Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,023)

Showing posts 160,441 - 160,460 of200,211
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

akaidiot wrote:
<quoted text>
What other connection should I have made to your reference of Loving v Virginia and how the founders would have felt about the decision other than to make one with racism?
Since the issue in Loving v Virginia was RACE, and you want to know how the founders would feel about it, why wouldn't we look at how they felt about slavery which was also an issue of RACE?

Come on, you fked up. Grow a pair and admit it. I was talking about a marriage case and the 14th Amendment. Either you didn't understand what I wrote, or you didn't understand what you copy/pasted.
akaidiot wrote:
I know you really have trouble with critical thinking Rose, but come on, even a 2 year old could have connected those dots.
There were no dots. You are just an idiot with no balls.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that would be you.
More unintellectual banter from you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, you fked up. Grow a pair and admit it. I was talking about a marriage case and the 14th Amendment. Either you didn't understand what I wrote, or you didn't understand what you copy/pasted.
How do you expect people to comprehend your incoherent ramblings?

BTW, you were talking about the decision in Loving v Virginia, not the 14th Amendment.

If you can't keep up with your own nonsense how do you expect others to?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
More unintellectual banter from you.
LOL. As opposed to the intellectual banter above?
Thanks for the chuckles.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. As opposed to the intellectual banter above?
Thanks for the chuckles.
Is this you attempting to sound intelligent?

How cute.

BTW Rose, why don't you explain to us what exactly you mean by- "How would the founders feel about the Loving v Virginia decision"- if not that of racism?

We will wait.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this you attempting to sound intelligent?
How cute.
BTW Rose, why don't you explain to us what exactly you mean by- "How would the founders feel about the Loving v Virginia decision"- if not that of racism?
We will wait.
Wait.

You fked up. I was talking about the 14th Amendment and marriage, you copy/pasted stuff about slavery.
LOLSER!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait.
You fked up. I was talking about the 14th Amendment and marriage, you copy/pasted stuff about slavery.
LOLSER!
You really are an idiot aren't you.

Since you can't seem to remember your own nonsense. My response was in regards to your comments regarding- Loving v Virginia, the 13th Amendment and Slavery, and how the Founders would feel about each of them.

This is your post you moron:
"LOL. Actually, the don't matter at all. They are worm poop now, and have been for centuries. Things have changed. Slavery is no longer allowed, 13th Amendment. Women can vote, 19th Amendment. Wonder how they would have felt about Loving v VA. Doesn't matter, what mattered was how the Supreme Court felt about it in 1967."

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/fairfield-ca/...

No mention of the 14th Amendment in your post, just mentions of Slavery and the Loving v Virginia decision, hence my response.

Try to keep up moron.
BanOn

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Still plowing the underground bBS lockers.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait.
LOLSER!
Rose_NoHo.

Actually, the founding fathers had nothing to do with the 14th Amendment. When the Republicans imposed their infamous 14th Amendment, it effectively overturned the Constitution the founding fathers gave us. Its purpose was to punish non-Homosexual White Christian males who objected to the Republican invasion. As you know, the Republican's 14th Amendment enfranchised the Africans while at the same time the Republicans disenfranchised non-Homosexual White Christian males, as well as denying their right to be elected to or to hold public office. Our non-Homosexual founding fathers would turn over in their graves if they knew the right of two persons of the same SEX to marry one another - including the lesbians - was being promoted on "constitutional grounds".

Ronald

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you can't seem to remember your own nonsense. My response was in regards to your comments regarding- Loving v Virginia, the 13th Amendment and Slavery, and how the Founders would feel about each of them.
"LOL. Actually, the don't matter at all. They are worm poop now, and have been for centuries. Things have changed. Slavery is no longer allowed, 13th Amendment. Women can vote, 19th Amendment. Wonder how they would have felt about Loving v VA. Doesn't matter, what mattered was how the Supreme Court felt about it in 1967."
No mention of the 14th Amendment in your post, just mentions of Slavery and the Loving v Virginia decision, hence my response.
Try to keep up moron.
Well, dummy, I said:
"Wonder how they would have felt about Loving v VA.(no mention there of slavery) Doesn't matter, what mattered was how the Supreme Court felt about it in 1967."
The 14th Amendment was sited in Loving v VA. Anybody familiar with the case knows that, there was no need to mention it. Study the case.
"This case presents a constitutional question never addressed by this Court: whether a statutory scheme adopted by the State of Virginia to prevent marriages between persons solely on the basis of racial classifications violates the Equal Protection and Due Process Clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment."
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/histori...
Your fixation on me is amusing.
Why don't just admit you messed up?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to keep up moron.
akpilot.

You are right. Until the Republicans imposed their infamous 13th Amendment, slavery was never expressly permitted by the Constitution.

