Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,038

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181365 Feb 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax fruitcake, I call my girlfriend and grand kids that. They giggle.
I use it with no sexuality connotation whatsoever. Get that chip off your shoulder Miss Thing.
One more failure in your witch hunt. Try harder.
The "you're lying" straw man. So old.
Sure........ we believe you..... wink, wink.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181366 Feb 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You do dummy. And so do I.
I never said that.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181367 Feb 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
We know that Miss Thing.
But prop 8 says marriage is for a man and a woman, effectively banning same sex marriage AND polygamy. It's defeat is good for both.
Your anger at that fact and your attempts to deny that fact speak volumes.
Polygamy was illegal BEFORE Prop 8. It will remain illegal when Prop 8 goes down. Prop 8 had nothing to do with polygamy. Your stupidity speaks volumes.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181368 Feb 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
The government should have no say in who you marry.
Oh dear god..........

Who does legal recognition come from then, shit-for-brains?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181369 Feb 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL are you suggesting that polygamy was legal before prop 8?
Wrong!... try again
Same sex marriage was in fact legal before prop 8, and some 18,000 legal same sex marriages were preformed legally before this unconstitutional measure was voted on.
No. It was illegal before prop 8 and it will still be illegal after prop 8 goes away. It's a federal law.

But bear with me on this scenario. The feds rightfully ditch that archaic discriminatory law against polygamy.

So now poly marriage is up to the states. In CA if prop 8 still was in force, you could not poly marry in CA. And the only thing stopping you would be prop 8.

I am saving this post as boilerplate for every time one of you clowns tries to use your dumb "prop 8 has no effect on poly" argument again.

Try again hypocrite.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181370 Feb 26, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy was illegal BEFORE Prop 8. It will remain illegal when Prop 8 goes down. Prop 8 had nothing to do with polygamy. Your stupidity speaks volumes.
No. Polygamy was illegal before prop 8 and it will still be illegal after prop 8 goes away. It's a federal law.

But bear with me on this scenario. The feds rightfully ditch that archaic discriminatory law against polygamy.

So now poly marriage is up to the states. In CA if prop 8 still was in force, you could not poly marry in CA. And the only thing stopping you would be prop 8.

I am saving this post as boilerplate for every time one of you clowns tries to use your dumb "prop 8 has no effect on poly" argument again.

Try again hypocrite.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#181371 Feb 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It was illegal before prop 8 and it will still be illegal after prop 8 goes away. It's a federal law.
Try again hypocrite.
Bear with me hypocrite

Prop 8 is specifically about same sex marriage

It makes no changes whatsoever with Poly marriage which was illegal both before and after prop 8, prop 8 was specifically about same sex marriage, nothing whatsoever to do with Poly Marriage which was already illegal anyway, not so with Same sex marriage.

This attack of yours on same sex marriage is continuing to fail
Big D

Modesto, CA

#181372 Feb 26, 2013
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181373 Feb 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Polygamy was illegal before prop 8 and it will still be illegal after prop 8 goes away. It's a federal law.
Try again hypocrite.
Go right ahead. Use your hypothetical as proof. We'll continue to laugh at your simple-mindedness. And when the feds do away with that silly law about free-speech, we'll get your ass thrown in jail. Try again, shit-for-brains.

I'm saving this post as proof of your abject stupidity.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181374 Feb 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There should be no reason to say "opposite sex marriage" or "same sex marriage" or "poly marriage". It's all just "marriage"
All marriages are worthy of the same respect and consideration.
The government should have no say in who you marry. If they want to offer special benefits to married people, they should respect equal protection.
Either they should stop all the goodies they give to married people, or stop choosing who gets them based on tradition or popularity of their marriages and give them to all marriages.
"Even polygamists can already marry that first spouse."

Priceless!

