Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
159,641 - 159,660 of 200,361 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you shift from 'natural' to 'only', which further proves you are naturally stupid and only full of BS.
You tried to insinuate that gay couples are a building block. Now you try again. Just a heads up, gay couples are never a building block within their relationship.
Procreation is limited to heterosexual couples. That core element of marriage has never changed. In every culture throughout human history, the constraint of marriage has been the natural and best setting for human fruit. All other options are considered default settings. Most often by the mother, father and children.
Funny you should troll attack with ass assertions. Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. That's not my head up there...
Bazinga!
<quoted text>
I've seen old forklifts that haven't backed up as much as you.
Of course I brought up natural and only. They described perfectly what I was saying. You tried to discredit my use of them and failed miserably.
Of course gays can procreate. Which is why I specifically said they can't withing their relationship. They have to fake being heterosexuals. Duh.
Where did I qualify anal sex as only between homosexuals? Do you not have one valid point without twisting what I say? Do you understand how demeaning that is to your cause???
Which brings us to the unhealthy nature of oral sex. Certainly oral contact with sewage orifices has an inherent demeaning nature. Most rational people would think so... But then again, you think if some heterosexuals engage in an inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning act, that makes it okay for homosexuals...
How old are you?
Smile.

BTW, stupid, the male member is a sewage orifice.
Hmmm, so is the vagina. The mouth, too.(People vomit.)
And, there is nothing at all inherently harmful demeaning about anal or oral sex.
BeekerBeeker

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Where is that over sized rat anyway? NY.
Kinda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

This topic is so gggggggggaaaaayyyyyy..........
LuLu Loo

Napa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Now the thing where you say the dinosars would be wandering around biting stuff and making big messes on the free way gets me thinking of our party THE TEAPARTy.
This proves that our ages long systems of democracy are the only way and that we cant let it go just because of some stupid votes by a bunch of people who dont have no faith and believe stuff that is NOT TRUE about stuff that nobody understands and shouldnt understand as god works in mysterious ways to deliver democracy where the communists are trying to win the hearts and minds by giving money and votes to citizens who are not believers just so they will vote wrong is foolish. When NEWT said that we must stop taxing the jobcreators because god loves them and we must protect them from gays and forneigers before they get angry and go someplace else and take everything with them leaving us with no guns or bullets or cigarettes where everybody would be having abortions in emergency rooms is just too damn much and so I have my kids in the TEAPTY PARTY TEAPARTY.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize that a dictionary is REACTIVE not PROACTIVE don't you?
well as long as you donít know the meaning of the words there is no point in discussing this with you.
We are a representative democracy, we are also a republic
if you knew the meaning of the words you would understand, you refuse, so .... shrug, Ignorance is totally up to you
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it was the State Legislature which made reproduction and issue in regards to marriage. The reason we even have state regulated and sanctioned marriage was to promote child rearing and a stable environment for them to be raised. That's half the reason for all the deductions on taxes, and other benefits that go along with the union.
The courts have continued in supporting this notion until quite recently.
Right or wrong, that is historical fact.
You really should educate yourself on the subject matter prior to posting.
You really should educate yourself as to why you hang out in gay forums.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The bottom line is sex between men and women makes babies.
I have friends that are married that cannot have children, now you want to deny their rights as well?

I also know an older couple who are getting married that have no intention of having children, now you want to deny their rights to marry as well?

I didnít realize just how far you Prop 8 supporters were willing to go, to rip asunder millions of marriages even by straight people, or am I misunderstanding you and marriage has nothing whatsoever to do with having babies?

Because if it has nothing to do with having babies then we can dispense with that entire line of arguments.

Which is it?

1 Marriage is specifically only for people who are going to have babies

2 The intention of having babies has nothing to do with the right to marry

One or the other please and then we can continue to discuss this
david traversa

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>You really should educate yourself as to why you hang out in gay forums.
Why do you hang out here? You looking for more d!ck?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

david traversa wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hang out here? You looking for more d!ck?
I have all the dick I can handle, thank you.
endtime

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

COMING POPE --#-- to Mediate MIDEAST PEACE

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Dorn

Ridgecrest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

I have witnessed the happiness of two senior citizen men who where finally able to come out of the closet after the death of the wife of one of them. The man who had been married had a lesbian granddaughter.
That made me wonder if it was wise to continue to force the idea of only marriage of 'one man and one woman'. One of those could be gay. It would be better for society for gays to marry each other rather than marry straight partners and pass on whatever trait produces homosexuality. However if homosexuals want to raise their own children,(the instinct to be a parent is separate from sexual orientation). They should be allowed to adopt.
They hire a surrogate woman to bare their child. or use a sperm bank so one of them can be the biological mother.
Big Tony

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Dorn wrote:
I have witnessed the happiness of two senior citizen men who where finally able to come out of the closet after the death of the wife of one of them. The man who had been married had a lesbian granddaughter.
That made me wonder if it was wise to continue to force the idea of only marriage of 'one man and one woman'. One of those could be gay. It would be better for society for gays to marry each other rather than marry straight partners and pass on whatever trait produces homosexuality. However if homosexuals want to raise their own children,(the instinct to be a parent is separate from sexual orientation). They should be allowed to adopt.
They hire a surrogate woman to bare their child. or use a sperm bank so one of them can be the biological mother.
No one forced the queer to marry. He did that all on his own.
BeekerBeeker

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Knotting Ham has a better sale then Windover does.
Dorn

Ridgecrest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Big Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
No one forced the queer to marry. He did that all on his own.

