Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,983)

Showing posts 159,641 - 159,660 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they did the right thing there, regardless of the political leaning, that was encouraging that they are less political than I fear they are.
Did the right thing? They rewrote the law. When did the judiciary acquire the power to draft legislation?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to respond to this bit.
So now you're learning something, almost anyway. Mutations cover a broad spectrum. Some don't even make it out of the womb. Others are the fittest at one point in history and not fit at other points in history. Then there are the ones covering a broad spectrum of weaknesses and strengths. It all depends upon what is going on in this big petri dish we call a planet at the time they emerge. I gave an example by mentioning sickle cell anemia. Horrible disease if you've known someone who suffered through it. OTOH, it enhances survival in malaria ridden locations with fairly short life spans by today's standards. Hence the prevalence of the disorder in some family lines. Would you be insulting them due to their "defective" nature.
Barren doesn't mean incapable of contributing to society as a whole. Which is something you keep bringing up.
Society is quite complex and reproductive status isn't central to the contributions of every individual. If we were living in a very primitive society it might be a key issue for survival of a family or a village but we live in a much more complex era. A barren womb with a fertile mind might enhance the survival of large numbers of people whereas a fertile womb only contributes a few individuals.
Yada Yada Yada.

Bottom line. Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Gay couples don't qualify.

Smirk smile.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one making reproduction an issue. If it wasn't before, since the advent of marriage, then why are you making it an issue now?
Actually it was the State Legislature which made reproduction and issue in regards to marriage. The reason we even have state regulated and sanctioned marriage was to promote child rearing and a stable environment for them to be raised. That's half the reason for all the deductions on taxes, and other benefits that go along with the union.

The courts have continued in supporting this notion until quite recently.

Right or wrong, that is historical fact.

You really should educate yourself on the subject matter prior to posting.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The flaw in these arguments is the use of modern sexual identity politics labels, "gay", "straight", "hetero", "homo", etc. The bottom line is sex between men and women makes babies. Marriage serves as the means by which the sexes are joined together, and do what cones naturally, have sex, and make babies. That's what virtually all human societies have organized themselves around. SSM is really a contradiction in terms. If it were such a compelling need for it among human societies why is there no deep seated cross cultural cross time historic ssm, male or female, structure? What is the urgent need for it now?
Why is there a need for it now? Because there is. We've arrived to a time when we're civilised enough to recognise that homosexuals aren't mentally ill deviants in need of treatment. There are throw backs in every society, but they're a dying breed. Homosexuals are just people, like you and I. We've matured as a species to the point where we have learned that a lot of what was believed 100 years ago simply isn't true. And what was commonly accepted truth 500 years is hogwash. Even more so for the "truth" of 1000 years ago. I could go further back in time, but hopefully you understand what I mean. Sure we've got cultures that still see women as second class citizens - they're missing out on the full potential of 1/2 of their population (if not more). We've got past the notion that blacks are inferior beings. Now it is time to get past the notion that gays are inferior beings.

This brings us back to your question, why should gays marry? This gets into territory that irks AKpilot and I understand his point. However, we're where we are and marriage takes care of so much more than procreation. More than 1000 rights come with it. National recognition of marriage for gay couples brings those rights to them with the stroke of a pen. It is simplicity. No need for every state to pass legislation regarding ssm marriage. No chance for some states to discriminate and disallow the rights granted in another when someone relocates. That approach is too complex. The legal rights that come with a marriage certificate are the same from state to state. Unions by other nomenclature are the subject of each state's legislature and that just makes it too complicated.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you shift from 'natural' to 'only', which further proves you are naturally stupid and only full of BS.
You tried to insinuate that gay couples are a building block. Now you try again. Just a heads up, gay couples are never a building block within their relationship.
Procreation is limited to heterosexual couples.
So what? You don't have to be able to procreate in order to marry.
KiMare wrote:
<
That core element of marriage has never changed. In every culture throughout human history, the constraint of marriage has been the natural and best setting for human fruit. All other options are considered default settings. Most often by the mother, father and children.
Funny you should troll attack with ass assertions. Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. That's not my head up there...
Bazinga!
Don't you think a "person" like you would have been burned as a "witch" in every culture throughout human history?
Does that mean we should continue the practice?
Do you think you should have been aborted?
:)

