Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201809 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#183592 Mar 16, 2013
Some Never Came Home wrote:
<quoted text>
And I wasn't aware that your dog could give you legally informed "Adult"consent! How ridiculous and stupid your post is! Care to try again Ronald? D-U-H!
Some Never Came Home.

I can see you are skilled in the art of the Non-sequitur. We dog lovers never butcher and eat our four footed canine Honeys', but millions of our innocent animal friends are butchered and eaten by Homosexual Africans and non-Homosexual Africans and Homosexual and non-Homosexual non-Africans without their ever having given their "informed consent" for them to do so. Let's get back on track. The subject is marriage equality for we dog lovers in accordance with the Republican's infamous 14th Amendment to the Constitution.

Ronald

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#183593 Mar 16, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Mesolithic rock art in Sicily, which is believed to have been created somewhere between 9,000 BC and 5,000 BC, depicts phallic male figures in pairs that have been interpreted variously, including as hunters, acrobats, religious initiates and depictions of homosexual intercourse.
Looks like homosexuality has been a part of mankind for some 7,000 to 11,000 years.
Cultures have come and gone. Civilizations have risen and fallen. But homosexuality has endured.
Of course homosexuals have existed throughout human history. No one is disputing that. Do you have a major comprehension problem??? Or are you just being deceitful again???

Which only highlights your problem. Marriage has been a part of every single one of those cultures. No speculation about cave drawings is needed.

On the other hand, out of thousands of cultures, with gays present in every single one, and no single religion to be blamed, there has never been one single culture that has gay 'marriage' from start to finish.

That is extremely profound.

Smirk.
Some Never Came Home

Tempe, AZ

#183594 Mar 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The pursuit of understanding the cause of homosexuality has not ended. Moreover, if scientists and medical professionals don't know the cause, how can they determine it is not a disorder?
As a 'professional' social worker, you spout this stupidity? Scary sad.
The fact is, scientists are very close to validating that homosexuality is a epi-marker mistake. A defect.
Try your gay twirl somewhere else liar.
Smirk.
How could the APA make the decision that homosexuality was not and is not a disorder? Easy,because gays can and do in the vast majority of cases lead a normal,productive and happy life! The very same as us straights! Therefore it is not nor has it ever been a disorder! Try again defect boy! Pot meet kettle! And as Rose has asked many times,should you have been aborted? LOL

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#183595 Mar 16, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering the voters of California voted to define marriage as a union of husband and wife, and the previous efforts to preserve that definition of marriage, I would say his orientation influenced his decision.
<quoted text>
Did the panel identify themselves as "heterosexual"?
So, should divorced judges not hear divorce cases?

Should judges who own land not hear cases involving land disputes?

Should judges who invest their money not hear cases involving investment firms?

All of these judges could potentially have a conflict of interest in setting a precidence for later cases.

You're implying that a judge appointed by Reagan--a judge who as an attorney argued against an organization called "The Gay Olympics" and won--you're implying that he cannot be objective?

And finally re: the three judges who sat on the appeals hearing:

--Edward Leavy married Eileen Hagenauer, and subsequently raised four children.
--Michael Hawkins has been married for 47 years to Phyllis Hawkins
--Sidney Thomas is married to Martha Sheehy

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#183596 Mar 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course homosexuals have existed throughout human history. No one is disputing that. Do you have a major comprehension problem??? Or are you just being deceitful again???
Which only highlights your problem. Marriage has been a part of every single one of those cultures. No speculation about cave drawings is needed.
On the other hand, out of thousands of cultures, with gays present in every single one, and no single religion to be blamed, there has never been one single culture that has gay 'marriage' from start to finish.
That is extremely profound.
Smirk.
I ask you again... Prove that there has never been a culture in history where same-gender marriage of some sort has not existed from beginning to end.

Do you think that you know everything about every culture that has ever existed?

We only have written or artistic records dating back at most 11,000 years. Homo sapien or anatomically modern humans have been on the planet for nearly 200,000 years.

Neither you nor I know anything for certain.

Nobody knows how old "marriage" is. But we do know that homosexuality has been around for a VERY long time.

Now THAT'S profound.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#183597 Mar 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The pursuit of understanding the cause of homosexuality has not ended. Moreover, if scientists and medical professionals don't know the cause, how can they determine it is not a disorder?
As a 'professional' social worker, you spout this stupidity? Scary sad.
The fact is, scientists are very close to validating that homosexuality is a epi-marker mistake. A defect.
Try your gay twirl somewhere else liar.
Smirk.
My dear friend, you and I both know that in order for something to be considered a "disorder" it must in some way negatively impact a person's life or the order of greater society.

Homosexuality does not meet that criteria.

And regarding your "epi-marker mistake" comment, I challenge you to find an article that uses the term "epi-marker mistake". Hell, you don't even know what you're talking about. You just throw around words, hoping that people will buy it.

Scientists simply are not sure why there are gay people. But even if they do discover a reason we're here, it's not likely we're going to go anywhere.

For you to hope that scientist one day discover why there are gay people so that we can be cured is EXACTLY like a person wanting to know why there are people with black or brown skin so that they an be "cured" and turned into Caucasians.

What you're suggesting is a type of eugenics. And that's a sickening practice that only white supremacists and Hitler have been interested in.

Just let it go... We're not going to change. We're not going to go away. You're not going to cure us. There's no reason for us to be cured. We're not sick.

(One of my favorite sayings is that if homosexuality is an illness, then we should call in sick for the next 20 or 30 years)

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#183598 Mar 16, 2013
Some Never Came Home wrote:
<quoted text>
How could the APA make the decision that homosexuality was not and is not a disorder? Easy,because gays can and do in the vast majority of cases lead a normal,productive and happy life! The very same as us straights! Therefore it is not nor has it ever been a disorder! Try again defect boy! Pot meet kettle! And as Rose has asked many times,should you have been aborted? LOL
Same question.

