Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
160,281 - 160,300 of 200,565 Comments Last updated 14 hrs ago

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Same question.
If you don't know the cause how can you assert the result?
The epi-marker defect is all but proved. What does that say about the APA?
Snicker.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what's funny? If you google the words "epi-marker defect" or "epi-marker mistake" (with quotations) the only results you'll get are your comments on topix.
There aren't any scientists who use those terms. You made them up.
And what do you think will happen "if" someone finds out how to determine if an embryo has the potential to be gay--to have a "birth defect", as you like to say?
Obviously there's not going to be a "cure"--at least not for several generations.
Will you suddenly become an advocate for abortion? Will you want to kill the gay embryos? Will you demand that they be hacked to pieces and sucked out of their mother's wombs?
Bottom line, you're an idiot... You wouldn't know an "epi-marker" if it jumped up and slapped you in the face.
Get a life. Stop pretending to be a scientist.
First, we both acknowledge how stupid your assertions were that;

1. There is no pursuit of understanding homosexuality by real professionals.

2. The undiagnosed condition of homosexuality can be arbitrarily defined as 'normal'.

Second, it is interesting that you decry my terminology, but fail to post what scientists DO say about epi-marker defects. Let me help you;

http://now.msn.com/
epigenetics-study-may-explain- how-homosexuality-is-passed-on -through-epi-marks

"A new study shows that homosexuality may be the result of epigenetics, which regulates how genes are expressed using epi-marks. These sex-specific triggers perform helpful tasks, such as regulating masculinization or feminization of fetuses during development. Normally, epi-marks vanish and aren't inherited by the next generation, but in some cases, a stubborn epi-marker from a parent may stick around and get passed on to an opposite-sex child, instilling Mom's fashion sense in Raul or Dad's baritone in Suzi. Lead researcher William Rice hopes to prove his theory in the next six months."

Normally, the use of the word 'normally' precludes a distinction between normal and abnormal. A defect or mistake. Would you prefer I use the word abnormal?

Third, you make the very mistake you falsely accuse me of, trying to be a scientist. I simply and accurately quote what they say. You on the other hand, foolishly attempt to predict when a cure will occur (an admission of defect by the way).

Fourth, I have already noted before, a cure will likely come. The vast majority of people do not want their children born with defects. Moreover, they would like grandchildren, so the one thing you are right about is the use of abortion or some other means to prevent it. However, I also have noted that abortion is not a choice for Christians. In essence, we are the gays ONLY hope for existence!

Which begs the question, why are you being so mean to us?

Finally, VV, do you understand how stupid all your gay twirling will look when homosexuality is understood and even cured? Think about it. The historical response to homosexuality by every culture vindicated. All the people, faiths and institutions gays maligned exonerated. Do you think there may be even a violent reaction by people who were deliberately deceived? Pretty sobering...

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Same question.
Snicker.
<quoted text>
You mean like the theory of evolution?
Snicker smile.
You trying to prove that being gay is genetic, and that this is a good reason to deny gay folks equality under the law?

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sex sexual behavior is not new. Use of the term "homosexual" to describe it, or those who engage in such behavior, is relatively new.
But people who can only be attracted to the same gender are NOT new - only our knowledge of what that means and the terms used to describe it, are.

You would still need a valid state interest in denying equal protection under the law gay couples when it comes to marriage, though, regardless of how our knowledge has grown, or the changes in the terms we use.

Can you provide that?

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooooooooooo...."Other than hatred".....soooooo scary.....oh the humanity...you've been spiking the rainbow kool aid again. In your world, if anyone opposes legal ssm, the secular sacred cow, it's automatically done out of "hatred".......
We only consider things to be hate based if they harm others, with no rational basis for that harm.

So, if your basic argument boils down to the idea that you don't want gay Americans to be allowed the same basic civil rights that you demand, and you shudder at the idea that their families might have the same security and protections that you want for your family, simply because you don't understand or like them, then yes, that comes off as hate.

It's certainly not love, or even indifference.

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Same question.
Snicker.
<quoted text>
Snicker smile.
If it's been proven, why are the only mentions of it ANYWHERE on the Web, in your posts?

