Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,189

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#183465 Mar 15, 2013
Dont think so wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority vote has always ruled in America, as well as their votes, you want to throw out the voting process but want it upheld when it comes to votes that go your way? Lol! Yep UR thick as a brick!
Your misunderstanding is that the "belief" that marriage is between a man and a woman, can violate anyone's right! It does even stop gays from marring or being happy, it's a belief, a legal status, not something that is being taken away from anyone. You can't take a "belief" away from someone who does not believe in it to begin with.
Unlike inter racial marriages that were denied completely, gay marriage has never been physically denied or made illegal in the sense that if they married they would be thrown in jail! Come on! Do you people just make this up as you go?
Again

I can make a petition to deny blue eyed people the vote, pass it with the majority of brown eyed people and it would be struck down as unconstitutional, as many such bills have been struck down.

You need to learn about our country before you post

we are not a nation of mob rule, we are not a pure democracy

we are also a republic, a nation of law. We are a representative democratic republic ( look it up )

What country do you come from that you know so little of the United States?

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#183468 Mar 15, 2013
Dont think so wrote:
<quoted text>
OK here is what is the matter with this movement you say is sweeping the US, you want to call my beliefs stupid, and dumb
They are.
Dont think so wrote:
yet we are to respect and defend, as little-d pointed out, only 1/5 of the country beliefs, the minority of America not the majority?
I really don't think people care about your respect. I think they want you to mind your own business.
Dont think so wrote:
You call anyone who doesn't fall in line with this political correctness you are beating over the majority of Americans heads as bigots,
What should I call people who want to deny others equal rights?
Dont think so wrote:
and want us to "keep our beliefs to ourselves" but you want to say what ever you believe?
I forget how stupid you are! When I say keep your beliefs to yourselves, I mean don't use the law to impose them on others.

Don't like the idea of gay marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex. See the difference?
Dont think so wrote:
Well that's mighty democratic of you! And under the law my vote, and the votes of the majority of Americans should be upheld and valued, they are obligated to make sure the voting process is upheld!
Not if the votes go against the Constitution.
Dont think so wrote:
Without this country might as well convert to communism! Didn't miss any news, but as your buddy little-d pointed out, actually that was 1/5 of the states who have caved into this bully type political correctness from the gay communities! Glad to know the other 4/5 have held their ground!
You're on the wrong side of history.

Santa Monica, CA

#183470 Mar 15, 2013
Dont think so wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes, when you can't beat your beliefs into someone else's head you revert to calling them dumb and bigots!! Well then I'm as dumb as that other 4/5 of Americans who disagree with you!
"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." H. L. Mencken
You're a dumb bigot, doesn't matter how many other dumb bigots there are.
Dont think so wrote:
Why do we have a constitution? Do you really need to ask? I guess so, because under your version it's minority rules, and to he'll with the voting process. Ooops, your bad, you thought digs on others long standing and majority beliefs, has given you some sort of a moral high ground!
Actually, we have a Constitution that helps protect the minorities against the tyranny of the majority.

Santa Monica, CA

#183472 Mar 15, 2013
Dont think so wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially by those who don't respect themselves, their families, or of the sanctity of marriage! So the other side is, I want to have tons of premarital sex, children out of wedlock, no support, and end up on welfare and food stamps because I love myself and my children? Hmm, yep good argument!
And that has *what* to do with gay marriage?
Prop 8 Unconstitutional

Beacon, NY

#183473 Mar 15, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No you have that backwards, the majority cannot do so, as the overturn of Prop 8 has already shown. But it doesnít matter anyway, another vote now would make same sex legal in California, it will be easy, either way.
But it wonít be needed, with the large numbers of businesses and now many even in the republican leadership supporting the overturn of Prop 8, I donít see any way the Supreme Court will make the wrong decision.
Prop 8 is already overturned, and the stay on that decision will be lifted soon
Sorry Big D,but I was agreeing with you wholeheartedly and 100%! I thought I conveyed that in my post? I said the very same thing that you're posting! An Unconstitutional vote is always illegal and should be overturned as it was by Judge Walker and then upheld by the higher court! ;)

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#183474 Mar 15, 2013
Prop 8 Unconstitutional wrote:
<quoted text>
And again,the Constitution trumps majority vote if said vote is RULED Unconstitutional! The courts are doing their job and exactly what they are supposed to do! UPHOLD the Constitution! These facts can't seem to pierce that thick skull of yours! Majority doesn't mean squat if something is Unconstitutional! How very un american of you!
Yet different courts reach different conclusions. Interesting.....
Prop 8 Unconstitutional