Ronald

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
Actually, the founding fathers had nothing to do with the 14th Amendment. When the Republicans imposed their infamous 14th Amendment, it effectively overturned the Constitution the founding fathers gave us. Its purpose was to punish non-Homosexual White Christian males who objected to the Republican invasion. As you know, the Republican's 14th Amendment enfranchised the Africans while at the same time the Republicans disenfranchised non-Homosexual White Christian males, as well as denying their right to be elected to or to hold public office. Our non-Homosexual founding fathers would turn over in their graves if they knew the right of two persons of the same SEX to marry one another - including the lesbians - was being promoted on "constitutional grounds".
Ronald
I have to chuckle a little when I read you racist, bigoted, haters whining like a little biotch. How does it feel to be powerless to stop the progression of the human race? BTW, you have no idea what our founding people had in mind when they wrote the constitution. Try educating yourself so you donít sound like such a sniveling idiot.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
akpilot.
You are right. Until the Republicans imposed their infamous 13th Amendment, slavery was never expressly permitted by the Constitution.
Ronald
By the way; your not so cunning bigoted, racist way of attempting to insight Rose only shows how inferior she makes you feel. The same is true for akidiot, although I must admit I donít read most of itís posts as they are completely devoid of substance and logic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, dummy, I said:
Hey Dummy, we know what you said, I posted it for all to see. I even included a link to the original text.

You have been crying on and on about how you were talking about the 14th Amendment and I posted some nonsense about slavery, when in your post you didn't mention the 14th Amendment ONCE!! You did however mention SLAVERY and LOVING v VIRGINIA.

So yes Rose, you fk'd up, and you should admit it.

But we know you won't, you are just too damn ignorant.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
akidiot, although I must admit I donít read most of itís posts as they are completely devoid of substance and logic.
Yes, for you, quotes from the founder's, citations of court cases and direct references to the Constitution do not constitute "substance."

This most certainly is a result of your inability to comprehend such topics and references.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dummy, we know what you said, I posted it for all to see. I even included a link to the original text.
You have been crying on and on about how you were talking about the 14th Amendment and I posted some nonsense about slavery, when in your post you didn't mention the 14th Amendment ONCE!! You did however mention SLAVERY and LOVING v VIRGINIA.
So yes Rose, you fk'd up, and you should admit it.
But we know you won't, you are just too damn ignorant.
I didn't have to mention the 14th Amendment, anybody familiar with Loving v VA knows it sites the 14th Amendment.
And I said: ""Wonder how they would have felt about Loving v VA.(no mention there of slavery or the 13th Amendment) Doesn't matter, what mattered was how the Supreme Court felt about it in 1967."
I was only wondering about how they would feel about Loving v VA. That's why I didn't mention slavery in that part.
LOL! This is so much fun.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to chuckle a little when I read you racist, bigoted, haters whining like a little biotch. How does it feel to be powerless to stop the progression of the human race? BTW, you have no idea what our founding people had in mind when they wrote the constitution. Try educating yourself so you donít sound like such a sniveling idiot.
Marram.

What are you babbling on about? If our non Homosexual founding fathers "had in mind" the "legalization" of unnatural "marriages" between two persons of the same SEX, the African and non-African Homosexuals - as well as the cute little lesbians - would be quoting them, rather than relying on the Republican's dastardly 14th Amendment, an Amendment that was imposed long after the founding fathers had died.

Ronald

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't have to mention the 14th Amendment, anybody familiar with Loving v VA knows it sites the 14th Amendment.
And I said: ""Wonder how they would have felt about Loving v VA.(no mention there of slavery or the 13th Amendment) Doesn't matter, what mattered was how the Supreme Court felt about it in 1967."
I was only wondering about how they would feel about Loving v VA. That's why I didn't mention slavery in that part.
LOL! This is so much fun.
Dance puppet dance.

I would call you a tool but that would imply that there was something useful about you. So I will just stick with fact- You're an idiot.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Fk the majority of society. The Constitution promises all equal rights. Do you understand that so far? And you morons keep saying it's just about "the benefits and insurance benefits". Well, if that were the case, gay people would just marry a friend of the opposite sex.
Oh my gawd how funny is mo ho. Does more good for the anti gays than anone else. Shows how narcisstic and self centered (besides just plain stupid) that self pleasing, self centered, skank, alley walking, transgendered, sausage cankle legged, back door tramp is. Whew! Need to wash my mouth after that.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Marram.
What are you babbling on about? If our non Homosexual founding fathers "had in mind" the "legalization" of unnatural "marriages" between two persons of the same SEX, the African and non-African Homosexuals - as well as the cute little lesbians - would be quoting them, rather than relying on the Republican's dastardly 14th Amendment, an Amendment that was imposed long after the founding fathers had died.
Ronald
We are not limited to those beliefs held by the founding fathers.

Our freedom of the press is not limited to only ink presses, but has been extended to include the internet.

Freedom expands.

In the history of this country there has been one amendment which sought to curtail freedom. It is also the only amendment we've had to repeal.

Gay marriage is a done deal. Conservatives lost.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 160,441 - 160,460 of200,211
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr Skeet give more 7,811
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr Go Play 4,846
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr This topics peaked 15,911
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) 9 hr Vicky 473
Omg!! I can't believe my eyes so many blacks in... (May '13) 14 hr ladytntad 167
Retired CHP are lying cheats Thu Gabe R Gomez 1
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... Thu Chris 39
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••