Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,923)

Showing posts 158,441 - 158,460 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are shouted down by people more intelligent, that see through your childish ploy about a subject you have already state you have no personal interest in and are only using it as a pathetic way to attack supporters of same sex marriage
There you go again. The "you're lying!" straw man yet again? Didn't we just talk about that?

Why do you seem to believe that polygamy doesn't deserve the same consideration as same sex marriage?

A valid reason please.

Not "there's not enough of them" Not "you're a liar" and not "people are more intelligent than you!"

And not "get a lawyer!" or "go gather signatures!" or "Marry your goat!"
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are shouted down by people more intelligent, that see through your childish ploy about a subject you have already state you have no personal interest in and are only using it as a pathetic way to attack supporters of same sex marriage
You have already stated you don't have a personal interest in same sex marriage.

If you can't mention a Chevy in a discussion of a Ford, That's dumb! And censorship.

If you can't talk of space travel without actually going to space, that's dumb! And censorship.

If you can't mention poly MARRIAGE in a discussion of same sex MARRIAGE that's dumb. And censorship.

P.S. Are you going to invite me to one of your talks about astronomy? If you say Mars, I want to yell "SHUDDUP MARS BOY!" Then if you mention the Milky Way I can scream "Liar!". You just say Milky Way as a ploy!"

The bottom line is you are an ignorant bigot trying to shout down ideas.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again. The "you're lying!" straw man yet again? Didn't we just talk about that?
Why do you seem to believe that polygamy doesn't deserve the same consideration as same sex marriage?
A valid reason please.
Not "there's not enough of them" Not "you're a liar" and not "people are more intelligent than you!"
If you are personally interested, then you should be out campaigning for it and not harping about it here, as here will get you nowhere ( as you have already noticed I am sure )

But as you have already stated you have no personal interest in poly, and you refuse to create a poly form to discuss it in, your only desire is to side track all conversations about SSM to Poly, which means you only have an interest in bringing it up with SSM supporters here, whom you constantly attack.

EVERYONE can see right through what you are doing
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are personally interested, then you should be out campaigning for it and not harping about it here, as here will get you nowhere ( as you have already noticed I am sure )
But as you have already stated you have no personal interest in poly, and you refuse to create a poly form to discuss it in, your only desire is to side track all conversations about SSM to Poly, which means you only have an interest in bringing it up with SSM supporters here, whom you constantly attack.
Don't be so silly. This is a discussion forum.

I can discuss marriage equality for polygamists without a personal interest in a poly marriage and you can discuss same sex marriage without a personal interest in a same sex marriage.

I can discuss poly marriage without going out in the streets and campaigning, and you can discuss same sex marriage without going out in the streets and campaigning.

I am mostly the only one attempting to discuss marriage equality here. If I wasn't here this thread would be dead as a door nail.

Your attempts to censor me speak volumes. Why do you not give poly marriage the same consideration as same sex marriage?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is your long angry rants are straw men. Designed to avoid the real argument that you have lost long ago.

You say the same dumb things over and over hoping for the desired effect that never comes.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have posted plenty. You have ignored them or responded with real dumb stuff like "yuo are stuk on stooooooooooooopid".
Because you are a big dopey galoot troll!
Copy, cut paste, Your Ideas..........
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that only works for you. When I look in the mirror I see someone trying to discuss marriage equality.
The topic is Prop 8, retardo.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
A valid reason please.
What makes you think this topic is about polygamy? Do you see the word polygamy anywhere in the article?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Copy, cut paste, Your Ideas..........
I have. Many times. You're not interested. You have shouted them down with stupidity. Due to the fact that you're an obsessed cyberstalking CREEP! And a very dumb troll with no argument.

Hope that helped.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is your long angry rants are straw men. Designed to avoid the real argument that you have lost long ago.
You say the same dumb things over and over hoping for the desired effect that never comes.
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage is the topic. You say the same irrelevant things over and over, hoping for the desired effect that never comes.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
The topic is Prop 8, retardo.
Yes. Shall I repeat my response to that? Did you forget already Miss Thing?

OK. I will! If the federal law against polygamy were to be repealed, the only thing stopping poly marriage in California would be PROPOSITION EIGHT.

