Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,896)

Showing posts 157,901 - 157,920 of200,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what they all say, poly isn't marriage equality because the judge didn't mention it.
But striking down prop 8, which mandates that marriage is between one man and a one woman, also strikes down that pesky "one" thing along with that pesky "man woman" thing. Glad it makes you mad, hypocrite! But you can't have one without the other and have equality.
Marriage equality is for everyone, not just people you approve of.
Polygamy was illegal BEFORE Prop 8. It will reamin illegal after Prop 8. Striking down Prop 8 will NOT strike down bigamy laws. Prop 8 had NOTHING to do with polygamy. This thread is not about polygamy. The article in question is not about polygamy, nor does it mention polygamy. None of the judges made any ruling concerning polygamy.... they did NOT strike down that "pesky one thing."
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly, it is in fact carrying the context of gender, rather than illogically embracing every other aspect of marriage.
The fact is, marriage has always been the reunion of genders into a genderless being. In fact, it harkens back to the very roots of life; simple, genderless life forms.
Gay couples, on the other hand, are simply duplicate unions. Always only half of what a heterosexual couple equates to.
Smile.
So now two is half of two, eh? I figured out you are "unstable" but now I know you're off-the-deep-end nuts.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
The subject is Prop 8, not marriage equality. You fail at reading comprehension....AGAIN.
Yes. Prop 8 says marriage is a man and a woman. That's not fair. Not fair to homosexuals and EQUALLY unfair to polyamorists.

Striking down prop 8 strikes down the "a" part of "a" man and "a" woman as well as the "man" "woman" part.

So you see, it is very on topic. The only reason you try to spin that it's not is because you are a hypocrite. And it righfully makes you uncomfortable. That's on you Miss Thing, not me.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy was illegal BEFORE Prop 8. It will reamin illegal after Prop 8. Striking down Prop 8 will NOT strike down bigamy laws. Prop 8 had NOTHING to do with polygamy. This thread is not about polygamy. The article in question is not about polygamy, nor does it mention polygamy. None of the judges made any ruling concerning polygamy.... they did NOT strike down that "pesky one thing."
Yes. Polygamy will still be illegal, but it will have one more restriction removed, prop 8.

Prop 8 says marriage is a man and a woman. That's not fair. Not fair to homosexuals and EQUALLY unfair to polyamorists.

Striking down prop 8 strikes down the "a" part of "a" man and "a" woman as well as the "man" "woman" part.

So you see, it is very on topic. The only reason you try to spin that it's not is because you are a hypocrite. And it righfully makes you uncomfortable. That's on you Miss Thing, not me.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

http://poly-nyc.com/

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly, it is in fact carrying the context of gender, rather than illogically embracing every other aspect of marriage.
The fact is, marriage has always been the reunion of genders into a genderless being. In fact, it harkens back to the very roots of life; simple, genderless life forms.
Gay couples, on the other hand, are simply duplicate unions. Always only half of what a heterosexual couple equates to.
Smile.
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
So now two is half of two, eh? I figured out you are "unstable" but now I know you're off-the-deep-end nuts.
I accurately correct an attempt to divert from gender equality, and you turn around and do the same thing right off the bat (pun intended).

Here, let me school you;

We were not talking about numbers, we were talking about genders (See the very first sentence I posted for context). A gay couple represents half the available genders. A heterosexual couple is as diverse as gender possible. Both have two people, but one has only half the genders.

If I am unstable, what does that make you?

I have a letter certifying my sanity, this is a clear indication you need to pursue one. I can help you some more if you'd like.

Smile.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

If anyone sees "Xavier Breath" stick a fork in him. I think he's done.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

I have a letter certifying my sanity, this is a clear indication you need to pursue one. I can help you some more if you'd like.
Smile.
You claim to have 3, and you also claimed to lie to friends in order to obtain them.

Why are you so boastful about this?

Inner lesbian remembers things.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Marriage. There is no one right way.
PooMobila

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Look another paving job over the "out of towners" stupid postings.