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yada Yada Yada.
Bottom line. Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Gay couples don't qualify.
Smirk smile.
You are saying our rights should depend on our genes?
Well, what about you? Should you be allowed to marry? You have both sets.
LOL!
Billy Bee Born Agin

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

This attempt on the papl throne is horrrribel. That he was gonna come out in favor of sidearms for all and using drones to insure that every one carries them and that all gays and lesibians get married to each other BEFORE they watch films and are armed is just I forgot.
The public demands that we stop all medicaire now. The public demands that we stop all social checks now. The public demands that we all go armed now. The public demands that only property owners can vote and only when they pass a right thinking test to show what they is made of is now. We know that evolutins a sham made up by the left to shame us into running hogwilde from god and becoming gay and demanding entitles. When we fought the great dinosuars and won because we had trusty side arms and bullets and that nobody DARED to ask " hey, are you nuts, hey have you got a license to carry, hey are byou a member of the right church or what? That is the reason there aint no dinosurs now and if we didnt then there would be hell to pay as they roomed about and bit every damn thing and crapped on the highways, too. join us in the teapotyy TEAPARTYY. Join.
BeekerBeeker

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Unresolved issues?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it was the State Legislature which made reproduction and issue in regards to marriage. The reason we even have state regulated and sanctioned marriage was to promote child rearing and a stable environment for them to be raised. That's half the reason for all the deductions on taxes, and other benefits that go along with the union.
No amount of babble from you will change the fact you don't have to be able to spawn in order to marry.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you shift from 'natural' to 'only', which further proves you are naturally stupid and only full of BS.
You tried to insinuate that gay couples are a building block. Now you try again. Just a heads up, gay couples are never a building block within their relationship.
Procreation is limited to heterosexual couples. That core element of marriage has never changed. In every culture throughout human history, the constraint of marriage has been the natural and best setting for human fruit. All other options are considered default settings. Most often by the mother, father and children.
Funny you should troll attack with ass assertions. Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. That's not my head up there...
Bazinga!
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dumdum, you're the one that brought "natural" and "only" as qualifiers. WTF is wrong with you? Short attention span?
Procreation isn't limited to heterosexual couples. Homosexuals have been producing offspring for eons.
Since you brought up demeaning again in reference to anal sex it has reminded me of a statement you made previously and were unable to buttress when I asked you about it. What is it that is demeaning about lesbian sex? For that matter, what is it about anal sex that is demeaning? The acts carried on by gay men and lesbian women aren't unique to them. Heterosexual couples engage in oral and anal sex with great frequency. Are they demeaning for them? Why? B
ack up your statements with a little evidence. I'll wait patiently for you to do so. Try to do so without any of your usual silly crap about gay twirl or ad homoan attacks. Those are quite childish remarks anyway. Oh, and they're insults as well as ad hominem attacks. You seem to suffer quit a bit of the ol' pot calling the kettle black routine.
I've seen old forklifts that haven't backed up as much as you.

Of course I brought up natural and only. They described perfectly what I was saying. You tried to discredit my use of them and failed miserably.

Of course gays can procreate. Which is why I specifically said they can't withing their relationship. They have to fake being heterosexuals. Duh.

Where did I qualify anal sex as only between homosexuals? Do you not have one valid point without twisting what I say? Do you understand how demeaning that is to your cause???

Which brings us to the unhealthy nature of oral sex. Certainly oral contact with sewage orifices has an inherent demeaning nature. Most rational people would think so... But then again, you think if some heterosexuals engage in an inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning act, that makes it okay for homosexuals...