Even homosexuals have that right to marry that opposite gender spouse. Now see how silly you are?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181375 Feb 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think when DOMA goes down, polygamy will be legal?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181376 Feb 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Bear with me hypocrite
Prop 8 is specifically about same sex marriage
It makes no changes whatsoever with Poly marriage which was illegal both before and after prop 8, prop 8 was specifically about same sex marriage, nothing whatsoever to do with Poly Marriage which was already illegal anyway, not so with Same sex marriage.
This attack of yours on same sex marriage is continuing to fail
Bear with me on this scenario. The feds rightfully ditch that archaic discriminatory law against polygamy.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181377 Feb 26, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>So you think when DOMA goes down, polygamy will be legal?
No. You know I don't think that, Miss Straw Man.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181378 Feb 26, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Go right ahead. Use your hypothetical as proof. We'll continue to laugh at your simple-mindedness. And when the feds do away with that silly law about free-speech, we'll get your ass thrown in jail. Try again, shit-for-brains.
I'm saving this post as proof of your abject stupidity.
Why is polygamy illegal Miss Thing?

http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181379 Feb 26, 2013
Opponents of gay rights often warn that legalizing same-sex marriage would inexorably lead to legalizing polygamy. Maybe it would, and maybe it should.

Denying gay couples the right to marry violates state constitutional guarantees of equality, as the California and Massachusetts high courts have rightly ruled.(The Supreme Court of California also held that the right to marry is fundamental.)

Surely polyamorists have the same rights to equal treatment under law.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181380 Feb 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
Yes. Same sex marriage is a no brainer for conservatives. The government should have no business in dictating which gender you may marry. Hell Dick Cheney, one of the most hated conservatives by your types, has always supported SSM.

Don't forget Bill Clinton was a big champion of DOMA only 20 years ago. And Barak Obama was not "evolved" just 5 years ago.

Most of the conservatives not on board are against SSM due to their first amendment protected religious beliefs.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181381 Feb 26, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure........ we believe you..... wink, wink.
There you go again.

I'd sure love to hear the reason you think I'm lying. But you don't have one. You know I am sincere, you are just attempting a straw man where I have to prove my veracity.

It's on you toots, not me. Tell us why you hate polygamists and wish to deny them equal protection. Let's cut through your bullsh!t (again).
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181382 Feb 26, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear god..........
Who does legal recognition come from then, shit-for-brains?
The government should have no say in which gender you marry.

Sound better now Miss Thing?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181383 Feb 26, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
That is only because it is unrelated to gay people having the same ability to marry just ONE that straight folks already have, and because it is one of the prime straw men thrown around as a reason to prevent gay folks from marrying just that one.
Even polygamists can already marry that first spouse.
But only if that spouse is of the opposite gender.
"Even polygamists can already marry that first spouse."

Priceless!

Even homosexuals have that right to marry that opposite gender spouse. Now see how silly you are?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181385 Feb 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again.
I'd sure love to hear the reason you think I'm lying. But you don't have one. You know I am sincere, you are just attempting a straw man where I have to prove my veracity.
It's on you toots, not me. Tell us why you hate polygamists and wish to deny them equal protection. Let's cut through your bullsh!t (again).
Once again, probably for the hundredth time, I do not hate polygamists, so you can stop that lie anytime, although I doubt if you will.
Deny them equal protection? Huh? I'm not the Court, sweetcheeks. It's not up to me. Our Constitution grants equal protection. However, I don't believe you understand the concept of equal protection. You think it's the same thing as everyone should have equal rights. It's not the same thing.

So let's cut through your LIES.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HemetFor now, judge won't block Hemet fire switch 8 hr EastEndResident 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 9 hr RiccardoFire 16,008
HemetHEMET: Firefighters want voters decide dep... 11 hr EastEndResident 3
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sun No Time for Tea 5,084
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 27 Bucketeers 7,965
Diamond valley middle school Sep 25 Hopeing this is n... 1
Review: Hemet Eye Care Center Of Optometry (Oct '13) Sep 21 hi5432j 2

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Hemet Jobs

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hemet News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hemet