He married a straight because he could not legally marry the man he loved.
MuchMore

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

stupid California Republican activists gathered for their spring convention 2013 at the state capital to try and revitalizing the sick party.

Talking Points;

1.) Republicans hold no statewide offices.

2.) They are weak in the Legislature against Democrats' two-thirds supermajority.

3.) They lost ground here in the 2012 congressional election.

4.) The state party is heavily in debt.

5.) Most if not all California voters HATE them.
Big Tony

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Dorn wrote:
<quoted text>He married a straight because he could not legally marry the man he loved.
How stupid does that sound, he married a straight because he couldn't marry a queer. Wow, how desperate is that? I wouldn't marry another guy just because I couldn't marry a woman that I loved. No one forced him to marry, let alone a woman that queers find repulsive. To fake his whole life!! You know he couldn't have been giving the love to the woman like she thought she would get, not even close. That's really pathetic.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have friends that are married that cannot have children, now you want to deny their rights as well?
What part of my statenent.....
The bottom line is sex between men and women makes babies.
.....was unclear, or false?
I also know an older couple who are getting married that have no intention of having children, now you want to deny their rights to marry as well?
Again what was unclear or false about that statement?
I didnít realize just how far you Prop 8 supporters were willing to go, to rip asunder millions of marriages even by straight people, or am I misunderstanding you and marriage has nothing whatsoever to do with having babies?
I think you mean conjugal marriages of husband and wife.
Because if it has nothing to do with having babies then we can dispense with that entire line of arguments.
Which is it?
1 Marriage is specifically only for people who are going to have babies
2 The intention of having babies has nothing to do with the right to marry
One or the other please and then we can continue to discuss this
Sigh..... marriage is about the sexes, both of them, what they do, have sex, and what that sex makes, babies. Not every marriage can, or will either have sex, and/or make babies. That doesn't change human reproduction and marriage as a societal means of regulating that, and sex between men and women. Men and women, regardless of procreational ability, and/or intention to have sexual relations, and have married. Why would it change now?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of my statenent.....
<quoted text>
.....was unclear, or false?
<quoted text>
Again what was unclear or false about that statement?
<quoted text>
I think you mean conjugal marriages of husband and wife.
<quoted text>
Sigh..... marriage is about the sexes, both of them, what they do, have sex, and what that sex makes, babies. Not every marriage can, or will either have sex, and/or make babies. That doesn't change human reproduction and marriage as a societal means of regulating that, and sex between men and women. Men and women, regardless of procreational ability, and/or intention to have sexual relations, and have married. Why would it change now?
so what I have gathered here is that for you, marriage is only about making babies. Fortunately you donít get to define marriage for everyone else.

I have news for you, there are already too many babies in the world. I have some more news, many couples donít have children, I know quite a few people that married later in life, or second marriages that have no children from that marriage.

Are you belittling their marriages? Do you deem them less than other marriages? If you do, then I donít particularly care what you deem anymore.

Marriage is a commitment between 2 people, regardless if they will have children or not. You are opposed to this commitment in same sex circumstances, I am not. I believe this is the land of the free, where equality, freedom and justice trump religion, trump tradition, and certainly will trump the view of people that think only having children is what a marriage is all about.

I can tell you right now, children was not the reason I got married, and I would have married her regardless of if we would have children or not, and I donít particularly care what others thing of that.

Same with same sex couples, why should they care what you think?
tennison

Orange, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Dorn wrote:
It would be more ideal if these two senior gays just stuck to blowing each other at the YMCA and kept to themselves. Sounds like YOU want a three-way with them, Dorn.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Dorn wrote:
<quoted text>
He married a straight because he could not legally marry the man he loved.
He married his wife, not a "straight". He must have loved her on some level. The state recognized their marriage because it composition was no different than any other marriage of husband and wife.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hemet Discussions

Search the Hemet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Rancho Cordova hires city manager 2 hr saays who 4
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr Commander Bunny 4,897
Review: VIP Autos (Dec '13) 16 hr Guess who 2
what keeps hemet from going bankrupt? (Sep '12) 19 hr Rob Whitey 26
Hemet wife beaters 20 hr bigdave 1
Devin F you're my secret crush! Tue weird 7
Man assaults kids at McDonalds-east florida on ... (Jul '13) Tue Riverside Dave 129
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 30 at 12:00PM PDT

•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE