Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
158,481 - 158,500 of 200,343 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago
Paste wax

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#181587
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

6

An article in the SGVExaminer.com newspaper, page B3 February 14 - 20, 2013

Penned by Robert Sundance.

Helps explain how and why small time police chiefs of small towns are and have become boot-lickers to the political connected and city council member's.

Why is it the blind eye is turned towards a illegal act by one of the politically connected and or J-walkers are roughted up and charged with felonies etc.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#181589
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

6

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again..... you are so defective.
The Browns went on tv and ADVERTIZED the fact that they were breaking Utah law. Charges were brought and dropped. The Browns are attempting to get that law overturned. They are NOT SEEKING LEGAL RECOGNITION OF THEIR "MARRIAGE" So spare us the martyr to the cause dog&pony show.
Wowwww.....tsk tsk..."dog&pony show"...really? My my how the SSM elite look down on others. The fact that the Browns are not seeking legal recognition does not preclude the possibility in the future by them or others.

How does plural marriage effect SSM?

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#181590
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Wowwww.....tsk tsk..."dog&pony show"...really? My my how the SSM elite look down on others. The fact that the Browns are not seeking legal recognition does not preclude the possibility in the future by them or others.
How does plural marriage effect SSM?
Dunno, dont care. Do you?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#181591
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>

Dorn wrote:
Allowing homosexual couples to marry and receive the same financial benefits that straight married couples have is the right thing to do.
If that should somehow result in allowing polygamous marriages, women should be allowed to have more than one husband as well as allowing men to marry more than one woman. This would not cause any more children to be born and would eleminate prostitution.
Time marches on: For the good of Planet Earth humans should stop overpopulating and using up the natual resourses which causes other species to go extinct.

Excellent post. I fully agree.
I don't! The only thing that will eliminate prostitution is extinction of humans.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#181592
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Wowwww.....tsk tsk..."dog&pony show"...really? My my how the SSM elite look down on others. The fact that the Browns are not seeking legal recognition does not preclude the possibility in the future by them or others.
How does plural marriage effect SSM?
No effect whatsoever so far

We have 10 states that legally recognize and preform same sex marriages

We have the District of Columbia that recognizes and preforms same sex marriages

We have one state that does not yet preform them in that state but does recognize all same sex marriages performed in other states

and a state in temporary limbo that did recognize same sex marriages and will likely again soon come June

and we have how many states so far that recognize poly marriages?

oh that is right.... none

they appear totally unrelated

and I am not going to talk about A leads to C ( sister ) before you can establish A leads to B (Poly )

so far... you got zip

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#181593
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No effect whatsoever so far
We have 10 states that legally recognize and preform same sex marriages
We have the District of Columbia that recognizes and preforms same sex marriages
We have one state that does not yet preform them in that state but does recognize all same sex marriages performed in other states
and a state in temporary limbo that did recognize same sex marriages and will likely again soon come June
and we have how many states so far that recognize poly marriages?
oh that is right.... none
they appear totally unrelated
and I am not going to talk about A leads to C ( sister ) before you can establish A leads to B (Poly )
so far... you got zip
Key words "....so far"
Counter

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#181594
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

We have already stock piled all your BS.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#181595
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Key words "....so far"
Yes, and even if it does become legal, one would have to establish that it was specifically due to Same Sex marriage that it happened, a leap I for one will not automatically take.

then we can move on to his ( or your ) desire to marry your sister, goat or what have you.

Good, so... get to work, get out there and make it happen, get signatures for a ballot measure, or lawyers in line and I will be happy to watch from the sidelines.

I will even vote in your favor if it comes up.

but as least you can see.... so far... no connection, just opinions.

In the meantime, more and more states will be accepting and preforming Same Sex marriages, its time has come. Last I saw in the news there were even some Republican leadership getting on the bandwagon.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#181596
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Because she doesnít want you, ask your goat
No, that's not it. It's because of an archaic law based on a old theory that it causes medical problems in the offspring. This has been proven mostly false.

You make fun of the goat argument against SSM then you use it yourself 3 hours later against other forms of marriage.

And then you call me a hypocrite.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#181597
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Wowwww.....tsk tsk..."dog&pony show"...really? My my how the SSM elite look down on others. The fact that the Browns are not seeking legal recognition does not preclude the possibility in the future by them or others.
How does plural marriage effect SSM?
Then stop using the Browns as an example.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#181598
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again..... you are so defective.
The Browns went on tv and ADVERTIZED the fact that they were breaking Utah law. Charges were brought and dropped. The Browns are attempting to get that law overturned. They are NOT SEEKING LEGAL RECOGNITION OF THEIR "MARRIAGE" So spare us the martyr to the cause dog&pony show.
The first step, which they have done, is to avoid prosecution. It's a long road, but if you're young and healthy enough you'll get so see the end of it!

Imagine! True marriage equality! That will be a great day! Right?...Right Miss Thing?...Right?...Miss Thing?...
Counter

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#181599
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Best city council to be bought, Glendora, California known far a wide as the easy to do council member's, doesn't cost much will take lay away plan or time payments.

Just get the money to them, honey.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#181600
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's not it. It's because of an archaic law based on a old theory that it causes medical problems in the offspring. This has been proven mostly false.
You make fun of the goat argument against SSM then you use it yourself 3 hours later against other forms of marriage.
And then you call me a hypocrite.
are you asking me if I am in favor of forced incest marriages whether she wants to or not.

