Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#180316 Feb 19, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a major force in the marriage equality movement, plural marriage division.
so.. how come a major move has not come up yet?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#180317 Feb 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He won't help you either. Great argument you have there by the way.
You are afraid of the mention of polygamy. Or else why such a hostile reaction?
Oh no, it is your dishonesty that is so funny, I could care less about polygamy, I honestly think you could care less about polygamy too, other than how you can use it to attack supporters of Same Sex marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180318 Feb 19, 2013
One must ask, what harm comes from consenting adults choosing to form a union? Regardless of the situation, same sex, poly, incest even, as long as they’re happy and no innocent persons are harmed in the process, what right does the government, or anyone else for that matter, have to involve themselves in the business of others? Does it make sense that a man may legally live with one “official” wife, and yet can have “girlfriends” in the same home? How can it be argued by the government that this action is acceptable, but the minute they choose to try and “marry” another, it is now illegal? Where is the logic here?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180319 Feb 19, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a major force in the marriage equality movement, plural marriage division.
Big D knows nothing about the subject. According to him there is no one concerned about equal protection for polyamorists except me and some child molesters and welfare cheats.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180320 Feb 19, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Please provide a link to the news story.
I did already several times. In direct posts to you. You ignored it and referred me to your troll vote count.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180321 Feb 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Does there have to be a "major move" before they deserve equal protection? The burden is on you. Tell us why they don't deserve it, don't tell us there are not a lot of people interested.

So what how many people want it? Why does that matter so much to you? That should make you happy,that few people want it, you'll probably never have to be offended by the ugly sight of a happy poly family of say, three men and children.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#180322 Feb 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes time Big D....you know that.. It has to over come the historical aversion to it, remember Utah, Mormon, Supreme Court. The legal SSM movement has opened the door to the possibility of some form of legalized polygamy.

Who would've thought there'd be a reality show about a polygamous family ten years ago...now there's two. The SSM movement has encouraged plural families to, come out of the closet, to borrow a phrase. In today's social world with nuclear families, blended families, marriage kids divorce remarriage and more kids, multiple baby's mamas and daddies, families headed by SSCs, is a plural family really that unusual?

Americans are serial monogamists. We are blasé about a man fathering several children out of wedlock with several different women, so what wrong with a Brown family arrangement?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180323 Feb 19, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes time Big D....you know that.. It has to over come the historical aversion to it, remember Utah, Mormon, Supreme Court. The legal SSM movement has opened the door to the possibility of some form of legalized polygamy.
Who would've thought there'd be a reality show about a polygamous family ten years ago...now there's two. The SSM movement has encouraged plural families to, come out of the closet, to borrow a phrase. In today's social world with nuclear families, blended families, marriage kids divorce remarriage and more kids, multiple baby's mamas and daddies, families headed by SSCs, is a plural family really that unusual?
Americans are serial monogamists. We are blasé about a man fathering several children out of wedlock with several different women, so what wrong with a Brown family arrangement?
Yes. And how many families are there today where the father has children from two serial wives? Are the half siblings better off with the father and only one of the children's mothers? Or better off with both with their father and both their mothers in the home as a loving family?

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#180324 Feb 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I did already several times. In direct posts to you. You ignored it and referred me to your troll vote count.
I said news story jackass
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180325 Feb 19, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>I said news story jackass
Find it yourself clown. The where and when it happened is in her essay. Read it.

What's my vote count? Did you make any more derogatory threads against me since the last few?

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#180326 Feb 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Find it yourself clown. The where and when it happened is in her essay. Read it.
What's my vote count? Did you make any more derogatory threads against me since the last few?
You posted the crap, no find the real story. I would like to understand why the kids where taken away. If it what I think, you might want to look deeper.

More than 400 children, mostly girls in pioneer dresses, were swept into state custody from a polygamist sect in what authorities described Monday as the largest child-welfare operation in Texas history.

The dayslong raid on the sprawling compound built by now-jailed polygamist leader Warren Jeffs was sparked by a 16-year-old girl's call to authorities that she was being abused and that girls as young as 14 and 15 were being forced into marriages with much older men.

Dressed in home-sewn, ankle-length dresses with their hair pinned up in braids, some 133 women left the Yearning for Zion Ranch of their own volition along with the children.

http://www.google.com/url...

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#180327 Feb 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so dumb, you can't understand a decent analogy.
I'm not making an 'analogy to the definition of marriage', I'm mocking the claim that children are not a part of marriage.
Everyone but you knows that...
Smirk.
Well, stupid, you are the only person why has made that claim.
LOL!
Guess you might as well join everybody else who mocks you.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#180328 Feb 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Moreover, if you remove the element of procreation, you dumb down marriage to just a friendship. Hardly a cause for government interest, let alone selective discrimination.
Smile.
<quoted text>
First, there is no procreation in gay relationships. Zero.
Well, since you don't have to be able to procreate in order to marry, that doesn't matter.
KiMare wrote:
Second, gays are the ones attempting the 'removing' of procreation form marriage. I'm removing nothing. Remember the desolate walnut tree hanging apples on itself claiming to be an apple tree?
I doubt if you ever met logic...
Well, that analogy avoids logic. And you are too stupid to understand why.