Isn't that odd?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
XBox. Do you think (_________ is going to go away? You can either adapt to reality, or you can go extinct. What else could be put in that blank? Falling marriage rates? Rising cohabitation rates? Plural marriage?
So you see, there's more to it than that.
The only thing I see is a lame dodge at answering the question.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Same question.
Snicker.
<quoted text>
First, we both acknowledge how stupid your assertions were that;
1. There is no pursuit of understanding homosexuality by real professionals.
2. The undiagnosed condition of homosexuality can be arbitrarily defined as 'normal'.
Second, it is interesting that you decry my terminology, but fail to post what scientists DO say about epi-marker defects. Let me help you;
http://now.msn.com/
epigenetics-study-may-explain- how-homosexuality-is-passed-on -through-epi-marks
"A new study shows that homosexuality may be the result of epigenetics, which regulates how genes are expressed using epi-marks. These sex-specific triggers perform helpful tasks, such as regulating masculinization or feminization of fetuses during development. Normally, epi-marks vanish and aren't inherited by the next generation, but in some cases, a stubborn epi-marker from a parent may stick around and get passed on to an opposite-sex child, instilling Mom's fashion sense in Raul or Dad's baritone in Suzi. Lead researcher William Rice hopes to prove his theory in the next six months."
Normally, the use of the word 'normally' precludes a distinction between normal and abnormal. A defect or mistake. Would you prefer I use the word abnormal?
Third, you make the very mistake you falsely accuse me of, trying to be a scientist. I simply and accurately quote what they say. You on the other hand, foolishly attempt to predict when a cure will occur (an admission of defect by the way).
Fourth, I have already noted before, a cure will likely come. The vast majority of people do not want their children born with defects. Moreover, they would like grandchildren, so the one thing you are right about is the use of abortion or some other means to prevent it. However, I also have noted that abortion is not a choice for Christians. In essence, we are the gays ONLY hope for existence!
Which begs the question, why are you being so mean to us?
Finally, VV, do you understand how stupid all your gay twirling will look when homosexuality is understood and even cured? Think about it. The historical response to homosexuality by every culture vindicated. All the people, faiths and institutions gays maligned exonerated. Do you think there may be even a violent reaction by people who were deliberately deceived? Pretty sobering...
You are the gays only hope for existence?????

hahahahaha
ahahahahhahaha
ahahahahahahah
ahahhahahahaha
ahahahahahahah
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
How bout you fagg@t, want a d!ck up your a.ss?
Robert
Try rentboy dot com.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
But people who can only be attracted to the same gender are NOT new - only our knowledge of what that means and the terms used to describe it, are.
Are they? Is is it a matter of different concepts of sexuality today, than, say, for example in Ancient Rome and Greece, where terms such as "heterosexual", and "homosexual" did not exist? It seems that there is a significant sexual political identity element with same sex attraction today. Repeated use of "LGBT" (Why isn't that in alphabetical order?), various gay organizations, rainbow bumper stickers, flags, shirts, etc.

Despite the acceptance of same sex sexual behavior and/or orientation within various cultures in different times and place, it did not necessarily result in SSM, or other formally accepted relationships.
You would still need a valid state interest in denying equal protection under the law gay couples when it comes to marriage, though, regardless of how our knowledge has grown, or the changes in the terms we use.
Can you provide that?
As long as the gay couple is of the opposite sex, there is a valid state interest in that relationship, as there would be in other adult opposite sex relationships in regard to marriage. Remove one sex, replace it with a duplicate of the remaining sex, and the state interest is also removed.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
How bout you fagg@t, want a d!ck up your a.ss?
Robert
You are a very angry man, get some help! Let's hope a person like you never touches a gun.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey fagg@t, how bout a big d!ck up your a.ss?
Robert
Anything else on your mind?
Divorce

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Let Gay Divorce begin.

Finally you got to pay your share!!!

I've been discriminated against as a hetero. Get divorced and pay. Now older gay dudes with cash will give all away. Lose there house. Lose everything

You had it so good. Welcome to the club.

Get ready to lose everything in your gay divorce.

Welcome to equality.
Robsan5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Anything else on your mind?
Yeah, wanta deep throat a big d!ck? You closet case.

Robert

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Same question.
Snicker.
<quoted text>
Snicker smile.
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You trying to prove that being gay is genetic, and that this is a good reason to deny gay folks equality under the law?
So you are going to try again by another slimy shift?

Okay,

First, I'm not trying to prove anything. I don't have to, science already is.

Epigenetics has all but verified that epi-marker abnormalities cause homosexuality.

Second, I'm not denying equal relationships anything either. You are trying to impose an imposter relationship on marriage.

At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Not only do gay relationships fail and contradict that primary purpose, epi-marker defects validate that contradiction. A silly attempt to equate a natural diverse gender relationship with a duplicate defective relationship.

That's just a fact in the quest for truth.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the gays only hope for existence?????
hahahahaha
ahahahahhahaha
ahahahahahahah
ahahhahahahaha
ahahahahahahah
Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's been proven, why are the only mentions of it ANYWHERE on the Web, in your posts?
Isn't that odd?
You might want to check again;
Look up 'epigenetics/epi-marker/homose xuality'
Snicker.
guarantee paid

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Just flush yourselves down rthe nearests toilet.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

http://healthland.time.com/2012/12/13/new-ins...

For an evolutionary biologist, homosexuality is something of a puzzle. Its a common trait, found in up to 10% of the population. It appears to be run in families, suggesting that it is hereditary, at least in part. And yet it defies the very reason why traits are passed on from generation to generation. How could something that hinders childbearing be passed down so frequently from parents to children?

