Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,149

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181289 Feb 25, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
And I ask: What gives us the right to restrict the number to "one" ?
If nobody else will answer this, then I will:

Our right to limit marriage to one person is backed by the fact that no stigma in our psyche rationally provokes us to want to mate with more than one person. Maybe on a conscious level that may seem like the case sometimes, but it doesn't resonate subconsciously, or at least has not yet been shown to by psychologists.

Which is exactly the opposite case for homosexuality. Scientists, biologists, psychologists - they've all reached the same conclusion regarding this. When it's looked at in an objective, unbiased light, any experienced practician can see the trend: homosexuality is just as genetic as taste buds. The desire to commit bigamy is not.

Gay relationships are not the equivalent of bigamy and shouldn't be equated as such.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181290 Feb 25, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, we get it- you are a bigot. You don't care about equal right's just your cause.
I'm sorry, which side of this argument are you on again? The anti-equality one?

Yea, the pro-equality guy here is quite the "bigot", eh?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#181291 Feb 25, 2013
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, which side of this argument are you on again? The anti-equality one?
Yea, the pro-equality guy here is quite the "bigot", eh?
"pro-equality?" Hardly, you're just interested in a cause, not really interested in equality, but then again none of you really are.

But hey, you guys never let rational thought get in the way of a good protest. I guess it makes you guys feel like you have a purpose.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#181292 Feb 25, 2013
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
If nobody else will answer this, then I will:
Our right to limit marriage to one person is backed by the fact that no stigma in our psyche rationally provokes us to want to mate with more than one person. Maybe on a conscious level that may seem like the case sometimes, but it doesn't resonate subconsciously, or at least has not yet been shown to by psychologists.
Which is exactly the opposite case for homosexuality. Scientists, biologists, psychologists - they've all reached the same conclusion regarding this. When it's looked at in an objective, unbiased light, any experienced practician can see the trend: homosexuality is just as genetic as taste buds. The desire to commit bigamy is not.
Gay relationships are not the equivalent of bigamy and shouldn't be equated as such.
So you are against equal rights for everyone? You are against the right of everyone to live their life the way they choose?

I guess you really aren't all that interested in keeping the government out of your bedroom after all.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181293 Feb 25, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
"pro-equality?" Hardly, you're just interested in a cause, not really interested in equality, but then again none of you really are.
But hey, you guys never let rational thought get in the way of a good protest. I guess it makes you guys feel like you have a purpose.
You bet, buddy.

History has shown this: given enough momentum, a rights-activism movement in America cannot be stopped (i.e. racial equality, gender equality, the American revolution...)

Everyone has a purpose. That's what sets the two sides of this debate apart; one side's extreme is shown to consistently show more faith in human capability than the other.

And it ain't your side, if I may resort to briefly using Texan slang.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#181294 Feb 25, 2013
GodSmacked wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie I have opened this discussion up with you on the LGBT thread.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TK0EA9RFQ...
In on that.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#181295 Feb 25, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are against equal rights for everyone? You are against the right of everyone to live their life the way they choose?
I guess you really aren't all that interested in keeping the government out of your bedroom after all.
If you want to legalize multiple-partner marriage than go right on ahead, see where you get.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#181296 Feb 25, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank got his azz handed to him. Godsmacked tried to discuss Poly marriage with him. All the boy had was Ad- Hominem attacks. Please do click on the link, and read for yourselves. Frankie is a troll.
That is a lie. I took up the glove. And smacked your pet across the mouth with it.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#181297 Feb 25, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Frank could you explain the ramifications of Poly marriage with regards to our court system, divorce and social security benefits?
I did that. In the other forum.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#181298 Feb 25, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Thats the problem Frank, you did not address the issues. Just like now I asked, you deflected. Do I need to repost the question?
No, because I have answered it. It was simple.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

#181299 Feb 25, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Frank could you explain the ramifications of Poly marriage with regards to our court system, divorce and social security benefits? Same sex marriage in no way affects them, can the same be said of Poly marriage????
Easily handled, just like you.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#181301 Feb 25, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
So because it might be "difficult", that is a good enough reason to deny someone the equal right to be happy?
Stupid, don't have a right to be happy. As horrible as you are, you obviously aren't, and no law is being broken.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#181302 Feb 25, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
"pro-equality?" Hardly, you're just interested in a cause, not really interested in equality, but then again none of you really are.
But hey, you guys never let rational thought get in the way of a good protest. I guess it makes you guys feel like you have a purpose.
Do you have a point?
No, you don't. You're just a bitter troll.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#181303 Feb 25, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are against equal rights for everyone? You are against the right of everyone to live their life the way they choose?
I guess you really aren't all that interested in keeping the government out of your bedroom after all.
Do you have a point? You post doesn't have anything to do with arguments for or against gay marriage.
jkhjhjube6trbyey b

United States

#181304 Feb 25, 2013
uynt6y

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#181305 Feb 25, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a lie. I took up the glove. And smacked your pet across the mouth with it.
Not, you remind me of the Black Knight. Go ahead and google it.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#181306 Feb 25, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
For those who don't know:
Frankie Rizzo is just a troll who is against gay marriage. He's flying under false colors pretending he is in favor of gay marriage, and flooding the forum with posts about the red herring of polygamy as a distraction. He's so dumb, he thinks I'm talking about a fish when I use the term "red herring".
So true. Hes just another jackass who thinks hes come up with a sly way to hate on Gay Americans. Its laughable that he thinks calling a Gay American a hypocrite makes them mad or hurts their feelings. When hes put in his place he resorts to name calling (a typical hater tactic to marginalize Gay Americans).

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#181307 Feb 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He's real mad and won't say. Probably sulking today.
Golly Frank, I like being in your head.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181308 Feb 25, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I did that. In the other forum.
Yes and so did I. He's not interested in it, he's a troll with an anger management problem and a very unhealthy obsession with me.

He created two troll thread against me then he says he's "in my head". When of course it's obviously the other way around.

He's just like his dopey minion Godsmacked. Declares he's winning when he'l losing badly. They both have had a bad day.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181309 Feb 25, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Golly Frank, I like being in your head.
Sounds pretty unhealthy for you fruitloops. Deal with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black People in Hemet (Jan '10) 21 hr Chris 464
good restaurants in Hemet (Jan '11) Thu Chris 112
what keeps hemet from going bankrupt? (Sep '12) Thu ThrudaWoodz 33
Do you approve of Jeff Stone as Supervisor? (Oct '11) Nov 15 bj 11
Do you approve of Paul Cook as State Assembly -... (Oct '11) Nov 15 bj 5
again the blak man Nov 14 all knowing 1
U.S. Post Office SUCKS (Apr '11) Nov 14 clerk theft 90

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match

Hemet People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hemet News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hemet

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:06 am PST