Beacon, NY

#183475 Mar 15, 2013
Dont think so wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority vote has always ruled in America, as well as their votes, you want to throw out the voting process but want it upheld when it comes to votes that go your way? Lol! Yep UR thick as a brick!
Your misunderstanding is that the "belief" that marriage is between a man and a woman, can violate anyone's right! It does even stop gays from marring or being happy, it's a belief, a legal status, not something that is being taken away from anyone. You can't take a "belief" away from someone who does not believe in it to begin with.
Unlike inter racial marriages that were denied completely, gay marriage has never been physically denied or made illegal in the sense that if they married they would be thrown in jail! Come on! Do you people just make this up as you go?
And you are simply bat shyte crazy! Constitution always trumps an illegal and Unconstitutional vote! Thick as a brick! YOU are simply wrong,perhaps a refresher course in American Government and the Constitution is in order! YOU are clueless and ignorant! Whacka doodle do! LOL,I can't wait for June when the real whining from you will start!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#183479 Mar 15, 2013
Dont think so wrote:
<quoted text>
You can disagree all you want, but you are on the side of trying to deny my rights as part of the majority of Americans to have their votes count and valued! I also will not let that stand, myself and the other 4/5 of Americans that said you are wrong are patriots! I am a straight married person, and no gays marring has no effect on my life, but my belief system as well as the majority of Americans belief is that legally by definition marriage is between a man and a woman. You want to throw out the valued majority beliefs of Americans. It's a belief and legal status it does not infringe on any gay couples ability to marry or be happy. You call yourself a patriot but think that the fundamental right to vote and have those votes count be thrown to the wind to placate political correctness of a minority wanting to force their beliefs on others! Well that's interesting!
Isnít that what you are doing, forcing your beliefs on others?

No one is forcing you into a same sex marriage, why are you forcing your view on same sex partners?

You are forcing your views on others, and refusing to defend the freedom of other Americans.

I donít know how many times I need to explain to you that we are not a nation of mob rule, we are a nation of law, that protects the rights of Americans against the vile hatred and prejudges of others, even if they are a majority.

There are hundreds and hundreds of such laws struck down, all through our history, learn something about our country before you post.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#183480 Mar 15, 2013
Big D wrote:
You can disagree all you want, but you are on the side that is trying to deny rights to other Americans.
Homosexuals have the same right to marry as any straight under the same laws, there is no orientation test for a marriage license. Many gays marry now, under current law. Many gays support husband/wife marriage.

There is no gender equality right in the Constitution, the ERA failed ratification.

Big D wrote:
I will not let that stand, I am a patriot.
For someone who calls himself a patriot, Big D doesn't know much about our Constitution.

Big D wrote:
Even though as a straight person it has no effect on me, still I am a patriot, and a vet, and I will fight for the rights of other Americans, as the tide is swiftly turning, I suspect soon every real patriot will
Marriage laws affect everyone, even singles. Marriage isn't for everyone.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#183482 Mar 15, 2013
Dont think so wrote:
You can disagree all you want, but you are on the side of trying to deny my rights as part of the majority of Americans to have their votes count and valued! I also will not let that stand, myself and the other 4/5 of Americans that said you are wrong are patriots! I am a straight married person, and no gays marring has no effect on my life, but my belief system as well as the majority of Americans belief is that legally by definition marriage is between a man and a woman. You want to throw out the valued majority beliefs of Americans. It's a belief and legal status it does not infringe on any gay couples ability to marry or be happy. You call yourself a patriot but think that the fundamental right to vote and have those votes count be thrown to the wind to placate political correctness of a minority wanting to force their beliefs on others! Well that's interesting!
Good points! A gay judge dismissed the lawful vote of a majority of Californians, now they cry about their 'rights'. There is no right to gender equality.

Men and women are different, vive le difference. Reason number two for keeping marriage one man and one woman; sexual differentiation. Isn't it cool how law reflects nature?
Trough

Covina, CA

#183483 Mar 15, 2013
CPAC - GOP, Republican and Tea Party member's are just a bunch of racists pigs!