And there's your topic! Prop 8! Whine about that fruitcake!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think this topic is about polygamy? Do you see the word polygamy anywhere in the article?
If the federal law against polygamy were to be repealed, the only thing stopping poly marriage in California would be PROPOSITION EIGHT.

Don't you agree with my post about PROPOSITION EIGHT Miss Thing?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage is the topic. You say the same irrelevant things over and over, hoping for the desired effect that never comes.
No, that's you.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Shall I repeat my response to that? Did you forget already Miss Thing?
OK. I will! If the federal law against polygamy were to be repealed, the only thing stopping poly marriage in California would be PROPOSITION EIGHT.
And there's your topic! Prop 8! Whine about that fruitcake!
Really, dumbo? You think when DOMA and Prop 8 go down, polygamy will become legal in California??? Really? What about California laws against bigamy? Did they just evaporate on your planet?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If the federal law against polygamy were to be repealed, the only thing stopping poly marriage in California would be PROPOSITION EIGHT.
Don't you agree with my post about PROPOSITION EIGHT Miss Thing?
No, dumbass, I don't because you are incorrect.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Link
In the Brown lawsuit, Mr. Turley and Mr. Alba said the Brown family, members of the Apostolic United Brethren faith, has committed no crime except to live together,“motivated by their sincere religious beliefs and love for one another.”

States cannot “criminalize consensual intimate relationships, including homosexual relationships, between unmarried adults,” the lawyers wrote, citing the 2003 U.S. Supreme Court decision in Lawrence v. Texas.

And yet Utah has a law that forbids a legally married person from “purport[ing] to marry another person or cohabit[ing] with another person,” the lawyers wrote.

With this and other anti-polygamy laws, Utah “criminalizes not just polygamous marriages, but also an array of plural intimate relationships and associations of consenting adults,” Mr. Turley and Mr. Alba wrote.

The Brown family’s “basic liberties and equal protection” are being violated, they added, asking the court to “preliminarily and permanently” block enforcement of Utah’s laws that ban and criminalize polygamy.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jul/24...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, dumbo? You think when DOMA and Prop 8 go down, polygamy will become legal in California??? Really? What about California laws against bigamy? Did they just evaporate on your planet?
Prop 8 being defeated is one less hurdle to overcome in the legalization of polygamy in California.

Glad that makes you so angry! It makes me happy, I like equal rights for everyone. And especially for people you don't approve of.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not trying to avoid the real argument, about the overturn of Prop 8 in California :)
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so silly. This is a discussion forum.
I can discuss marriage equality for polygamists without a personal interest in a poly marriage and you can discuss same sex marriage without a personal interest in a same sex marriage.
I can discuss poly marriage without going out in the streets and campaigning, and you can discuss same sex marriage without going out in the streets and campaigning.
I am mostly the only one attempting to discuss marriage equality here. If I wasn't here this thread would be dead as a door nail.
Your attempts to censor me speak volumes. Why do you not give poly marriage the same consideration as same sex marriage?
I never said I didn’t

I’m not trying to censor you, I am just pointing out what you are doing to any newcomers so they don’t mistakenly take you as sincere, so they know you attack any supporters of SSM and are just using Poly as a way to do so.

Anyone that has been here a while already knows
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Brown lawsuit, Mr. Turley and Mr. Alba said the Brown family, members of the Apostolic United Brethren faith, has committed no crime except to live together,“motivated by their sincere religious beliefs and love for one another.”
States cannot “criminalize consensual intimate relationships, including homosexual relationships, between unmarried adults,” the lawyers wrote, citing the 2003 U.S. Supreme Court decision in Lawrence v. Texas.
And yet Utah has a law that forbids a legally married person from “purport[ing] to marry another person or cohabit[ing] with another person,” the lawyers wrote.
With this and other anti-polygamy laws, Utah “criminalizes not just polygamous marriages, but also an array of plural intimate relationships and associations of consenting adults,” Mr. Turley and Mr. Alba wrote.
Ok....that's their argument... did the Court rule yet?

You do realize that the Brown's are NOT asking to have their marriage legally recognized, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 158,441 - 158,460 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••