Nobody is trying to remove procreation from marriage.
Hidious

Covina, CA

#180330 Feb 19, 2013
Never can tell but 3.5 % is a lot to me.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#180332 Feb 19, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since you don't have to be able to procreate in order to marry, that doesn't matter.
<quoted text>
Well, that analogy avoids logic. And you are too stupid to understand why.
Nobody is trying to remove procreation from marriage.
No the goal is to remove the conjugal, husband and wife, aspect from legal marriage. Procreation is the natural, unless there are obstacles to the contrary, result of the male female sexual union. The male male, or female female does not produce anything that warrants a compelling state interest.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180333 Feb 19, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>You posted the crap, no find the real story. I would like to understand why the kids where taken away. If it what I think, you might want to look deeper.
More than 400 children, mostly girls in pioneer dresses, were swept into state custody from a polygamist sect in what authorities described Monday as the largest child-welfare operation in Texas history.
The dayslong raid on the sprawling compound built by now-jailed polygamist leader Warren Jeffs was sparked by a 16-year-old girl's call to authorities that she was being abused and that girls as young as 14 and 15 were being forced into marriages with much older men.
Dressed in home-sewn, ankle-length dresses with their hair pinned up in braids, some 133 women left the Yearning for Zion Ranch of their own volition along with the children.
The fact is innocent children were permanently damaged. And no evidence of the alleged crimes was found. The accusations were false and the phone call was phony.

Happy children were removed from their loving biological parents and relegated to strangers. Often without even their siblings. NICE! eh Jizzy?

There are perfectly good laws against all the imagined crimes you associate with polygamy. Use them. Prosecute crimes to the full extent of the law NO MATTER WHAT TYPE OF MARRIAGE the criminals are in.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#180334 Feb 19, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, stupid, you are the only person why has made that claim.
LOL!
Guess you might as well join everybody else who mocks you.
Rose_NoHo.

Exactly! Regular readers of this thread always agree with me when I say that the love I have for my Homosexual friends, the lesbians, and yes, even the Homosexual and non-Homosexual Africans is second to none. Even so, I do not approve of Homosexual cannibals using Homosexual Africans to make sandwiches.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/b6vnlvw

Ronald
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180335 Feb 19, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>You posted the crap, no find the real story. I would like to understand why the kids where taken away. If it what I think, you might want to look deeper.
In 2008, state authorities entered the community after Texas Child Protective Services (CPS) and other authorities received several calls from abused juveniles.[3] However, one or more of these calls were made by a Colorado Springs, Colorado resident, Rozita Swinton, masquerading as a YFZ ranch resident. In the call or calls, Swinton falsely identified herself as 'Sarah' and gave her age as 16. She was later arrested in Colorado and the fictional 'Sarah' has not been shown to exist.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180336 Feb 19, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
Here you go. Wikipedia, just your speed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YFZ_Ranch

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#180337 Feb 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is innocent children were permanently damaged. And no evidence of the alleged crimes was found. The accusations were false and the phone call was phony.
Happy children were removed from their loving biological parents and relegated to strangers. Often without even their siblings. NICE! eh Jizzy?
There are perfectly good laws against all the imagined crimes you associate with polygamy. Use them. Prosecute crimes to the full extent of the law NO MATTER WHAT TYPE OF MARRIAGE the criminals are in.
Barlow was sentenced to jail last year after pleading no contest to conspiracy to commit sexual conduct with a minor. He was ordered to register as a sex offender for three years while he is on probation.

The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, headed by Jeffs after his father's death in 2002, broke away from the Mormon church after the latter disavowed polygamy more than a century ago.

Jeffs is jailed in Kingman, Ariz., where he awaits trial for four counts each of incest and sexual conduct with a minor stemming from two arranged marriages between teenage girls and their older male relatives.

In November, he was sentenced to two consecutive sentences of five years to life in prison in Utah for being an accomplice to the rape of a 14-year-old girl who wed her cousin in an arranged marriage in 2001

Falsely accused????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hemet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HemetHEMET: Food market's ex-owner convicted of... 21 min Boy 4
more section 8 housing coming soon 1 hr Chris 13
el toro markets busted! (Jul '13) 1 hr SMAR 44
ugly women with ugly tattoos!!!!! (Oct '12) 13 hr jrush 97
less blks in hmt since ebola 19 hr Kuntakinta 3
City, fire department reach agreement on medic ... 20 hr EastEndResidentnt 1
2 females found dead on Girard St in Hemet (Nov '13) 21 hr Chris 54

Hemet News Video

Hemet Dating
Find my Match