Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
158,281 - 158,300 of 200,331 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It was illegal before prop 8 and it will still be illegal after prop 8 goes away. It's a federal law.
So you think when DOMA goes down, polygamy will be legal?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Bear with me hypocrite
Prop 8 is specifically about same sex marriage
It makes no changes whatsoever with Poly marriage which was illegal both before and after prop 8, prop 8 was specifically about same sex marriage, nothing whatsoever to do with Poly Marriage which was already illegal anyway, not so with Same sex marriage.
This attack of yours on same sex marriage is continuing to fail
Bear with me on this scenario. The feds rightfully ditch that archaic discriminatory law against polygamy.

So now poly marriage is up to the states. In CA if prop 8 still was in force, you could not poly marry in CA. And the only thing stopping you would be prop 8.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>So you think when DOMA goes down, polygamy will be legal?
No. You know I don't think that, Miss Straw Man.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Go right ahead. Use your hypothetical as proof. We'll continue to laugh at your simple-mindedness. And when the feds do away with that silly law about free-speech, we'll get your ass thrown in jail. Try again, shit-for-brains.
I'm saving this post as proof of your abject stupidity.
Why is polygamy illegal Miss Thing?

http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Opponents of gay rights often warn that legalizing same-sex marriage would inexorably lead to legalizing polygamy. Maybe it would, and maybe it should.

Denying gay couples the right to marry violates state constitutional guarantees of equality, as the California and Massachusetts high courts have rightly ruled.(The Supreme Court of California also held that the right to marry is fundamental.)

Surely polyamorists have the same rights to equal treatment under law.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
Yes. Same sex marriage is a no brainer for conservatives. The government should have no business in dictating which gender you may marry. Hell Dick Cheney, one of the most hated conservatives by your types, has always supported SSM.

Don't forget Bill Clinton was a big champion of DOMA only 20 years ago. And Barak Obama was not "evolved" just 5 years ago.

Most of the conservatives not on board are against SSM due to their first amendment protected religious beliefs.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure........ we believe you..... wink, wink.
There you go again.

I'd sure love to hear the reason you think I'm lying. But you don't have one. You know I am sincere, you are just attempting a straw man where I have to prove my veracity.

It's on you toots, not me. Tell us why you hate polygamists and wish to deny them equal protection. Let's cut through your bullsh!t (again).
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear god..........
Who does legal recognition come from then, shit-for-brains?
The government should have no say in which gender you marry.

Sound better now Miss Thing?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
That is only because it is unrelated to gay people having the same ability to marry just ONE that straight folks already have, and because it is one of the prime straw men thrown around as a reason to prevent gay folks from marrying just that one.
Even polygamists can already marry that first spouse.
But only if that spouse is of the opposite gender.
"Even polygamists can already marry that first spouse."

Priceless!

Even homosexuals have that right to marry that opposite gender spouse. Now see how silly you are?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again.
I'd sure love to hear the reason you think I'm lying. But you don't have one. You know I am sincere, you are just attempting a straw man where I have to prove my veracity.
It's on you toots, not me. Tell us why you hate polygamists and wish to deny them equal protection. Let's cut through your bullsh!t (again).
Once again, probably for the hundredth time, I do not hate polygamists, so you can stop that lie anytime, although I doubt if you will.
Deny them equal protection? Huh? I'm not the Court, sweetcheeks. It's not up to me. Our Constitution grants equal protection. However, I don't believe you understand the concept of equal protection. You think it's the same thing as everyone should have equal rights. It's not the same thing.

So let's cut through your LIES.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The government should have no say in which gender you marry.
Sound better now Miss Thing?
No, doesn't sound better, you moron. The government grants marriage. OF COURSE they have a say. It seems that you lack even a basic understanding of the world.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again.
I'd sure love to hear the reason you think I'm lying. But you don't have one.
I gave you the reason, you flaming dumbass. You use anti-gay epithets. It is incongruent behavior. Of course there is another possibility..... batshit cra-cra.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text> I gave you the reason, you flaming dumbass. You use anti-gay epithets. It is incongruent behavior. Of course there is another possibility..... batshit cra-cra.
I call bullsh!t. I don't use anti gay epithets Miss Thing. Maybe you sense my contempt for you, but it's not because you're gay.

I have friends and family I love dearly that are homosexuals bla bla bla.

It's a NY thing. You're from Joisey. You never heard someone call another "fruitcake" or fruitloops"? It has no sexuality connotation. You have a huge chip on your shoulder.

If it has any meaning beyond "dude" or etc. It means you're crazy. Nuttier than a fruitcake.

Having said that fruitloops, Screw off you miserable old malcontent hypocrite. Glad it makes you angry.

Hope that helps.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>No, doesn't sound better, you moron. The government grants marriage. OF COURSE they have a say. It seems that you lack even a basic understanding of the world.
You don't like it when the government has a say regarding which gender you choose to marry.

But you like it when they have a say regarding how many you choose to marry.

Classic hypocrite.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Go right ahead. Use your hypothetical as proof. We'll continue to laugh at your simple-mindedness. And when the feds do away with that silly law about free-speech, we'll get your ass thrown in jail. Try again, shit-for-brains.
I'm saving this post as proof of your abject stupidity.
Nice! Glad you're not the Queen. What a miserable thing that would be.

People denied equal protection. Ha ha so funny laugh it up good like the bigots against SSM. You are no different. It's just the people you hate are different.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I talked to your sister, she doesnít want you, maybe your goat will.
( chuckle )
Frankie, we all know already, you have no actual interest in poly marriage, you donít actually want to marry your sister, and you are refraining from telling us about your feelings toward you goat.
You only use these subjects as a way to try and attack supporters of Same Sex Marriage
You arenít fooling anyone.
So attack the messenger not the message?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't like it when the government has a say regarding which gender you choose to marry.
But you like it when they have a say regarding how many you choose to marry.
Classic hypocrite.
What's good for the gay goose is not good for the poly gander.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>No, doesn't sound better, you moron. The government grants marriage. OF COURSE they have a say. It seems that you lack even a basic understanding of the world.
Would marriage still exist if the government withdrew legal recognition?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, probably for the hundredth time, I do not hate polygamists, so you can stop that lie anytime, although I doubt if you will.
Deny them equal protection? Huh? I'm not the Court, sweetcheeks. It's not up to me. Our Constitution grants equal protection. However, I don't believe you understand the concept of equal protection. You think it's the same thing as everyone should have equal rights. It's not the same thing.
So let's cut through your LIES.
You wish to deny polygamists the right to marry. You have stated they are not worthy. Remember? "What about the children!"

And besides, you cannot hide your hostility to poly. Or by association to me. It drips from your every post about it.

You are against equal protection and you are very paranoid. You think I'm trying to trick you. You're insane.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
What's good for the gay goose is not good for the poly gander.
Well said.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Hemet Forum right now

Search the Hemet Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 12 min Acme Pest Control 15,916
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 2 hr Abrahem 7,841
Black Hair salon in hemet 5 hr run 44
Vacationing family loses thousands in bicycle t... Wed Donny B 5
topix needs to remove ads Wed ads 5
Annoying Teachers! (Aug '11) Wed underpaid 72
Illegal immigrants in Menifee Wed thot 13
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs