Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,370

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181834 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
PROPOSITION EIGHT effects polygamy as much as it does same sex marriage.
As long as we're making unfounded allegations, Frankie Rizzo is really a depressed turtle who resorts to internet trolling to compensate for his loneliness.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181835 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is also a ban on polygamy dummy. Don't hog all the victimhood.
What don't you understand about ONE man ONE woman?
And who do hermaphrodites marry? Are they just completely cut out from the institution? They're not a man or a woman. Or this law doesn't specify for them.

You and akpilot say we're all just for a cause, for self-affirmation, and if we were really for letting everyone be happy, we would support poly marriage. But where are the hermaphrodites in this? They exist. Their conditions are genetic. Neither you nor akpilot have mentioned that.

Please, enlighten me on your insight to this.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#181836 Feb 28, 2013
Randy-Rock-Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly thing, we have ... You just wish to dismiss them... LOL
But there isn't a rational argument against gay marriage.
Most idiots like you either prattle on about god, or say gay couples can't reproduce.
Well, there is no god. And you don't have to be able to reproduce in order to marry.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#181837 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo is just a troll who is flying under false colors. He is really against gay marriage, and attacks everybody who is in favor of it. I don't think he cares about polygamy one way or another, and would be willing to bet he has never, ever posted on the topic in a forum about polygamy. He's just trying to flood the forum with posts about that red herring.
Dale DuBois

United States

#181838 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181839 Feb 28, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>How many times have we gone over this? Poor Frankie... he just doesn't get it. kinda sad to be that addled.
Kinda sad you have no argument except the off topic card.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181840 Feb 28, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Polygamy was illegal BEFORE Prop8. Prop 8 made same sex marriage illegal.
If all other laws against polygamy were repealed except PROP 8, that would be the only thing stopping polygamy from being legal in California, X-box.

Sounds relevant and on topic to me.

Don't hog all the victimhood, Prop 8 is as much about poly as it is about same sex.

What don't you understand about one man one woman? Prop 8 prohibits both same sex and poly marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181841 Feb 28, 2013
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
And who do hermaphrodites marry? Are they just completely cut out from the institution? They're not a man or a woman. Or this law doesn't specify for them.
You and akpilot say we're all just for a cause, for self-affirmation, and if we were really for letting everyone be happy, we would support poly marriage. But where are the hermaphrodites in this? They exist. Their conditions are genetic. Neither you nor akpilot have mentioned that.
Please, enlighten me on your insight to this.
Liar. Produce the posts to prove the accusations you have made against me Fruitloops. I won't wait.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181842 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda sad you have no argument except the off topic card.
When you're done trying to beat your opponents with a feather, can you please respond to me? I'm waiting.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181843 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar. Produce the posts to prove the accusations you have made against me Fruitloops. I won't wait.
What posts? That's what I'm saying, you never mentioned it. I can't provide evidence to something that doesn't exist.

Which is exactly why I'm saying, it doesn't exist. You've never mentioned hermaphrodites and if you're so high and mighty on this thing and all "nobody-should-dare-get-o ff-topic-with-me" then you'll stay on topic and enlighten us about what you think about hermaphrodites marrying.

Otherwise you're just as dabbled in double standards as you and those who agree with you accuse our side of being.
Dale DuBois

United States

#181844 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181845 Feb 28, 2013
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
What posts? That's what I'm saying, you never mentioned it. I can't provide evidence to something that doesn't exist.
Which is exactly why I'm saying, it doesn't exist. You've never mentioned hermaphrodites and if you're so high and mighty on this thing and all "nobody-should-dare-get-o ff-topic-with-me" then you'll stay on topic and enlighten us about what you think about hermaphrodites marrying.
Otherwise you're just as dabbled in double standards as you and those who agree with you accuse our side of being.
If you weren't such a dope, you'd know when I say I support TRUE marriage equality, it means I support the right to marry for EVERY adult who wants marriage and wants a family. What don't you understand about "everyone" jackass?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#181846 Feb 28, 2013
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
What posts? That's what I'm saying, you never mentioned it. I can't provide evidence to something that doesn't exist.
Which is exactly why I'm saying, it doesn't exist. You've never mentioned hermaphrodites and if you're so high and mighty on this thing and all "nobody-should-dare-get-o ff-topic-with-me" then you'll stay on topic and enlighten us about what you think about hermaphrodites marrying.
Otherwise you're just as dabbled in double standards as you and those who agree with you accuse our side of being.
How rare, or common, is the condition?
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181847 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If all other laws against polygamy were repealed except PROP 8, that would be the only thing stopping polygamy from being legal in California, X-box.
Sounds relevant and on topic to me.
Don't hog all the victimhood, Prop 8 is as much about poly as it is about same sex.
What don't you understand about one man one woman? Prop 8 prohibits both same sex and poly marriage.
Enough with your hypotheticals about poly marriage, it's clear enough you don't support it.