Oink, oink!
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

#183484 Mar 15, 2013
Dont think so wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately these whining liberal sleeze balls are deterriorating our constitution bit by bit. In a society, your personal rights don't mean crap. Society makes laws for the benefit of the society not because some limpy wristed boy likes dick instead of vagina like a normal male does. Homosexuality (even by it's definition) is someone who prefers sex with someone else of the same sex. Simply put, homosexuality is for nothing (nothing!) more than personal sexual gratification.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

#183485 Mar 15, 2013
They are not called homosexuals because they have some intlectual connection with someone of the same sex, it's simply about their sexual preverted prefferences. That's all. Nothing to do with contributing to any aspect of improving or contributing to society, simply personal sexual gratification.
Trough

Covina, CA

#183486 Mar 15, 2013
CPAC - GOP, Republican and Tea Party member's are just a bunch of racists pigs!

Suewee, suewee!

Tubby!

Santa Monica, CA

#183487 Mar 15, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Good points! A gay judge dismissed the lawful vote of a majority of Californians, now they cry about their 'rights'. There is no right to gender equality.
Men and women are different, vive le difference. Reason number two for keeping marriage one man and one woman; sexual differentiation. Isn't it cool how law reflects nature?
Look, you stupid b!tch, tell us exactly how men and woman are different.(Apart from physical differences)
And different or not, all people should get equal rights. 14th Amendment.
Would it be OK if the law said the strong can kill the weak? That's reflecting nature.
Your kids would be better off getting pearl necklaces on the street than being raised by you!

Santa Monica, CA

#183488 Mar 15, 2013
Dont think so wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh your blue eyed brown eyed magical fantasy has nothing to do with squat! Dismissing the American voting process and the rights of voters is unconstitutional and denies my right to be heard as a voter and an American. A majority belief that legally that marriage by definition is between a man and a woman has nothing to do with infringing on anyone's rights,
Yes it does, it denies people equal rights!
Dont think so wrote:
a belief is a belief, a belief cannot infringe on anything, it's a belief that was and is upheld by the majority of Americans, if you're don't like it don't believe in it. It does not take away any gays freedom to marry or be happy. There are beliefs of others and even the government that I may find I don't agree with but they sure as heck are not stopping me or causing me to be unhappy.
Oh now the majority voters are a mob?
When they vote against equal rights, yes.
Dont think so wrote:
Lol! So when Obama won by 51% majority, I guess according to you that was an unruly stupid mob, that needs to be over turn and struck down?
Do you con dumbs get points for mentioning Obama's name, and the more off topic, the more points you get?
Dont think so wrote:
See you think you know everything about the United States and with your ere of superiority and arrogance want to subject your version of it on others, my friend that is the farthest from the idea of what America is about constitutionally and morally!
You don't like the idea of equal rights...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#183489 Mar 15, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL marriages are a piece of paper recognized by a government forma legal standpoint.
Many cultures have many traditions, I donít mind if you have yours, as long as you donít try to stop others with theirs, and as long as you donít try to force your traditions upon others that donít want them as if they had the force of law.
This is the land of the free, I wonít accept your tynary
But, you see, you HAVE been, when you forced your way into the law making machine to institute a fraud. It isn't tyranny to say that 2 men do not belong in possession of a marriage certificate. It is proper. Traditions are being trampled here. By your side.
SmackerS

Covina, CA

#183490 Mar 15, 2013
But now that Obamaís won a second four-year term, itís unclear whether Palin might dig in and further oppose the president, or re-position herself for future relevance within.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#183491 Mar 15, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT have them designated, they already are, there are 18,000 legal same sex marriages in California right now, there are over 100,000 same sex marriages nationwide.
You are trying to stop other same sex couples from the same legal right that other same sex couples already have.
...That shouldn't have been, in the first place. You can put wheels on my granny, but calling her a wagon doesn't make her so...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#183492 Mar 15, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
This may be a hard question for you, but do you consider yourself human? If so, why? I looked it up, and humans have 46 chromosomes. How many do you have?
:)
Yes, that's more of the "insightful and thoughtful" posting we expect from your dumb-ass. This may be a harder question for you, but do you consider yourself human? If so, please list your reasons for operating under this misconception...Dumb-ass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
more section 8 housing coming soon 4 hr proud sec 8 owners 15
HemetHEMET: Food market's ex-owner convicted of... 14 hr Chris 6
2 females found dead on Girard St in Hemet (Nov '13) 14 hr Chris 57
Boy, Man Found Dead Inside Hemet Home 16 hr Sam 1
ugly women with ugly tattoos!!!!! (Oct '12) 16 hr Stupid asses 99
el toro markets busted! (Jul '13) 20 hr SMAR 44
less blks in hmt since ebola Wed Kuntakinta 3

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match