I am not in favor of forced incest marriage

FYI
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#181601
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's not it. It's because of an archaic law based on a old theory that it causes medical problems in the offspring. This has been proven mostly false.
You make fun of the goat argument against SSM then you use it yourself 3 hours later against other forms of marriage.
And then you call me a hypocrite.
No comprehension again Frankie?

The Goat argument is one we are waiting for YOU to make after you get past wanting to marry your sister, the next step in your slippery slope argument.

I am not making any slippery slope arguments at all, nor any argument against poly marriage, just pointing out that it isnít likely to happen soon.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#181603
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok you want a serious answer?
Start a petition to put it on a ballot, it will be like taking a survey and you will get a LOT of answers.:)
Have your sister there with you when you do it too, that will make it a LOT funnier, please take video, get Google-glass because we will want to see the feed direct.
Make sure you tell people about the slippery slope and that you are asking because of Same Sex Marriage
My opinion doesnít matter, get a general public opinion.
( but please get Google-glass first, we want to watch )
Same old bullsh!t and diversion, dopey ad hominem and a good dose of nasty meanness against marriage for people you don't like. Nice!

I remember in the early days of same sex marriage there were people exactly like you. With the same dumb jokes.

You think it's funny and crack mean spirited jokes about people being denied equal protection. There are names for people like you. Hypocrite comes to mind.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#181604
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't make up the rules in Logic. It's Logic 101.
The slippery slope argument is what it is.
The Slippery Slope is a fallacy in which a person asserts that some event must inevitably follow from another without any argument for the inevitability of the event in question. In most cases, there are a series of steps or gradations between one event and the one in question and no reason is given as to why the intervening steps or gradations will simply be bypassed.
let's try this ploy:
In most cases, there are a series of steps or gradations between one event and the one in question and no reason is given as to why the intervening steps or gradations will simply be bypassed.
In most cases, there are a series of steps or gradations between one event and the one in question and no reason is given as to why the intervening steps or gradations will simply be bypassed.
In most cases, there are a series of steps or gradations between one event and the one in question and no reason is given as to why the intervening steps or gradations will simply be bypassed.
The worst way to rebut the slippery slope argument is what you do. Deny it. Call it a fallacy. And the best way is with education. Please educate yourself.

I am going to provide an excellent link by a UCLA professor of the law who is in favor of same sex marriage like you and I are on the slippery slope argument.
You would do well to read it. Get educated. Then ditch the dumb "it's a fallacy!" denial response.

Then you'll have a much easier time when someone like me comes along and plays devil's advocate with your dumb ass.

Hope you read it.

http://www2.law.ucla.edu/volokh/marriage.pdf
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#181605
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Same old bullsh!t and diversion, dopey ad hominem and a good dose of nasty meanness against marriage for people you don't like. Nice!
I remember in the early days of same sex marriage there were people exactly like you. With the same dumb jokes.
You think it's funny and crack mean spirited jokes about people being denied equal protection. There are names for people like you. Hypocrite comes to mind.
Seriously, Google glass will be available shortly, you will rank high on You tube with that video.

For all I know you will get nothing but positive responses.

Right now we have 10 states that preform same sex marriages, one district that preforms then, one more that recognizes them, with more on the way.

None of these have of course lead to Poly marriages and even if Utah accepted it today, you could not make that case as Same Sex marriages will probably come there last.

So there is no correlation between Poly and Same Sex marriage at all other than someoneís opinion, no facts to speak of. But still, you donít have a ghost of a chance saying A leads to B, let alone C ( your sister ) until you get one state to recognize them.

To make the correlation you need to start with a state that already recognizes them, so the Brown case wonít apply at all.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#181606
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He has been denying the whole "slippery slope" as the reason for his bringing up poly ( and his sister ) thing from the beginning, and now he embraces it.
Maybe we can finally set aside his dishonesty if he is going to start being honest about his position on SSM now.
Liar.

I am trying to discuss marriage equality with your dumb ass. Your extreme hostility speaks volumes.

I ask a philosophical question you fly off the handle. I can't imagine you in a professional meeting! WOW! Accusing people of trying to trick you! Calling them liars! Insisting they have an ulterior motive! Ordering them to go to the streets and campaign. Asking how many people want it because it's not valid unless x number of people want it. etc. etc.

Try and relax. If you don't want to DISCUSS all aspects of marriage equality, maybe don't hang out in a MARRIAGE forum?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#181607
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

8

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No comprehension again Frankie?
The Goat argument is one we are waiting for YOU to make after you get past wanting to marry your sister, the next step in your slippery slope argument.
I am not making any slippery slope arguments at all, nor any argument against poly marriage, just pointing out that it isnít likely to happen soon.
The marry your goat argument again. You ridicule it when used against same sex marriage and then champion it when used against any form of marriage you don't like.

Classic hypocrite.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#181608
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

8

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No comprehension again Frankie?
The Goat argument is one we are waiting for YOU to make after you get past wanting to marry your sister, the next step in your slippery slope argument.
I am not making any slippery slope arguments at all, nor any argument against poly marriage, just pointing out that it isnít likely to happen soon.
I am making the slippery slope argument dummy.

Damn you're stupid boy!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 8 hr snodder 2,252
stetson townhomes (Aug '13) 17 hr i want one 3
New to Hemet; Impression (Aug '12) 19 hr love hemet 15
good restaurants in Hemet (Jan '11) 19 hr love mickey ds 127
25 most dangerous citys in Us. (Nov '10) 19 hr senior center 27
hemet fireworks? (Jul '09) 19 hr no fireworks 33
HEMET: 28 jailed in sweep of parolees, probatio... 20 hr goguy 1
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
Hemet Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hemet News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hemet
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••