It's reported that the pope commissioned a two-volume, 300-page document that ended up exposing a network of gay bishops within the Vatican.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

PooMobila wrote:
Look another paving job over the "out of towners" stupid postings.
It's reported that the pope commissioned a two-volume, 300-page document that ended up exposing a network of gay bishops within the Vatican.
Some Big Cardinal muckety muck who will be among those choosing a new pope said it's time the church came in to the 21st century (Having skipped the twentieth!) and letting priests marry. He thinks it will make them less randy, but it won't. Ask any married man!
Walking

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

The pile of Dungs are adding up, Communist China, Russia and now.

Iranís (blowHards) powerful or is that less? Revolutionary Guard says it has captured a foreign unmanned aircraft during a military exercise in southern Iran.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Diana Ross rule on that?:)
My thoughts exactly!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

GOP idiots wrote:
Whats even more shameful is the facts this lousy piece of DUNG and his party of idiots will be shutting down the government and the VA because they are just plain stupid.
They have and are ruining this country.
U.S. House Speaker John Boehner (BAY'-nur) is a pathtic piece of DUNG and he can't learn to shut his stinking mouth.
Boehner also says the compensation claims backlog remains alarmingly high nationally and in Ohio. He says system failures reported by Ohio veterans are shameful, like his filthy mouth shameful.
As a registered democrat I have to say it ain't just the GOP. Last count there are 535 over paid uncooperative whiny ignorant self absorbed loud mouthed spoiled little rich brats in Congress.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
If you love diversity and hate segregation; keep marriage one man and one woman.
If you're stupid and you know it post again!
If you're stupid and wanna show it post again!
If you're stupid we should know it, post again!
If you're stupid, wanna show it, just hit send!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Polygamy will still be illegal, but it will have one more restriction removed, prop 8.
Prop 8 says marriage is a man and a woman. That's not fair. Not fair to homosexuals and EQUALLY unfair to polyamorists.
Look, dummy. Prop 8 does NOT strike down the "a" thing. It was in effect BEFORE Prop 8 and it will continue to be in effect AFTER Prop 8. The "a" thing was NOT struck down.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
<quoted text>
I accurately correct an attempt to divert from gender equality, and you turn around and do the same thing right off the bat (pun intended).
Here, let me school you;
We were not talking about numbers, we were talking about genders (See the very first sentence I posted for context). A gay couple represents half the available genders. A heterosexual couple is as diverse as gender possible. Both have two people, but one has only half the genders.
If I am unstable, what does that make you?
Smile.
...yawn...
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
If anyone sees "Xavier Breath" stick a fork in him. I think he's done.
It's no secret that what you think has little value, but why in the world would you say that?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, dummy. Prop 8 does NOT strike down the "a" thing. It was in effect BEFORE Prop 8 and it will continue to be in effect AFTER Prop 8. The "a" thing was NOT struck down.
You have to do a little thinking here dummy, but it will be worth it. If Prop 8 stood as law of the land it will be even harder to make poly legal. The federal law would be gone but prop 8 would still be saying "a man and a woman!"

Not only will polyamorists have to strike down the federal law, but Prop 8 as well. But that won't happen, you're doing a fine job of getting rid of it for them! Even if that is not your intention, I'm sure they appreciate it. By the way most polyamorists support same sex marriage, why do you alienate them? Let me answer. Because you're an ignorant hypocrite!

Do you understand now, Miss Thing?

Marriage. There is no one right way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 157,901 - 157,920 of200,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hemet Discussions

Search the Hemet Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr PMS will get yeah 7,821
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 11 hr all doned in 4,864
Omg!! I can't believe my eyes so many blacks in... (May '13) 14 hr Just once 168
The Waterfalls (May '09) 15 hr hiker2 14
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sat The right is wrong 2,225
Do you approve of Jerry Franchville as Mayor? (Apr '12) Sat Becki Fire 5
Why is hemet racist ?!? Sat Becki Fire 26
•••
•••

Hemet News Video

•••
•••

Hemet Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••