Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#180468 Feb 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again!
Come on, is that your best argument?
I donít have an argument, I donít give a crap about it one way or the other.

I am trying to give you something to do other than to whine about it. Whining here will get nothing whatsoever done about it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#180469 Feb 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of the 460 children's parents were convicted jackass? Come on, you're the expert and I know nothing. Tell us. How many?
What we are getting to is the base of your ignorance.
The leader that they collectively had sworn obedience to, to the point that they would give their underage children to older men for sex was convicted of quite a few.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180470 Feb 20, 2013
When the children under 5 realized their mothers would be taken away, the children started crying and screaming, requiring CPS workers to pry many from their mothers.

Nice!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180471 Feb 20, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have net accused anyone of any crimes at all, they were accused ( and convicted ) by the courts. I am just making you aware of it as you seem totally ignorant of the event....
On May 22, 2008 an appeals court ruled there was not enough evidence at the original hearing that the children were in immediate danger to justify keeping them in state custody. The court added that Judge Walther had abused her discretion by keeping the children in state care. The court ruled, "The department did not present any evidence of danger to the physical health and safety of any male children or any female children who had not reached puberty."[52] The children were to be returned to their families in 10 days. CPS announced they would seek to overturn the decision.[53] On May 29, the Texas Supreme Court declined to issue a mandamus to the Appeals Court, with a result that CPS must return all of the children. The court stated,ďOn the record before us, removal of the children was not warranted.Ē[54] The court also noted that although the children must be returned, "it need not do so without granting other appropriate relief to protect the children."[55]
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180472 Feb 20, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The leader that they collectively had sworn obedience to, to the point that they would give their underage children to older men for sex was convicted of quite a few.
Four men were rightfully convicted of despicable crimes.

Jeffry Dahmer was rightfully convicted of despicable crimes. Should we outlaw gay marriage?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180473 Feb 20, 2013
Mental health workers who worked at the shelter testified similarly to state officials, also citing lack of privacy, only military cots for sleeping and poor-quality food, with no communications and threatened arrest if mothers waved to friends. "The CPS workers were openly rude to the mothers and children, yelled at them for trying to wave to friends... threatened them with arrest if they did not stop waving"[85] Workers took notes on everything the "guests" said. In many of the testimonies it was compared it to a prison or concentration camp.

Nice!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#180474 Feb 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Four men were rightfully convicted of despicable crimes.
Jeffry Dahmer was rightfully convicted of despicable crimes. Should we outlaw gay marriage?
and here is why you talk about polygamy, how you can relate that to not allowing gay marriage.

Jeffery Dhamer was not involved in a same sex marriage, he didnít use same sex marriage as the "excuse" for his crimes, he is not the face of same sex marriage, never was. In the minds of voters he is just a criminal and has nothing to do whatsoever with same sex marriage.

Not true for your personal hero Warren Jeffs, he IS the public face of polygamy, I donít think he should be, but he is in the minds of a large number of voters. If you would just go out and get your signatures you might realize that.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180475 Feb 20, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and here is why you talk about polygamy, how you can relate that to not allowing gay marriage.
Jeffery Dhamer was not involved in a same sex marriage, he didnít use same sex marriage as the "excuse" for his crimes, he is not the face of same sex marriage, never was. In the minds of voters he is just a criminal and has nothing to do whatsoever with same sex marriage.
Not true for your personal hero Warren Jeffs, he IS the public face of polygamy, I donít think he should be, but he is in the minds of a large number of voters. If you would just go out and get your signatures you might realize that.
No one used polygamy as an excuse for crimes. No matter how you spin it, there is no reason for same sex or poly marriage to be unlawful.

We have perfectly good laws against all the crimes your ignorance can conjure up. Some people in marriages abuse their spouses. Do we ban marriage?

One of the links I submitted and you ignored because you already know everything and I am stupid was of a happy family of 3 men and their 6 children. Are they child molesters too? Should CPS seize their children too?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180476 Feb 20, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many Islamic polygamists around the world. Many more than Christian.

