Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,936)

Showing posts 158,701 - 158,720 of200,213
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>As I have said before, who or how many a person wants to marry makes no difference. For the most part someones marriage has little if any affect on my marriage. That being said, poly marriage will have an affect on our legal system, good or bad it will have an affect. That can not be said of same sex marriage. The reality is this, the topic of this thread is not polygamy or incest marriage. I gave Frank his own thread for that purpose.

PROPOSITION EIGHT effects polygamy as much as it does same sex marriage.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>As I have said before, who or how many a person wants to marry makes no difference. For the most part someones marriage has little if any affect on my marriage. That being said, poly marriage will have an affect on our legal system, good or bad it will have an affect. That can not be said of same sex marriage. The reality is this, the topic of this thread is not polygamy or incest marriage. I gave Frank his own thread for that purpose.
I just saw something I had not considered.

I know that some companies support same sex marriage, in fact I know some companies will not build an office in places where same sex benefits are not fully recognized.

But now the language is changing, over 60 major companies now are filing a brief with the supreme court saying it is a "business imperative" that same sex marriage be recognized, that they are having difficulty hiring, and moving people the best people to different states where different rules apply.

I knew most major business were on board, but I had not considered that aspect.

up to today I have been expecting the narrow ruling, affecting California alone. I may have to alter that, as more and more pile on, I suspect DOMA is going to be struck down and the ruleing may make changes across all 50 states.

If so, this will be historic.
Yammers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

I've heard enough haven't you?\\
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text> No this thread pertains to a federal judge who overturned a ban on same sex marriage. Did he have the right to do so. Did the portions of the Constitution that he sighted pertain to his ruling. At one time Same sex marriage was legal in California, did the voters of California have the right to remove and deny marriage based on sexuality?? Did the action of the voters violate the U.S. Constitution? At what time was Polgamy legal in the State of California?
It is also a ban on polygamy dummy. Don't hog all the victimhood.

What don't you understand about ONE man ONE woman?
CopperHeads

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

The Orange man calling himself John Boehner has had eschews Hastert rule for third time.

After a year and a half after its expiration, the Violence Against Women Act passed the House Feb. 28, 2013 Thursday by 286-138 vote and will soon be reauthorized once it's signed back in to law by the president Obama.

Stupid GOP, Republicans and Tea Party (CopperHeads) held it up
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that some companies support same sex marriage, in fact I know some companies will not build an office in places where same sex benefits are not fully recognized.
But now the language is changing, over 60 major companies now are filing a brief with the supreme court saying it is a "business imperative" that same sex marriage be recognized, that they are having difficulty hiring, and moving people the best people to different states where different rules apply.
up to today I have been expecting the narrow ruling, affecting California alone. I may have to alter that, as more and more pile on, I suspect DOMA is going to be struck down and the ruleing may make changes across all 50 states.
More have piled on, there are now over 200 companies on that brief

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Gawwd you can not be that stupid, can you? I just posted what this thread is about. The ruling has nothing to do with polygamy. Its about removing an existing right granted by the state. When was Polygamy legal in California? Go read the findings, tell me where polygamy is listed.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope all companies pile on.
Dirty Harry

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Clint Eastwood to Supreme Court, Drop California's ban on same-sex marriage and that was a lot to be said even to a empty CHAIR.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy was illegal BEFORE Prop8. Prop 8 made same sex marriage illegal.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Gawwd you can not be that stupid, can you? I just posted what this thread is about. The ruling has nothing to do with polygamy. Its about removing an existing right granted by the state. When was Polygamy legal in California? Go read the findings, tell me where polygamy is listed.
Gawwd you can not be that stupid, can you?
-As stupid as you? No, never.

I just posted what this thread is about. The ruling has nothing to do with polygamy.
-Prop 8 says ONE man ONE woman, the "man woman" is not more valid than the "one".

Its about removing an existing right granted by the state. When was Polygamy legal in California?

Go read the findings, tell me where polygamy is listed.
-Prop 8 says marriage is ONE Man ONE woman. Again the gender part is not more valid or worthy than the number part.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Gawwd you can not be that stupid, can you? I just posted what this thread is about. The ruling has nothing to do with polygamy. Its about removing an existing right granted by the state. When was Polygamy legal in California? Go read the findings, tell me where polygamy is listed.
How many times have we gone over this? Poor Frankie... he just doesn't get it. kinda sad to be that addled.
Edgar

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as we're making unfounded allegations, Frankie Rizzo is really a depressed turtle who resorts to internet trolling to compensate for his loneliness.
Edgar

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And who do hermaphrodites marry? Are they just completely cut out from the institution? They're not a man or a woman. Or this law doesn't specify for them.

You and akpilot say we're all just for a cause, for self-affirmation, and if we were really for letting everyone be happy, we would support poly marriage. But where are the hermaphrodites in this? They exist. Their conditions are genetic. Neither you nor akpilot have mentioned that.

Please, enlighten me on your insight to this.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Randy-Rock-Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly thing, we have ... You just wish to dismiss them... LOL
But there isn't a rational argument against gay marriage.
Most idiots like you either prattle on about god, or say gay couples can't reproduce.
Well, there is no god. And you don't have to be able to reproduce in order to marry.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo is just a troll who is flying under false colors. He is really against gay marriage, and attacks everybody who is in favor of it. I don't think he cares about polygamy one way or another, and would be willing to bet he has never, ever posted on the topic in a forum about polygamy. He's just trying to flood the forum with posts about that red herring.
Dale DuBois

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>How many times have we gone over this? Poor Frankie... he just doesn't get it. kinda sad to be that addled.
Kinda sad you have no argument except the off topic card.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Polygamy was illegal BEFORE Prop8. Prop 8 made same sex marriage illegal.
If all other laws against polygamy were repealed except PROP 8, that would be the only thing stopping polygamy from being legal in California, X-box.

Sounds relevant and on topic to me.

Don't hog all the victimhood, Prop 8 is as much about poly as it is about same sex.

What don't you understand about one man one woman? Prop 8 prohibits both same sex and poly marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
And who do hermaphrodites marry? Are they just completely cut out from the institution? They're not a man or a woman. Or this law doesn't specify for them.
You and akpilot say we're all just for a cause, for self-affirmation, and if we were really for letting everyone be happy, we would support poly marriage. But where are the hermaphrodites in this? They exist. Their conditions are genetic. Neither you nor akpilot have mentioned that.
Please, enlighten me on your insight to this.
Liar. Produce the posts to prove the accusations you have made against me Fruitloops. I won't wait.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 158,701 - 158,720 of200,213
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 26 min sarah 4,848
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 4 hr Uppercut 2,221
Why is hemet racist ?!? 5 hr Beau 25
Do you approve of Jerry Franchville as Mayor? (Apr '12) 5 hr Brian Nakamura 4
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr Peter 7,812
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 10 hr This topics peaked 15,911
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) 15 hr Vicky 473
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hemet People Search