be able to attract and move the best people for the job from state to state regardless of their orientation, that SSM needs to be recognized nationally.
Yeah, who needs that silly 9th and 10th Amendment? To hell with it, let's just toss this entire silly idea of a Republican form of government.

Location hidden

#183912 Mar 19, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not a theocracy, stud. We're a democratic republic.
Nope, we are a Constitutional Republic. The founders did not in any way shape or form create a democracy.

Location hidden

#183913 Mar 19, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Or just because a few states have redefined marriage in their states, why should they have to as well, when the voters of the latter states said no?
<quoted text>
Uh huh....so they can't get the best people without nationwide SSM? Sigh.....
So I guess that means my concealed carry permit is now good in all 50 States too now, right?

At least if we use their logic, but of course this philosophy really only counts when it is something they want.

Location hidden

#183914 Mar 19, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Zzzz...
Quick, someone help Rose, she is forgetting to breath again.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#183915 Mar 19, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
So I guess that means my concealed carry permit is now good in all 50 States too now, right?
At least if we use their logic, but of course this philosophy really only counts when it is something they want.
Good point.

Location hidden

#183916 Mar 19, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, I said "IF that were the case, gay people would just marry a friend of the opposite sex." IOW, IF the only thing gay people were interested in were benefits, they would just marry friends of the opposite sex, and not fight for gay marriage.
That's funny, considering anyone could say they are married, hell they could even create a church that would perform homosexual marriages. BTW, they already exist Rose. Stop acting like this fight has nothing to do with benefits, benefits have EVERYTHING to do with it.

Your dishonesty combined with your illogical ranting are why people don't take you seriously.

Location hidden

#183917 Mar 19, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in everything Rosie. Only native born citizens can becone president.
Natural- not native.

Location hidden

#183918 Mar 19, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
If voters had their way in the South, blacks and other minorities would likely still not have equal rights.
It took federal intervention by way of physical force (The National Guard), federal laws, and Supreme Court decisions to make Southern states integrate the races, enact voting rights, etc.
All of which violated the Constitution.

North Hollywood, CA

#183921 Mar 19, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Quick, someone help Rose, she is forgetting to breath again.
Breath again?
If you forget to breathe it would be best not to do anything.
Except laugh.

North Hollywood, CA

#183922 Mar 19, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny, considering anyone could say they are married, hell they could even create a church that would perform homosexual marriages. BTW, they already exist Rose. Stop acting like this fight has nothing to do with benefits, benefits have EVERYTHING to do with it.
Your dishonesty combined with your illogical ranting are why people don't take you seriously.
Stupid, I never said the fight had *nothing* to do with benefits, it's just not the only thing. If it were, gay people could just marry friends, or strangers for that matter, of the opposite sex and get the benefits. Clearly something else is involved.

You take me seriously, you are fixated on me. You keep trying to "get" me. It's actually kind of funny.

Location hidden

#183923 Mar 19, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Breath again?
If you forget to breathe it would be best not to do anything.
Except laugh.
Fail.

But that's nothing new for you.

Location hidden

#183924 Mar 19, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, I never said the fight had *nothing* to do with benefits, it's just not the only thing. If it were, gay people could just marry friends, or strangers for that matter, of the opposite sex and get the benefits. Clearly something else is involved.
You take me seriously, you are fixated on me. You keep trying to "get" me. It's actually kind of funny.
I don't need to try very hard to get you, I just need to show up.

BTW Rose, if there were NO benefits to marriage, you wouldn't see homosexuals fighting for the "right" to marry. This most certainly is about benefits Rose, you aren't fighting for the use of a word you moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bums on bikes 2 hr Right 4
corruption with Riverside county CPS 3 hr Chris 3
Hemet - The worst city to live in california 7 hr Chris 10
Review: Hemet Family Dentist,Dr Vimal Patel,DDS Dec 15 Michael2327 1
One of Two Suspects Arrested in Jack-in-the-Box... Dec 15 lupita garcia 8
One dead, one wounded after incident in Hemet p... (Dec '08) Dec 15 Chris 49
The under ground tunnel , Florida ave. downtown... (Oct '11) Dec 14 Reva 78

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match