If you don't know the cause how can you assert the result?

The epi-marker defect is all but proved. What does that say about the APA?

Snicker.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#183599 Mar 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The pursuit of understanding the cause of homosexuality has not ended. Moreover, if scientists and medical professionals don't know the cause, how can they determine it is not a disorder?
As a 'professional' social worker, you spout this stupidity? Scary sad.
The fact is, scientists are very close to validating that homosexuality is a epi-marker mistake. A defect.
Try your gay twirl somewhere else liar.
Smirk.
Thanks for the assist.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#183600 Mar 16, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask you again... Prove that there has never been a culture in history where same-gender marriage of some sort has not existed from beginning to end.
Do you think that you know everything about every culture that has ever existed?
We only have written or artistic records dating back at most 11,000 years. Homo sapien or anatomically modern humans have been on the planet for nearly 200,000 years.
Neither you nor I know anything for certain.
Nobody knows how old "marriage" is. But we do know that homosexuality has been around for a VERY long time.
Now THAT'S profound.
Same sex sexual behavior is not new. Use of the term "homosexual" to describe it, or those who engage in such behavior, is relatively new.
GleePackers

Covina, CA

#183601 Mar 16, 2013
Sen Ronny Paulie, ceePackers clear choice awards winner of the biggest loser of the night award

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#183602 Mar 16, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
None of the appellate judges that agreed with his decision were gay, nor are any of the supreme court justices that will also uphold the overturning of Prop 8
lame argument, and already past it, Judges that are not gay are already agreeing
Not all judges agree.
So lets see
Procreation is a lost argument
According to who? You, ohhhhhhh......but of course.... after all it's not every one who sits on a mountain dispensing such sage advice as you do, to all the legions of judges, senators, assemblymen, and women, who make the climb up Big Dummy mountain. assemblymen.
Same sex marriages leads to marrying your sister is a lost ( and particularly laughable ) argument
Sorry, but my sister is already married. Thanks for asking.
Judge was gay is a lost argument
What else you got? Other than hatred?
Ooooooooooo...."Other than hatred".....soooooo scary.....oh the humanity...you've been spiking the rainbow kool aid again. In your world, if anyone opposes legal ssm, the secular sacred cow, it's automatically done out of "hatred". Hmmmmmm....interesting...now if a gay person opposes it for the very same reason, that a "straight" person does, marriage is a union of husband and wife orientated around their procreative function, is the gay person have hatred? Maybe they're not only a hater, but a traitor to the cause too.....A hater traitor.....oh noooooooooo.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#183604 Mar 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Same question.
If you don't know the cause how can you assert the result?
The epi-marker defect is all but proved. What does that say about the APA?
Snicker.
Do you know what's funny? If you google the words "epi-marker defect" or "epi-marker mistake" (with quotations) the only results you'll get are your comments on topix.

There aren't any scientists who use those terms. You made them up.

And what do you think will happen "if" someone finds out how to determine if an embryo has the potential to be gay--to have a "birth defect", as you like to say?

Obviously there's not going to be a "cure"--at least not for several generations.

Will you suddenly become an advocate for abortion? Will you want to kill the gay embryos? Will you demand that they be hacked to pieces and sucked out of their mother's wombs?

Bottom line, you're an idiot... You wouldn't know an "epi-marker" if it jumped up and slapped you in the face.

Get a life. Stop pretending to be a scientist.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#183606 Mar 16, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sex sexual behavior is not new. Use of the term "homosexual" to describe it, or those who engage in such behavior, is relatively new.
So... Is there an argument in there somewhere?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#183607 Mar 16, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So... Is there an argument in there somewhere?
Argument that same sex sexual behavior is not new? No.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#183608 Mar 16, 2013
Apollo11911 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you stupid?
This from a person who claims, "I am a God". If that's the case, everyone is stupid to you. We are not worthy to be in your in presence. In the words of Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon"!
Robsan5

United States

#183609 Mar 16, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>wow you are vile and vulgar and very nasty. Get some help, sounds like u might be a sex addict, what a waste of time that is.
How bout you fagg@t, want a d!ck up your a.ss?

Robert
Some Never Came Home

Tempe, AZ

#183610 Mar 16, 2013
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
How bout you fagg@t, want a d!ck up your a.ss?
Robert
So says the honor-less psychotic human POS who has butt sex on his mind 24/7/365 and posts incessantly about it! I'd have to say it is YOU who is jealous and wants him some of that action! YOU are a frigging idiot! Sorry but I'm not into the action you're yearning for,look somewhere else you sick fuque! LOLOL

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#183611 Mar 16, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Argument that same sex sexual behavior is not new? No.
Yeah... Pretty much for eons.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#183612 Mar 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Same question.
If you don't know the cause how can you assert the result?
The epi-marker defect is all but proved. What does that say about the APA?
Snicker.
Dummy ďall but provedĒ means it hasnít been proved. The real question is what does that say about you?

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#183615 Mar 16, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Argument that same sex sexual behavior is not new? No.
Do you realize that you wrote a double negative?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
U.S. Post Office SUCKS (Apr '11) 9 hr DianaDragon 95
Come on already! Tue Lady Morgana 6
Kings Inn Sun City (Way Back (Mar '14) Mon marie 2
How Many Vacant Buildings In Hemet? (Aug '10) May 24 ed4christ 28
Zipline Express CarWash Memorial Day Savings! May 24 Zipline Express C... 1
HELP STOP UNJUST PERSECUTIONS of TAXPAYERS over... May 23 Un agenda 21 and ... 22
Can white people call themselves African American? (Sep '12) May 21 Facepalmnative 104
More from around the web

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]