"Proposition 8 (ballot title: Eliminates Rights of Same-Sex Couples to Marry. Initiative Constitutional Amendment; originally titled the "California Marriage Protection Act")[21][22] was a California ballot proposition that changed the California Constitution to add a new section 7.5 to Article I, which reads: "Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.""

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Propo...

The ballot title of Proposition 8 did not in any way mention polygamy or polygamous relationships or marriages. It only mentioned the restrictions of the marriage rights of gay couples.

Now: I am going to go back through every single one of your comments posted on this forum and mark all of them "off-topic". Why?

This topic has nothing to do with the right to polygamy. If you're interested in advocating for the legal recognition of it in California, you can find a forum about it and comment all you like. If none exists, you can attempt to create one. But don't whine about it here. It has no place and your petty attempts to make Prop 8 out as anti-poly don't work now, nor did they ever.

Ta ta!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181848 Feb 28, 2013
Dale DuBois wrote:
http://thepeoplescube.com/peop les-blog/kim-jong-un-and-barac k-obama-bobbsey-twins-t8165.ht ml
Good one!
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181849 Feb 28, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
How rare, or common, is the condition?
Between 0.1 and 0.2 percent. But even so that's thousands of people. At least.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181850 Feb 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you weren't such a dope, you'd know when I say I support TRUE marriage equality, it means I support the right to marry for EVERY adult who wants marriage and wants a family. What don't you understand about "everyone" jackass?
The fact that you try to make things that don't pertain to poly marriage appear as though they do, like Prop 8.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#181851 Feb 28, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
How rare, or common, is the condition?
Does it matter?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#181852 Feb 28, 2013
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
And who do hermaphrodites marry? Are they just completely cut out from the institution? They're not a man or a woman. Or this law doesn't specify for them.
You and akpilot say we're all just for a cause, for self-affirmation, and if we were really for letting everyone be happy, we would support poly marriage. But where are the hermaphrodites in this? They exist. Their conditions are genetic. Neither you nor akpilot have mentioned that.
Please, enlighten me on your insight to this.
You may wish to bring yourself up to the 20th century and realise that hermaphrodite is a term applied to animals. Intersex is the preferred term for humans.

Intersex indivicuals often identify as either man or woman and live according to that identity. This may be "determined" for them at a very early age by parents and doctors or the individual may adopt a gender identity later in life based upon personal feelings. Note here that I don't think they should be forced to live as a man or a woman, it ought to be their choice to identify as they wish.

With regard to marriage I seriously doubt there is an issue for couples as they've more than likely settled on who they are well before vows are considered.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#181853 Feb 28, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
How rare, or common, is the condition?
Intersex is a broad category that probably affects more people than you think. I've seen figures around 1 in 100. Having both genetalia phenotypically expressed is more uncommon though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The under ground tunnel , Florida ave. downtown... (Oct '11) 13 hr Jen 79
Man assaults kids at McDonalds-east florida on ... (Jul '13) 23 hr tellinitlikeitis 130
Scammed by Richardson RV; DO NOT do business w... Thu hemet sucks 2
Husband, Wife Die In Apparent Murder-Suicide (Jan '07) Feb 26 tellinitlikeitis 18
Can white people call themselves African American? (Sep '12) Feb 24 TELETUBBIES CALL Me 102
Menifee Authors Feb 22 286author 1
Gay priest from Redlands discusses sexuality, r... Feb 20 RevKen 10

Winter Storm Warning for Riverside County was issued at March 01 at 1:24PM PST

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:05 pm PST