Does that give polygamy a bad image in your world too? I guess so.

So far your argument seems to be polygamists are bad. And I should go out and gather signatures because no one cares except they hate it because of the ugly "face of polygamy" or something.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180477 Feb 20, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>.
Not true for your personal hero Warren Jeffs,
Come on, are you going to start that crap again?

Come back when you have an argument, I've heard all your ad hominem. It's stupid.
SpazzO

Covina, CA

#180478 Feb 20, 2013
SpazzO, how are the crime stats this month?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#180480 Feb 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, are you going to start that crap again?
Come back when you have an argument, I've heard all your ad hominem. It's stupid.
What crap, no one can talk about the advances that are in the courts now over same sex marriage because of your obsessive infatuation
Big D

Modesto, CA

#180481 Feb 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many Islamic polygamists around the world. Many more than Christian.
Does that give polygamy a bad image in your world too? I guess so.
So far your argument seems to be polygamists are bad. And I should go out and gather signatures because no one cares except they hate it because of the ugly "face of polygamy" or something.
I donít have an argument, I am not opposed, I would vote in favor if it ever came up.

I donít think all polygamists are bad, but the bad one are the only ones in the spotlight lately. You should do something about that.

It probably isnít going to come up because no one seems to be working on bringing it up from a legal perspective. We just have people totally obsessed with it that wine and complain but do nothing.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180482 Feb 20, 2013
Sure they have, there was a case in Utah very recently. Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it didn't happen, you are ignorant of a lot of things.

But why does it matter how many people want it or how many current court cases there are? WHY? Why do keep saying that?

Do we issue equal rights by popularity contest? Do I get to decide on your marriage?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180483 Feb 20, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
What crap, no one can talk about the advances that are in the courts now over same sex marriage because of your obsessive infatuation
This crap: "your personal hero Warren Jeffs"

Dishonesty crap. Ad hominem.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180484 Feb 20, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
...It probably isnít going to come up because no one seems to be working on bringing it up from a legal perspective. We just have people totally obsessed with it that wine and complain but do nothing.
http://www.sltrib.com/cat/polygamy
Big D

Modesto, CA

#180485 Feb 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
This crap: "your personal hero Warren Jeffs"
Dishonesty crap. Ad hominem.
He has to be, you cant discuss anything else or allow anyone else to discuss anything else.

I bet you have a picture of him in a place of honor where you used to keep an American flag.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#180486 Feb 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Sure they have, there was a case in Utah very recently. Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it didn't happen, you are ignorant of a lot of things.
But why does it matter how many people want it or how many current court cases there are? WHY? Why do keep saying that?
Do we issue equal rights by popularity contest? Do I get to decide on your marriage?
Let me know how that goes, if it every comes to California or to the supreme court I will take notice.

No we are a nation of law, we donít do civil rights by popularity contest which is why your buddies in Utah are so upset that we are overturning prop 8, they wanted it to be by popularity, but they were wrong.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180487 Feb 20, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He has to be, you cant discuss anything else or allow anyone else to discuss anything else.
I bet you have a picture of him in a place of honor where you used to keep an American flag.
That crap.

Same sex MARRIAGE, opposite sex MARRIAGE and poly MARRIAGE all deserve the same respect and consideration.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#180488 Feb 20, 2013
Now it begs the question, if your heroes in Utah are so much for marriage equality, why did they fund the campaign in California opposing it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ugly women with ugly tattoos!!!!! (Oct '12) 1 hr TRUTH HURTS 92
2 females found dead on Girard St in Hemet (Nov '13) 2 hr Chris 52
more section 8 housing coming soon 11 hr baby boomer 11
Cal Fire Sucks (Nov '11) Mon EastEndResidentnt 42
Finders Keepers Estate Sun Molly 1
FUBU Clothing Company is Racist (Oct '12) Oct 17 Daeavalis 45
Bob PratteHEMET: Huffing motive to air conditio... Oct 17 unknown 2

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match