Researchers at the National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis (NIMBioS) think they may have an answer. Its not in written in our DNA sequence itself, they suggest, which explains why scientists have failed so far to find gay genes, despite intensive investigations. Instead, its written in how our genes are expressed: that is, in certain modifications to how and when DNA is activated. These changes can have environmental roots, so are not normally permanent enough to be passed from parent to child. But occasionally, they are.

Its not genetics. Its not DNA. Its not pieces of DNA. Its epigenetics, says Sergey Gavrilets, a NIMBioS researcher and an author on the paper that outlines the new theory of homosexuality, published in The Quarterly Review of Biology.The hypothesis we put forward is based on epigenetic marks, he says.

To be specific, the new theory suggests that homosexuality is caused by epigenetic marks, or epi-marks, related to sensitivity to hormones in the womb. These are compounds that sit on DNA and regulate how active, or inactive certain genes are, and also control when during development these genes are most prolific. Gavrilets and his colleagues believe that gene expression may regulate how a fetus responds to testosterone, the all-important male sex hormone. They further argue that epi-marks may help to buffer a female fetus from high levels of testosterone by suppressing receptors that respond to testosterone, for example,(thus ensuring normal fetal development even in the presence of a lot of testosterone) or to buffer a male fetus from low levels of testosterone by upregulating receptors that bind to the hormone (ensuring normal fetal development even in the absence of high levels of testosterone). Normally, these epi-marks are erased after they are activated, but if those marks are passed down to the next generation, the same epi-marks that protected a man in utero may cause oversensitivity to testosterone among his daughters, and the epi-marks that protected a woman in utero may lead to undersensitivity to testosterone among her sons.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, wanta deep throat a big d!ck? You closet case.
Robert
Does it help to type your favorite thing to do? You sure are witty! lol.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Kimare...

Firstly, I doubt that any scientist ever said, "...a stubborn epi-marker from a parent may stick around and get passed on to an opposite-sex child, instilling Mom's fashion sense in Raul or Dad's baritone in Suzi."

Secondly, neither you nor I know for certain that epigenetics create homosexuality. For the time being it is a theory.

Thirdly, even if epigenetics do somehow play a role in making a child gay, that DOES NOT mean that the epi-gene "malfunctioned" in some way. For all you know, it could be just as natural as any other process that goes into creating human beings.

Fourth, you bring up the negative historical and cultural responses to gays--how one day you guys may be vindicated once you believe a "cure" (I use quotations to indicate how ridiculous such a concept is) is found.
As I said earlier, you're the kind of person who wants everyone to be the same. You want purity and harmony. You ARE Hitler.
In your narrow little world, there isn't any room for diversity. If a gay person pops up, you want to stamp him into non-existence by way of a scientific or religious cure.
Slave owners and segregationists also wanted a cure. They wanted those pesky blacks to know their place--to embrace their positions in life.
They prayed for it. They beat blacks into submission. They strung them up by their necks to set examples.
You are no different than any of them.
I don't say these things to be unkind. Rather, I say them to get your attention!

Fifth; to say that normally people want grandchildren is one of the most egotistical and self-centered comments you have made. Who gives a damn about what you may want? Once your children have become adults, it's simply none of your business how they proceed in life.
A TRUE parent loves their child REGARDLESS of how they turn out. A TRUE parent wants what their child wants; not what the parent wants.

And finally, you DO NOT quote what the scientists say. You're the one who has coined the terms "epi-marker defect" and "epi-marker mistake". You are the one who is putting words into scientist's mouths by saying that this epi-genetic theory represents a "birth defect".
Just because something is "abnormal" does not make it a mistake. Being red headed is "abnormal". Being left-handed is "abnormal". Being 6'10" is "abnormal". But these are not "birth defects".
A defect is something that negatively impacts a person's life. Being gay does not do that. Gay people exist all around your and carry on day-to-day lives without any trouble at all (except when they run into the likes of you).
You and people like you are the ones who try to characterize certain behaviors with a negative connotation.

Do you REALLY think that you glorify God when you attempt to marginalize gays and stir up anti-gay sentiment?
You judge us, even though you are commanded not to do so. You make conclusions about our lives, even though that is not the true Christian way.

Leave us alone. We're not bothering you. You're fighting a battle inside your head. No one is trying to "gay marry" you. No one is trying to convert you to homosexuality. We are not bothering you. Just let us live our lives and we'll all be much happier.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 7 min Donny B 7,922
HEMET GAYS! new2this 7 hr umyeah 4
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) 8 hr umyeah 474
The Waterfalls (May '09) 8 hr hiker2 17
Abandoned Insane Asylum In Hemet.... (Jun '09) 17 hr michelle 58
gays 22 hr Hemetthebeast 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 23 hr matches lighters 15,961

Search the Hemet Forum:
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE