Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
159,841 - 159,860 of 200,602 Comments Last updated 16 hrs ago

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's my guess that we got to this point through mis-management by our government, plus we got sold out, to corporate interests...the proverbial "bottom line"..profit/cost analysis. We buy them for convenience, although, personally, I do not. I prefer to buy something that works right the first time, and keeps on working. Hard to find stuff like that, anymore. Even the Pilot/Flying J truck stops are loaded with "Made In China", and I do without, rather than fund the Chinese. My thoughts on Wal-Mart are the same about all the corporate chains. Profit/cost analysis killing us...
Believe it or not, on this we both agree.

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
In the context of the analogy, you are suggesting murder?
A walnut is a fruit tree. In the context of the analogy, it is always barren. No need to eradicate, just don't try to tell me it is just like an apple tree.
Snicker.
<quoted text>
I 'lack the conviction of my assertions'?
Please blonde, explain your conclusions, I'd love to hear how you got there.
Snicker.
Thatís typical of your ilk; you name call and then act all ignorant. Frankly, if youíre not intelligent enough to see the inconsistencies in your statements, Iím not going to do the work for you. After all Iím not the fruity nut tree, you are.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Thatís typical of your ilk; you name call and then act all ignorant. Frankly, if youíre not intelligent enough to see the inconsistencies in your statements, Iím not going to do the work for you. After all Iím not the fruity nut tree, you are.
In other words, you were called out and you can't.

Smile.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
So Darling the couples I know with tiny humans in their homes, these are just migets they hired from Central Casting? You can deny all you want, there are gay couples raising children.
Ther's really as much difference in tastes in personal dress and what you like in others amongst lesbians as in any other group. I used to be old school butch
Get outta townnnn! I never would of thought that based on your moniker.:)
, these days I'm wear some cosmetics although You'll never catch me in a dress-I don't like the way I look in them. There are Victoria Secret Femms, butch drag and any gradient in between- enless variety.
All the flavors....
I'm not sure what "acting like a man" actually means or if there really is a meaning-it's a looonnnnng discussion all in its own right.
If ya half to ask....it's a guy thing you wouldn't understand. Ciao
Bruno

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

I can't believe you fruit loops are still arguing. . . lol

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but homosexual couples are desolate. They can never bear apples 'like any other family'. The only way either one can bear apples is to mate like a heterosexual, take the 'apple' to the homosexual walnut tree and hang the poor apple on it.
The denial is all yours honey.
By the way, why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian???
Smile.
<quoted text>
Of course they are not midgets Hunk, unless they really are. But as the analogy points out, ss couples are barren between themselves. Always. That will always be the difference between 'apple trees'(marriage) and barren 'walnut trees'(gay couples).
Second, of course there are differences between lesbians. That is exactly what I pointed out; A butch who is almost transgendered, and a feminine lesbian who is almost a hetero.
In that spectrum between masculine and feminine, there are several hundred distinctions. In the middle, at about 4%, are GLBT's. A sexual genetic mutation defect.
Just a note, I am a hermaphrodite and genetic chimera. Hence my name, KiMare'a and my tag; monster mutation. Literally a lesbian trapped in a straight man. With three nipples.
Smile.
Certainly an iteresting biological state of affairs; not sure how you dela with it but hopre in whatever resolutions you found in regards to the issues you faced brought you personal satsifaction and fulfillment.

Daling, it just begs the issue: the FACTS are the existence of gay and lesbian households all over the world with the presence of children that they have guardianship over as their parents, biological and adopted. So while you can make any theories and distictions you want, its the REALITY of the situation, regardless of how that situation came about, that is important, that needs to be addressed in a real manner, based on their real needs and our real and practical capacity, in terms of our governmental social policies, to aid those famiies in their efforts to prosper with the same equality we treat all families.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

...exuse spelling errors please...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. I tend to prefer travel at night due to the absence of motorists and the fact that most truckers know WTF lane discipline is. Among other things.
Thank you, sir, a lot of us are in the top echelon of driving ability, and many try their hardest to be the best that there is. To be fair, many are sloppy, too. Broke my bike out today, BTW.
:D
Got a 1981 CX500 Custom. Nothing fancy. Bit of a collectors item, but not in a grand way.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Paul Revere et al knew what was going on but not the exact plan hence the set up of warnings.
Poland didn't have radar when the Germans invaded.
We've got satellite imaging among other methods of keeping an eye on things. For the military it is real time, not the google earth stuff you and I are limited to.
Yeah, I'm just saying that I'd rather have a false warning, than none where warning might have made the difference. And I wish that I had access to the imaging I used to have....
:-D
They may not be there in the numbers I had read about, but they are there. And the loss of Posse Comitatus is a grievous one. Add to that, the gunships flying around, lighting off blanks, and the FEMA camps, it doesn't look too good right now.. Did you watch the video of Rep John Haller, saying "Jesus"? He knew what he was reading...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe it or not, on this we both agree.
I can believe it. To step out of our "Springer Show" roles for a moment, I don't have anything against you. I just enjoy the playground aspect of this room.

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you were called out and you can't.
Smile.
Yeah that's it in an apple shell, you silly little freak.