How old are you?

Smile.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Procreation is limited to heterosexual couples. That core element of marriage has never changed. In every culture throughout human history, the constraint of marriage has been the natural and best setting for human fruit. All other options are considered default settings. Most often by the mother, father and children.
Bazinga!
<quoted text>
I've seen old forklifts that haven't backed up as much as you.
Of course I brought up natural and only. They described perfectly what I was saying. You tried to discredit my use of them and failed miserably.
Of course gays can procreate. Which is why I specifically said they can't withing their relationship. They have to fake being heterosexuals. Duh.
Where did I qualify anal sex as only between homosexuals? Do you not have one valid point without twisting what I say? Do you understand how demeaning that is to your cause???
Which brings us to the unhealthy nature of oral sex. Certainly oral contact with sewage orifices has an inherent demeaning nature. Most rational people would think so... But then again, you think if some heterosexuals engage in an inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning act, that makes it okay for homosexuals...
How old are you?
Smile.

BTW, stupid, the male member is a sewage orifice.
Hmmm, so is the vagina. The mouth, too.(People vomit.)
And, there is nothing at all inherently harmful demeaning about anal or oral sex.
BeekerBeeker

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Where is that over sized rat anyway? NY.
Kinda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

This topic is so gggggggggaaaaayyyyyy..........
LuLu Loo

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Now the thing where you say the dinosars would be wandering around biting stuff and making big messes on the free way gets me thinking of our party THE TEAPARTy.
This proves that our ages long systems of democracy are the only way and that we cant let it go just because of some stupid votes by a bunch of people who dont have no faith and believe stuff that is NOT TRUE about stuff that nobody understands and shouldnt understand as god works in mysterious ways to deliver democracy where the communists are trying to win the hearts and minds by giving money and votes to citizens who are not believers just so they will vote wrong is foolish. When NEWT said that we must stop taxing the jobcreators because god loves them and we must protect them from gays and forneigers before they get angry and go someplace else and take everything with them leaving us with no guns or bullets or cigarettes where everybody would be having abortions in emergency rooms is just too damn much and so I have my kids in the TEAPTY PARTY TEAPARTY.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize that a dictionary is REACTIVE not PROACTIVE don't you?
well as long as you donít know the meaning of the words there is no point in discussing this with you.
We are a representative democracy, we are also a republic
if you knew the meaning of the words you would understand, you refuse, so .... shrug, Ignorance is totally up to you
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should educate yourself as to why you hang out in gay forums.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The bottom line is sex between men and women makes babies.
I have friends that are married that cannot have children, now you want to deny their rights as well?

I also know an older couple who are getting married that have no intention of having children, now you want to deny their rights to marry as well?

I didnít realize just how far you Prop 8 supporters were willing to go, to rip asunder millions of marriages even by straight people, or am I misunderstanding you and marriage has nothing whatsoever to do with having babies?

Because if it has nothing to do with having babies then we can dispense with that entire line of arguments.

Which is it?

1 Marriage is specifically only for people who are going to have babies

2 The intention of having babies has nothing to do with the right to marry

One or the other please and then we can continue to discuss this
david traversa

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>You really should educate yourself as to why you hang out in gay forums.
Why do you hang out here? You looking for more d!ck?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

david traversa wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hang out here? You looking for more d!ck?
I have all the dick I can handle, thank you.
endtime

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

COMING POPE --#-- to Mediate MIDEAST PEACE

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 159,641 - 159,660 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Section 8 people 29 min living large 5
Why is hemet racist ?!? 32 min say what 9
Single men in Hemet 41 min TRUTH IN COLO 11
Temecula: Three men arrested in connection with... 2 hr baby boomer 5
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr Foes 15,666
Front Yard Junk 4 hr Pretty_Poison 8
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr Lug Heads 7,300
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hemet People Search