Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,192

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#181178 Feb 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's like the tenth paranoid HYPOCRITE afraid of the mere mention of poly marriage.
Well when you look around and everyone is laughing at you, there is probably a reason.

We all know, you can stop pretending now.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181179 Feb 25, 2013
Opponents of gay rights often warn that legalizing same-sex marriage would inexorably lead to legalizing polygamy. Maybe it would, and maybe it should.

Denying gay couples the right to marry violates state constitutional guarantees of equality, as the California and Massachusetts high courts have rightly ruled.(The Supreme Court of California also held that the right to marry is fundamental.)

Surely polyamorists have the same rights to equal treatment under law.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181180 Feb 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181181 Feb 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well when you look around and everyone is laughing at you, there is probably a reason.
We all know, you can stop pretending now.
ha ha ha. People denied the right to marry because they are "an offence against society" so funny.

What possible harm would a marriage of three women cause you or anyone else?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#181182 Feb 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
ha ha ha. People denied the right to marry because they are "an offence against society" so funny.
What possible harm would a marriage of three women cause you or anyone else?
I never claimed it would

what we are talking about is your dishonesty, and how you attack anyone in favor of same sex marriage.
Wet report

Covina, CA

#181183 Feb 25, 2013
It's another sunny Monday in SoCal.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181184 Feb 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Kody and the wives don't live in NY. It would've been interesting to see what the gov and legislature would've said if they showed up, with their kids in tow, when SSM was being debated.
Yes, indeed, it would have. But somehow I doubt that you will ever catch on that legally, it is a completely separate issue. It would have been just as irrelevant for the Kodys to show up and talk about the wonders of blueberry pie.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#181185 Feb 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
So why is polygamy illegal? Why don’t Mormons have the right to enter into multiple marriages sanctified by their church, if not the state? There’s a short answer to this question but not a very good one: polygamy is illegal and unprotected by the Constitution because the Supreme Court doesn’t like it.
Over one hundred years ago, the Court held in Reynolds v. U.S. that polygamy was “an offence against society.” The Reynolds decision upheld the criminal conviction of a man accused of taking a second wife in the belief that he had a religious duty to practice polygamy, a duty he would violate at risk of damnation. The Court compared polygamy to murders sanctified by religious belief, such as human sacrifice or the burning of women on their husbands’ funeral pyres.
Nice!
Frank could you explain the ramifications of Poly marriage with regards to our court system, divorce and social security benefits? Same sex marriage in no way affects them, can the same be said of Poly marriage????
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181186 Feb 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Opponents of gay rights often warn that legalizing same-sex marriage would inexorably lead to legalizing polygamy. Maybe it would, and maybe it should.
Denying gay couples the right to marry violates state constitutional guarantees of equality, as the California and Massachusetts high courts have rightly ruled.(The Supreme Court of California also held that the right to marry is fundamental.)
Surely polyamorists have the same rights to equal treatment under law.
Yes. They have the right to equal treatment. They had their day in Court and lost. Too bad, so sad.

We don't allow children to marry. Are they being deprived of equal treatment? Yes. And the Court gave legitimate State reasons for doing so.
Ca AB 32

Covina, CA

#181188 Feb 25, 2013
Back to the current news that counts:

Obout 2/3rds of California voters think global warming is serious and that government needs to combat it.

A California Assembly Bill 32, aims to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by regulating industrial polluters.

Thats the answer in a flash.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181189 Feb 25, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Thats the problem Frank, you did not address the issues. Just like now I asked, you deflected. Do I need to repost the question?
I have already even though it's really irrelevant because equal protection of the law should not have to be justified to your satisfaction.

And you would have known I have argued doggedly for poly marriage rights if you weren't so busy trolling and being angry and stupid.

Hope that helps.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181191 Feb 25, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. They have the right to equal treatment. They had their day in Court and lost. Too bad, so sad.
We don't allow children to marry. Are they being deprived of equal treatment? Yes. And the Court gave legitimate State reasons for doing so.
NICE!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181192 Feb 25, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. They have the right to equal treatment. They had their day in Court and lost. Too bad, so sad.
So why is polygamy illegal? Why don’t Mormons have the right to enter into multiple marriages sanctified by their church, if not the state? There’s a short answer to this question but not a very good one: polygamy is illegal and unprotected by the Constitution because the Supreme Court doesn’t like it.

Over one hundred years ago, the Court held in Reynolds v. U.S. that polygamy was “an offence against society.” The Reynolds decision upheld the criminal conviction of a man accused of taking a second wife in the belief that he had a religious duty to practice polygamy, a duty he would violate at risk of damnation. The Court compared polygamy to murders sanctified by religious belief, such as human sacrifice or the burning of women on their husbands’ funeral pyres.
Ranchitas

Covina, CA

#181193 Feb 25, 2013
Stay involved to keep the out of towners pigs from posting too much.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181194 Feb 25, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, indeed, it would have. But somehow I doubt that you will ever catch on that legally, it is a completely separate issue. It would have been just as irrelevant for the Kodys to show up and talk about the wonders of blueberry pie.
When poly goes to court. Please be sure to show up and tell them poly shouldn't be allowed "because it's a completely separate issue, your honor"

Too funny!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181195 Feb 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Why don’t Mormons have the right to enter into multiple marriages sanctified by their church, if not the state?
I'm not a Mormon. I don't know how the Mormon church decides its rules. They can marry whomever they want as far as I'm concerned, and they really don't need anyone's permission.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181196 Feb 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
So why is polygamy illegal?
... wait for it

off topic
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181197 Feb 25, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a Mormon. I don't know how the Mormon church decides its rules. They can marry whomever they want as far as I'm concerned, and they really don't need anyone's permission.
So can you. Except in NJ you can't marry someone of the same sex or more than one person at a time. So why do we whine, eh? We're all equal like that.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181198 Feb 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
When poly goes to court. Please be sure to show up and tell them poly shouldn't be allowed "because it's a completely separate issue, your honor"
Too funny!
Huh? When poly goes to court...poly shouldn't be allowed? WTF????? That makes about as much sense as a screendoor on a submarine.

Poly is a separate issue from the topic of this thread. Jesus Christ, you are defective.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181199 Feb 25, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
... wait for it
off topic
No it's not.

If someone mentions opposite sex marriage you don't whine at all. Why do you whine when someone mentions poly marriage?

Let me answer. It's because you are a hypocrite and have no argument.

I support equal protection. You do not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HemetHEMET: Food market's ex-owner convicted of... 22 hr lupita garcia 11
2 females found dead on Girard St in Hemet (Nov '13) Fri Chris 59
Boy, Man Found Dead Inside Hemet Home Fri Chris 3
more section 8 housing coming soon Fri Chris 16
ugly women with ugly tattoos!!!!! (Oct '12) Thu Stupid asses 99
el toro markets busted! (Jul '13) Thu SMAR 44
less blks in hmt since ebola Wed Kuntakinta 3

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match