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I can believe it. To step out of our "Springer Show" roles for a moment, I don't have anything against you. I just enjoy the playground aspect of this room.
Ditto

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Thank you, sir, a lot of us are in the top echelon of driving ability, and many try their hardest to be the best that there is. To be fair, many are sloppy, too. Broke my bike out today, BTW.
:D
Got a 1981 CX500 Custom. Nothing fancy. Bit of a collectors item, but not in a grand way.
I'm a fan of older bikes. I don't care what brand either. I've got a Yamaha R5 (1971 two stroke street bike) and an RD400 Daytona (last year for the air cooled twins). I hope to resurrect one of these years. I made a commitment to myself to get those going last - gotta sell two other old yammie two strokes (RD350 and RD400) and fix or sell three others (RD250 x2 and another RD350).
In addition to the CB750 in my sig pic I've got another of the same year awaiting resto and a sidecar, an 76 BMW R75/6 with sidecar in the process of an engine rebuild, an 89 Honda GB500 with electrical gremlins (driving me nuts as it was running when I parked it and a couple weeks later deader than 4 a.m.) and a 98 Valkyrie that I use touring. Better than a drug addiction and much cheaper than getting into muscle cars. Gotta admit to a having a sweet spot for a '55 Chevy though.

I've been looking longingly at my bikes but don't feel up to riding yet. I've got some shoulder damage (both arms) from totalling an F350 in January. I did get a bit of a work out yesterday taking out two trees, one fallen (25 foot pine) in the high winds we had last week and the other one dead but still standing (about a 35 foot pine). Shoulders weren't too painful, but I'm glad I have a tractor to drag & lift them.
Some Never Came Home

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
So sorry bigot boy,but some of us take equality seriously and not as a joke or playground for you to enjoy yourself! Says a lot about your personality and heart! Now lets vote away a couple of your rights and see how you feel then! Different story then right?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm just saying that I'd rather have a false warning, than none where warning might have made the difference. And I wish that I had access to the imaging I used to have....
They may not be there in the numbers I had read about, but they are there. And the loss of Posse Comitatus is a grievous one. Add to that, the gunships flying around, lighting off blanks, and the FEMA camps, it doesn't look too good right now.. Did you watch the video of Rep John Haller, saying "Jesus"? He knew what he was reading...
Didn't see the vid - I had trouble with your links the first go around and only looked at one of 'em. Which link was it (sorry for the bother)?
TalesOfCOG

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

sgvCOG is a fraudulent enterprise.

It is where those who pay to play for government favors go to collect their prizes.

If California had a more Open Government things like sgvCOG wouldn't exist.

Glendora, California is

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yup, it gets funny in here at times. I think most of us would have a lot more in common apart from differing opinions on this particular topic.
TalesOfCOG

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

sgvCOG is a fraudulent enterprise.

It is where those who pay to play for government favors go to collect their prizes.

If California had a more Open Government things like sgvCOG wouldn't exist.

Glendora, California is at least on the shinny surface just like svCOG was before the books were opened up and real criminal activty was found.

Those criminal enterprise controller's in Glendora, California do their best to keep the lid on all the insider trading and deal making.

Cities like Glendora have their own police department to control all aspects of investigations etc. that come close to exposing illegal activities and warn those parties of an investigation so a cover story can be cooked up and so goes the cover up.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Some Never Came Home wrote:
<quoted text>
So sorry bigot boy,but some of us take equality seriously and not as a joke or playground for you to enjoy yourself! Says a lot about your personality and heart! Now lets vote away a couple of your rights and see how you feel then! Different story then right?
I see. Speaking my mind makes me a bigot. My Constitutional rights do not matter now, eh? No rights were removed from the gays, there were sodomy laws before Prop 8, but the laws have been getting changed to please the gays. You're mistakenly making a silly analogy. Equality is being taken seriously, but the natural and balanced and correct mating practices are being thrown away, to satisfy some small number of libertines that wish to get governmental benefits from the till. I take equality very seriously, but I do not accept changing the traditional views of marriage to provide benefits for any old pairing off of couples. Do you agree with allowing illegal immigrants to receive amnesty, BTW? Just checking on a hunch...
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I'm a fan of older bikes. I don't care what brand either. I've got a Yamaha R5 (1971 two stroke street bike) and an RD400 Daytona (last year for the air cooled twins). I hope to resurrect one of these years. I made a commitment to myself to get those going last - gotta sell two other old yammie two strokes (RD350 and RD400) and fix or sell three others (RD250 x2 and another RD350).
In addition to the CB750 in my sig pic I've got another of the same year awaiting resto and a sidecar, an 76 BMW R75/6 with sidecar in the process of an engine rebuild, an 89 Honda GB500 with electrical gremlins (driving me nuts as it was running when I parked it and a couple weeks later deader than 4 a.m.) and a 98 Valkyrie that I use touring. Better than a drug addiction and much cheaper than getting into muscle cars. Gotta admit to a having a sweet spot for a '55 Chevy though.
I've been looking longingly at my bikes but don't feel up to riding yet. I've got some shoulder damage (both arms) from totalling an F350 in January. I did get a bit of a work out yesterday taking out two trees, one fallen (25 foot pine) in the high winds we had last week and the other one dead but still standing (about a 35 foot pine). Shoulders weren't too painful, but I'm glad I have a tractor to drag & lift them.
Back in the day, I owned an RD350, and an RZ400. Tough bikes, for their sizes. And I remember the truck accident and the mention of the trees...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 5 hr RiccardoFire 15,932
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 10 hr Either Or 4,992
Missing Persons 14 hr Chris 2
McDonalds 17 hr ThisIsWHY 5
Sun City: NAACP denied meeting spot (Oct '12) 19 hr Chris 6
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... Thu james marple 46
Many Sonic Booms or Earthquakes Felt in Menifee? (Jan '10) Aug 20 ted mosby 23

Search the Hemet Forum:
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••