Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,937)

Showing posts 158,721 - 158,740 of200,197
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Edgar

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda sad you have no argument except the off topic card.
When you're done trying to beat your opponents with a feather, can you please respond to me? I'm waiting.
Edgar

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar. Produce the posts to prove the accusations you have made against me Fruitloops. I won't wait.
What posts? That's what I'm saying, you never mentioned it. I can't provide evidence to something that doesn't exist.

Which is exactly why I'm saying, it doesn't exist. You've never mentioned hermaphrodites and if you're so high and mighty on this thing and all "nobody-should-dare-get-o ff-topic-with-me" then you'll stay on topic and enlighten us about what you think about hermaphrodites marrying.

Otherwise you're just as dabbled in double standards as you and those who agree with you accuse our side of being.
Dale DuBois

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
What posts? That's what I'm saying, you never mentioned it. I can't provide evidence to something that doesn't exist.
Which is exactly why I'm saying, it doesn't exist. You've never mentioned hermaphrodites and if you're so high and mighty on this thing and all "nobody-should-dare-get-o ff-topic-with-me" then you'll stay on topic and enlighten us about what you think about hermaphrodites marrying.
Otherwise you're just as dabbled in double standards as you and those who agree with you accuse our side of being.
If you weren't such a dope, you'd know when I say I support TRUE marriage equality, it means I support the right to marry for EVERY adult who wants marriage and wants a family. What don't you understand about "everyone" jackass?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
How rare, or common, is the condition?
Edgar

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If all other laws against polygamy were repealed except PROP 8, that would be the only thing stopping polygamy from being legal in California, X-box.
Sounds relevant and on topic to me.
Don't hog all the victimhood, Prop 8 is as much about poly as it is about same sex.
What don't you understand about one man one woman? Prop 8 prohibits both same sex and poly marriage.
Enough with your hypotheticals about poly marriage, it's clear enough you don't support it.

"Proposition 8 (ballot title: Eliminates Rights of Same-Sex Couples to Marry. Initiative Constitutional Amendment; originally titled the "California Marriage Protection Act")[21][22] was a California ballot proposition that changed the California Constitution to add a new section 7.5 to Article I, which reads: "Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.""

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Propo...

The ballot title of Proposition 8 did not in any way mention polygamy or polygamous relationships or marriages. It only mentioned the restrictions of the marriage rights of gay couples.

Now: I am going to go back through every single one of your comments posted on this forum and mark all of them "off-topic". Why?

This topic has nothing to do with the right to polygamy. If you're interested in advocating for the legal recognition of it in California, you can find a forum about it and comment all you like. If none exists, you can attempt to create one. But don't whine about it here. It has no place and your petty attempts to make Prop 8 out as anti-poly don't work now, nor did they ever.

Ta ta!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Dale DuBois wrote:
http://thepeoplescube.com/peop les-blog/kim-jong-un-and-barac k-obama-bobbsey-twins-t8165.ht ml
Good one!
Edgar

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Between 0.1 and 0.2 percent. But even so that's thousands of people. At least.
Edgar

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you weren't such a dope, you'd know when I say I support TRUE marriage equality, it means I support the right to marry for EVERY adult who wants marriage and wants a family. What don't you understand about "everyone" jackass?
The fact that you try to make things that don't pertain to poly marriage appear as though they do, like Prop 8.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it matter?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
And who do hermaphrodites marry? Are they just completely cut out from the institution? They're not a man or a woman. Or this law doesn't specify for them.
You and akpilot say we're all just for a cause, for self-affirmation, and if we were really for letting everyone be happy, we would support poly marriage. But where are the hermaphrodites in this? They exist. Their conditions are genetic. Neither you nor akpilot have mentioned that.
Please, enlighten me on your insight to this.
You may wish to bring yourself up to the 20th century and realise that hermaphrodite is a term applied to animals. Intersex is the preferred term for humans.

Intersex indivicuals often identify as either man or woman and live according to that identity. This may be "determined" for them at a very early age by parents and doctors or the individual may adopt a gender identity later in life based upon personal feelings. Note here that I don't think they should be forced to live as a man or a woman, it ought to be their choice to identify as they wish.

With regard to marriage I seriously doubt there is an issue for couples as they've more than likely settled on who they are well before vows are considered.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Intersex is a broad category that probably affects more people than you think. I've seen figures around 1 in 100. Having both genetalia phenotypically expressed is more uncommon though.
Edgar

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
You may wish to bring yourself up to the 20th century and realise that hermaphrodite is a term applied to animals. Intersex is the preferred term for humans.
Intersex indivicuals often identify as either man or woman and live according to that identity. This may be "determined" for them at a very early age by parents and doctors or the individual may adopt a gender identity later in life based upon personal feelings. Note here that I don't think they should be forced to live as a man or a woman, it ought to be their choice to identify as they wish.
With regard to marriage I seriously doubt there is an issue for couples as they've more than likely settled on who they are well before vows are considered.
My apologies on not referring to them as intersex, it was a spur-of-the-moment mentioning. You are right, the more accurate modern term is intersex.

Plus, I agree completely with your last sentence, but it's not what addressing the point I was making. If marriage were between one man and one woman, and that was the plain-as-day definition of it, then too many complex "what-if" cases would be left.

In no way saying I disagree with what you said, though.
Dan

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda sad you have no argument except the off topic card.
Almost 3 years later and "Frank Rizzo" still has no life finding himself in here spitting out bullshit and venom.

Good Gawd buddy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you try to make things that don't pertain to poly marriage appear as though they do, like Prop 8.
If all other laws against polygamy were repealed except PROP 8, that would be the only thing stopping polygamy from being legal in California.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost 3 years later and "Frank Rizzo" still has no life finding himself in here spitting out bullshit and venom.
Good Gawd buddy.
You say "Gawd" just like Jizzybirdy. Are you guys brothers or something?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Gawd buddy.
Says Buttered Pancakes!
Edgar

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If all other laws against polygamy were repealed except PROP 8, that would be the only thing stopping polygamy from being legal in California.
That's one of the most radical hypotheticals I've ever heard, and there's no logic to it. Thusly, I'm not even going to bother responding to it.

If you desire a response, I suggest you express your point in a much more comprehensible way.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Does it matter?
Yes.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
Between 0.1 and 0.2 percent. But even so that's thousands of people. At least.
Are there any cases where it was an issue regarding marriage?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 158,721 - 158,740 of200,197
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hemet Discussions

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr Decide what 4,837
Retired CHP are lying cheats 6 hr Gabe R Gomez 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 8 hr 21 and over 15,909
Riverside County:Tap Water Taste and Smell Unpl... 14 hr Chris 39
Omg!! I can't believe my eyes so many blacks in... (May '13) 17 hr Yallsomescaredwhitefolks 166
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) 17 hr Yallsomescaredwhitefolks 469
Devin F you're my secret crush! Wed eye for a eye 5
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••